test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Iconic Ship Stats

Comments

• sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they gave LtC sci to the Andromeda then it just would have been the guardian with command spec instead of intel. Also weren't people saying the Guardian was the galaxy T6? Or is it because Cryptic is allowing the galaxy model on THIS T6?:rolleyes:

Guess this means either another line of ships gets the pilot spec or the defiant, BoP and mogai do.
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    I know it's the STO forum, but....

Once again, I sincerely thank you Cryptic for finally giving us a good Galaxy Class to enjoy!!! :D And now, for the first time since season 8, my wallet has opened again. Keep doing the right things and we'll all help STO thrive.

Well yeah, i guess it's good for a galaxy, but given how unfortunately DPS centric the game is there are way better cruisers still.
  • doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When are these being released!:confused:
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like that the Andromeda harks back to one of the designs at the end of the TNG Technical Manual.
    Guess this means either another line of ships gets the pilot spec or the defiant, BoP and mogai do.
    The Defiant already has new pieces in the Ship Designer.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So they are setting the precedence that t6 do not have the trait. You have to C store buy the ship top get the trait. Can't use 5/6/7 fleet modules. not happy

but thats pretty much always been the standard for the 'extras' you always needed to buy the cstore version for the console or the pets, why should it be different for a trait? fleet versions have always been a simple increase in stats and console.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    variant37 wrote: »
    The D'Deridex has always had a Lt. Cmdr Science slot.

Correct, the T6 version maintains the Cmdr ENG, LtCdr SCI & TAC stations as it did in the T5 D'D.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So basically, level the C-Store ship to gain the starship trait, then grab the fleet version to use.

What about fleet versions of the first ships that launched with Delta Rising?
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was....but no, Ill pass. Once again the new Galaxy ship is an under preforming ship with nothing to offer.. April Fools.

Next time Cryptic can we get a universal boff slot.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, KDF get screwed hard once again, no surprise there...been happening for over 5 years now. We now have 5 T6 battle cruisers and one raptor to choose from. If you happened to be kdf and grabbed an orb weaver prior to about a month ago, you've been screwed with no sensor analysis for close to 6 months now, and no fix in sight and no comments from the devs on that since the fix was implemented for new purchasers. Why should the KDF get a set bonus on the lovely new Negh'var when the devs never bothered to give the kdf any shinies in the past to make into a set, must be the players' fault for having the gall to not play federation characters even though all the shinies go to the feds, even the ones that started out as kdf only...

Yeah, i'll be holding off on buying a new ship yet again.
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do have one question concerning this, though. Will buying the Fleet version of the Andromeda/D’Khellra/Negh’Tev come with the new 2410 skins, or will those be locked behind the purchase of the C-Store versions of the ships?

I'm not one for the trait or console, and so will probably end up just getting the Fleet versions for the stats.
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anyone else wondering where the Negh’Tev Cloak and D’Khellra Battle Cloak went? :confused:
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They look nice, but somehow I am not inspired. Their stats look good to me, their bridge seating looks okay except that I would rather have intel abilities than command abilities.

Nice work, but they just don't stand out to me. I would rather keep using my tac oddy, charal, and chel grett T5Us.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    So basically, level the C-Store ship to gain the starship trait, then grab the fleet version to use.

once you have the trait you have the trait. but it will be interesting to see if you have to fully level the fleet version to access the other 4 ship abilities.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xangen wrote: »
    Is anyone else wondering where the Negh’Tev Cloak and D’Khellra Battle Cloak went? :confused:

I think they eloped with the 11th console slot.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm thinking of getting the Andromeda, my only niggle is that if I wanted the saucer sep too because I got the Venture skin I can't get the Galaxy bundle. So 3k Zen for the T6, 2.5k for the Gal-R plus 500 for module so 6k zen for one ship. Crazy money.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    olessius wrote: »
    Happy as I was about this release, I do find these stats to be pretty underwhelming. I'd LOVE to fly a Negh'Var instead of a command BC, but at the same time, I'd need something better than this.

I agree. LOVE the Negh'Tev costume, but if you already own the KDF CBC there's no compelling reason to trade it in for this.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »

If you're talking of the Intel ships along with the initial DR release ships, that's probably what's going to happen. By tradition, special aspects of a ship were always with the C-Store version of the ship. The Fleet version was just the ship improvement. But special weapons, consoles, etc. always stayed with the C-Store ship.

The Command FDCs are already Fleet T6 equivalent.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uhh, there's quite a few mistakes in the stats... or oversights in the game if the stats are accurate:

- D'Deridex should be able to equip dual (heavy) cannons.
    - D'Deridex should have Battlecloak.
    - D'Deridex should have a tur rate of 5.5, not 5.
    - Negh'var should have Cloak.

However the stats seem nice. Pretty much everyone got the Lt.Comm. Tac they wished for (the Big D had it before already). And the rest is as expected, some Command spec and basically T5-U stats (with some rounding on the Galaxy).

