test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Rebirth

sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Were it really true I would play the hell of STO like the good old times...

Not perfect by a long shot but much better than S9 and up.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9119293-star-trek-online%3A-rebirth
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tmghost999tmghost999 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking at the date, i fear this is some sick joke from Cryptic/PWE...

Quote from blog : "But fear not—we’ve heard your requests, and we’re here to fulfill them. Starting today, we will all start anew, together."

If this a a joke, this blog is a BIG insult to every one who ever played PVP and tried to make it better (Bootcamp, tournements, the "PVP Leaderbords",...)

If this turns out to be true after all... damn... PVP will rise from the ashes !
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tmghost999 wrote: »

Quote from blog : "But fear not—we’ve heard your requests, and we’re here to fulfill them. Starting today, we will all start anew, together."

If this a a joke, this blog is a BIG insult to every one who ever played PVP and tried to make it better (Bootcamp, tournements, the "PVP Leaderbords",...)

If this turns out to be true after all... damn... PVP will rise from the ashes !

I have no illusions about this being real. It's supposed to be a joke from Cryptic and all the PvE'ers will laugh.

And as far as insults to the PvP community goes, it's rather mild compared to what they did to the game.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suspect they will unlock a very old game build on Redshirt for a while and then remove it... if anything happens at all. But yeah feels more like an insult than a stupid april fools joke.
  • askgayaskgay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

can't ask much from some people who got a game already made by others who left and only milked it.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its kinda funny, everyone else would cringes at the return of launch sto, but it would allow for a vastly improved, 0 bar of entry pvp experience. so, please actually do it cryptic? launch pvp wasn't perfect, but it cant be worse then what its become.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, the return of viral matrix snb science perma disable bops!
    Qapla! ^^
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If it only was true...
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If STO:Rebirth happened, I'd return.

Sure, nobody ever requested a return to a launch build. Even the staunchest defenders of the good old times usually don't go back beyond wishing for S1.2, but oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Too bad that this is an April Fools thing and that nobody at Cryptic will understand that there are people who genuinely feel that even the launch build is better than what we have today.

EDIT: They are really unlocking a Redshirt? Well, time for patching. Let's see what this is.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    umm, its literally on redshirt apparently. who wants to try to get a kdf to 40? should be fun! think of all those near useless pvp marks you would accumulate along the way!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its kinda funny, everyone else would cringes at the return of launch sto, but it would allow for a vastly improved, 0 bar of entry pvp experience. so, please actually do it cryptic? launch pvp wasn't perfect, but it cant be worse then what its become.

BAsically what would happen is 95% of the playerbase leaves and the 5% come back for the pvp. Then the game shuts down because nobody else like it at launch other than the pvp crowd.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dammit i can't get this to work. It patches for roughly 210 mb and when it's finished i get some formatting error. The "Beta" folder is nearly empty, no *.exe, no nothing.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hrmm, I got trouble patching it. Getting some error message, download is very slow too.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3147wz/star_trek_online_rebirth_is_the_real_dealios_guys/cpya8qv

Start up the launcher like normal.
    At the top click on Options.
    Scroll down to the command line at the bottom.

Add:
    -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Then patch Redshirt.

Remove -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com from the command line to patch Holodeck tomorrow.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this turns out to be no fake: I totaly wish it will last for a while and be a big success. Hell, I'd return to STO - best expansion ever, and the players love it!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to see a shard with the original build on, kind of like what ********* (remember that?) did with "********* classic" when they brought out their massive engine upgrade years and years ago.

It'd be a curio for peeps who weren't around as well as giving you "uberl33t pvp" types a playground for nostalgia :D

EDIT

Oh, and it seems that a certain game with the initials "RS" is verboten on this forum. Damn.
    I need a beer.

• klingontacoklingontaco Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apparently it is real. It is up on redshirt. It just isn't permanent and it isn't stable. Hopefully they will see the positive responses and make it permanent. PvP in sto has too much grind and too many broken things.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hilbert? Are you ok, buddy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    QEW vs IC NAO!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2015
    im patching to see how it is
    edited April 2015
    If this is for real, then consider you Lore guys, QEW, TSI era skysni types challenged :p

Old school initial release pvp hax!

edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »
    If this is for real, then consider you Lore guys, QEW, TSI era skysni types challenged :p

Old school initial release pvp hax!

Devs said they will probably take it down tomorrow. So it is real but it isn't permanent. The specific quote was.

"As for how long this will remain active, I'm unsure. We don't know how stable it will be, as it's not a proper build. I imagine it'll be up until tomorrow morning, but I can't make any guesses past that timeframe. :)" - ZeroniusRex
    edited April 2015
    Devs said they will probably take it down tomorrow.

If that's true I'm gonna be supper bosted mad. :mad:

edited April 2015
    Damn. At the rate it's going I'll still be patching by the time they take it down :(
    I need a beer.

edited April 2015
    I wonder, does this patch come with a digital copy of wishstone?

Would be way more authentic. :p

edited April 2015
    ilhansk wrote: »
    If that's true I'm gonna be supper bosted mad. :mad:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3147wz/star_trek_online_rebirth_is_the_real_dealios_guys/cpyd3i0

There is the link to what she said, but ya I am not happy about it too. Who knows I bet they didn't expect that many people to like the idea. I also doubt it would take that much to keep it going. I doubt they would though.

On a side not what does it say about Cryptic that a lot of people want to play sto from before Cryptic had it?
    edited April 2015
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3147wz/star_trek_online_rebirth_is_the_real_dealios_guys/cpyd3i0

There is the link to what she said, but ya I am not happy about it too. Who knows I bet they didn't expect that many people to like the idea. I also doubt it would take that much to keep it going. I doubt they would though.

On a side not what does it say about Cryptic that a lot of people want to play sto from before Cryptic had it?

As far as I know, cryptic took over STO from perpetual well before it went live. I mean way way before, like from the "still in the planning stage with some tech demos" stage.
    I need a beer.

edited April 2015
    As far as I know, cryptic took over STO from perpetual well before it went live. I mean way way before, like from the "still in the planning stage with some tech demos" stage.

I might be wrong in my history of STO. I wasn't around back then, but the point stands that people still want to play it before what is going on now. So cryptic while they have added some good things have added grind and cheese to exceed it.
    edited April 2015
    I might be wrong in my history of STO. I wasn't around back then, but the point stands that people still want to play it before what is going on now. So cryptic while they have added some good things have added grind and cheese to exceed it.

Oh indeed yes I agree. It reminds me (as I pointed out earlier) that it is almost exactly what Jagex (the developers of a certain MMO with the initials "RS") did when they made a massive update (i.e. full backend engine transplant and content rebuild).
    I need a beer.

edited April 2015
    Oh indeed yes I agree. It reminds me (as I pointed out earlier) that it is almost exactly what Jagex (the developers of a certain MMO with the initials "RS") did when they made a massive update (i.e. full backend engine transplant and content rebuild).

Really PvP has in sto has four types of problemsm. Mostly they are all bugs, balance, cheese, or grind. In an environment where new content is either not being added or added at extremly slow rates it is easier to fix all four of those types of problems. Only things i would like to see added are STFs and not even the stf gear.
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2015
    damn its not working for me after the 3.2 gb download
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3147wz/star_trek_online_rebirth_is_the_real_dealios_guys/cpya8qv

Start up the launcher like normal.
    At the top click on Options.
    Scroll down to the command line at the bottom.

Add:
    -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Then patch Redshirt.

Remove -patchserver patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com from the command line to patch Holodeck tomorrow.

i did that downloaded the thing and it was not working and now i deleted the command and i have to download again 3.2 gb