What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode - Dust to Dust

Comments

• Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Those are some really nice engines for tank-specced cruisers and engineers. Does this recharge bonus apply to Miracle Worker and Rotate Shield Facing?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    Those are some really nice engines for tank-specced cruisers and engineers. Does this recharge bonus apply to Miracle Worker and Rotate Shield Facing?

Specifies bridge officer abilities so no. Still, as you say, should come in handy for tank focussed cruisers. If such things still exist with the crazy drive for DPS.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Passed on the deflector for most chars, but I'll definitely be picking these up.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Specifies bridge officer abilities so no. Still, as you say, should come in handy for tank focussed cruisers. If such things still exist with the crazy drive for DPS.

You don't pug much do you? The "crazy drive for DPs" appears to be a minority thing. The key fail condition in pugs are all those people doing next to no damage and not knowing what to do to complete the mission.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You don't pug much do you? The "crazy drive for DPs" appears to be a minority thing. The key fail condition in pugs are all those people doing next to no damage and not knowing what to do to complete the mission.

Actually, I only ever pug, by way to make the wrong assumption. :P

My comment referred to the fact that most people don't care about tactics any more, just about how much DPS they can do. A tank who can take a TRIBBLE load of damage so others can dish out the pain, in my opinion, is still a good team mate. Though your comment about players doing next to no damage kind of makes my point for me that all people care about is DPS.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since the engines don't have unique (or at least different) graphical effects for the trails, I'm getting afraid the shield won't either.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Since the engines don't have unique (or at least different) graphical effects for the trails, I'm getting afraid the shield won't either.

I was wondering if they would have any visuals. Kind of sad they don't, I like visuals hehe.
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dust to Dust might be an ok mission, is not for the game lag, the UI lag, the environment lag, and the general DQ lag, all of which make doing ANYTHING seriously irritating at best, and downright rage inducing at the worst. Add in the Boff/loadout screwups that are STILL occuring, and I have to wonder why people play this thing. It certainly isn't a game anymore.
  • Options
    rarintogo2rarintogo2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It took me a bit to figure out the Q game, but considering the reward of the ship and the upgrade books, I'm not complaining.
    I am a bit disappointed that the ship has No ready room, Crew space, Sickbay or Enginroom, it just has one room like a shuttle (but has a crew of 650 that apparently can't come to the bridge and their Captain can't wander by and see if they are all drunk on duty partying with Nelix).
    Interaction with the lower consoles is a bit difficult at times because the walls that curve over them keep you (r character) too far away
    I really like the number of officer positions and their ranks you can use.and the shield hull healing of the matched set is also real nice.
    I still wish the color options for 'painting' the ships was a bit more extensive. Strange that only the Mirror Ships can be bright yellow and none yet can be painted with bright red. Seems the favored colors are purple and pastels.
    I guess the other T-6 ships took precidence....
  • Options
    chad4231chad4231 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    galatt wrote: »
    I loved this mission, I just wish I knew how long it was going to take when I started.
    Anyway as an almost 50ish player whose reflexes have to degenerated to a level approaching Stephen Hawking let me give you a hint for getting across the floor panels;
    Plant a turret on both sides of the platform. They'll auto-fire at the switches leaving you free to watch where you're walking.
    Yeah & the "Concussive Tachyon Emission" trait (Delta Alliance tier 5 rep award) comes in very handy as well on those long runs near end of sliding floor section, hit it after crossing first few floors & the rest will all open for you to run across.
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if anyone need come along to do the mission
    I still have to do it 20 times to get all the shields
    everyone is welcome to join
    if the server ever come back again
    I will be yealing out in Tau Dewa zone chat

I think who ever made up those challenges is a bit "challenged" lol
    or just want to annoy people.
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    No. seriously. It is ****ing easy. So unless you are not a 70 year old senior, that plays for his first time ever, a video game, or you are some 3 year old...You should make it without failing a dozend times.
    I can get that the mission may be dull for some people. But "hard" ? No way! Get lost! I dont believe you.
    It just isnt. You can't change reality.
    Wanna have it "hard"? Play some DR content.
    Oh yeah. Sorry how could i!? You can't!
    Because people who claim that mission, is "too difficult", would throw theyr computer out of the closed window, after attemp 20.051.
    And than you wouldnd be able to play this nice game for a while. Can't have that, can't we? :cool:

DR content hard ?

you must be kidding
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have the ship and all the set pieces now, so I don't ever have to play Dust to Dust again.

At least there's a respawn point in the middle of the retracting floor sections. Were it not for that, then yes, the mission would be extremely frustrating. After the second time doing it, it got really easy to get it down to a science, even as a tac officer with no fancy toys. Eventually, it takes less than 15 minutes to complete the temple portion of the mission. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word on a "Celebration: 5 Years" Accolade?
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I would love to but when I log in, I just get booted right back off. Tell the tribbles to stop munching on the network lines please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Too bad everything is down. Stellar job on that "update." :rolleyes:
  • Options
    snugglekittehsnugglekitteh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well that was fun half the quest done and got kicked off...them connections..
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Glad I got the Kobali Shield last night...

Is this what we call "server stability"?
  • Options
    snugglekittehsnugglekitteh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

looks like great stability...lol
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »

It's perfectly stable right now. Alright, its not the stability you were looking for, but it is stable.
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They're really getting a lot of mileage out of that single episode.
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Loved the episode ..even after multiple deaths on the sliding floors ..lol

What bugged me was that being an altaholic I've run it on a few characters now. I have trouble believing a Klingon would not just kill the Kobali because of their highly dishonorable treatment of the dead.

Running the quest with my KDF alts just felt so out of place ...
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You devs really need to run a spellcheck/grammar check before you post things. Just sayin'.
    They need our help retake the area, though I have a feeling something else is going on. Can you help with the situation?

I know you all type really super fast but if you type slower, you'll catch these simple mistakes.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    morden613 wrote: »
    You devs really need to run a spellcheck/grammar check before you post things. Just sayin'.

I know you all type really super fast but if you type slower, you'll catch these simple mistakes.

And the Vaadwaur respond, "All your temple are belong to us!"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word on a "Celebration: 5 Years" Accolade?

I wonder this, too. I'm disappointed there (so far?) doesn't appear to be one this year.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    kittbrazkittbraz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Found the answer to the question that was here for a blink of an eye. Thanks!
  • Options
    zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just wanted to see more of the Enterprise IMHO.
    :D
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpedcore wrote: »
    They're really getting a lot of mileage out of that single episode.

Played it once and never went back.... :P