• Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if Bort is still around
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Smirk was the worst CM we ever had - and that is going all the way back to Wishstone who would ban people at the drop of a hat. The man just did not do his job properly. I cannot even count all the times I have had to go to other Cryptic game forums to get information that Smirk should have gotten to us here.

I have nothing against the man personally, and I am certain he is a wonderful, fun, person to hang with, but as a CM he just did not cut it, IMO. You need to be more then friendly and nice to do your job properly. You might think your surgeon is the nicest person in the world but if every patient he/she ever operated on died you would be rethinking him doing your surgery.

I wish him well in his future endeavors but I am not sorry to see him go.

I have to agree with Cosmic here...for those who have been around a "while"...no long lost here.
    This guy was a typical "politically correct" kind of guy...great people skills on the outside but horrible doing the job of CM. Too quick to push the "ban" buttons and call out people while leaving "others" untouched. To me seems very unfair in what he did and was a turned off for many "old" players who left already due to his quick impulses. Some were deserved but most weren't.

I know this post will be closed sooner or later but I don't have any sympathy except for him just being another human being and respect that much. I don't AGREE with his quick impulses nor with the manner he ignored most of the playerbase when they made "good" points...enough said.

I still have pending tickets not being followed up by him but hope the new CMs will be a good change for STO.

... who needs to play the game for entertainment, the blogs and resulting forum storms are far more entertaining and free! Free 2 Laugh!
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder why people are shocked by this.

DR launched, doom, EP bailed out before stuff hit the fan, people got fired for low revenues. Guarantee NWN is in the same boat, they are following the exact same unsustainable development cycle.

Cryptic isn't bringing nearly enough to support their staff compared to before, this could only be round one. Besides, the CMs during DR did a particularly bad job smoothing the DR launch out, if I had a CM working for me and that went on, they'd have been fired long ago.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Well, there's really no development going on for CO, so that leaves STO and Neverwinter and the "secret" projects. Since the reports are that the secret stuff was unaffected, that leaves STO. Just speculation of course.
    given that there are no confirmable numbers at all? yeah....

hard to say what really happened.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if Bort is still around

You could ask frost but he cant reproduce the layoffs internally so any missing staff is just a display issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You could ask frost but he cant reproduce the layoffs internally so any missing staff is just a display issue

well i hope at least he survived with all his mmo knowledge it would truly be a sad day for sto in fact give him the chair
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well i hope at least he survived with all his mmo knowledge it would truly be a sad day for sto in fact give him the chair

Well, Bort's name is signed to today's dev blog on the pilot specialization. And we have a post from crypticfrost today. We ALSO have a post from Tacofangs today. We know that much, at least.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate it when I see ppl guessing about what's going on, and then other people telling us their so called "facts". Just STFU.

Cryptic layoffs alone totaled 18 people

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd be super, super sad if Taco weren't around anymore. :(

Yeah, but since he is actively posting, I don't think we have a concern there.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    that's life; i lost my job too and i don't cry
  • Options
    ryukusanagi21ryukusanagi21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it would be nice if we could get *some* information outside of rumors as to what is going on, preferably from Mr Emmert or Ricossa. By NOT saying anything, people automatically assume the worst, hence the rumors.

It could be as simple as a restructuring, or it could be signs that PWE/Cryptic is beginning to show some serious financial troubles.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hoping this might change the direction of the game or it could be a wake up call

this is where people say it has nothing to do with sto's profits...
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hoping this might change the direction of the game or it could be a wake up call

Oh but, I am sure it does, as the florida based company Chico's a rooomie of mine works for, had a huge layoff, due to low retail sales for the year and, didn't get the larger company merger deal/buyout like they had hoped.

I believe their layoff, was some 100+ people company wide!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015

No, this is where folks say there were already four or more threads on it before this one...
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it would be nice if we could get *some* information outside of rumors as to what is going on, preferably from Mr Emmert or Ricossa. By NOT saying anything, people automatically assume the worst, hence the rumors.

It could be as simple as a restructuring, or it could be signs that PWE/Cryptic is beginning to show some serious financial troubles.

you're NOT going to see a Company formally/publically announce who got laid off as that's a private matter between the company and the employee(s) involved. That doesn't mean the now former employees can't talk about what happened (unless they signed an agreement stating they wouldn't disclose anything publically for a given period of time.)

It's honestly none of our business who was laid off. If those so affected want to (and can legally) disclose what happened with regard to their employment status with Cryptic, they will.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Nah, this is where they double down. Expect LTS sales, Iconian and Borg Lobi/Lockbox/Promo ships, new level 20 crafting OP gear, 7 more specializations, FT6 - U - Epic - Platinum ships... then they'll raise the level cap at the end of the year.

More nerfs, more treadmill. What else could you possibly expect?
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel very indifferent about Smirk. But still everything is awesome!!!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It would be a great thing for them if it woke them up and took the game where it needs to go lol.

Although they haven't understood we want fun to play stuff and not a never ending grind.

Edit: Yeah more gear treadmill by end of the year we will have 70 levels to be a max level too lol. It is funny though gw2's upcoming expansion is all fun content and no gear treadmill and no level cap increase lol.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Smirk lost his gold tags and is no longer in the dev tracker.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is funny though gw2's upcoming expansion is all fun content and no gear treadmill and no level cap increase lol.
    From what I've read of it, it's still vertical progression and tantamount to a level cap increase.

Until their second expansion, that is. Then, it either is solidified as vertical progression and effectively a level cap increase, or it becomes horizontal progression and totally irrelevant.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    that's life; i lost my job too and i don't cry

lots of moms and lots of basements on these forums lol :D
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's was PWE company wide.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I doubt they would raise the level cap again so soon. People are already up in arms about the whole T5-U debacle, now you want to make T6 obsolete already?

just t6u ... :D
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would be a great thing for them if it woke them up and took the game where it needs to go lol.

Although they haven't understood we want fun to play stuff and not a never ending grind.

Edit: Yeah more gear treadmill by end of the year we will have 70 levels to be a max level too lol. It is funny though gw2's upcoming expansion is all fun content and no gear treadmill and no level cap increase lol.

I don't like to speak ill of the fired but Positron (Miller) had a part in adding the Incarnate grind and raids and the punitive small team/solo "reward" rates in Dark Astoria to the otherwise alt-friendly CoH.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I doubt they would raise the level cap again so soon. People are already up in arms about the whole T5-U debacle, now you want to make T6 obsolete already?

Perfect time to upgrade to T7...

If the rage is already going on, it can't get much worse, right?

Cryptics way of thinking after all.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That 4th active thread on the same topic was the tipping point. All three discussions in General are now merged.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    From what I've read of it, it's still vertical progression and tantamount to a level cap increase.

Until their second expansion, that is. Then, it either is solidified as vertical progression and effectively a level cap increase, or it becomes horizontal progression and totally irrelevant.

Ummmmm not sure what you read but the CEO actually explained it at one of their PAX's they went to with it. It's not a level cap or gear grind what it is they already had a specialization system of their own in mind where it works like their world pvp system. You gain rank by account and not per character so what happens is when you go to the expansion area you are adding a 2nd class to any given character you choose. Which there are enough consumables designed around it where you don't have to grind anything.

So the big difference that made me turn away from STO to Gw2 is that I am playing for fun and not a treadmill grind which that is all STO has been and sounds like they don't plan to deviate from it even if there is no one left playing sto lol. So you'll see more layoffs as the horrible decision making at cryptic continues.
This discussion has been closed.