What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is your DR right now?

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    I hit 48 today with my new Fed-Rom Tactical. I just finished being betrayed by Slamek and rubbing some more sand in Hakeev's eye socket.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's too bright in here.

Stupid Slamek. Should've stabbed you in the arena when I had the chance.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got to DS9, Lvl 41. Just checking to see if Kurland is here.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly tried to get into it but with so many alts already and the unfriendly to alts specialization system I threw in the grind towel. The token rep thing is somewhat edible but yeah I got a feeling since doing all this so many times over and over already and kind of bored of the same old grind I just don't see this going anywhere productive.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lieutenant Commander 17, flying an Exeter-class medium cruiser (U.S.S. Alliance). I'm taking it slow.

Also have Republic and KDF recruits, but I'm holding off on playing them until the new sector space goes live.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Ferasan is level 32 and hasn't even gotten halfway through the Fek'lhri arc yet. He'll probably be over 50 by Nimbus with the double XP... I'm going to keep him in his fishy-wishy Vandal destroyer for 30-40, though, don't feel like I've gotten enough use out of it yet.

My Epohh Researcher friend just allied with the Federation and turned in her first stack of contraband.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Romulan hit 50 day. I wanted her there quickly, so that she could visit her own home planet :P
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My KDF-Romulan is at level 55, and I just finished the Spectres story arc.

I've unlocked all the "Reach Level X" rewards, and received the prize for half of all Storyline Episodes. I got R&D Beams to L5, which I jumped to L10 with that reward. I've joined a fleet.

I've collected every piece of Iconian Info/Tech along the way (including the removed-from-the-list-for-Romulans Alpha mission tech).

I don't recall how many Iconian pieces I've left to pick-up overall though.

Next-up: The dreaded Cardassian Struggle story arc, then the Borg Advance and Breen Invasion arcs (18ish total missions to go).

Once I complete those last 18ish missions, I'm going to make a Fed and KDF DR just to unlock the Fed (Klingon War) and KDF (Dominion Domination, Empire, Fek'Ihri Return, Vigilance, and Warzone) story arc rewards on my account, which I think is all the prizes listed in the Temporal Agent store.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm half way to 55, grinding out marks for all the rep's and debating whether or not to plunge into DR :eek:
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,828 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I gave up as soon as I started...NO MOTIVATION for more grinding :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Only at "The New Link" because it really doesn't matter how quickly I complete the missions, we have a few weeks.
  • Options
    ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    KDF - Lvl 50, 43/44 completed, Lvl5 Crafting is all that's left and that'll be done this afternoon.

FED- Lvl38, Ready to begin "Rapier", Lvl5 crafting already done.

Plan to still do a Rom to unlock all the items.
  • Options
    drkaczsdrkaczs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hit 51 with my joined Trill FED Engineer and Finished Boldly they rode mission.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    I gave up as soon as I started...NO MOTIVATION for more grinding :D

Today I learned that playing story content = "grinding"

What is NOT "grinding" then? Playing around on the tailor?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Completed the second patrol wrapper in the Delta Quadrant (level 56). And the fighting is tense, without finished reputations and optimized gear..... :o
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015

lol

I'm glad you guys are being more open on the forums again, and am enjoying the event very much. Thanks for making what seems like a good turn around Cryptic.

Btw, could you maybe possibly do a Featured Episode Rerun so that my delta recruit really can become my main?
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Don't do it bort ......you cannot please some.people they will cry no matter what
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2015

No offense, but replaying story content for the sole purpose of a new shiny... That's grinding IMO. Playing brand new never before seen story content, bring it on!
  • Options
    drkaczsdrkaczs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The Cardassian Missions are grinding the game was fun to that point then slam on the breaks. LOL

I will be making a new Klingon to try out the story there.:D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

Lol, I know you love Kurland, but the Cardassian story line has some of the most annoying things you could ever put in the game.

1) That mission in the wormhole where you could blast every ship in there quickly, but still have to wait for the really really slow ship to arrive.

2) Hearing your voice interrupt gameplay every couple of minutes in Boldly They Rode. No offense, but you know it's annoying.

3) Going to the Gamma quadrant in a shuttle, and having you fly all over the place to interact with satellites. By the way, you guys eliminated one mission in the Klingon arc that was just as annoyingly slow, and I thank you for that.

3) Extra long episodes in general that have lousy rewards given the time spent. Funny enough, with the 150% bonus, the rewards actually seem normal.

The while story arc needs a revamp, unfortunately.
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Bort, people need to learn that playing story content is not grinding, your rep system is grinding
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lets see now...

