test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Rebirth

124»

Comments

• tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously cryptic.. please consider making a PvP only shard of say season 5!!!

Hell, I even liked season 4 where my BOP could hang in a fight!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tfomega wrote: »
    Seriously cryptic.. please consider making a PvP only shard of say season 5!!!

Hell, I even liked season 4 where my BOP could hang in a fight!

Devs already replied in another topic that this is never going to happen:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23172531&postcount=48
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Devs already replied in another topic that this is never going to happen:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23172531&postcount=48

A shame really. But based on their information, about how difficult it was to bring back an older code version of STO onto their more advanced code, or to at least be usable with the Server structure that probably no longer supports the way STO used to work.

I wish I would have actually known it was going to be a real, true thing to play. I might have patched it, and even streamed it on Twitch. Oh well.

And I can understand Bobs point.. While sure it might be good to reminisce (sp?) on the older game play we had, we have to also remember the bugs that were IN those older builds.

Now, how ever, if they were interested in bringing back an "Older" STO, but with those bugs actually squashed... THEN it might be fun.

I agree with the dreams I've read.. where the path that STO took to get to where it is, actually got deviated and went in a different way, where it was more like it was back in the original day, but with more focus on balance, and less on the amount of money that can be milked from the players, and from what parts of the game that process takes place.. Maybe we could have had a game that players like my self, would have continued to enjoy.

As it stands right now.. I'll relegate my self to logging into a character once a month, just to make sure I don't get jipped of my Monthly stipend. That I'll probably just waste on lockbox crates and RNG Dreams. :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    theres a good part about this ...have 10gb free on my HDD for other games :D

STO is using only few kb of hdd space ...the site link on my chrome bar lol
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    You know STO is dead and buried when the Devs Troll the PvP community and put more work into a 1 day troll server than the last 3 years on PvP.

Truly a shame they don't want my money. I'm itching to keep giving it and pay like I have from launch until Season 9 but the fun is gone.

They can't out PvP the PvPers. They can't out dps the DPSers. They can't make content feel more like RP than the RPers. But the Devs can troll with the best of them.

Because this was totally a troll aimed specifically at the pvp community and not for any of the other reasons they could have done it. No, it's a personally targeted attack by Grand high Evil sorceror Geko and his minions to ruin your april fools day.

Get over yourselves. It was a joke for the entire community and it was a fun diversion. But that's all it was.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    illcadia wrote: »
    Because this was totally a troll aimed specifically at the pvp community and not for any of the other reasons they could have done it. No, it's a personally targeted attack by Grand high Evil sorceror Geko and his minions to ruin your april fools day.

Get over yourselves. It was a joke for the entire community and it was a fun diversion. But that's all it was.

I think there is a very real possibility that it was a premeditated troll. lol

I mean the last DEV post in the PvP section was a troll... so its completely possible.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, in the end I've had more fun leveling my S1 character (while I could) than my Delta recruit.

Random thoughts:

- The present Fed tutorial is one long movie compared with the S1 tutorial, where you start doing stuff right off the bat.
    - Old ESD is best ESD :rolleyes:
    - The lack of unskippable cut scenes in the tutorial and in the Azura mission made the missions more fluid and enjoyable.
    - This is only an impression but the game seemed more responsive. Less lag on the UI clicks.
    - I've still not gotten used to the new icons so seeing the really old ones was refreshing.

Conclusion: old man Sysil says that he's been playing this game for too long and anything past S8 is TRIBBLE (except for the Romulans. I love my Rommies) :mad:
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    I decided to make a Delta Recruit for the possibility of lower level PvP........

Got DC'd 8 fracking times before hitting level 5!!

The problem I see with that is people using crafted UR or better weapons and consoles on their ships. Also, is there a minimum level on universal consoles? If not, no thanks. I don't have the ressources to invest on a low-level character that's going nowhere.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    If they would start from scratch with that build and actually listened to PvPers it would be an amazing cash cow for them.
    Would it?

Without lockbox ships, where people spend hundreds of dollars on a single ship?
    Without a Dilithium Grind?

What are you gonna pay for a STO PvP server to make it a cash cow? A 100 $ monthly subscription?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.