test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assignments Reportedly Missing

Comments

• sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The following three Marauding assignments used to show up in exploration clusters, but no longer do:

Raid on Industrial Complex
    Raid on Mining Colony
    Raid on Research Facility

The assignments went missing when the cluster maps were removed.

As someone who doff's almost religiously I can attest that these missions have not been seen since the exploration clusters have been removed

Also I believe one assignment called "Forced labour camp in X cluster" requiring three prisoners has been removed. The only one that remains is the "Forced labour" available from the normal sector blocks that requires the input of 5 prisoners.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've seen the assignement "Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones" http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Reclaim_Assimilated_Borg_Drones once since I've started playing (at Free to Play Launch - so 3 years and 8 toons) and I'm usually flicking through Doff screens as I move around, so either this is impossibly rare (even for a very rare mission) or its broken and hence not showing up.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    Also I believe one assignment called "Forced labour camp in X cluster" requiring three prisoners has been removed. The only one that remains is the "Forced labour" available from the normal sector blocks that requires the input of 5 prisoners.

Both my Orion and KDF aligned Romulan still get Forced Labor Camp missions in the cluster areas.
    edited February 2015
    One thing that does seem like it's changed, before the Romulan Recruitment assignments broke a ways back, I would sometimes get ones for the other careers while one was running (say Evaluate Romulan Science while I had Romulan Tactical in progress). After the fix, I have never gotten a Romulan Recruitment assignment while another is in progress.

I've gotten 2 Romulan recruitment missions back to back on my Romulan.

My Reman gets maybe 1/4 the Romulan/Reman recruitment missions that my Romulan does, so I suspect that thee's still something wacky with Romulan recruitment. It's so bad that the (Fed) Reman's entire bridge crew came from the (KDF) Romulan, giving me some interesting outfit options.
  • oscartgrouchoscartgrouch Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm as sure as I can be about the two ghosts of the jh missions, without looking at the code ofc.

"Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility"

"Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship"

Also romulans captains can't run any of the special deals

"Special Deal on Entertainment Provisions"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I can confirm this. To my knowledge, I have never gotten one of these assignments on my Fed-aligned Romulan or KDF-aligned Reman characters.

I started my Fed-Rom over a year ago (October/November 2013ish), so the assignment's unavailability to Romulans predates both points Borticus mentioned. It's likely always been the case.

-edit-

Just for clarity, I'm pretty sure that's one of the assignments that can show up in any sector. There are several of them of different rarity, and they give Orion/Vulcan Entertainment Holograms of a corresponding rarity on critical success.
    edited February 2015
    Also romulans captains can't run any of the special deals

I can vouch for this.
    I've gone looking for this on both my Fed and KDF aligned Romulans (1Reman, actually) when I've seen the mission up in sector space with my regular Fed and KDF characters, and it's never there.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Here are the changes I've managed to make today, based on the excellent details you have all shared in this thread (and a few other older reports I found):

The following assignments previously available only in Star Clusters have been moved to the adjacent Sector Blocks:
    - Recover Debris from Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility
    - Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant
    - Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Compete in Exhibition Ushaan Matches on Andoria
    - Raid on Industrial Complex (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Mining Colony (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Research Facility (6 hr version)
    (This should fix most of the issues described in this thread, as they were being caused by map requirements that could no longer be met.)

The rarity of the following assignments have been adjusted, allowing them to appear with somewhat more frequency:
    - Evaluate Reman Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Evaluate Reman Engineering Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Evaluate Reman Science Bridge Officer Candidate (Romulan Only)
    - Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones

Fixed a bug that was preventing Romulan captains from ever having access to the following assignment:
    - Special Deal on Entertainment Provisions

Fixed a bug that was causing the following Military assignments to reward Diplomatic CXP (even to KDF-aligned Romulans)
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from Klingon Defense Force
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from United Federation of Planets
    - Provide Additional Security for Delegation from Acamarian Sovereignty

The following Romulan assignments can now accept Duty Officers from the player's allied faction (Fed or KDF):
    - Common Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Uncommon Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Uncommon Duty Officer Transfer
    - Rare Duty Officer Reassignment
    - Rare Duty Officer Transfer
    - Very Rare Duty Officer Transfer

So, presuming all of the above checkins end up being cleared by QA (that is, I didn't TRIBBLE anything up in the process), hopefully those changes will appear in a patch within the next month or less.

