test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assignments Reportedly Missing

Comments

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are the changes I've managed to make today, based on the excellent details you have all shared in this thread (and a few other older reports I found):

*snip*

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter. I wouldn't have known where to begin without the information you all provided.
    Wow! Those are some major fixes Bort. Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this, and sort these various niggling little issues, its really appreciated!

Also - not sure if it was you or someone else that recently sped up the completion of doff/R&D assignments - but this was another major QoL improvement. Thanks!!
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hatax2 wrote: »

I was pretty much convinced Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones was dead for fed, so hopefully I'll see it in the future.

I got it a few days ago. Every time it comes up I advertise in Doffjobs/calls. But it is pretty rare, and as its buried in Medical DH, its hard to spot
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    To anyone who claims they can't get Romulan Bridge officer missions, I have a Romulan Science officer recruitment mission running right now, and I've run probably 7-10 since DR. They've always been elusive though, from what I know.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are the changes I've managed to make today, based on the excellent details you have all shared in this thread (and a few other older reports I found):

The following assignments previously available only in Star Clusters have been moved to the adjacent Sector Blocks:
    - Recover Debris from Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility
    - Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant
    - Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Compete in Exhibition Ushaan Matches on Andoria
    - Raid on Industrial Complex (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Mining Colony (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Research Facility (6 hr version)
    (This should fix most of the issues described in this thread, as they were being caused by map requirements that could no longer be met.)

The rarity of the following assignments have been adjusted, allowing them to appear with somewhat more frequency:
    - Evaluate Reman Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Evaluate Reman Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Evaluate Reman Science Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones

Fixed a bug that was preventing Romulan captains from ever having access to the following assignment:
    - Special Deal on Entertainment Provisions

Fixed a bug that was causing the following Military assignments to reward Diplomatic CXP (even to KDF-aligned Romulans)
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from Klingon Defense Force
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from United Federation of Planets
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from Acamarian Sovereignty

The following Romulan assignments can now accept Duty Officers from the player's allied faction (Fed or KDF):
    - Common Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Uncommon Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Uncommon Duty Officer Transfer
    - Rare Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Rare Duty Officer Transfer
    - Very Rare Duty Officer Transfer

So, presuming all of the above checkins end up being cleared by QA (that is, I didn't TRIBBLE anything up in the process), hopefully those changes will appear in a patch within the next month or less.

If there are additional outstanding issues, please continue to use this thread to report the details. And again, remember to include both:

- Exact Name of Assignment
    - Exact Location it Should Be

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter. I wouldn't have known where to begin without the information you all provided.

Borticus...FU<K YEAHHH!!!

COMIN ALONG TO FIXIN ALL THA' DOFFIN' BUGS!!! *singing*

BORTICUS...FU<K YEAH!!!!
    :P:D:P

*Sang to the tune of that oh-so-famous Team America song...*
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you, Borticus, for telling us what you needed and for actioning what you got into a useable fix for problems. If you wanted to set up a thread asking for stuff of this nature in future, I'm sure we'd all try harder to be specific and not just vague and moany.

Bort' is hereby appointed lord high bast*rd of all northern England (an honour indeed, now who gets the reference?)
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This may or may not be related, but - is the time delay DOFF missions finishing gone?

I had the impression that they were at least done faster than before. And not the way they were sped up lately by being finished in groups of 3.

Ooops, no, I thought this thread was about the problem where DOFF assignments you had started were missing, not that missions weren't available. Sorry!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Research_Anti-Psionic_Shields

I think I've seen that assignment 3 times in the 3 years I've been playing this game.

I often see that assignment in SFA. Today I saw it on defera ground. And it's require 2x "Shields Battery - Large" (not one). Information about this assignment in STOwiki isn't correct.
    edited February 2015
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    I often see that assignment in SFA. Today I saw it on defera ground. And it's require 2x "Shields Battery - Large" (not one). Information about this assignment in STOwiki isn't correct.

I see this mission often enough, but I NEVER do it because, well, because it requires two LARGE batteries ffs.

