test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join the Delta Recruitment!

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kbls wrote: »
    Why are you people excited to make a new toon, 1.5m xp to get to 60 at 2k per mission is 750 missions to just get to level 60 again with another 150k per spec point after that, and after you've leveled, they'll just gather dust like your other 50 toons. What a joke, how are people falling for this scam? I just dont know how to have fun playing the same thing 1000 times over again.

I'm pretty sure missions reward more xp the first time. I was also under the impression that the extreme slow leveling only started past level 50 ?
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I would still prefer to give more love to the character I already play & love, than start a new one... so unless this gives something for the whole account, which would make me think 'OMK (=oh my Kahless :D) I WANT this', I think I'm going to pass. <.< >.>

I'm think along the same lines as you on this one. At most if I created another toon for this event, chances are it would only end up being a doff mule. Guess it's a case of wait and see, but either way I'll not replace my main, too much time and resources spent getting it to where it is now.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unlock character bound items for the new delta recruits :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do wish this event had something for players who already had alts. I’ve got too many of them as is. Most still are not 60 yet. I just don’t see myself making a new toon for a rather long time. Then again this event sounds more like it’s geared towards getting new players into the game which is always a good thing anyway. Would be nice if they did something to make alting more functional along the way. Like make specialization points account wide unlocks maybe even ship traits.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So they can't join a fleet until level 30? It said they get a task of joining a fleet at level 30.

I'm hoping it means characters up to lvl 30 upon the release of delta recruits will be grand-fathered into it.
    signature.png
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hell yes I'm joining the Honor Guard.

As a Nausicaan. A dim-witted Nausicaan smuggler (and black sheep of his family) who sort of got drafted.

This is gonna be great. :cool:
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, it says what we have to do in the event. Unfortunately, that wasn't one of the major points of contention.

It still doesn't say what, if any, permanent effects remain on the Delta Recruit character.
    It still doesn't say if there are any rewards that are not account-wide or transferable, like accolades.
    It still doesn't say if this is a one-time-only event or if the Delta Recruit is going to be needed in the future.
    It still doesn't say if we actually need a Delta Recruit for each faction to accomplish everything.

I still can't tell if I'm going to have to replace my main. :(
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for DETAILS on what the prizes (particularly those that are account-wide) will be.

I've got 16 characters already. Only my main is L60, the others are between L53-56. I've got at least one of each class in each faction, mixed throughout various races, genders, ships, weapon types, playstyles, etc.

But, honestly, Delta Rising kinda killed alting for me. There's just too much grind for each character (like my Main still hasn't completed a single Specialization or even R&D to L20, yet). If it weren't for doing DOffing while participating in the CE Event, my alts probably wouldn't be at the mid-50s they're at now. :rolleyes:

I am most attached to my primary character. He's my first character that I've been playing for over 5 years. He's collected/earned most every prize, accolade, commendation, etc. He's the one I care most about advancing.

With the plethora and variety of alts I already have, I don't feel any need to make anymore. If Delta Recruitment offers benefits that will apply to my main, then I'm likely to participate.

Otherwise, I just don't know... >shrug< :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so when does this go live or did I just totally miss any real info in this? the Uncle Klingon wants you poster is very cool!
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have no problem with this event except 1.... The truth is, this game has turned into a money grabbing grind fest. So I could care less that I will have to grind again(i.e leveling) because it's just par for the course. However, this is just me, but when I make a character.. I typically already know what ship he/she will be flying at lvl 50. But let's be honest, It's T6 or nothing. I have plenty of C-store T5's that I could grind to get fleet versions of and then grind again to get it to T5-U but what's the point? There are now 3( technically 2 and a half) different types of T6 ships. Command,Intel, and specials (lobi, lockbox, event, and promo). Soon there will be fleet T6 intel ships becuase they are the only 10 console T6's in the game. I have 2 T6 Intel ships... the Faeht and the Guardian (technically isn't intel but has 10 consoles and was debuted at the same time). I fly the faeht with 2 toons and the guardian with 2 toons... so it would be redundant to fly either with a new toon. So my problem is that I won't have a ship for my "delta recruit" once I get to the 40-50 range. This, for me, is where the obvious money/grind sink is. So, for me, fingers crossed that an adequate ship will be a reward because I am done spending money and I'm done grinding. I already have 10 toons that are all lvl 50 or above (none are 60 yet). I'm not going to start EC/dil grinding for a ship on a character, as many have said, will be left to collect dust for a while.
    signature.png
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    So....we should not have our new toon join a fleet until Level 30? Or will that particular task be auto-completed at Level 30?

