What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...all accounts are getting one extra free character slot...

FREE CHARACTER SLOT? :eek: Now I can create one of those ridiculously large, never seen before now in Star Trek, alien Captains.

Ooooh, how about a dog faced race. :cool:

Hello Captain Fido!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm keenly interested on what they described the event would entail. Anything that attracts new players is a good thing. Having to make a new toon is a small price to pay, besides its a good excuse to try different things this time around like maybe make a different faction toon or maybe make different choices on progression.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So with all the complaining about the game not being alt friendly now, this is the solution they came up with. Create an alt on their terms.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a question. Can i make the character for the event get the bonuses unlocked account wide then delete the char? at the end of the event. also are the "character slot" themselves are permanent or do they go when the character doe?
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looking forward to create yet another alt and experience it all over again with what appears to be a nice story twist :D If this really helps all the rest of my numerous alts to close that gap, then I am all for it. Just curious how it works out. Also sounds like a fun fleet activity.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    grrr mid april GTA5 PC will come out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gameleechgameleech Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LoL at bringing in that many new players to make a difference.This is more about getting the older players who have run out of fun things to do to try something new which just happens to be old boring content with new dangling carrots. You killed my alts and now want me start another one? Sorry your missions are boring and I only play for the stfs and they are archaic as hell now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can I get Dan Stahl back yet? You know the guy that tried his harded to not let dinos with lasers happen and said if we do a level cap we will not move up ship tiers, just command more ships like an away team... ya he said that stuff...

I want my fun back
    I want my alts to not be trivial anymore
    I want veteran status to mean something (not a dried up cash venue)
    I want tailor stuff to be unrestricted (you know mix formal with uniform and so forth, and not use cheats/hax like some people do)
    I want playable Vortas
    I want to venture into the GAMMA Quadrant, you know the one with the stable wormhole and we didn't have to pull ideas out of our TRIBBLE to get us to said quadrant...

Most of all, I want Delta Rising removed from the STO files.

I know, I wont get any of this, but I can put in a reply like anyone else.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    To boot,
    if you're wondering why people are driven away, then I can tell you why. The game is exploitive in terms of money. I don't care if the game is f2p and Cryptic has to make a buck or not. It's just that the way the payments work is absurd. It's that you pay nothing and a lot of things you want are outrageously priced. As far as people saying that you can grind your way into these things, time is currency too.

I don't understand why there isn't a lick of common sense to at least sell the t5 ships for a reduced cost and the t6 ships for what the t5 used to go for. And for you Cryptic defenders out there, I'm not arguing against giving money to Cryptic, I'm arguing that Cryptic should make me want to as opposed to making borderline TRIBBLE marketing decisions in regards to how to make an income. There are two extremes to pricing, you can price your items really high and hope that one or a few buy the things (like Cryptic) or you can price things really low and try and get as many people to buy as possible. Both are terrible ideas. It's best to price things at a more average price making it affordable to most people, but not without profitability. Everyone knows a for profit business is a business to make money; it's just that most people don't want to be treated as though their money is a given.

Unfortunately Cryptic is working off an idea about the stereo-typical "Trekkie". That being, the average "Trekkie" has a bottomless wallet when it comes to all things Star Trek. Therefore Cryptic is using these horrible marketing practices because the bottomless wallets keep encouraging it.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mmm....I just started a new character (to replace my old main because I got bored) so not sure how I feel about this.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    So we all get an extra character slot to do this "special grind" and we get equipment from grinding episodes and a starship trait that is pretty nice to counter their OP SS3 and SB3 spamming that is going on in PvP matches. This has to be the worst event ever, although I get they're trying to do something different from the usual episode replay during pre season releases. Still, it's an annoying grind, even if it's for account wide unlocks.

On another note, I paid no attention a month ago to the guy saying the next specialization was going to be a temporal one, but after seeing this, he might be onto something. I hope if it is true, that the specialization has to do with science abilities.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got 30 toons already and I'm still struggling to get them all to 60. I can't be bothered with this...
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I suppose this would give me an excuse to make a Starfleet Engineering character (to use those cruisers I have) but, eh. Just started a science toon who's 53.
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    More proof that this game's new financial model is about player turn. Legacy players are to be cast aside, and newer, more naive players are to be onboarded and their wallets ransacked. It's an inane idea at best, but it is what we have come to expect from Cryptic's new overlord, PWE. The only driving force in STO is ZEN..nothing more.

Iconian War? Really? Somehow the alliance will overcome a race that has built not one, not two but three Dyson Spheres? Really?

Yawnsville.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm I've been thinking about making another character but I have little time to do three characters so thanks but no thanks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    There is no reward big enough to make me build up a new character. Cryptic you have lost your way and need to get a astrometrics lab up and running to find your way back home again.

I have 2 level 60's that I am trying to get maxed out there is no way on Earth or the stars that I would even think of grinding a new character.

Are you kidding? They don't even know that for over 40 years Earth has been in the Alpha Quadrant but soon as season 10 hits, itll be in the beta quadrant...someone is drunk at the helm of this ship.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LMAO :D This is not a game anymore, this is a comedy show!!! :P Just grab popcorn and watch every day to see what Cryptic will pull off during comedy hour. :D

Seriously Cryptic, I'm not bothered by this per say. I intended to nuke one of my undeveloped chars to make a new Vulcan anyway, so I'll get to participate if I want to.
    But the sole fact that my main character, you know - the one I do everything in the game with will be excluded from active participation is so epically stupid that I can but only laugh at this. Not that I'm suprised by this comming from you, after all.
    Thank you for locking out my main from active participation. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    didn't read the 11 pages of whinging about something that looks very intriguing. Why don't we wait and see what it is before all the negativity?

