Install Arc
Options

STO Rebirth

Comments

• Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    oh in that sense i totally agree, pvp has been dead for ever, im really suprised there are any players left that still hold out any expectation for that to change, let alone bother to login or post about it. maybe i should have put a caveat with my post, but i honestly didnt expect any pvpers to be here to read it :/

The PvP in this game was AWESOME and quite a few PvP'ers, that no longer play, still read the forums. If you read the previous posts in this thread., you'll see people more excited for Rebirth than they've been for any new recent STO seasons. I'm one of them.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The STO launch was a disaster if I dont remember wrong. The game not even have any sort of balance and it was bugged as hell and for sure I wont grind a lvl 40 character (in that time was not as easy as now to get to lvl 40) to play one or two PVPs.. beacose I am sure of one thing: after the exitment goes down, everyone is going to get back to holodeck with their op and broken stuff.

If this at least were v1.3 I may think about it (that was the PVP gold age), but launch STO? lol no.. I think the current STO is even more balance ;)

I still remember the mega ultra tacts Alpha and the RSP god mode.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The STO launch was a disaster if I dont remember wrong. The game not even have any sort of balance and it was bugged as hell and for sure I wont grind a lvl 40 character (in that time was not as easy as now to get to lvl 40) to play one or two PVPs.. beacose I am sure of one thing: after the exitment goes down, everyone is going to get back to holodeck with their op and broken stuff.

If this at least were v1.3 I may think about it (that was the PVP gold age), but launch STO? lol no.. I think the current STO is even more balance ;)

I'm for sure NOT going back to holodeck! I left this game because of it's current state, but I'm willing and excited to return to an older build of this game!
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Redshirt is back in the launcher, but currently my login process gets stuck at "Waiting for the account server response...".

I want to get to level 6, roll a KDF toon and start queueing for PVP. I want to walk in the original Great Hall again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    I think you're going to be horribly surprised.
    I got horribly surprised by S9.5 and anything following. It doesn't matter how bad STO was at some point - at least it WAS playable. Right now, you just can't even play on Holodeck, that's how broken and bad it is.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Is it still up?

It seems to be up, yes. But it won't let anyone in: "Waiting for the account server response..."
  • Options
    tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please Cryptic... load the S1.2 build on a separate server, and let us have this as dedicated PVP server. :cool:

I would gladly pay for such a server :)
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It still works.

FYI I am using the custom shortcut for starting up Redshirt. Dunno, maybe worth a try?
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Playing the tutorial right now :)

Does anyone have any good builds/specs from that time?

Edit:
    Aaaaaand I got kicked while typing these words...server's down again I guess :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Greetings from Redshirt :p

dammit I got kicked, can't get back in :(

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    tried using the custom shortcut, still doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ya, the Redshirt button dissapeared on me! :(

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So sad. I was really looking forward to playing Rebirth all night, hoping that it might last a couple of days.

EDIT: Redshirt entry is back, launcher is attempting to patch the 10GB again. Let's see what happens.
    EDIT2: The server is unavailable, but the game got patched back to DR. Dang.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'd pay for a Season 1.2 PvP server!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I got the Redshirt button. I do have the redownload the 10 gig though, which sucks. I hope they did not wipe my Lt 3 character.

And I would also pay for a season 1.2 server :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    I got the Redshirt button. I do have the redownload the 10 gig though, which sucks. I hope they did not wipe my Lt 3 character.
    The new Redshirt patch replaces Rebirth with almost a 1-1 copy of the Holodeck build.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mancom wrote: »
    The new Redshirt patch replaces Rebirth with almost a 1-1 copy of the Holodeck build.

And there it goes my hope - time to uninstall again. cya
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mancom wrote: »

:mad:

Yeah, I jut logged in... There goes all my renewed excitement for STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You know what's the really sad part of this? Cryptic does not have enough time or resources to fix some very basic balance issues and bugs or setting up a pvp shard, but they have the time to pull off this joke, set up a server that we pvpers really love to see, just to immediatly take it off and slap us in the face once more. Well, kinda what we should have expected...
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got to create a character, went to a meeting, come home hoping to fight off my nostalgia and it's gone. I am crying IRL.

