What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Downtime 02-19-2015

Comments

• Options
    azhrarn010azhrarn010 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am very glad I managed to get my R&D stuff locked in before the server exploded again, but this is a little silly. My Doffs won't do much today, and the last Kobali item will have to wait until the weekend thanks to this mess.

My play time during weekdays is really limited, and Thursday downtime (assuming it's back up on schedule) already cuts that time more than in half thanks to the time difference.

Servers really shouldn't be that unstable, and this wasn't even a major patch deployment.

Have a very close look at your maintenance procedure, and see where the critical bottlenecks are, then work to find solutions for them.
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Our Dev team is working to reinitialize the servers, and get Holodeck back up and running.

Current ETA is 3PM PDT, two hours from now, when this message is posted.

We will update you further with more news as we get communiqu
  • Options
    warwolf01warwolf01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice to see our tax returns at work

GG
  • Options
    dolphin63dolphin63 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Originally Posted by ninjazinside View Post
    Just being honest the UK is a service nation I don't like it either but we don't have enough of the valuable industries anymore xD maybe in a few years/decade or more Edinburgh and Glasgow will be able to sustain Scotland but right now they just are not at that point, I honestly don't mind if Scotland decides to be independent I just personally believe in a One-World State, we should stand united as a species not divided as we are. Shows weakness to those aliens that must be out there *Looks around psychotically*

I am a firm believer in following the example set by more intelligent species. In other words the insects. When I put "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on the porch the insects will not eat it. When my doctor tried to get me to take a statin for cholesterol and stop using butter I told him about that. I said "I'll keep my butter and my bad cholesterol and that I thought his cholesterol science was bullock". Just recently the FDA panel suggested as much.

One other thing about insects. They have tons of separate colonies.

In other words many states.

I would imagine that if a One-World State were the way to go nature would have made it such that each distinctly different species of insect would only have a single interconnected global colony, but they don't.
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic could you please refine my dil lithium for me? Pretty please? :D
  • Options
    ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    Sorry mate I quoted the wrong post. :D
    Replying to your comment anyway bud xD since I am an EU Citizen as well :P
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Daleks have exterminated the servers.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good thing I got my Kobali shield earlier today.
    And almost got to do a shuttle Fleet Alert. There were only 2 event maps, though.

Well maybe tomorrow.

Have a good rage.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fecoka71 wrote: »
    If Cryptic has ANY respect for the players they should announce in detail after every delay/breakdown:
    1. What caused the delay/breakdown.
    2. What they will do to prevent it from happening again. (Including firing the incompetent employees.)

That would entail responsibility...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know what? This is the game! RIGHT HERE! I get my jollies from Cryptic's follies! LOL :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ejg2k10 wrote: »

Shhh, don't get the Whovians started.
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ejg2k10 wrote: »

It's the first time intelligent life has been anywhere near the servers.....
  • Options
    zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fecoka71 wrote: »
    Your DEV team is reinitializing the servers? Don't you have operations people? And reinitializing the servers takes TWO hours? What kind of servers are these?

We deserve a complete and detailed descriptions on what went wrong, what you are doing about it, who is responsible and what is done to prevent him/her from failing again!

What's happening is that the monkeys controling the hamsters are sooo smart that they can't be bothered to push the big red button now to reinitialise the servers so there away to have there 46th coffee break of the day.

Now the hamsters are dead soo **** happens I guess.

That's the report today hope Ya enjoyed !!!!!! :D:D:D
    :D
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Earlier, it was supposted to be 2:30 eastern time. then 330pm, 430pm and now it wont be until 6pm??? this is BS!!! Of all Online games I've played, I have never waited or had to wait this long for anygame to finish maintenance!!! I am outraged!

With all the delays from today and this month, they need to reward us for the inconvience!
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It was bound to happen sooner or later. You guys finally got me. Because of my time constraints and having a life, todays update/downtime/TRIBBLE-up is gonna cost me the free ship as I won't have the time to put into it to get all the qmendations I will need. Not to mention the hours I already invested in the event to begin with. What a waste.

Yeah, I used to subscribe and stopped cause of this stuff. And everytime I get close to subscribing again or considering a lifetime sub, this kind of stuff happens.

I'm just a fifty-one year old old TRIBBLE on disability and this is the only game I play and/or like. I bought it through Stardock when it first came out and was so happy I did and fell in love with the game and the folks who played and showed and old goat like me the ropes of gaming but you guys have finally sucked all the joy out of it for me and screwed me out of a ship. Why would I even consider buying a T6 pack? These free ships were basically my hope of staying caught up in the game and the hope that you all get these stupid updates and expansions right.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the first couple of years and had high hopes for the future. To bad it couldn't last.
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Almost every Thursday the past 2 months it is extended downtime followed by oops sorry servers are dead yet Again. Come one get your act together and buy some new servers, this is ridiculous.

Yet again we EU players are screwed during our prime time. Some small compensations might be nice for all this Cough "unforeseen maintenance" Cough for us lifers and subers.

Well enough ranting for tonight and see you tomorrow cause playing the game today is a big fat no no!