Very much this. There's just under a month to get plenty more information, including specifics of who/what is affected and what they get.

Also gives me a reason to create an alt, for the first time! (Will never understand why people have got 10 or more characters)
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Okay all the complaining people are making both sides are good.

So my over all take is simple. They are giving a free character slot with the hope that you use it to try a new twist on going through the game. That's awesome I forgot how much a char slot is so for argument sake say 5$ Per account... thats a lot of free money they just threw out. The twist on the story, going threw it again is not a problem playing the story again has always been fun. Taking different options and giving you a reason to explore the episodes more now. Its a good way to keep the game fresh. I love this idea, I think they are willing to try new things and see if they work or not. Cryptic can be hit and miss a lot of times this I feel will be one of their hits if the player base at least gives it a chance.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have dabbled with some other characters, but I really only have one that I play. The rest are sitting somewhere south of 60, and some of their levels have just come from me logging them on to set up some DOFF missions.

So okay, I'll play along.

At the end of it all I will be getting benefits for my main, anyway.

The only question is if I want to make a clone of my character (just in case I decide that the new captain will replace my old one as my main), try a different type of Federation captain, or if I want to give a Fed-aligned Romulan another shot for whatever differences there are in terms of story.

=============

Sure, it would have been nice if Cryptic had given veteran players an option to fully participate with their existing characters, but this costs nothing.

Make a new character, play through the event to get the benefits for your existing characters, and then just delete the character if you want to.

Why some people think that every captain they make must always have full reputation in every faction and every lockbox ship and whatever else makes zero sense to me.

You just need this guy to get stuff for your other guys. Once the event ends, there is no reason to even keep this one around as far as I can tell.
    Sell whatever you can't give away, and then give everything else, including the EC, to your main.

You don't need to have any reputation in any faction to do that.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Okay all the complaining people are making both sides are good.

So my over all take is simple. They are giving a free character slot with the hope that you use it to try a new twist on going through the game. That's awesome I forgot how much a char slot is so for argument sake say 5$ Per account... thats a lot of free money they just threw out. The twist on the story, going threw it again is not a problem playing the story again has always been fun. Taking different options and giving you a reason to explore the episodes more now. Its a good way to keep the game fresh. I love this idea, I think they are willing to try new things and see if they work or not. Cryptic can be hit and miss a lot of times this I feel will be one of their hits if the player base at least gives it a chance.

i think that their time could be way more productive spend on other aspects of the game. even more while excluding existing toons/the gap they created with dr for alts in whole. opinions....
    they will just keep on their path of scre**** it up as it seems to me.

salamii, plz stop this :(...
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I already have 30 flippin toons I was not going to make anymore and now you throw this out dam I wish you had done this before I made my talaxians, dam you Cryptic.

Whatever details that come out from not till the start of this event will determine if I do this.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After reading the whole thing I think the concept sounds cool.

I'm not sure what to expect in April aside from this event - is this actually Season 10, or just a preparation? Nevertheless, a free character slot, tons of boosts and bonuses for both this char and the whole account, as well as a twist of an existing storyline are more than enough to encourage me to participate (even if after the event is over the character would become a farmer or I'd just delete it). Even though alting is a real pain in STO at the moment I don't think one month will hurt anyone.

Still, I wonder how truly beneficial is it going to be. I doubt that it'll just be "level up to 60 to get the shinies". I'm worried that despite what's written at the moment it'll all end up being yet another daily grind. I hope that's not gonna be the case, but... such is the state of the game and Cryptic's policy at the moment.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bunansa wrote: »
    Are you kidding? They don't even know that for over 40 years Earth has been in the Alpha Quadrant but soon as season 10 hits, itll be in the beta quadrant...someone is drunk at the helm of this ship.
    News Flash: Earth and the solar system have been in the Beta quadrant since STO began...
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Finally, during the first six weeks of the seven-week Delta Recruit event, there will be server wide goals that only Delta Recruits can contribute to, but by accomplishing these goals, they unlock bonuses for the entire server for the whole of the next week of the event!

This seems like an interesting idea. What's the server wide reward for those who don't participate in the event?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have enough alts to deal with. 3 main ones, and 3 more after them. The later 3 IF when I get around to them.

I rather wait to get more info on this event then bash it or say its good. I hope we get a new species to use?
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Without a Delta Recruit, my long standing Betazoid Science Captain (still Level 59) with his humble Intrepid class starship fielded with numerous science bridge officers to utillize the many science powers that are available (some nerfed or put into a console and resold) will be able to stand against the Iconians in the comming war. And he will also be doing it with only one starship trait.
    This are empty!
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    News Flash: Earth and the solar system have been in the Beta quadrant since STO began...

Um, yeah. That. check it. The game is not designed to be navigation perfect.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thats what all players ever wanted.... a new grind event, more alts that never get used while the already existing alts get no attention at all... and alternative mission stuff that certainly causes bugs in the already existing story missions.

the only idea behind this event is to prove the players wrong which claimed that this game is alt-unfriendly in the past months.
    Now they can say... "hey look how many players have created new alts" so it cant be alt unfriendly.
    Then a new chart will be created to show how many new captains STO has and how successful the game is (coz the old chart was showing the opposite).