edited March 2015
    Setting Plasma to 'burn'

Setting Tribbles to 'coo'
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Entirely predictable.

Looks like High Admiral D'trel is getting that kill order after all...
    "First? I just got a priority hail from Temer City; it's the Proconsul."

"Ferenginar," swore First Omek'ti'kallan. "Bridge to Daysnur. Second, cut the therapy session short, we need the Admiral on the Bridge. Third, send it to my PDA."

"Yessir."

The Jem'Hadar read the message quickly. And cursed again.

"By the Criminal One's accursed latinum...Get every ship in the fleet on the comm, NOW. Notify the Federation and the Klingons as well; Sela has escaped prison, and High Admiral D'trel just got the kill order."

"Should I use the red line to Praetor Velal, sir?"

"Yes. He wants the treacherous Ferengi spawn as much as we do."

The turbolift dinged, and D'trel walked out, sword drawn and eyes smoldering with rage.

First Omek'ti'kallan's mouth tightened in what an experienced observer would recognize as a grim smile.

Yeah. This is going to be a fun mission.

More importantly, though, the Republic is jaw-droppingly incompetent here. Guess they're still desperate for warm bodies...
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    Gaius eh? How interesting.

I hope his vivisection will satisfy my main character.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am going to laugh when we all find out she's the good "guy" after all, there's always a bigger fish.

And on a somewhat related note, are we ever going to get actual details about this delta recruit thing? It goes live in just 7 standard work days, and stories are one thing to get hype up and going, but hard visuals of goodies does make the anticipation even greater.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is what you get for not using the electrified nipple clamps! :mad:
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ahhh damn. That's really unfortunate. Ehh, I hope they just change the voice actor and not kill off the character. Good find on that though.

Same here, Gaius is a decent character.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, well, well.

I didn't quite place Gaius' name at first but now that I do I find it very interesting. So Sela elegantly escaped her upcoming sham and mockery of a trial by having Imperialists within her guard and a spy aboard the Flagship-the Romulan equivalent of the Enterprise.

I'm both pleased and impressed. Starfleet would have done better. We held Taris for quite awhile until it needed Iconians to free her. Sela just did it with a few well placed mortal Romulan allies.

After the stunt the RR pulled with the Jenolan sphere I'm pleased to see Jarok and the RR's incompetency being shown.
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seriously, how did they not think she would do something like this with the PADD?

How could anyone allow her to even have one, let alone bring it out of her cell?

Idiots running the prison over there, clearly.
  • Options
    sgtkokkensgtkokken Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sigh.... yes, so predictable... and when it all come to an end, we prolly wont get the satisfaction of killing her!!!! (and slamek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cecil08 wrote: »
    Seriously, how did they not think she would do something like this with the PADD?

How could anyone allow her to even have one, let alone bring it out of her cell?

Idiots running the prison over there, clearly.

Starting to think it may have been part of a plan.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Who forgot to debug Gaius? Whose job was that? *sigh* Last time he got a virus he was singing show tunes for a week...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    Who forgot to debug Gaius? Whose job was that? *sigh* Last time he got a virus he was singing show tunes for a week...

I blame that recent iTunes upgrade. My LibBorg toon has been singing '9 to 5' on loop since it downloaded, and Apple ran off with all my EC. :(
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    Starting to think it may have been part of a plan.

These Imperialists may have been place and known to Sela before permitting herself to be captured? To ascertain directly just what the state of the Republic really is?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quite possible. I like him, but I'll shoot him in the face if I have to.

The other thought that came to me is, what if Sela didn't actually escape? Maybe there was some need for her but the Republic couldn't risk outright using her due to the outrage it would cause. This could all be a setup and Gaius is just following orders. It would be very...Romulan.

I like this, that'd be a nice little maneuver to be able to pull off. I hope it's some other Gaius but the Llieset being involved sort of limits that. Or something pre-programed by the Tal Shiar hit him.

Background checks are always tricky for the Republic because everyone's answer for 'Did you work for the enemy of all we stand for' is basically 'Yes, until recently'.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    psiameese wrote: »
    These Imperialists may have been place and known to Sela before permitting herself to be captured? To ascertain directly just what the state of the Republic really is?

Possibility is she may also hold an ace-card of sorts against the Iconians and had to be "liberated" by Intel.

She may have designs on ruling an empire, but an empire of ashes and bones has no one to serve her. And if the galaxy falls, that is exactly what she has.

Could be a buildup to the heroic sacrifice/good ending for Sela/Tasha that was denied in TNG.

I don't consider the events of Yesterday's Enterprise a "good ending." It was slightly better than being zapped by a cheesy special effect yes... Yar spent months/years in a prison being ***** and Sela was the result (more or less) then she ends up executed for trying to escape.

Maybe this time...
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Quite possible. I like him, but I'll shoot him in the face if I have to.

The other thought that came to me is, what if Sela didn't actually escape? Maybe there was some need for her but the Republic couldn't risk outright using her due to the outrage it would cause. This could all be a setup and Gaius is just following orders. It would be very...Romulan.