Cheers!
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Replying to your comment anyway bud xD since I am an EU Citizen as well :P

Well we can wish :P just hope this eta is for real else I am missing my chance to refine today.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    Cryptic could you please refine my dil lithium for me? Pretty please? :D

and mine please , I only have 1.88 million :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This downtime issue needs to be addressed with the player (aka customer) base by Cryptic/PWE management.

The downtime has been extended YET AGAIN... to 3:00pm PT.
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets Get the Whovians Started. I bet they could fix this
  • Options
    ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dolphin63 wrote: »
    I am a firm believer in following the example set by more intelligent species. In other words the insects. When I put "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on the porch the insects will not eat it. When my doctor tried to get me to take a statin for cholesterol and stop using butter I told him about that. I said "I'll keep my butter and my bad cholesterol and that I thought his cholesterol science was bullock". Just recently the FDA panel suggested as much.

I would imagine that if a One-World State were the way to go nature would have made it such that each distinctly different species of insect would only have a single interconnected global colony, but they don't.
    To Ants the Earth is Galactic size xD, and in all honesty Humanity barely has the resources to push out from our Birth world (Earth), One state alone can not afford to push us beyond the Solar system or even colonize within our own system. And it's already difficult enough to get everyone to agree to just not attack each other, let alone work together. We all fear each other on a national scale. Russia fears NATO, China fears India, Middle East fears both Israel and NATO etc.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    its not the patch. They obviously have some issues with the servers themselves because I have downloaded the patch and was in game. I was able to collect the shards from the R&D on 1 toon, when I went to swap toons is when I got booted.

Yes, it's that time when things go a little crazy. There seems to be network issues popping up lately across the net. We'll just weather it out <temp dips -15F below>.
  • Options
    fecoka71fecoka71 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have enough weathering out to do at my workplace.
    I don't need nor WANT it at game. Especially not to manage unbeleivable incompetence for my money.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't mind the extra downtown. But I'm sure I'll change my mind on that when I can finally get in game only to find the same bugs still not fixed.....boff stations going empty at random, major lag in pve maps and social areas, and skill tray lag when clicking skills, just to name the most recent and annoying bugs.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It was bound to happen sooner or later. You guys finally got me. Because of my time constraints and having a life, todays update/downtime/TRIBBLE-up is gonna cost me the free ship as I won't have the time to put into it to get all the qmendations I will need. Not to mention the hours I already invested in the event to begin with. What a waste.

Yeah, I used to subscribe and stopped cause of this stuff. And everytime I get close to subscribing again or considering a lifetime sub, this kind of stuff happens.

I'm just a fifty-one year old old TRIBBLE on disability and this is the only game I play and/or like. I bought it through Stardock when it first came out and was so happy I did and fell in love with the game and the folks who played and showed and old goat like me the ropes of gaming but you guys have finally sucked all the joy out of it for me and screwed me out of a ship. Why would I even consider buying a T6 pack? These free ships were basically my hope of staying caught up in the game and the hope that you all get these stupid updates and expansions right.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the first couple of years and had high hopes for the future. To bad it couldn't last.

Actually, the event was extended into March. Check your calendar and the postings here on the site.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually... speaking of refining dil. A double refined dil weekend would make up for this catastrophe... a little.
  • Options
    seraphis1seraphis1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Actually, the event was extended into March. Check your calendar and the postings here on the site.

I think they should extend it further by a day so that this farce doesn't interfere with anyone's chances.
  • Options
    acnolowgiaacnolowgia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm kind of on the fence about this. I love STO, I really like the story content, and I do like a lot of the updates they've done recently- like the upgrade system, the Bridge Officer & R&D overhauls, ect. Are there ways they could be improved? Yes- certainly. At the same time, it seems that lately I've been running into more and more bugs or lag issues. I can't help but wonder if maybe the management is pushing too hard to get new stuff out too fast. The stability does seem to be declining slightly overall. Honestly, I wouldn't mind too much if they said they needed to take the game servers offline for a while to fix everything- and by "a while" I mean even up to a week. Sometimes things reach that point- and maybe it has here. I hope not. Would I be a bit frustrated if they did have to do this? Yes, I would. But at the same time, it would show that there is a concerted effort to fix the underlying problems. I've done some programming, and one thing I've learned is that sometimes two bugs that seem COMPLETELY separate are actually connected. That's one reason why I think they may really need to shut everything down and overhaul it all at some point- starting from the first bits of code they wrote 5 years ago, and go through EVERY known bug. At the very least, I think they could completely stop working on coding for new stuff for a bit and let all their programmers go back and work through from the beginning. I'll admit- I have no idea how massive that would be, besides "very". I do know that sometimes all it takes for a breakthrough if for one person who may have worked on something else completely different to take a fresh look at things. That may be all they need.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SHAKE HARDER
    dolphin63 wrote: »

Honestly, I see that as more similar to the fact that all humans don't live in the same house as much as animal political expediency.

Each insect colony, be they wasp, bee, ant, or termite descend from one Queen. They are all the children of either the same mother, her mother, or her daughter. Each colony or hive is a family.

In nature, having the species spread out in multiple colonies across a vast area is also basically an attempt to extinction proof a species. Curiously opposite in humans, like in many things, multiple states can tend to threaten extinction on occasion.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"