Looking forward to this, just trying to get all my ducks in a row before Delta Recruitment begins.

You should wait to see if the coding is capable of handling that scenario. That's what I do. Wait for some poor sucker to go first and keep an eye on the forum rage.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    So....we should not have our new toon join a fleet until Level 30? Or will that particular task be auto-completed at Level 30?

I would like to know this as well.

I mean, I'm doing this event regardless, as it seems cool and beneficial. I just need to know details, as do we all :)

Cool poster, btw!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm waiting for DETAILS on what the prizes (particularly those that are account-wide) will be.

I've got 16 characters already. Only my main is L60, the others are between L53-56. I've got at least one of each class in each faction, mixed throughout various races, genders, ships, weapon types, playstyles, etc.

But, honestly, Delta Rising kinda killed alting for me. There's just too much grind for each character (like my Main still hasn't completed a single Specialization or even R&D to L20, yet). If it weren't for doing DOffing while participating in the CE Event, my alts probably wouldn't be at the mid-50s they're at now. :rolleyes:

I am most attached to my primary character. He's my first character that I've been playing for over 5 years. He's collected/earned most every prize, accolade, commendation, etc. He's the one I care most about advancing.

With the plethora and variety of alts I already have, I don't feel any need to make anymore. If Delta Recruitment offers benefits that will apply to my main, then I'm likely to participate.

Otherwise, I just don't know... >shrug< :rolleyes:

Agreed as well and kinda of same thing for me.

Except for showing "better" metrics what is the "reason" for doing this? Can someone please DEV or MR EP answer that one? Curious to know their side of things since ALTs are dead on this game.
    DUwNP.gif

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Trendy, there's a typo in the second paragraph - says "the" instead of "they".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am not seeing yet where my two mains benefit.

I am also not seeing yet where, amidst the grinding I would have to do on a Delta Recruit, I would have time to get anything for the two toons I have successfully saved from the ravages of Delta Rising. If I am going to be timegated/grindgated on my mains for those benefits, as opposed to being able to work on the one Delta Recruit and then getting passively rewarded on my mains, that will be a big incentive killer as I do not have the time to ultra-grind three toons simultaneously.

IF I see those benefits, and they are compatible with having a life and a full time job, I will consider it, but if not, I will not only sit it out, but delete a couple of alts just to make the message as clear as possible.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok, I'm excited...I'll be there. But I can't do anything until the event starts. So what are YOU waiting for! :cool:
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OK, so if the lemmings (waves) complete the weekly task, then everyone gets a bonus the next week. And at level 30, we get a bonus that helps out whatever fleet we join. I like that, because my fed fleet's levelling up its embassy and spire to 3 and starbase to 4 at the same time. (Whee, watch those dilithium levels sloooowly rise.) Watch us get fleet marks. I've got 6000 fleet marks waiting to turn in and haven't finished CC yet.

What I don't get is, where are the delta recruits coming from? Are they just recruits from the academy, or are they actual Delta Quadrant recruits?
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another pointless blog post, shocking. This one probably doesn't even appease the RPers. Good thing they spent that time making a poster with words in klingon, so somewhere on some computer they can at least translate from english to klingon. Too bad the the spell checker is still broken or missing.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The design of those recruitment posters really doesn't fit the IP you have chosen. Yes, I know, you are deeply regretting the whole Star Trek thing but get your stuff together.

Other than that, more marketing speak. "Exciting", "never been better", "too many rewards" - but nothing of significance. Ye, it's three weeks + until the event starts, but we will get new hype ads twice a week now. It would be nice if there was something concrete in there.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The recruiting efforts by Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic are ramping up. As the threat of an Iconian war looms over the galaxy, there is great anticipation to see all the new officers captaining starships for these three factions.

Learn more about what we have in store for our new recruits!

~LaughingTrendy

You guys MIGHT want to put another blurb in there stating the Delta Recruit Event start date of April 2, 2015; or you might get some new players who wonder why the character they made today ISN'T seeing any of the stuff outlined. IMO marketing really needs to do a better job of communicating specifics in blurbs about upcomingh events content that aren't live yet.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited March 2015

/snip

Just think a few more alts you can join the 30+ AAA Club [Alts Aholic Anonymous :D].

Personally gonna make up 2-5 more KDF/Rom alts during the event just for fun as I enjoy the 1-50 stuff more, though I may have to delete an alt on my main acct as I'm already past the cap and don't think the +1 slot will fix that.

Good Hunting, may you enjoy all your future endeavors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    Another pointless blog post, shocking. This one probably doesn't even appease the RPers. Good thing they spent that time making a poster with words in klingon, so somewhere on some computer they can at least translate from english to klingon. Too bad the the spell checker is still broken or missing.

From a RP/Fluff perspective, nothing they write is halfway enjoyable for those people who didn't play with GI Joe as kids ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will give it a try. This new blog seems to suggest we don't have to play every mission? That sweetens the deal for me as I really hate some of them, especially in the Romulan arc, while I really like many others. I also always hit 50 halfway through the Romulan arc so if I can skip more than usual I might actually get to Beta Ursae for a change.

I really don't see anything sinister in this. It serves many purposes: increases metrics, possible equipment and ship sales, sets up the coming story with the Iconians, and offers some new temporal war style story content.

I'll be doing it to see the story. I doubt I will take the character as seriously as my other 5. Time will tell. My big question is whether the 3 factions have different stories or is it basically the same for all.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited March 2015
    You guys MIGHT want to put another blurb in there stating the Delta Recruit Event start date of April 2, 2015; or you might get some new players who wonder why the character they made today ISN'T seeing any of the stuff outlined. IMO marketing really needs to do a better job of communicating specifics in blurbs about upcomingh events content that aren't live yet.

We can't even convince them to hit the spell check button before posting blogs... Baby steps.
    edited March 2015
    My big question is whether the 3 factions have different stories or is it basically the same for all.

Given the latest trend of the 'alliance' and Geko actually saying he disliked making faction-specific content (albeit directed towards KDF), I'm assuming it will be one story for all. Plus making just one story for everyone instead of two or three stories means (hopefully) more time spent making better quality missions etc. It could also mean less time needed overall for average quality, but we won't know that until we see it.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, I for one am looking forward to the event; now I just need to decide how many more alts I'm adding to my existing 23 - I still have 6 free toon slots to use before the free ones are made available :)
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This sounds awesome... except... I dont want to level up another character. I stopped my last one after the string of XP gimping/nerfing/hobbling that you (Crypitc) did. Why would I want to level another?

And your idea of awesome rewards is a silly phaser stun pistol or a party bomb that people can harass people with. I will have to see what you guys mean by your rewards for this.

Im hoping an ability to grant sane levels of xp instead of hardly any to fill up a large XP pool.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if we'll see a Republic Delta Recruitment poster next, alongside another blog that is basically a rehash of the previous ones and still doesn't go into specifics about the rewards....

I'm also very curious about how they will handle the weekly server-wide goals. If not enough people end up participating, will they shift the goal posts around to make it so the tiers progress within the time frame they envisioned? I ask, because I've seen similar situations in other MMO events that have required server-wide participation....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There’s a ton of exciting stuff for a Delta Recruit character to do. If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

That line makes me cringe. I have to be rushed into planning a character I will not be able to play in more than 2 weeks?
  • saibioussaibious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

I'm waiting for the event to start :P

Same here!It seems rude to tell us to make them when we can not do so yet.