test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Join the Delta Recruitment!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The recruiting efforts by Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic are ramping up. As the threat of an Iconian war looms over the galaxy, there is great anticipation to see all the new officers captaining starships for these three factions.

Learn more about what we have in store for our new recruits!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why do I get the feeling crewman Daniels could be the future officer.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Nothing really new in that post, but whatevs...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To War! To Glory! To Honor! TO VICTORY!!!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To War! To Glory! To Honor! TO VICTORY!!!

To the treadmill!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is it that they say? "You talk a lot but you're not really saying anything."

Seems to be the vibes I'm getting. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

I'm waiting for the event to start :P
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    To the grinder!

I'll make a fed engineer just for the heck of it, and feed him weapons from R&D in my other toons. Then FAW my way up to level 50 quickly.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So....we should not have our new toon join a fleet until Level 30? Or will that particular task be auto-completed at Level 30?

Looking forward to this, just trying to get all my ducks in a row before Delta Recruitment begins.
  • Options
    sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can my KDF character finally wield the iconic Mek'leth onto the battlefield?!?! *still holding out hope after all these years!*
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would still prefer to give more love to the character I already play & love, than start a new one... so unless this gives something for the whole account, which would make me think 'OMK (=oh my Kahless :D) I WANT this', I think I'm going to pass. <.< >.>
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It looks to be what I assumed. No new content for recruits as such, just extra mission goals in the content we already have - just explore the maps and find these mysterious puzzle pieces.

I like the idea of rewarding recruits who join fleets though.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It looks to be what I assumed. No new content for recruits as such, just extra mission goals in the content we already have - just explore the maps and find these mysterious puzzle pieces.

But isn't that what some players have been asking for...more of those little things like that?

I just hope new players don't get lost during the Delta Recruitment drive. ;)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rofl

There is too much grind already where I haven't even gotten over the frustration of 20+ characters being under level now lol. Why would I bother trying to level up another one?

Yeah also being that bops are underpowered due to the ever sell out power creep and things like mek'leth and such aren't even in the game for Klingons so ummm yeah trying to advertise stuff that is substandard and want to use this DR stuff to further TRIBBLE off people who may be wanting to try out the KDF lol. One big reason not many play the KDF or romulans is the fact non-federation factions are never really developing.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Would you like to know more?

~LaughingTrendy

Yeah, I would like to know more. Details man, er, woman.

DETAILS!

:D
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Glad they confirmed that the rewards stop at Lvl 50, so we don't have to worry about the 50-60 grind.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hah, I like that if you hover your mouse over the poster it translates into Klingon.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yay... More things requiring fleets.

Just think if fleets were something you wanted to be in instead of had to be in.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »

Just here to echo this statement...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would still prefer to give more love to the character I already play & love, than start a new one... so unless this gives something for the whole account, which would make me think 'OMK (=oh my Kahless :D) I WANT this', I think I'm going to pass. <.< >.>

Exactly the boat I'm in. They've spent so long making alts harder to play and less desirable, the 'special rewards' had better be magnificent to even get me to look twice.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it just me or does that poster look kind of BSG'ish :D
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have already 8 alts i only use with some events (for dilitium) the other time they collect dust.
    I still use 6 characters (all level 60) and i will make a new romulan tactical, but don't see me making this my main (spend already so much ec and dilitium on those other 6 with upgrading)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »

Where had they told us about the level 10, 20, 30, 40, & 50 boosts (er, not that they told us about them here)...where had they told us about the R&D L1 and L5 boosts (er, not that they told us about them here)...where had they told us about joining a fleet at L30 and that boost (er, not that they told us about that here)...? ;)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not really all that much information, just teasers. I guess that's necessary to build up hype.
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Hah, I like that if you hover your mouse over the poster it translates into Klingon.
    Good catch.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So they can't join a fleet until level 30? It said they get a task of joining a fleet at level 30.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Exactly the boat I'm in. They've spent so long making alts harder to play and less desirable, the 'special rewards' had better be magnificent to even get me to look twice.

Me too. Account-wide awards please... and/or improvements to the otherwise glacial and imbalanced progression scheme (Preferably "and" ;)).

Oh, and the "new" part folks are looking for was that you also get rewards for joining a Fleet. That bit wasn't in the first post. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »

To me I prefer they make content that is playable on all my toons. They been really cheap in this area and compared to others when you look at it from a fresh content perspective they are far behind other MMOs.

To me cryptic got their priorities in the wrong place when it comes to making content or the wrong definition of content a lot of the time. A map with nothing to do or a new ship to buy (where they seem to spend far to long tweaking it and time better spend on making other content) is not what I call content but they do.

I know people been asking for new things to do but making people regrind tired out old content is not the best way to do things.

I am aware that a lot of people might jump on this to defend the game cause is the only star trek game but meh. I'm just awaiting the day (which be a long time) to see an STO 2 with a better developer behind who has their priorities straight when it comes to having what is defined by a lot as content.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Where had they told us about the level 10, 20, 30, 40, & 50 boosts (er, not that they told us about them here)...where had they told us about the R&D L1 and L5 boosts (er, not that they told us about them here)...where had they told us about joining a fleet at L30 and that boost (er, not that they told us about that here)...? ;)

Well, how is "really new" defined?

Maybe it's like the set of uninteresting numbers - if any number can be found in that set, wouldn't it be interesting, because it was uninteresting? But maybe it's not, because in the end, it'S just an uninteresting number. Say, 34012. What's interesting about it? [/off-track]

Well, if I was trying to find something that could be described "really new", I think an explicit description of the rewards or the type of clues to be found would be interesting. "If you reach the goal for Level 10, you get 30,000 Dilithium, and the next week has an event that you can play on any character and earns you 500 Fleet Marks, or the next week you get a C-Store account unlock for a special item X."

But we're not there yet. And in the end, what does it matter? The event will come, and we'll see what we'll get and whether it's worth it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why are you people excited to make a new toon, 1.5m xp to get to 60 at 2k per mission is 750 missions to just get to level 60 again with another 150k per spec point after that, and after you've leveled, they'll just gather dust like your other 50 toons. What a joke, how are people falling for this scam? I just dont know how to have fun playing the same thing 1000 times over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You know, with all that emphasis on "create new toons!" I start to hope that only a tiny fraction needed to really do this event shows up so Cryptic is kinda forced to include the characters we already play so it's not turning into a failure.

But then again, most people are lemmings and sheep *sigh*