If there are additional outstanding issues, please continue to use this thread to report the details. And again, remember to include both:

- Exact Name of Assignment
    - Exact Location it Should Be

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter. I wouldn't have known where to begin without the information you all provided.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good work, mang.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow that is awesome Borticus! Thanks for great response on this.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the fixes, Borticus! And Remans will be more common? Awesome :)

Wow, I vaguely remember this one, complete forgot about it until I saw it in the list.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That was fast. Thanks Bort.
    edited February 2015
    And Remans will be more common? Awesome :)

Slighty. I changed them from Ultra-Rare to Very-Rare.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Slighty. I changed them from Ultra-Rare to Very-Rare.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Research_Anti-Psionic_Shields

I think I've seen that assignment 3 times in the 3 years I've been playing this game.
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Research_Anti-Psionic_Shields

I think I've seen that assignment 3 times in the 3 years I've been playing this game.

Some assignments are going to remain rare. If I started un-raring everything, we'd have the same issue on our hands, in a different way.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • oscartgrouchoscartgrouch Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thank you Borticus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are the changes I've managed to make today, based on the excellent details you have all shared in this thread (and a few other older reports I found):

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter. I wouldn't have known where to begin without the information you all provided.

Just wanted to say thank YOU for tackling this! I'm a big doffer myself and have been bummed by each of the bugs listed there. On top of that being able to exchange all officers at Romulan Command is great, that was always a pain to run to two places to clean up the roster.

I was pretty much convinced Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones was dead for fed, so hopefully I'll see it in the future. Along with the Reman boffs as I've never seen it, looking forward to finding it!
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi Bort! I don't want to hijack your thread, but any chance we could get some of this love applied to some old (and some not so old) Accolade troubles?

Edit: Seriously though, thank you for helping fix the Doff missions!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This is unheard of! I am amazed! If all that actually makes it in a patch (relatively) soon, it'll be better than any new season or expansion. Thank you, Borticus.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thats great!, as always, thanks Borticus! its very inspiring to know that the devs are working on some old bugs when you can :) (lets hope we dont get a reggression in a future patch :P)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The following assignments previously available only in Star Clusters have been moved to the adjacent Sector Blocks:
    - Recover Debris from Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Infiltrate Deep Space Ketracel-White Production Facility
    - Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in Gamma Quadrant
    - Investigate Unmanned Jem'Hadar Warship
    - Raid on Industrial Complex (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Mining Colony (6 hr version)
    - Raid on Research Facility (6 hr version)
    (This should fix most of the issues described in this thread, as they were being caused by map requirements that could no longer be met.)

Thank you, borticus. I think this should fix the issues caused by the removal of the cluster maps. Do you happen to know why exploration clusters show only colonial assignments? Was this an intentional design decision, or is it a side effect of something else?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Many thanks borticus!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this reminds me... reverse engineer Alien personal shield technology currently gives you something that, while good, is mk11 and essentially unupgradable since it turns into a normal shield after upgrade.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -snip-

Great, thanks for all these fixes to doffing missions, Borticus!
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's quite a list of fixes.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, lots of assignment fixes. Thanks Bort. :)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I'm surprised Persuade Cardassian Captain didn't make the list. Still, I can live with that with the amount of fixes here, going to make doffing a lot more viable again, thanks Borticus :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for these fixes. I was losing hope that this bug would ever be fixed :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before getting into the list, just wanna say, "You rock, brothah."
    The following assignments previously available only in Star Clusters have been moved to the adjacent Sector Blocks: *snip*
    Great news on all these - it'll be nice to be able to finish the Ghosts chain on my newest toons.
    The rarity of the following assignments have been adjusted, allowing them to appear with somewhat more frequency:
    - Evaluate Reman ...
    Great news for the Reman lovers out there.
    - Reclaim Assimilated Borg Drones
    Oh, awesome. This mission has been so frustrating for so long. I check every character whenever I'm in the proper zone and I've gotten to run it exactly once since F2P. *happy dance*
    Fixed a bug ... Fixed a bug ...
    Bug fixes are always welcome, glad we could help you pin those down.
    The following Romulan assignments can now accept Duty Officers from the player's allied faction (Fed or KDF): D.O. Reassignment/Transfer
    OK, *this* seriously made my day. I know most players don't want to use the 'grinder' because of the dil cost, but for those of us who'd prefer to have an all-Romulan crew, this is the only way to get more Romulan doffs without spending tons of zen on reinforcements packs. I'd given up hope of this ever being fixed, so I am quite chuffed, thanks Bort! :D
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some assignments are going to remain rare. If I started un-raring everything, we'd have the same issue on our hands, in a different way.
    Cool, so I think we can infer that the Romulan Evaluate missions are Very Rare and working as intended, and that now the Reman versions should drop with about the same frequency. When I see folks complaining, I'll just point them to this thread.

Of course with the recent BOff changes, prices for these BOffs will tank so there won't be as many people kvetching about not finding them. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax