What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Jem'Hadar Strike Ship

Comments

• Options
    blazzinfernoblazzinferno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ok this seems promising in some small ways im just wondering what the odds are of actually getting the ship? it said 10 lobi or the ship.... so by just those odds it would seem 50/50..... but cryptic has ways of cheating us out of good stuff.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ok this seems promising in some small ways im just wondering what the odds are of actually getting the ship? it said 10 lobi or the ship.... so by just those odds it would seem 50/50..... but cryptic has ways of cheating us out of good stuff.

You REALLY wanna know? OK:

After opening about 450 packs (on the tribble server, on a character duplicated 30 times, of course, I'm not insane), I finally got one. That means I would have gotten it for only 112 4-packs , meaning 112,000 Zen.

I think while merely my own experience, it says a lot.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So they just state what has been stated for awhile now; that the T6/T5U thing was before they formalized T5U.

And they already covered their "T5U = T6 capability" base.

So JHAS owners are not entitled to an upgrade to the T6 JHSS version, as they already got T6 "capabilities" with T5U.

The same thing that was straight up told to Intrepid owners of the Fleet variants. Can we move on with life beyond a few pixels in a video game now?

Well some people just have thick heads.. They have screen shots that say "T6 capable", but they choose to ignore everything after "T6"...

This is just wishful thinking on their part and its gotten out of hand.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's hilarious how you all somehow equate T6 Capability with T6 Upgrade.

"With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, owners of this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

T5-U is T6 Capable. You can do every aspect of new content in a T5-U ship.

Just because something is older doesn't make it less capable then something that is newer.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Misleading wordplay doesn't excuse anything; it's underhanded, sneaky, and in poor taste.

Especially considering that as of TODAY they've changed the text on THAT EXACT PAGE - the previous Bugship promo blog - to the following:

" With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 5U starship capabilities at no cost. "

Unless you weren't quoting that post word for word, and going by memory. But it seems to me that, as they have been doing for quite awhile, they have "covered their tracks" and lied to community again.

Hmph. Anybody here read Animal Farm?
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015

usually the odds to drop the best is something like 0.1% or less... insane. Even a 1% is insane, because it means there is 1 ship every 100 R&D pack that is 25.000 zen. So you shuold be really really lucky if you think to buy the R&D pack and drop the ship.

and if you think to buy the ship at the exchance, I have seen only one at 500kk EC. Have you any idea how much zen is 500.000.000 EC? A contraband is about 45.000 EC, so 500M EC are enough to buy more than 11.000 contraband. Suppose you have a lot of toons and you can quickly turn contraband into dil: 11.000/5*2000=4.400.000 dil... at the current rate (190) it's more than 23.000 zen.

Yes, the ship is beautifull and powerfull, but not like a cruiser with FAW and 23.000 zen is really really insane!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well guys/girls, the only problem I have with this/every Promo is that Cryptic is not giving out the probability of getting a ship out of the R&D box, and that is the main reason, why I am not considering to participate in this event. Sure the tier 5 shiptrait is imo op (yes i like cannons and I like rapid fire), but you have to ask yourself one question and one alone, do you really really need this shiny little ship to have fun with the game, if the answer is no, then everything is fine and you can continue playing the game with your T5, T5-U or other T6 ships, some of them are free, like the Samsar, for others you have to pay a fixed price, like the other command ships. BUT if the answer is yes, then you should reconsider, whether this particular game is a good choice for you. The game is FTP and the developers have to get the money from somewhere (at this point it is not really important and reasonable to discuss about whether they are greedy like Ferengi or not, cause greed is something objective), and I am 100% sure, that this will not be the last promo of this kind. And all that whine and anger will not change it.
    With everything said, I leave with a quote from my Professor: Love it, change it or leave it. If you don't love something, try to change it, if you cannot change it, let it be and find something more suitable for you.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    ~sheep
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I knew this would happen, Cryptic scamming their customers again.. nothing new.

Good thing that there're screenshot programs. http://i.imgur.com/Ps86caO.jpg

No way to cover up your lies on the internet.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just curious, is not there a law against this? Like false advertising or something? I mean they did claim to sell a future T6 ship which was not the case.

