test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Rebirth

Comments

• klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    damn its not working for me after the 3-4 gb download

The download is 10 GB's. Create a new shortcut and then right click then. Then click on properties. Under target hit space after the " and copy -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Once you are done it should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2015
    The download is 10 GB's. Create a new shortcut and then right click then. Then click on properties. Under target hit space after the " and copy -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Once you are done it should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

they could have made it more sinple
  • klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they could have made it more sinple

Ya they could have, but from the way the talk they didn't expect it to work at all.
  • linkdown1linkdown1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Haven't logged in almost a year. Logged in today in hopes to get some matched in. Please keep this up.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just leveled to Lt 3. Can't wait to get to Lt 6 so I can have access to PvP.

And it's a blast doing the Vega tutorial again, and killing Klinks in Sector Enemy Contacts. :D

Please Cryptic keep it up!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they need to keep this up and running all the times, takeing it down only between season beta testing
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015

oh nice thanks for that. It's working now :)
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I can't get it to launch. It downloaded the giant fricking patch, but won't launch.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »
    I wonder, does this patch come with a digital copy of wishstone?

Would be way more authentic. :p

Well, we would need the old forums back for that, Hank. And hell, why we're at it, the entire old website.

I will say, that even though I've had troubles getting it to work (and honestly I don't mind), I'd gladly P.A.Y. for such a 'classic' server to remain up.

Actually, now that I think about it...the game not working at all at launch...? That's...that's exactly as it's supposed to be! It's a very faithful recreation of it!
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    April 1st prank gone wrong when ppl actually really would like that instead of the **** that infest the real server.
    Noone.
  • vonednavonedna Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zorandra wrote: »
    April 1st prank gone wrong when ppl actually really would like that instead of the **** that infest the real server.

gone wrong or not I'd actually spend money to play that.Heck they can update till and stop @season 5...they will sure get my money.

sad part is they will remove it.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vonedna wrote: »
    Don't say that...makes me sad :(
    edited April 2015

Until they do, I'll be having some nostalgia-fueled fun. It's more than the Holodeck game is giving me.
    edited April 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    Until they do, I'll be having some nostalgia-fueled fun. It's more than the Holodeck game is giving me.

played all day at work ...can't wait to get home and level up some more and do a pvp match :D

pitty we can't chat with people there .
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    played all day at work ...can't wait to get home and level up some more and do a pvp match :D
    I felt the same way. I only managed to play the tutorial. For the first time in years I couldn't wait to rush home, start up STO and level my character for some oldfashioned pewpew - but when I finally arrived, the game was down for maintenance and I fear that Rebirth (the best expansion ever and this player loves it) might be gone when the server goes back up.
  • bigtimehustlerbigtimehustler Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mancom wrote: »
    I felt the same way. I only managed to play the tutorial. For the first time in years I couldn't wait to rush home, start up STO and level my character for some oldfashioned pewpew - but when I finally arrived, the game was down for maintenance and I fear that Rebirth (the best expansion ever and this player loves it) might be gone when the server goes back up.

Not sure why they would tease us for what equates to a few hours only to rip it down. Zero said it took a lot of doing just to get this done. So why go through all that trouble just for one half day? Btw they said it's unstable but I haven't had a single problem with it minus the fact that it won't load my test keybind file. Which is understandable considering half the keybinds didn't exist back then. So I just did them manually no problem. I have yet to witness what part of unstable this is. I see no reason to take it down since redshirt is mostly useless anyway.

Would be kinda funny seeing people who ignored vpvp show up here for pvp though. Ironic yet comical in many ways. I certainly hope this stays up indefinitely to give certain "pvpers" a chance to put up over here. But to play devils advocate here I can see most of us ending up in sci ships using viral matrix 3.
    edited April 2015
    Not sure why they would tease us for what equates to a few hours only to rip it down. Zero said it took a lot of doing just to get this done. So why go through all that trouble just for one half day? Btw they said it's unstable but I haven't had a single problem with it minus the fact that it won't load my test keybind file. Which is understandable considering half the keybinds didn't exist back then. So I just did them manually no problem. I have yet to witness what part of unstable this is. I see no reason to take it down since redshirt is mostly useless anyway.