I sure hope this was written as a clever ploy by the Republic to use Sela in order to battle the Iconians, and not just another cliche case of incompetence by the good guys for the sake of plot. Gaius double crossing the Republic, then triple crossing Sela would be one heck of a delightful twist.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Typical bias against the losing side.

Sela has done nothing D'Tan is not celebrated for.
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    After googling 'Gaius Selan' I came across this message of Selan's voice actor Gabriel Wolf https://www.facebook.com/GabrielWolfVO/posts/771946492874737

I just hope they won't kill off Selan in the new episode :(

So in other words there's a union behind this. Now ask STO what players are paying for. To prop up unions would be my guess. They do tend to cost extra. Just ask any taxpayer or see for yourself when you go to the grocery store.

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,369 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gaius eh? How interesting.

I wonder if this was scenario 371 or 287.
    Still to have the first officer on board of the RR flagship rescue Sela..

At least now we can shoot to kill.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder what he was thinking. Maybe we'll get a cutscene of Commander Jarok splitting his skull open to find out...:cool:
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What if this is all a trick? Sela wasn't being very cooperative during her interrogation and they honestly should have known she would try something like this anyway. They could have set it up so that she would "escape" and then what she does next could tell them what they want to know. She probably wouldn't fall for a holodeck, so they'd have to let her think she's escaping for real. But instead of running away with Imperial loyalists, she's actually still in the hands of the Republic.

I would love to see the look on her face when she found out, especially from the Republic's point of view because this could be payback for everything she did to the player in "Mind Games".
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's a problem.

Looks like that Lieutenant Seken that was chatting up Sela from the last blog was a problem after all.

But dauym... Gaius Selan? Oh that is so many levels of not good. Jarok is not going to be a happy camper.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Captain, we're sending you an emergency report we just received from Mol'Rihan. It's regarding the 'prisoner' Sela. There has been an incident that requires your attention.

Please exercise the utmost discretion regarding this incident.

~LaughingTrendy

Its been an hour, and the blog suggests we'd have more info by now, but no new blog! What gives! And don't go editing the blog this time either! -grabs torch and pitchfork-

JK :) Can't wait to see how this turns out, and hopefully you don't get and legit complaints like what I just typed, lol.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good to know that Sela escaped... However, this should have been a feature episode instead of a blog post. I wonder how her escape is going to be communicated ingame. Not everybody reads those blogs...
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What if this is all a trick? Sela wasn't being very cooperative during her interrogation and they honestly should have known she would try something like this anyway. They could have set it up so that she would "escape" and then what she does next could tell them what they want to know. She probably wouldn't fall for a holodeck, so they'd have to let her think she's escaping for real. But instead of running away with Imperial loyalists, she's actually still in the hands of the Republic.

I would love to see the look on her face when she found out, especially from the Republic's point of view because this could be payback for everything she did to the player in "Mind Games".

It wouldn't be surprising is Sela was a plant. I would put it at 50-50 either way. Sela being captured to begin with feels a little bit too convenient.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lieutenant Gaius Selan

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Gaius_Selan

Lieutenant Gaius Selan is the Liberated Borg Romulan Security and Intelligence Officer aboard the Romulan Republic flagship, the R.R.W. Lleiset.

Lt. Selan is grateful to the Republic for liberating him from the Collective and treating him with respect, which is more than what a former employer, the Tal Shiar, has done for him. There, he was tasked with retrieving Borg technology until he was assimilated into the Collective during a botched mission. He was later liberated from the Collective by a Romulan Republic vessel and is slowly reintegrating himself into non-Collective life in the Republic.
    ARBITER KELLEK: She smiled and said "that won't be necessary." Then she touched her PADD, and I heard her say "Gaius, I'm ready." Then she was just … gone.

By LaughingTrendy Tue 24 Mar 2015 12:00:00 PM PDT

I was able to find this information that is available for anyone to look in to themselves, if you wish.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If gaius is involved then this could be interesting? !
    Was a bit shocked when his name was mentioned, gaius is awesome ( just hope this is all an elaborate plan, don't want gaius to be a " bad" guy ).
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOL the Romulan Republic is truly as incompetent as the STO version of the Tal Shiar that they hate so much :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    I blame that recent iTunes upgrade. My LibBorg toon has been singing '9 to 5' on loop since it downloaded, and Apple ran off with all my EC. :(

The Borgershop Quartet isn't going to fly, I think. Though say what you want about the Borg, they can harmonize like nobody's business.
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It appears that the one concern regarding Sela has come to fruition. She still represents a threat and her quick recapture is an imperative. Sela is one individual that I would never have allowed her access to a PADD no mater what safety precautions had been taken. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving her an old fashion paperback book!

Of the questions that remain now, where is she and how do we recapture her? What are her plans? Who is involved with her escape? Ultimately, how many will die in the effort to recapture her? The task at hand appears ominous for one reason. It is.

Duty calls.