EDIT: Oh, and it's nice inertia gets renamed to a bit more sensible traction/friction. As the bigger slower ships get a lower value, 'inertia' was rather counter-intuitive.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I see no reason for people to complain. They handed people a damn Galaxy super tank with enough DPS to throw at everything.
    Right !
    It's everything we were asking for a few months ago, plus the model got a rework and an awesome new skin. :D
    The galaxy's no joke anymore. ;)

I'm always happy with the release of more faction ships instead of alien lock box ships tbh.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• olessiusolessius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    worgaus wrote: »
    I think they eloped with the 11th console slot.

Base T6 ships only get 10 console slots. 11 slots is for Fleet ships, and the Fleet versions of these ships all get 11 console slots.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, well:
    "With a total of 42 decks, the USS Enterprise-D was twice the length and had eight times the interior space of the Constitution-class ships of over a century earlier; she carried a combined crew and passenger load of 1012"

lol that quote. try around 24 times, not 8
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm curious about the turn rate bonus for the 2 pc sets. Should I assume that they make the Fed and Rom ships more equal to the turn rate on the Negh'Tev? Are they on par with the similar set bonuses for the Galaxy X set? I remember reading it made a noticeable difference.

I know they're not going to turn well. I just wanna make sure they turn. :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm curious about the turn rate bonus for the 2 pc sets. Should I assume that they make the Fed and Rom ships more equal to the turn rate on the Negh'Tev? Are they on par with the similar set bonuses for the Galaxy X set? I remember reading it made a noticeable difference.

I know they're not going to turn well. I just wanna make sure they turn. :D

The Andromeda will just turn fine without the annoying saucer section. ;)
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meeeh, so KDF version got halfassed, again, really expected to have an 'equal' release here like on the command battle-cruisers, but... no cookies for you Cryptic, actually... there, have some half dead Gagh, it's still moving and it's a bargain '3000Z'!
  • dunkelhelldunkelhell Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    I know it's the STO forum, but....

Are people really b****ing over this?!? :confused: Really??? :confused:

We've practically begged for this for 3 years! There are like 15k posts debating the Galaxy Class and giving ideas across several threads!!!
    Get your facts straight folks,

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF CRYPTIC DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!

Everyone should be happy about a iconic hero ship getting the treatment it deserves, regardless if you like it or not, if you're buying it or not.

Once again, I sincerely thank you Cryptic for finally giving us a good Galaxy Class to enjoy!!! :D And now, for the first time since season 8, my wallet has opened again. Keep doing the right things and we'll all help STO thrive.

^^Totally this!

Also the KDF got finally some more LOVE. The mighty and long promised Negh'var Refit but that's not all they not just released a Negh but also 2 new Skins and a reskin of the old Negh'Var. That's truly awesome! I very much appreciate the new course the Dev teams has taken. :)
  • joannedjoanned Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am disappointed with these stats. The Galaxy is basically the Guardian with a slower turn rate. all of these ships are inferior to the command battlecruisers due to console slots, hull and turn rate for most part.
    It comes down to do you want to fly iconic ship enough to pay. If you have the Guardian or command cruisers then its not worth it, if you don't then this might be ideal pack.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Sorry guys, but after looking over the specifications for the Andromeda class, well all of them really, I wont be splashing the zen to purchase any of them. You had the opportunity to do something spectacular here. But I'm sorry to say you've missed the mark once again. After looking them over some parts do hold a certain attraction and would look nice on my ships, but I'll stick with my trusty T5-U Odyssey.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When are these being released!:confused:

Tomorrow

qziqza wrote: »
    but thats pretty much always been the standard for the 'extras' you always needed to buy the cstore version for the console or the pets, why should it be different for a trait? fleet versions have always been a simple increase in stats and console.

Because with the console you just move it over it doesnt force you to fly the non-fleet ship for a while first ?
    xablis wrote: »
    So, KDF get screwed hard once again, no surprise there...been happening for over 5 years now. We now have 5 T6 battle cruisers and one raptor to choose from. If you happened to be kdf and grabbed an orb weaver prior to about a month ago, you've been screwed with no sensor analysis for close to 6 months now, and no fix in sight and no comments from the devs on that since the fix was implemented for new purchasers. Why should the KDF get a set bonus on the lovely new Negh'var when the devs never bothered to give the kdf any shinies in the past to make into a set, must be the players' fault for having the gall to not play federation characters even though all the shinies go to the feds, even the ones that started out as kdf only...

Yeah, i'll be holding off on buying a new ship yet again.

And the KDF ship was the only one I was actually considering.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A measly 3 tactical consoles? It should be at least 4, if not 5. Certainly nothing there that would persuade me to switch from what I'm currently flying...
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I'd forget the mandatory:

Trendy, why aren't all dev blog pics hi-res?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!