Now I doubt that anyone spent enough money to justfy going to court but I am wondering if it would work, in theory.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there are laws against false advertisement in europe... yes
    but there certainly is something in the eula which allows cryptic to do whatever they want

-> "oh... we are sorry to tell you that your ships are worth nothing anymore and you need to give us even more money to get the newest stuff which allows you to do what you were able to do before (with the old stuff)"
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kajofolf wrote: »
    I knew this would happen, Cryptic scamming their customers again.. nothing new.

Good thing that there're screenshot programs. http://i.imgur.com/Ps86caO.jpg

No way to cover up your lies on the internet.

Yep I know I am done with them lol.

The only aspect of attention they get from me is looking up their website a couple times a week to see if anything worth logging in is happening but of course not lol. Same old TRIBBLE which isn't even worth bothering to patch it up. I figure by end of the spring if there isn't any reason to play I will just uninstall even though I spent too much money on this game since the subbing days lol.

Anyways all good things come to an end :)
  • Options
    teuteburgteuteburg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They just lied to their costumers.....

If I do this at work I will get fired for sure!

It is a shame for PWE/Cryptic cheating players in that manner
    AND thinking we are stupid enough not realising it

Greetz Siegfried

(sorry for bad english)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowmudkipzshadowmudkipz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's your % chance of getting one of these?
    Exploration needs to return!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's your % chance of getting one of these?

No one knows but Cryptic, but I would say that the ship is rare enough that people pay 500 mil ec for it. :o
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aetam1 wrote: »
    Just curious, is not there a law against this? Like false advertising or something? I mean they did claim to sell a future T6 ship which was not the case.

Now I doubt that anyone spent enough money to justfy going to court but I am wondering if it would work, in theory.

There are laws against this, yes. Whether anyone in the player base will actually do something about it is another story. Cryptic has had the luxury of having customers who like to complain but are either too lazy or too passive to do anything.
    swatop wrote: »
    there are laws against false advertisement in europe... yes
    but there certainly is something in the eula which allows cryptic to do whatever they want

EULA's tend to be ridiculous and unconstitutional in many countries and tend to not hold up well in court. Think of it as more of a deterrent/threat than something enforceable to the letter.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    No one knows but Cryptic, but I would say that the ship is rare enough that people pay 500 mil ec for it. :o
    Well better start grinding EC If no one knows the chance of getting it I don't see the point of trying my luck at getting it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well better start grinding EC If no one knows the chance of getting it I don't see the point of trying my luck at getting it.

Whether you know the odds or not has no bearing on your luck though. I opened 2 4-Packs and got a ship. Others might have opened a hundred packs and got no ship.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Whether you know the odds or not has no bearing on your luck though. I opened 2 4-Packs and got a ship. Others might have opened a hundred packs and got no ship.
    Well, I put $10 dollars worth of zen in my account almost monthly, I uslaly save up for this kind of stuff, opened about 24 so far, I have the weirdest felling the chances are drastically increased is you are a lifetime subscriber because the people I have seen so far with it are all gold members. Anyone else suspicious about this being possabe?
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, I put $10 dollars worth of zen in my account almost monthly, I uslaly save up for this kind of stuff, opened about 24 so far, I have the weirdest felling the chances are drastically increased is you are a lifetime subscriber because the people I have seen so far with it are all gold members. Anyone else suspicious about this being possabe?

If that was the case, don't you think they'd be using that to sell lifetime subscriptions?

$300 + what they'd spend on R+D boxes is better than just what they'd get for the boxes.

Giving out 0.000000001% more ships doesn't cost Cryptic anything.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If that was the case, don't you think they'd be using that to sell lifetime subscriptions?

$300 + what they'd spend on R+D boxes is better than just what they'd get for the boxes.

