test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    IDK if this has been mentioned already, but if you have set "visual fx quality" to "low" you cannot see the gas in the labyrinth room.
    Setting the "visual fx quality" to "high" makes the gas visible.

This costed me dozends of lives, lol.
    Maybe this can help some ppl.
    Many Yreodreds died to bring us this information.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One negative comment, my rrw characters would not treat sela that well, especially after the brainwashing. By the same token, my kdf and rrw characters dont give a rats TRIBBLE about the prime directive as implied on Kobali.:rolleyes:
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh can't get thru the wall to finish this episode rofl.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The mission itself outside of a couple issues was pretty decent. A couple what the hell just happened moments was well done. The only regret I have is I played this FE right before doing the Taris mission in the Rom arc.
  • marinesrule1983marinesrule1983 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a player that I tried doing this with that was level 10, it was grayed out. So I ranked him up to 15, still grayed out. Any plans on fixing that STO?
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a player that I tried doing this with that was level 10, it was grayed out. So I ranked him up to 15, still grayed out. Any plans on fixing that STO?

I believe the mission is only for endgame level characters
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »

Did it on a level 29 last night. Now if that was intended or not is the issue. I beleive when featured episodes first come out level 10s can do it and they phase it in to be 60 later.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »

Featured Episodes all have a minimum level of 10.

Once it's over they get boosted back to the appropriate level.

That said... my Rom who is L25 can not do this...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

Have you played through the Romulan Story Arc? Perhaps that's the issue?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    It sure sounds like it. For I second I thought Kira Carsen was traveling with me, and got confused which sci-fi MMO I was playing.

If only she said when she turned on you "Suck lightsaber jerk!" (but we all know Guss Tano is the best companion in that game)

Back on track I do think it is her, or Zero did a really good job sounding like her.:confused:
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »

Have you played through the Romulan Story Arc? Perhaps that's the issue?

It doesn't require the Romulan Arc on KDF at least, and can be completed by a L10, it maybe just one of those weird Romulan leveling issues.

This is the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor Mk IV for those curious.
    The free upgrades to MkXII will make it my go to armor when Delta Recruitment starts next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Played it through twice, once before and once after the fix. It's the kind of content that keeps players happy. A good story, an unexpected plot twist (LCDR VanZyl!), and it moves the story along.

Thanks.
  • scoobybluesscoobyblues Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I liked the mission. It was easier to run through the second time than the last one with Harry Kim so thanks for that.
    One thing visually I was very happy about was simply the view screen in Sela's ship! The way the stars were moving and when I ran around the room the view changed! the depth was great the motion was refreshing. Then very quickly at the cut scene I saw my ship on screen flying lead! On second play I was in a different ship and it was also on screen for a moment anyway. Cool, thanks!
    All the visuals were good. This was a good looking mission.
    Keep up the good work fellas!
  • arminplugin1978arminplugin1978 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Today i make this Mission with 2 other Fleet Members, but only 1 from us fhinishing this Mission, the both other muss do the last Part again and only 1 from the both get it.

You can start the mission with 5 Peoples, but only 1 can finish it. :(
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A much more fun adventure then Dust to Dust, with it's annoying retreating floor. :P

Was some bugs though, in some rooms (like the gate room on the ship) Sila will refuse to talk to us if we kill enemies in room before entering.

You should really stop using entering room as event, use killed enemies instead. :rolleyes:

The mission is so far not repeatable for any of my alts.... and I really hope this changes before next reward comes up. :P

Edited: Have tried on a few more alts and not repeatable on any of them.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Today i make this Mission with 2 other Fleet Members, but only 1 from us fhinishing this Mission, the both other muss do the last Part again and only 1 from the both get it.

You can start the mission with 5 Peoples, but only 1 can finish it. :(
    Hunh? I did it as a team yesterday and had no issues.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • einheryar44einheryar44 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is with the plasma repeater pistol having random mods on it and you can only reset those mods by playing through the mission again? That's something that ought to be changed....

First run through had the pistol have [crtD] [Run] which I thought was fairly cool and possibly useful, now it's stuck on my main with [Dot3] [dmg] lol ... guess I'll wait for the shield/kit to be released and see if I get better RNG later unless they fix this.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hunh? I did it as a team yesterday and had no issues.

I had issues with teaming with a friend. When heading down to the Engine Room, I got stuck on the main deck and wasn't able to take the TurboLift down after my teammate did. After both of us beamed out and back in, we both got down to Engineering but when selecting the right BO's for the accolade, neither of us could send either one of our Sci's in our Away Team to do the Science task.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • landorcanlandorcan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the tech upgrade dropped before they fixed the bug but any other char on account did not receive it. Pls tell me its not a 1 per account deal .
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    landorcan wrote: »
    the tech upgrade dropped before they fixed the bug but any other char on account did not receive it. Pls tell me its not a 1 per account deal .

The Dev blog did say it was a once per account reward.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • landorcanlandorcan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Dev blog did say it was a once per account reward.

Noticed that after looking close but this makes no scense, Since this means the 3 new delta recruits I plan only one will get full upgraded set. Once per char makes in my opinion is more acceptable with the recruit program incouraging new chars.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really enjoyed this mission. Lots of nice little touches like having your away team members talking as you go along and giving career specific task. The death maze wasn't that hard you got the timing down. My only complaint is that there was no option to slap the smugness out of Sela at some point.
    Other than that, it was really fun.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    galatt wrote: »
    My only complaint is that there was no option to slap the smugness out of Sela at some point.
    If you talk to her near the Nopada gate instead of going after the console like the mission objectives tell you, you can point out she doesn't help her case by lying, silencing dissidents, etc, but she'll still counter you with her own (somewhat valid) arguments.

Also, you can suggest her to go through the collimator room. Too bad she just whines about that and you can't insist.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    landorcan wrote: »
    Noticed that after looking close but this makes no scense, Since this means the 3 new delta recruits I plan only one will get full upgraded set. Once per char makes in my opinion is more acceptable with the recruit program incouraging new chars.

If I had to guess I'd say the reason it's once per account is because it's an account bound item, and as sad as it may seem there are people out there who would farm alts through the missions to gain more of them to use solely on one toon thus gaining a potentially endless supply of free upgrades.

Though personally I would have preferred a character bound item which could be claimed once per character. But then, there are numerous things in the game which we wont be able to get on the new Delta Recruits. For example, the AP torpedo which was just given away by the Crystalline event. I really like that torp for my AP science build, but my new toons will never be able to get it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    galatt wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this mission. Lots of nice little touches like having your away team members talking as you go along and giving career specific task. The death maze wasn't that hard you got the timing down. My only complaint is that there was no option to slap the smugness out of Sela at some point.
    Other than that, it was really fun.
    Also, the giant lasers aren't instant death beams. If you just barely touch it, it does damage but won't KO you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • francisakirkfrancisakirk Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice mission but server knock outs numerous...No que to disarm spatical bombs..Repawned at least ten times...Gave up...

ethanADAMS
    Francis A. Kirk
    Captain "USS Growler"
    <Click here>Federation Fleet
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Question.... will this episode become permanent (like Dust to Dust) or disappear a week after the last reward unlocks? Or something else?

Storyline missions never disappear.

However, they might be re-vamped in a few years and have 15-episode storyline condensed into a 4-episode storyline meaning a ton of XP is removed from the game...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/