Geko was probably getting pissed off at all the people praising old school sto and not his autistic korean bull****.
  • Options
    linkdown1linkdown1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So sad i thought i was going to play some sto again.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i never got to stack flow regulators so i had no weapons power drain :(

this could have been our refuge, an actual pvp server. :(:(
  • Options
    riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i never got to stack flow regulators so i had no weapons power drain :(

this could have been our refuge, an actual pvp server. :(:(

If they would start from scratch with that build and actually listened to PvPers it would be an amazing cash cow for them. Again, as stated in my previous post, Geko is most likely completely against it, liking the idea of it as an April Fool's joke; then when he the masses were enjoying a completely contentless, crude version of his Korean/Asian MMO bull**** he no doubt got extremely childish, bitchy and pulled the plug.

RIP FUN STO
  • Options
    vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    guess is time to accept the fact that our game we played for so many years nolonger exists.

maybe in the future we will fight eachother again in other star trek mmos .
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would return if they do this permanently id also pay a monthly sub to make it worth their while to keep it up, if any devs read this at least consider it mayb do a post with a vote on it- id bet alot of others i used to play with would return also.
  • Options
    allia1allia1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Youst take a fast lock on sto forum and i se Rebirth ...... v1.2 .... WOW .... :eek: = download sto again , PVP ... O its gone.
    Not a perfekt build , but lot better than Delta ,,, why try to explain . Bring it back and i pay my sub again.
    Ok, back to the games i play ,
    Ps ,cryptic i whatch this forum from time to time , prehaps some day i start play sto again.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't be crazy folks. A 1.0 build would be a terrible PvP server... unless you like perma jams and VM chains. A 1.1 Server just as bad unless you idea of fun is hull tanking cruisers that can't die. A 1.2 server yes oh ge wiz lets have some fun with 400% CSV... 1.3 Yes please can I have a -600 Debuffing Delta 3 back.... 1.4 Yes lets FAW boat it up to drive each other mad... 1.5 Sure 5 man sci teams with CPB and Tachyon beam combos that make you grab your ankles every 20s... 1.6 Back to FAW boats online. And of course I think Voldy and Double shields was introed at first in 1.2 and it would be in every build since.

Is it extremely funny that there April fools day gag back fired as it did... I bet they didn't really expect people to say "I hope this isn't a joke".

Lets us Ex STO lovers not kid ourselves however... there has never ever been a state in which this game was well balanced. Is it more out to lunch these days... sure but that's only because there is more systems in the game at this point and they are just as buggy and full of wrong headed design as the old ones where.

There is no hope for PvP in this game. Play space barbie here if your a bigger Trek fan then you are SW... whichever play space barbie where ever you feel at home. Don't delude yourselves into thinking Cryptic had created some PvP masterpiece at any point in the last 5 years that they could just dig off a backup drive. lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    Don't be crazy folks. A 1.0 build would be a terrible PvP server... unless you like perma jams and VM chains. A 1.1 Server just as bad unless you idea of fun is hull tanking cruisers that can't die. A 1.2 server yes oh ge wiz lets have some fun with 400% CSV... 1.3 Yes please can I have a -600 Debuffing Delta 3 back.... 1.4 Yes lets FAW boat it up to drive each other mad... 1.5 Sure 5 man sci teams with CPB and Tachyon beam combos that make you grab your ankles every 20s... 1.6 Back to FAW boats online. And of course I think Voldy and Double shields was introed at first in 1.2 and it would be in every build since.

Is it extremely funny that there April fools day gag back fired as it did... I bet they didn't really expect people to say "I hope this isn't a joke".

Lets us Ex STO lovers not kid ourselves however... there has never ever been a state in which this game was well balanced. Is it more out to lunch these days... sure but that's only because there is more systems in the game at this point and they are just as buggy and full of wrong headed design as the old ones where.

There is no hope for PvP in this game. Play space barbie here if your a bigger Trek fan then you are SW... whichever play space barbie where ever you feel at home. Don't delude yourselves into thinking Cryptic had created some PvP masterpiece at any point in the last 5 years that they could just dig off a backup drive. lol

Well, it's not about getting a PvP masterpiece, it's about getting at least playable PvP again! Right now, PvP is literally unplayable...