Aside from borg STFs, is there any other way to get them? Can you get them on crit for the shipboard "Fabricate Battery" assignment? If not it should be made so.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Uhhhh.. off the top of my head, I'm gonna say yes, you can get large ones from critting the shipboard assignment.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    been looking for a while and still have not seen first mission in the "ghosts of the Jem'hadar" chain....has any one been able to start this chain since the fix and where were you when you found it?
  • richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's one I've been trying to find in all of the reported sectors where it should pop so I can get Rulian Mazan the Bartender.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Investigate_Temporal_Anomaly
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's one I've been trying to find in all of the reported sectors where it should pop so I can get Rulian Mazan the Bartender.

that one can pop up virtually anywhere. but it doesn't do so often.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mcgrizzled86mcgrizzled86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    been looking for a while and still have not seen first mission in the "ghosts of the Jem'hadar" chain....has any one been able to start this chain since the fix and where were you when you found it?

I actually just saw the first Ghost of the Jem'Hadar quest in Beta Ursae yesterday, so it looks like at least with the latest patch it has returned.
  • vendincevendince Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to say thank you. I checked with my alts, and two who were missing the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar chain now can get it. I might need to go grab it with the rest. Excellent news.
  • ihateboisihatebois Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The following assignments previously available only in Star Clusters have been moved to the adjacent Sector Blocks:
    (This should fix most of the issues described in this thread, as they were being caused by map requirements that could no longer be met.)

The rarity of the following assignments have been adjusted, allowing them to appear with somewhat more frequency:

Fixed a bug that was preventing Romulan captains from ever having access to the following assignment:

Fixed a bug that was causing the following Military assignments to reward Diplomatic CXP (even to KDF-aligned Romulans)

The following Romulan assignments can now accept Duty Officers from the player's allied faction (Fed or KDF):

So, presuming all of the above checkins end up being cleared by QA (that is, I didn't TRIBBLE anything up in the process), hopefully those changes will appear in a patch within the next month or less.

If there are additional outstanding issues, please continue to use this thread to report the details. And again, remember to include both:

Hell yeah!! Bug fixes!!!! Thank you soooooo much. We really appreciate it! As a reward, you may have the rest of the day off! :eek::):D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I got her in the Tekara sector block on my newest character. I think it's safe to assume that the assignment can probably pop up anywhere. I'm almost certain I got her in Orellius before, and I know I've gotten her in Alpha Centauri, but neither of those blocks are highlighted on that map.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ATTENTION BORTICUS!

I'm not sure, but when you restored the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar chain you may have inadvertently split some of the missions into Fed and KDF. Before they went missing, when star clusters were changed, I believe that when a particular mission in this chain popped in a sector, it was available to both Fed and KDF at the same time. See the Doff Trekker sheet: https://i.imgur.com/BWKWv3m.png

I don't know the full extent of what changed, if anything, since about half of my characters have already completed the chain, and most of the others were stuck at 9/10. I do know that when Provide Sanctuary to Gul Tain 10/10 has popped (current map) so far -- I've seen it twice -- it has been either for Fed or KDF, not both. I've confirmed it both ways with multiple characters: when it's visible to Fed, KDF for whom it should be available don't see it, and vice versa. I don't know if 10/10 was even changed at all with the recent patch -- maybe it's always been separate.

This isn't the biggest of deals, but it'd be great to know whether or not this is intentional so that the Doff Trekker sheet can be altered to reflect it. Thanks.
  • presqueislepresqueisle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Persuade Cardassian Captain from the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar chain is still not available and didn't make the list of fixes.
  • mysobriquetmysobriquet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What about DOff assignments that show all reqs met, but the "begin assignment" button is greyed out?

Should I post those here as well?

(Currently unable to login. Will post when able.)
    edited March 2015
    What about DOff assignments that show all reqs met, but the "begin assignment" button is greyed out?

Should I post those here as well?

(Currently unable to login. Will post when able.)

Yup. Ditto. This.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rolor Nebular gives no Missions at all i ask in chat iam not the only one with that problem (so the Colonize Chain is broken).
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First of all Borticus, thank you for this. So it wasn't just all in my mind when I thought the doff map looked more like it used to today then :D.

That said I do have a report and I can't believe no one else has brought this up yet, but then I'll do so.

