test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle Weekend Event (2/19 - 2/23)

Comments

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys, just a quick heads up!

After double checking with the team, NWS will not be available, and we will see the in-game calendar change tomorrow.

Fail.... no NWS ...

kazabok wrote: »
    I do love shuttle weekend, a great way to stock up on marks for alts too.

I just did a winter-event of raising winter ephoos ... Got still about 20 boxes of 300 marks....
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why shuttle...thought it would be an XP weekend. Thanks but no thanks. This event is one of the most USELESS and should be scrapped off completely. Sorry just my opinion but what a waste of a weekend event :mad:
    The XP weekend is next weekend, according to the in-game calendar. I just wanted to let you know about that.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if you triple the size of shuttles and if they had more weapon and console options more people would use them
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I enjoyed the first shuttle weekend, the second wasn't nearly as fun since the nerf bat had hit it at full swing.

This.

The no-cooldown festival of small craft combat was entertaining and different from the main pace of things. Even KDF queues popped regularly (since the folks that thought the Shuttle Event was fun could keep on playing it). The nerf bat had us hopping back and forth between our small craft and actual ships for Space queues, and with the loadouts being wonky (technical term, that) it just wasn't all that much fun anymore.

Will this Shuttle Weekend Event enjoy open access to the small craft queues like the first, or are we back to having timers like the more recent showing?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I share the similar sentiment. I'm not going to waste my time on an event for an extremely underdeveloped part of the game. Other than completing "The Vault" and "Operation Gamma" (which is a horribly designed mission that has no level of fun to it.), I've not bothered to use my shuttle.

There's nothing fun about shuttles and thus, no reason to bother with this pointless event.

Forget events for a while. Everytime a new event starts, the more bugged the game gets. Fix the problems first, then worry about filler.
  • keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No shuttle NWS, no fun.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Shuttles,weekend... i'll pass, again.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unless I'm totally missing something there's no Storm the Spire shuttle queue nor a Vault Shuttle Event. Does that mean 50% of the promised shuttle queues are unavailable?
  • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now, not to complain too hard, lest the servers spiral out of control once more; but why are there only 2 shuttle queues? Where's the Spire version we were promised? Where are any of the "new" (only in the sense that cryptic hasn't improved them since they came up with the idea) shuttle queues we were told to expect?

Just wondering.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    its called Vault. and it has 90% failure rating because not enough people pay this thing called attention
    No, it's not even there.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well vault is down in it's regular place. not sure what it might reward.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well vault is down in it's regular place. not sure what it might reward.

Hmm I can only see 'The Vault: Ensnared' which is a starship queue.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I predict this is going to be the biggest fustercluck in a long line of fusterclucks.

Since one of the big things that messes up all your gear, and trays and stations and active doffs is switching ships. ESPECIALLY the shuttles which have always been problamtic.

Mark my words this is the worst possible event you could have scheduled with the current bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SERIOUSLY! What is going on with this event? First the calendar is wrong (NWS-Shuttle) and now the correction to the calendar which is a blog about the events is also wrong. We are really only getting 1 new pve event out of this????? Down from what 4 or so new shuttle events from last time?
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • phreakbeephreakbee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I predict this is going to be the biggest fustercluck in a long line of fusterclucks.

Since one of the big things that messes up all your gear, and trays and stations and active doffs is switching ships. ESPECIALLY the shuttles which have always been problamtic.

Mark my words this is the worst possible event you could have scheduled with the current bugs.

Yep, exactly. They (pew/craptic) should NOT have any more season/event/whatever rollouts >>AND<< no more shard maint. until they resolve (in the permanent sense) at least HALF of the bug/TRIBBLE up/clusterf*ck and assorted nonsense, some of which has been going on for much of, if not most of it's five year lifespan. But then the game would never get an update because if they haven't fixed it in five years, they certainly won't in another five.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The appear to be barely any shuttle queues available anyway so i just look upon this as a massive failure.

I can see: Fleet Alert (normal) and Atmosphere Assault (normal & advanced).

That is literally it....what a miserable failure. Even the only other actual shuttle mission (The Vault) is missing as is the shuttle NWS.

How the hell do you guys expect anyone to even bother logging in anymore when this is the sort of pitiful excuse that passes for an in game event!
    SulMatuul.png
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where are the other 2 queues? Can only see atmospehere and fleet alert. :confused:
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like shuttle event but it is killed by the afkers :mad:
    Any way to report them?
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all what is the point of pilotable shuttles and small craft? They are in almost every aspect way less fun than any other type of ship (with maybe a few exceptions) - less abilities, less equipment options, virtually zero visual customisation, minimum dedicated content... The only reasons to ever use them are a few missions and mark-rewarding events, but in most cases, it would make no difference at all if those used regular ships instead. The only thing they might have going for them, is the "Let's pack as much firepower into as little ship as possible" and the "Just for lolz, let's kill a boss with 20 tiny ships instead of 5 normal ships", but that only takes them so far...

How about making small craft into "customisable launchable space combat pets"?

Or change their gameplay into a first-person perspective?

Otherwise, it might just remain "That one part of gameplay that only exists because there were shuttles in the star trek franchise, but nobody really plays it unless there is some sort of reward attached to it".

TL;DR:

Having fun actually using a shuttle = Good
    Not having fun in exchange for a shiny bauble = Not so good
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you right click on their name there is a option to report them, just don't count on any action being taken. Take it from someone who tried and gave up long in the past.

I understand why, the report window is boring. I guess nobody report more than once. You can't write things while in action. A fast selection of mutilples options would be better (spam, EC seller, afk, cheat, etc...)
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    Where are the other 2 queues? Can only see atmospehere and fleet alert. :confused:

I can't find the other two either. :S

Next communication debacle?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys! So update for ya'll.

We're currently looking into the reports of queues being missing from the Shuttle Weekend Event. I'll get back to you as soon as I get a confirmation from the team. :)
    edited February 2015
    After a brief hiccup, you should be able to see Storming the Spire and Vault Shuttle Event available, Captains. :)
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After a brief hiccup, you should be able to see Storming the Spire and Vault Shuttle Event available, Captains. :)

Thanks Trendy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Trendy :)
    Totes goats.