test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Dust to Dust

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word on a "Celebration: 5 Years" Accolade?

I wonder this, too. I'm disappointed there (so far?) doesn't appear to be one this year.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kittbrazkittbraz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Found the answer to the question that was here for a blink of an eye. Thanks!
  • zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just wanted to see more of the Enterprise IMHO.
    :D
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpedcore wrote: »
    They're really getting a lot of mileage out of that single episode.

Played it once and never went back.... :P
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    And than you wouldnd be able to play this nice game for a while. Can't have that, can't we? :cool:

Which game are we talking about because STO is far from a nice game at this time
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    greydog2 wrote: »
    Loved the episode ..even after multiple deaths on the sliding floors ..lol

What bugged me was that being an altaholic I've run it on a few characters now. I have trouble believing a Klingon would not just kill the Kobali because of their highly dishonorable treatment of the dead.

Running the quest with my KDF alts just felt so out of place ...

..dishonorable treatment of the dead?

Klingon's do not care about the dead. After they finish howling over a fallen warrior, they disregard the the body.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Played it once and never went back.... :P

Same here. I got my Samsar, and was happy with that.
    edited February 2015
    ..dishonorable treatment of the dead?

Klingon's do not care about the dead. After they finish howling over a fallen warrior, they disregard the the body.

True but even though its a empty shell I don't think they want zombie klingons walking around the place especially since it seems awfully common for kobali to want to return to the past life granted that was human but with the amount of will in a klingon warrior I grant it would be the same
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I just played through with my Klingon character recently, and "he" had a somewhat different reaction. The mission, as he saw it, was to prevent Keten from contacting Voyager and compromising their secret mission. That doesn't mean that Keten must be taken alive; killing him accomplishes the same goal. Probably faster and easier, in fact. Since Keten is just an "empty shell", it doesn't really matter to him.

As far as Kobali returning to their previous lives, it's not supposed to be common at all. My impression is that humans are unusual in that regard. Klingons might have similar problems, or they might not.
  • raziladrazilad Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this episode disappear when the anniversary event is done?
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    razilad wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this episode disappear when the anniversary event is done?
    No. It has been mentioned elsewhere the episode will be available to play, as well as most of the award item options. The Kobali Uniform costume will not be available, though.

And, no, it's not a dumb question. :)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    robeasom wrote: »
    True but even though its a empty shell I don't think they want zombie klingons walking around the place especially since it seems awfully common for kobali to want to return to the past life granted that was human but with the amount of will in a klingon warrior I grant it would be the same

You are assuming that will is the reason that humans have so much trouble adapting to becoming Kobali. It might be a physiological reason. For all we know the human appendix, once transformed, becomes a organ that secrets a hormone, or some such, that messes with the memory changing properties of the transformation.

:: shrug ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • badland101badland101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What about the Kobali Field Stabilizing Warp Core?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The warp core comes on the Samsar cruiser from the Anniversary event. If you miss the ship, you miss the core.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited February 2015
    lan451 wrote: »
    The warp core comes on the Samsar cruiser from the Anniversary event. If you miss the ship, you miss the core.

Knowing Cryptic they will probably put the ship in the lobi store like they did with the Dyson so you can still get the core but it will cost
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just a quick request to dev's please give a option to disable or bypass instant death mechanics in episodes/missions. It wasn't bad on the first run through but its just not a enjoyable mechanic, giving the option to zipline or otherwise bypass the electricity and platforms would have actually made the mission more enjoyable.

Possible bypass options :

- Zipline
    - Overload Energy conduits (disabling the electricity/locking platforms)
    - Climb the rocks across avoiding electricity
    - Modify Tricorder and toss combadge for a site to site transport
    - Climb across the wall
    - Shoot and fuse the Energy conduits
    - Vaporize a groove in the wall to walk along

there's lots of possibility that would have really decreased respawn annoyance and added some interesting options to the mission.

A great deal of the missions could be improved immensely simply by going through them and adding in new options to solve problems, it also helps to cut down on the feeling of grinding slightly since you can do things differently it also encourages you to keep a eye out for different options rather than just beeline for the end as fast as possible.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    Just a quick request to dev's please give a option to disable or bypass instant death mechanics in episodes/missions. It wasn't bad on the first run through but its just not a enjoyable mechanic, giving the option to zipline or otherwise bypass the electricity and platforms would have actually made the mission more enjoyable.

Possible bypass options :

- Zipline
    - Overload Energy conduits (disabling the electricity/locking platforms)
    - Climb the rocks across avoiding electricity
    - Modify Tricorder and toss combadge for a site to site transport
    - Climb across the wall
    - Shoot and fuse the Energy conduits
    - Vaporize a groove in the wall to walk along

there's lots of possibility that would have really decreased respawn annoyance and added some interesting options to the mission.

A great deal of the missions could be improved immensely simply by going through them and adding in new options to solve problems, it also helps to cut down on the feeling of grinding slightly since you can do things differently it also encourages you to keep a eye out for different options rather than just beeline for the end as fast as possible.

I was thinking that career specific goals would've been perfect in this mission.

The Sci option would modify the personal shields to make you immune to the electrical discharge. The Eng option would be to extend the time that the platforms are extended. The Tac option would just let you blow holes in the maze. I also like the shoot-fuse idea.

And shift things around, the Espionage specialization would allow you to hack the maze and order it down.

I was also thinking that Diplomacy should allow you to talk him down.

I would also like some team career action. The engineer takes the ramp, the tac fuses the ramp conduits, the Sci hacks the force field.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Liked the episode. good follow-up to the story in voy.

but trench scene so laggy and low fps. coudln't see what was going on, boffs really carried me through it

had too much going on in that scene even though can't see it anyway, since you are in a trench.

also, I like how kim and other characters help you complete the objectives.

catacombs puzzles were interesting and provide variety in game. also nice to have a non-combat story to breakup the combat
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Just checking that this mission will be slotting in our mission journal afterwards, and if so what level requirement will it be? I am assuming it is 60 :(

Did this get answered? I couldn't find it today and it wouldn't let me replay it from the featured episode area.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For some reason I can not selecting Dust to Dust, will we be able to redo the mission and still get all the same rewards??
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ran into the same problem. Was wanting to rerun the mission to get another piece of the set, but there's no option to replay it from the "5 Year Anniversary" tab and the mission isn't anywhere else to be found.

Bug or do we need to be lvl 60 now to rerun it? If lvl 60 is now required, thanks for the heads up before hand. :rolleyes:

I should have gotten the pieces sooner.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Ran into the same problem. Was wanting to rerun the mission to get another piece of the set, but there's no option to replay it from the "5 Year Anniversary" tab and the mission isn't anywhere else to be found.

Bug or do we need to be lvl 60 now to rerun it? If lvl 60 is now required, thanks for the heads up before hand. :rolleyes:

I should have gotten the pieces sooner.

Well both points are correct. It's a bug that it can't be played at all just now (Smirk confirmed it will be available again after Thursday's patch), but it will be getting moved to the end of the DR story arc which means it will require level 60.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!