test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leonard Nimoy Memorial

Comments

• rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cheephoe wrote: »
    I fully support this suggestion.... a memorial to Leonard Nemoy somewhere where ALL STO players could visit.... after all.. .would this universie be the same if we never knew him? I think not imho..
    I could also be a nice "player event" where we could gather and pay tribute to someone who gave so much to our lives.

THIS I second this. D'Tan knew Mr Spock as a child, and I can think of no better place for there to be a memorial to the acomplishments of his most well known character within the Star Trek universe.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the 1. Mr. Spock ~aka~Leonard Nimoy was the 1 that made Star Trek what Star Trek was all about.
    I vote YES, STO should create a Memorial on Vulcan in honor of Spock.

What would be a great gesture on the part of STO would be to create a special mission involving Spock, similar to Hearts & Minds , that would only be available on a limited basis. I suggest twice a year, on Leonard Nimoy's birthday and on the date of his passing.

Rest In Peace Spock
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just had an idea, to encompass the fact that many of the Star Trek family have passed away. This would be in addition to a memorial for Leonard Nimoy who, as mentioned already has a special place in STO.

The Star Trek family includes (in no logical order) Gene Roddenberry, Majel Roddenberry, DeForest Kelley, Mark Lenard, James Doohan, and all the others who have made Star Trek what it is.

How about a Star Trek family memorial, using a Constitution Class at Utopia Planetia?

The Constitution Class exterior and interior is already available, as is Utopia Planetia which is not being used currently. Memorials could be added by way of Plaques within the ship and shipyard. While it would not necessarily be full of visitors all the time, it would serve an important function for the STO community. And because the environments are all already available, it would not take much more effort to set up, as well as being flexible.

What do people think?
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know what form it should take, but I'd like to see something permanent done to honor the memory of this giant of Trek.
  • slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I fully support the idea of a memorial though I think a statue on vulcan would be most appropriate.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ahhhh, but does any1 remember when he had a role on the old 'mission impossible' tv series.....????
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quevven wrote: »
    That would be nice. But as someone mentioned... Should it not be where all players can reach, even the Klingons?

I do believe Khitomer and the Mutara Nebula are both in the game, and at least one of those is sitting around doing little.

Spock did not belong to the Federation alone. As a member of New Romulus Star Command, I will point out that Spock is more ours than he is the Vulcans'. Put his memorial on ch'Mol'Rihan. Everyone (level 50+, at least) can visit ch'Mol'Rihan.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Leonard Nimoy created an iconic character that will no doubt remain a legend. It is too bad we cannot produce a real Genesis device on this day.

Here's to you, Spock. May memories of you live long and prosper!

Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How difficult would it be to have a "Memorial" to Spock (Leonard Nimoy) floating outside of Vulcan spacedock? to say he was iconic in the Star Trek universe is an understatement. Would it be possible to have such a memorial and "player event" to dedicate to his memory?

Just a suggestion to the thousands of players and developers of STO.

Pls let us know your thoughts

I VERY much agree to this. If Craptic can shut down the game for a Memorial patch in honor of a deceased employee than they better damn well make something, at least, of equal merit for Leonard Nimoy (Spock) because in Terms of Star Trek and, airgo, Star Trek Online, Leonard Nimoy makes that Craptic employee a nobody by comparison.
    signature.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I VERY much agree to this. If Craptic can shut down the game for a Memorial patch in honor of a deceased employee than they better damn well make something, at least, of equal merit for Leonard Nimoy (Spock) because in Terms of Star Trek and, airgo, Star Trek Online, Leonard Nimoy makes that Craptic employee a nobody by comparison.

Wow, just , Wow.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whatever comes...I will be there.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Great work pal, completely disrespect that poor man who lost his life just because he wasn't a celebrity.

Gotta love how people put celebrities on a higher level.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015

- Harsh and incredibly inappropriate.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    - Harsh and incredibly inappropriate.

It's people like that who need a kick to the face.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

Simply put, say only good things about the dead, or do not say anything at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How difficult would it be to have a "Memorial" to Spock (Leonard Nimoy) floating outside of Vulcan spacedock? to say he was iconic in the Star Trek universe is an understatement. Would it be possible to have such a memorial and "player event" to dedicate to his memory?