All haggle missions appears to be gone from the trader at DS9, both I and other have tried repeatedly to find them with him with no luck. (Personally I have tried with three toons, over several days and several times a day. And I'm not alone in this.)
    They can be found on the sector map but it is almost impossible to do so. You have to locate special points on the map to find, usually on the border, if you overshoot you have to fly back and try again. (See this thread for more.) I have found one on the border of the Minos Corva sector and one slightly beyond the border of the Orionis sector (unrefined keteracel and jevonite I believe it was), but as it takes some very careful flying to find the spots I don't always bother and as I said they are utterly gone from the DS9 trader.

The names of missions are:

Haggle for Bateret Incense.
    Haggle for Ferasan Nepeta Leaves.
    Haggle for Jevonite.
    Haggle for Shapeshifting Lockets.
    Haggle for Tulaberris.
    Haggle for Unrefined Keteracel.

I can't remember which sector they used to be in as I usually picked them up from the trader and only if I happened to spot them on the map, so if anyone recalls I'd be much obliged if you'd add the information.

And once again Borticus thanks for the speedy fixes and for looking into this :).
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yes, all haggle missions definitely missing since s10 rollout - or more accurately, i havent seen a single one. some have reported finding them in random location but i havent

btw - there have been reports of doff missions showing up briefly as you travel through space and apparently cross a boundary, but they disappear fast and you cant get them back. i can report that ive finally witnessed this myself as i was desperately searching for haggle missions by flying back and forth with the doff mission window open. if you miss them, then your doff mission list reverts back to a standard configuration that is the same every time. in fact, i managed to finally click on one 'new' mission (not in my standard default list) and it instantly reverted the whole list back to the defaults! and i didnt get the 'new' mission either

this is such unusual behavior that im assuming it has to be a bug

but if its not and the means to get them has just changed somehow, fine just let us know what the new system is

if its a defect please try to find time to fix it. my related assignment chains have ground to a standstill
    edited May 2015
    point of clarification, i was talking about ds9 haggle missions disappearing. i used to park my ship there and cycle in while developing a klingon character in order to essentially farm haggle missions. i havent really looked for haggle missions elsewhere yet

well except for the 'doffing on the borders' where you fly along the sector borders and wait for the mission list to change. that does work but its very spotty and so far i havent found any haggle missions there yet. its also tedious as hell so it would be better if we could get the missions at ds9 on a fairly regular basis
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Bribe Ferasan for Information about Jem'hadar in Sector", a Trade assignment from the 'Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar' chain that formerly appeared in the Rolor Nebula, Zenas Expanse and Breteka Nebula seems to have vanished. It's been missing since, roughly, the Exploration Cluster removal, I believe.

In addition, most of the Trade assignments seem to, since The Iconian War was released and Quadrants replaced Sector Blocks, appear only if a player is exactly on a border between sectors, especially in the Alpha Quadrant. If one crosses the border, the assignment list reverts back to the 'default' with no region-specific assignments listed. The only way to get it back is to reverse until you're in the previous sector, then move forward again at one-quarter speed so that momentum when trying to stop doesn't carry you across the border.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All the haggle missions from DS9 Ground, Space and Sector.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Asylum assignments now longer show up on ESD, Sol system, Andoria ground (via Ops department head), Vulcan space, and Vulcan ground like they used to.
    edited May 2015
    fwiw, i spent about four hours today flying around the sector borders (doffing on the borders) and still to date have not found a single haggle mission since s10. not even one
  • nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can find doff missions in the orbit of some planets. For example, I've found Haggle for Jevonite and Haggle for Tulaberries missions at Orias in Orias sector. The areas where doff missions are found seems to be crammed in right on sector borders, or more easily found orbiting some unimportant stars. I haven't found them near useful places like Bajor, Defera or New Romulus.

On the other hand, DS9 and its resident Ferengi trader are flat out missing the missions ilithyn mentioned.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In the rare and random spots where the assignment list will correctly update, haggle assignments can still be found in the zones they used to show up in. Actually finding those spots where the list updates, of course, is incredibly tedious as it appears to be totally random. They can also be found from the trader on a tuffli/cell ship if you visit the bridge in one of those zones.