Options

What is you character's greatest fear?

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    oh god

that was too good

Kristen Stewart? That's awful! I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE, even Three!

oh god...

that was hilarious and awful and awesome and oh my god....

THANK YOU!!!!!
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No writers were harmed in the making of this bit. The episode reel of the Voyager episode "Threshold" and all related props remained in the CBS studio vaults, where they are to never see the light of day.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My character's worst fear? Easy.

Not being in a universe where Moonshadowdark's postings are available.

I had a crappy day at work and I really needed something to make me laugh and lighten up. Thank you.
    I haven't laughed this hard in about a week. BTW, you owe me a laptop and a bottle of Glen Fiddich. I covered my laptop in single malt Scotch while laughing and in my haste to wipe it off, I knocked over the bottle.

Note to self: DO NOT take a sip of a quality adult beverage prior to reading any more of this thread and keep the bottle off the desk.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My character's worst fear? Easy.

Not being in a universe where Moonshadowdark's postings are available.

I had a crappy day at work and I really needed something to make me laugh and lighten up. Thank you.
    I haven't laughed this hard in about a week. BTW, you owe me a laptop and a bottle of Glen Fiddich. I covered my laptop in single malt Scotch while laughing and in my haste to wipe it off, I knocked over the bottle.

Note to self: DO NOT take a sip of a quality adult beverage prior to reading any more of this thread and keep the bottle off the desk.

I am SO sorry. :D
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rhys Llywarch-Hatred

He wants to be a Picard type Captain but his time in the Klingon war has given him an intense hatred of Klingons. He worries constantly about not being able to live up to the Federation way, He does not want to become like those he fought against. He is afraid of giving into his hatred and becoming just a bad as they are.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I am SO sorry. :D

No. You are not. You're just glad it wasn't your Scotch. :D

How am I supposed to enjoy this mess of game while I am sober?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No writers were harmed in the making of this bit. The episode reel of the Voyager episode "Threshold" and all related props remained in the CBS studio vaults, where they are to never see the light of day.

Speak for yourself. I still have nightmares about that pool.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T'Phira (Vulcan): Cephalopods. Mainly from those from Earth.
    Vokno (Klingon): (Unknown. Interviewer was returned in multiple boxes. Little ones.)
    Selena (Liberated Borg Human): Static discharge from extravagant carpets and rugs.
    Raylene (Orion): Chafing.
    Altecha (Human): Being sucked out into the vacuum of space.
    K"Kera (Fed Klingon): Her defenseless, unreliable, fragile, and useless Starfleet uniform tearing at the seams while on Away Team missions.
    S'ena (Romulan): Accidentally marrying Tovan Khev.
    Aydihe (Fed Joined Trill): The bathrooms on Deck 13.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Fed Sci officer, "Salty" St. Claire, an astrophysicist, likes to say that facing Klingons is nothing compared to defending your disertation on dark mater in front of Adm. Janeway.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The F.C.A.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *Laughing all the way out the room so as to not look weird*

Om gosh, Moonshadow, my memory is fuzzy, what DID I write iup for a nightmare? All I remember was Three being BBFF's (Borg[In one case only] Best Friends Forever) with Hakeev, and the Barbershop quartet featuring Sela and Kurland being backed up by two grunting river pigs...I mean Nanovs...

On Topic...

In terms of Greg's fear, it was the Doomsday machine, though that has been mostly resolved, as well as a fear of failing at a crucial moment, causing the alliance to fracture over a simple mistake. He also fears the death of those he considers friends and loved ones, and then fears losing his morales as he goes on a resulting revenge-rampage.

Berg(Alien KDF), Dying alone, dishonor, having to personally dispatch Gregs.

Hazel(Aug. Human), knowing she can't save everyone, failing the legacies of the great captains before her, the DTI and Aegis deciding to send her home, the discovert of her Genetically enhanced nature.

Ace(Rom), The future he once was a part of, being used as a weapon, failing Greg's and Berg, death by freezing.

Sa'lvin(Rem), Failing Obisek, failing D'Tan, Ace, Spock's legacy, etc. Fear of becoming a slave to the Tal Shiar or even the Iconians.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I can see why you're posting scripts on STO and not working for Universal.
    Yeah, Universal can't handle that level of awesome.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My character's main fear is dying a slow horrible death
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      My character's main fear is dying a slow horrible death

Isn't that what life is for some people?
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      nabreeki wrote: »
      I can see why you're posting scripts on STO and not working for Universal.

You're just mad we went with Mirror's nightmare.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      starkaos wrote: »
      Isn't that what life is for some people?

For a starship crew, being killed in the blast is better than suffocating in the the wreckage
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
        edited March 2015
        For a starship crew, being killed in the blast is better than suffocating in the the wreckage

Not by much. In hard vacuum you'll pass out from oxygen deprivation in maybe ten seconds.
        "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
        — Sabaton, "Great War"
        VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
      • Options
        edited March 2015
        starswordc wrote: »
        Not by much. In hard vacuum you'll pass out from oxygen deprivation in maybe ten seconds.

still a horrible way to go
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          edited March 2015

I was thinking of longer lasting effects like someone suffering with cancer, a starving child in Africa, or a person with a meaningless job that pays minimum wage with no hope of escaping to a meaningful life rather than some that has radiation poisoning or plasma burns that will kill them in a couple of days. So they are suffering for months or even years rather than hours or weeks.
        • Options
          rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,145 Community Moderator
          edited March 2015
          Krystal: Spiders
          Blaze the Cat: Drowning
          Roll: Isolation and losing her family, including her KDF sister Fali.
          Ashe: Falling to the Borg
          Saria: Losing her home, family, and friends
          Fali: Losing her family. Even her Starfleet sister Roll.
          db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
          I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
          The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        • Options
          sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
          edited March 2015
          Captain Zhang's greatest fear is the mere notion of his partner, Tactical Officer Lt. Cmdr. Christine Barber, walking out on him.

Bear in mind that this is the captain that fought the Klingons, Tal Shiar, the 2800, the Breen, the Borg, the Voth, the Undine and the Vaudwaar throughout his career without so much as a flinch.
          Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
        • Options
          edited March 2015
          starkaos wrote: »
          I was thinking of longer lasting effects like someone suffering with cancer, a starving child in Africa, or a person with a meaningless job that pays minimum wage with no hope of escaping to a meaningful life rather than some that has radiation poisoning or plasma burns that will kill them in a couple of days. So they are suffering for months or even years rather than hours or weeks.

valid point
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
            edited March 2015
            Spiders.

Which means when Starfleet needs to really put the foot down hard with Tholians, one name tops the list (since he, ah, wrote it in). Bug hunting with a Fed rifle set to disintegrate is so cathartic.
          • Options
            kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
            edited March 2015
            My character does not have many fears but I'd say he would be afraid of a couple things.

1.) Zombies.( The flesh and brain eating feral undead kind not the borg kind by the way. Not sure why he would have that fear but maby by watching some old zombie movies from the 20th centry.)

2.) Pitch Black Darkness not being able to see anything. So yeah afraid of the dark. That is why his ship is well light with lights.
          • Options
            edited March 2015
            T'Cael's greatest fear?

Being assigned by Fleet Command to mount a rescue mission for Tovan Khev. Who was contacting a deep cover operative in Starfleet known as - dun-dun-dun! - Wesley Crusher. Upon successful completion of the mission, T'Cael is assigned a new non removable Human BOff known as
            - dun-dun-dun! - Wesley Crusher.

Cha's greatest fear?

Being assigned to support a Delta Alliance scientific research project headed by
            - dun-dun-dun! - Admiral Reg Barclay.

Crell's greatest fear?

Being assigned to the personal security detail for Ambassador Neelix.

Samantha's greatest fear?

Being forced by the Prophets to play an endless game of "Where's Kurland?" on DS9.

Thunderfoot's greatest fear?

The replicator loses the recipe for crawfish etouffee.
          • Options
            proteusrexproteusrex Member Posts: 62 Arc User
            edited March 2015
            One one level, Merrik's biggest fear is failing his friends and his crew. He feels like he sits in the shadow of his highly-decorated Grandfather and worries that he can't possibly live up to his legacy. Despite his own successes, he worries that he got command through neopotism and fears that one day he'll be in over his head, unable to save the people he cares about.

On a deeper level, he fears that he is not real. Merrik knows that he's a biomimetic duplicate of the real Dennis Merrik. He fears that he is an imposter created in a lab and no matter how much he tries, he's not human, just a twisted image of a man. He struggles with how his existence fits into his faith and worries that he may just be some sort of abomination. To support that fear, his seemingly immortal nature and silverblood abilities/weaknesses makes him question how long can he hold onto his humanity.
          • Options
            gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
            edited March 2015
            Liza's greatest fear is one day she will wake up and find herself still in the matrix - I mean stuck with tuvok in that horrible mind meld ordeal, forced to search for undine shapeshifters with serious inception ()@() going on all around her.. FOREVER!!! :D:eek::P

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
            Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
            he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
            In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
            He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
            He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
            He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
            He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
          • Options
            mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
            edited March 2015
            Oooh interesting thread.

Sophie (human female sci) = Failure. The failure to save her crew. The failure of a critically important mission. The failure to stop the Borg/Iconians/whatever from destroying the Federation. On a more personal level, being viciously assaulted/*****/ect.

Natasha (ex-Borg female eng)= Again, failure. But also she'd fear being reassimilated by the Borg. Or seeing her crew or the Federation itself assimilated by the Borg. She'd fear having control of herself taken away again.

Runa (Fed!Romulan female tac) = Again, failure. But this time the failure to protect New Romulus and the Romulan people. She would fear her people falling under the Tal Shiar's complete control. The whole reason she fights is so that the Republic can thrive. Also she'd fear being brainwashed by the Tal Shiar again. That's her worst fear.

Elizai (Female ex-Borg Klingon eng) = Being reassimilated by the Borg or seeing her crew assimilated. She fears failing her duties as a KDF Klingon warrior or being dishonoured. Fears seeing the mighty Klingon Empire crumble away.

Tashai (Female Caitian tac) = Once again she would fear failing her crew, her mission or the Federation. She also has a particular fear of failing the Caitians. She'd fear becoming subservient to an evil like the Tal Shiar or Iconians or whatever.