Giving out 0.000000001% more ships doesn't cost Cryptic anything.
    I really wouldn't doubt it the JHAF (is that correct?) is a gimme gimmie ship sell for millions of EC. I could really see that, normal player doesn't have much of a chance of getting it like 0.00000000001% Lifetime player gets it in under 10 boxes normal player relises that he won't get it because no subscription. But this player REALLY wants it so they steal there parents credit card and gets lifetime. Opens 10 or so boxes and gets the ship, end result, Cryptic just made $300 plus how many boxes the player opened. It's the ultimate cash grab. It's been sitting under our noses the entire time.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I really wouldn't doubt it the JHAF (is that correct?) is a gimme gimmie ship sell for millions of EC. I could really see that, normal player doesn't have much of a chance of getting it like 0.00000000001% Lifetime player gets it in under 10 boxes normal player relises that he won't get it because no subscription. But this player REALLY wants it so they steal there parents credit card and gets lifetime. Opens 10 or so boxes and gets the ship, end result, Cryptic just made $300 plus how many boxes the player opened. It's the ultimate cash grab. It's been sitting under our noses the entire time.

As a lifer myself I can assure you that I do not get all special ships with a few boxes. Also it wouldn't make any sense to hand out the ships to lifers more easily, many of us get free Zen each month by now. If anyone would be the target of increased money-sucking, it would be lifers.

Just be honest, you spend resources, didn't get the ship and now you're upset with yourself and turn to weird conspiracy theories to put the blame somewhere else.
  • Options
    darthlogicdarthlogic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The unrelenting cynicism and sarcasm just drips off of every word you people say. Enough already.

Enjoy the ship if you get it.
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I am a LT player... only once I dropped a temporal science vessel... I can tell you that if we have some chances more, than I am an exception.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    enyinayaenyinaya Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ahaha! Are you serious? Hu huahahah!

*chugs another popcorn and continues reading*

Oops dropped some...quick, pick them up, 5 second rule!
    This are empty!
  • Options
    armitage95armitage95 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    darthlogic wrote: »
    The unrelenting cynicism and sarcasm just drips off of every word you people say. Enough already.

Enjoy the ship if you get it.

This^ This guy has the logic we need right now.

Come on, just enjoy the fact that we have another ship to play with.

And stop with the assumptions about the replacement of previous T5 ships, I believe it is really starting to get very hurtful for everyone, especially the good folks at Cryptic.

As for me, if I get the JHSS, Hooray! If not, oh well, that's ok.
  • Options
    false1234false1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.
    "

That will still happen but in STO 2.0 :D

It clearly says t5u not t6.
  • Options
    executiveoneexecutiveone Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    false1234 wrote: »
    It clearly says t5u not t6.

It says that now. It didn't at the time of the blog post.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only thing I have to say...

Don't worry, be happy... :P

A few extra pixels and bytes don't make a difference. ;)
  • Options
    futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well i wrote it in the past somewhere, a company want to earn money. And they do it in different ways. Monthly costs, Quest rewards,... since StarTrek plays mainly in space there is not really a BIG need for character customisation sells ect. - instead of the ships.

Guild Wars 2- they sell it now with 75% less
    Swtor - they sell their work 40% less

In a lot games they sell custonisation without special abilities. Just for the look and people buy it. I can imagine that Cryptic envy them. Here you need always a "add-on" on your ship. And ofc i understand this in many ways. But what you should do. No other way... i can understand the policy of Cryptic to add a "new" and better Bug, better than the T6 (f** T5-U, they know why they named it "T5-Upgrade" and not "T6-Upgrade").... SAY that capabilities arent REAL T6. Ah no they want money, right.

... what i really demise is that they told me in August "Get the T5 Bugship" upgadable to T6 (capabilities) ... and a few month later the same ship but everything better. TRIBBLE you Cryptic. Thats now T7? Name it! I spend money for the ship, thought i have a great T6 Ship after my foreighn work i come back and see this. I still have the JHAS in my Box because i knew i didnt had much time to play. Your play with words is most unwelcome. What is so difficult to follow a straight line... instead of milking me with false promises. Than you for a new step in drowing in my personal opinion.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015

i have long suspected the opposite to be true. too many people talk about getting their ship on their 3rd box/pack and whatnot for it to be a coincidence. i suspect that accounts new to gambling get better odds in an effort to 'hook' them for the long and fruitless reel-in to follow... get them addicted to winning while reducing their odds as it is.

i have no numbers or evidence to support this, but it sure seems pretty suspect from my perspective.