Would be kinda funny seeing people who ignored vpvp show up here for pvp though. Ironic yet comical in many ways. I certainly hope this stays up indefinitely to give certain "pvpers" a chance to put up over here. But to play devils advocate here I can see most of us ending up in sci ships using viral matrix 3.

well they could make that "pvp shard" (all mmos have that ) and make it official.It would be cheap you know...I dont need updates lol
    edited April 2015
    well they could make that "pvp shard" (all mmos have that ) and make it official.It would be cheap you know...I dont need updates lol

Apart from some balancing issues that I'm sure there was at the time. My poor memory fails me again, but I suspect some Sci powers are very strong.
    edited April 2015
    Apart from some balancing issues that I'm sure there was at the time. My poor memory fails me again, but I suspect some Sci powers are very strong.

compared to holodeck sci powers are fine lol
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Account server is working again, but the launcher only shows Holodeck and Tribble :(

But since they have now proved that it is possible to put an old build on a server, maybe we should really push for a S1.2 shard. I'm willing to pay a fee for getting access to such a thing.
    edited April 2015
    Account server is working again, but the launcher only shows Holodeck and Tribble :(

That really sucks. I don't want to return to DR after playing Rebirth.
    edited April 2015

:(:(
    well guess is back to my other games.
  • maolanmaolan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So... They're eliminating the Holodeck server?

Excuse me, but I am not downloading 10GB's all over again just to start from level 1.

If this is an april fool's joke, it's a bit late, and I'm not seeing humor in it.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1.3 shard plox.
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    askgay wrote: »
    can't ask much from some people who got a game already made by others who left and only milked it.

wether you like the game, or the changes they have made, they certainly didnt just take a game made by others and milk it.. the old code was messy, inconsistent and less than ideal, and while there are still many issues, there has been alot done, Legacy of Romulus alone was like a whole new game. my guess.. this rebirth patch on redshirt is there to remind, or show folks, what the game has evolved from. yeah it was great having a play on the original, but as it stands now, bugs aside it has come a long way and looks amazing. Ok, Delta Rising may not have been all it could be, failing to meet the expectations of many and really not building on the foudation LOR laid out.. and that was very likely down to the decisions of a single person.

S10 is around the corner, there is a new person at the helm, and things really do feel to be looking up, at least enough to bring me back to the game after a good few months away, and judging by some other posts i have read, im not the only person returning. the corporation may be out to milk the player base, thats capitalism for you and no espcaping it, but the guys and girls that actually put the work into the game arn't. looking forward to seeing what they have put together for us.
    "there is little sense, judging the future, on the failings of the past, while currently enjoying the present.."

*obviously this doesn't apply to pvpers as their game was killed off seasons ago
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited April 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    S10 is around the corner, there is a new person at the helm, and things really do feel to be looking up, at least enough to bring me back to the game after a good few months away, and judging by some other posts i have read, im not the only person returning. the corporation may be out to milk the player base, thats capitalism for you and no espcaping it, but the guys and girls that actually put the work into the game arn't. looking forward to seeing what they have put together for us.

It's just going to be more grind and more 1h unchallenging episodes. If you like those, I'm happy for you. I like PvP, and they've killed it more or less slowly over multiple seasons. Rebirth was a chance to enjoy grindless and (more or less) balanced PvP that's not been seen since the launch of LoR.

I am not looking forward to the future because the direction of the game is clear to me and I don't like it.

"there is little sense, judging the future, on the failings of the past, while currently enjoying the present.."

I don't like the present game, the past game was much better and the future will be worse than what we have now.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015

But since they have now proved that it is possible to put an old build on a server, maybe we should really push for a S1.2 shard. I'm willing to pay a fee for getting access to such a thing.

+1

nice sig btw :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maolan wrote: »
    So... They're eliminating the Holodeck server?

Excuse me, but I am not downloading 10GB's all over again just to start from level 1.

If this is an april fool's joke, it's a bit late, and I'm not seeing humor in it.

No, ofcourse they're not shutting down Holodeck server. It was an April-fools thing. And yeah, now it's late but it was on time yesterday. :P
    They did however open the launch version of STO on Redshirt server for a day for nostalgic reasons, but that seems to be over as well.

So don't worry, you'll pick up your chars on Holodeck after the patch from right where you left them. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's just going to be more grind and more 1h unchallenging episodes. If you like those, I'm happy for you. I like PvP, and they've killed it more or less slowly over multiple seasons. Rebirth was a chance to enjoy grindless and (more or less) balanced PvP that's not been seen since the launch of LoR.

I am not looking forward to the future because the direction of the game is clear to me and I don't like it.

I don't like the present game, the past game was much better and the future will be worse than what we have now.

oh in that sense i totally agree, pvp has been dead for ever, im really suprised there are any players left that still hold out any expectation for that to change, let alone bother to login or post about it. maybe i should have put a caveat with my post, but i honestly didnt expect any pvpers to be here to read it :/

*added caveat to original post
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
    edited April 2015
    oh in that sense i totally agree, pvp has been dead for ever, im really suprised there are any players left that still hold out any expectation for that to change, let alone bother to login or post about it. maybe i should have put a caveat with my post, but i honestly didnt expect any pvpers to be here to read it :/

The PvP in this game was AWESOME and quite a few PvP'ers, that no longer play, still read the forums. If you read the previous posts in this thread., you'll see people more excited for Rebirth than they've been for any new recent STO seasons. I'm one of them.