Kuiama, KDF aligned Romulan.. at level 56 I believe. All done with the Delta recruit stuff and has started on Delta quadrant mission, and cycling doff missions as fast as I can manage while....

Khemaraa Iron Hand (the Younger) remade my original lead toon, fill Klingon this time, and not a liberated borg... Just made capatin and is currently playing over Nimbus III.. be hitting the Romulan arc next.. also DOFFing away

Franky Cook, Fed, level 11.. I'll hit her up to 20 later today.. wont take long so she can at least get the DOFFing toward this week goal.

Just the three.. though after some serious housecleaning I've got another 6 free character slots I'll likely as not put to use.. but not quite yet... Lets see what the goals for week 3 will be eh?

Working on the romulan arc all three faction turn in for my existing toons.

Yea.. Delta recruit event is pretty rocking... always a rough choice which selection to make for those every 10 level awards... rough stuff!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Playing some of that early story content again after so long reminded me of why I fell in love with the game in the first place. The sense of being the lone ship, out in the galaxy helping people out is something that falls by the wayside once you're grinding rep marks for the next bit of gear. I've nothing against that or I would have stopped doing it, but I do hope that we can get some more content like those early missions in the future because they do feel more like TNG to me.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    jrichard1979jrichard1979 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I refuse to grind. To me grinding is sitting in the same area killing the same mobs over and over and over for hours and hours. (patrol missions anyone?)

I still don't understand how leveling is hard the way people describe it. I have 7 characters most at 58-60. I Only play one of them. Just do doff missions and occasional stf on the others. I have been playing my Delta grouped with my wife. We play a few hours a night except when she works, then we don't play. Both of us made 30 last night.

Best way I find to level is to play the episodes, doff missions, and have fun.

Having fun I think helps more then anything. if you are chasing a shiny you will never get there fast enough, if you have fun the shiny will just show up at random.

That's the case for me and my wife at least.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The Tailor? Depends on how many characters and BOFFs one is trying to match - since loading saved outfits doesn't always work. ;)
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I have quite enjoyed replaying the story content, in general. And for the most part I do not consider it grinding, with one major exception:

When my DR character got to some of the formally Featured Episdoes, that I've literally already played dozens of times each over the years (for various prizes, replay events, etc.)...

I got to be honest, some of them got really tough (worst offenders include Temporal Ambassador, The Vault, Coliseum, Night of the Comet, Cold Case...).

It sucks, too, because I remember loving some of those the first time (or three) I played them when fresh and recently released. Hearing Denise Crosby the first time in Temporal Ambassador. Fighting in the Coliseum... These were all pretty awesome. Now I just dread running cross-country with Slamek (without frosted boots, no less! :rolleyes:), and it's just a little soul-crushing each time I play through them again. One extra paragraph of Iconian story-line in the middle doesn't help.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have quite enjoyed replaying the story content, in general. And for the most part I do not consider it grinding, with one major exception:

When my DR character got to some of the formally Featured Episdoes, that I've literally already played dozens of times each over the years (for various prizes, replay events, etc.)...

I got to be honest, some of them got really tough (worst offenders include Temporal Ambassador, The Vault, Coliseum, Night of the Comet, Cold Case...).

It sucks, too, because I remember loving some of those the first time (or three) I played them when fresh and recently released. Hearing Denise Crosby the first time in Temporal Ambassador. Fighting in the Coliseum... These were all pretty awesome. Now I just dread running cross-country with Slamek (without frosted boots, no less! :rolleyes:), and it's just a little soul-crushing each time I play through them again. One extra paragraph of Iconian story-line in the middle doesn't help.

The following was posted in the How do you approach missions thread...
    zenn3k wrote: »
    How I play most missions in STO:

F, F, F, Shift-R, Shift-R, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, TAB, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, TAB, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, F, F…

LOADING SCREEN

F, 1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1, F, F, F, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,F, F, F.

LOADING SCREEN

F, F, F, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, TAB, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar,Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, Spacebar, F, F.

Collect my reward.

...and that's how the missions end up for quite a few pretty quickly.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkaczs wrote: »
    The Cardassian Missions are grinding the game was fun to that point then slam on the breaks. LOL

Well, it *is* called the Cardassian *Struggle*.

I'm hoping the remade missions are called "Keeping Up With the Cardassians".
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mine's passed out at Club 47 after two missions in the Klingon War...
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    considering deleting mine the game has been so laggy lately my delt gives me a headache watching her take 2 steps forward and 3 back