I would also like to propose a thought to ponder.
    Since Spock was not fully excepted by his own, because of his mixed blood. I would like to suggest a memorial on ESD and the Academy in remembrance of his devoted service to Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets. Also his trusted friendship and alliance with sooo many colleges and species.

Doltar Sojat
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    someone posted this to facebook. and it made me sad all over again. just the look in his face in the 2nd piture. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203818531039443&set=p.10203818531039443&type=1&theater
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sincere condolences to the family

peace to his soul
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Put the monument on Drozana Station. Everyone can visit Drozana Station.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    I am as everyone else saddened by the lost of Leonard Nimoy. I do have an issue with a statue of him in the game for the following reasons:

1. There are no statues in the game of Deforest Kelly, James Doohan, or even Gene Roddenberry. (If I have forgotten any other important people of the Star Trek Franchise, my mistake).

2. In Star Trek Canon and based on the history of the Star Trek universe in the game, the following must also be considered:

2a.) Mr. Spock is currently missing after trying to save Romulus from a Hobus Supernova. As far as I am aware, he has not be declared dead.

(http://sto.gamepedia.com/Spock)

2b.) He failed to reunite the Romulans and Vulcan.

2c.) Captain Kirk, is dead in the game's timeline, as one of the most successful Captain's of Starfleet, he does not have his own statue.

2d.) Vulcans, even in the games timeline, looked down on serving in Starfleet or any Vulcan who had. As Spock had served in Starfleet, it would be an offense to put a statue celibrating a half-human/half-Vulcan as a honored member of the Vulcan society.

2f.) This is a game, if Cryptic wants to put one in, it is their choice to do so, and I will support any decision they make. It just does not need 2 threads (so far) mentioning a statue is a must in game, (over the bug fixes everyone is demanding to be fixed), or people in game calling Cryptic "Star Trek haters" because they didn't have one ready the second Leonard Nimoy went into the hospital.

This..

While it is an extremely sad time for Star Trek Fans, the Actor Passing away, the character is however, still alive in the JJ Trek universe. And while it would be nice for there to be some memorial.. it would be better to honor him in a different way. Ship class recommendation was a nice touch. Maybe a mission could be nice as well, one that is truly Diplomatic. Or perhaps a Featured episode involving the players having to go back in time maybe to when he tried to find peace between the Romulans and the Vulcans. There could easily be better ways to honor his memory. Especially ones that would not involve trying to put something in game that, as far as the Game's story, would not yet make sense. Be sides, we have a piece of him for ever.. his voice overs in the sector space. Maybe we could instead have a way to replay those.. if we don't already? (Can't recall.) Perhaps a Hologram on Earth Spacedock or Fedeation academy, or maybe Vulcan, that plays those VO's.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    His legacy was a success in D'tan and as consequence the Romulan Republic.
    A statue in new romulus imo is the most fitting.
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I also support a memorial of some sort to Spock, either on Vulcan, New Romulus or at Starfleet Academy.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In this thread and another, several people have brought up Spock is not dead in the Prime Universe. Whether or not Spock is dead in the Prime Universe is beside the point. A memorial is to recognize Mr. Nimoy's influence in the lives of his fans and the Star Trek legacy he left. He showed that it is possible to get along with others no matter where you come from or what you look like. Also, it is alright for anyone to be curious about the universe around them and seek answers to explain what we do not understand.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Considering that Spock has been MIA for many years now, I think it's fair to declare him presumed dead.

Voyager's Crew were declared dead too after a few years
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This was posted my Steve Ricossa in the Galactic News section.
    I want to once again express my heartfelt condolences to the friends, family, and fans of Leonard Nimoy. Everyone at Cryptic Studios was saddened to hear of his passing and we want to make sure we never forget the cultural impact of the man or the character he played. To that end, the Star Trek Online team will implement a standing in-game memorial to Spock and Leonard Nimoy this Thursday March 5th with our regular weekly maintenance.

In this way, we hope to keep his memory as alive in our game as he is in all of our hearts.

LLAP

Steve Ricossa
    Executive Producer
  • spdtristamspdtristam Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just saying a "New" area in a Dyson Sphere that depicts Spock as a Missing Hero of the Life forms inhabiting that part of the Dyson Sphere. Playable by all...Federation, KDF, Romulan and anyone else as it is discovered Spock was here after disappearing into that black hole...storyline is doable because it allows for a new and continuing evolution of the Spock legend and Lenord Nimoy's passing that would be a long lasting tribute.
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015