Install Arc
Options

Server Downtime 02-19-2015

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seraphis1 wrote: »
    I think they should extend it further by a day so that this farce doesn't interfere with anyone's chances.

Couldn't hurt. I'm glad I already got the ship and got the last set piece last night.
  • Options
    anthagornanthagorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't get it, I really like Delta Rising and I really enjoy the game overall. The price of in-game items is a tad high but not excessive in the way some mobile format games are. I think they could release less ships to buy and other stuff, but overall I think the game is terrific and technical issues are a problem everywhere. I work in support for the NHS and we have downtime as well. Nothing is perfect and this is a game, it's all good.
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone call Dr. Jack Kevorkian
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darpink wrote: »
    I don't mind the extra downtown. But I'm sure I'll change my mind on that when I can finally get in game only to find the same bugs still not fixed.....boff stations going empty at random, major lag in pve maps and social areas, and skill tray lag when clicking skills, just to name the most recent and annoying bugs.

I *do* mind the extra downtime. First they let me wait 6 hours, only to give me a 10 minutes uptime. Where is the professional pride in all of this?! Where is professionalism, period!? If I i did my job like this, I'd get fired on the spot!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    11pm? may as well abandon the days qmendations. cant do too many more of those or il run out of days to get the cruiser.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *casually wanders by*

*stops, does double take*

Is... is this a server downtime thread!?

*grabs popcorn, mashes refresh every two minutes like clockwork*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! These were my favorite forum event back in the day! Been a while since we had a good one!
  • Options
    coneypark71coneypark71 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Have only been playing this game for two weeks and had started to enjoy it.

However, taking this long to patch and bring stable servers back online is unacceptable. At no point have any employees even tried to give us a proper update as to what the issue is that you are having. This either means you haven't worked it out or it's an issue you want to keep quite.

I'm a UK based player so you have had the servers off since 2pm today and now say won't have them running again until 11pm - 9 hours.

I don't think I'm inclined to invest my time or money in a game that has this kind of downtime. It's a disgrace and anyone who thinks it isn't must be mental.

I notice you have had time to update the news section the details of 20% Weekend Lobi Sale - good use of time that is.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reports are in and we are experiencing unexpected server downtime, and our team is investigating.

We will get you an ETA as soon as we can.

We apologize for the additional downtime everyone, we are manning our posts and hope to get you back in-game asap.

Assemble the Red Shirt Tribbles!

~CaptainSmirk

Is this server farm part of the big DDoS going on?
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    carefulsammycarefulsammy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    *casually wanders by*

*stops, does double take*

Is... is this a server downtime thread!?

*grabs popcorn, mashes refresh every two minutes like clockwork*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! These were my favorite forum event back in the day! Been a while since we had a good one!

Haha I must say I too am Enjoying it if not scared to ever go out back to a world of people who seem a little touchy lol
  • Options
    zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic news this Thursday...

Let's start off with the world weather

As we can see in parts of North America and all over this part of North America, Canada and South America you can see the servers are down.

Over in Europe its the same story. If fact the whole world is having these problems.

Back to you Dave....

In other news Cryptic servers have been discovered to have been from 2003 just shows you how ****e they are just like most of the staff at cryptic. This has been a growing problem and has no end in sight.

If you have been experiencing these problems call our user friendly number : 123 456 789 and you will be put through with one of there customer service team in about 5 years.

That's all tonight please join us next Thursday at the same time.

From all the team her **** you cryptic.

Bye
    :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why do these hamsters keep dying? Has cryptic not several kobali on their payroll?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    11pm? may as well abandon the days qmendations. cant do too many more of those or il run out of days to get the cruiser.

That's why the first thing I do when I log in is reload my dailies. That way I can keep the timing consistent.
  • Options
    ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Humanity is in a Unique point with how long our life spans are, not too long and not too short. We also have enough of an understanding to realize that this planet is not the safe haven we believed it to be. It is on a teetering pin, slowing down to that point it will eventually stop and fall. Earth will become barren in time, and I wish for Humanity to persevere at least beyond the lifespan of our Homeworld. A fractured humanity has already brought us too close to complete destruction of society (The Cold War) and simply with all the ideologies that are still rife today that lie, and use deceit and play our instincts to gain more control. Subversive elements of our societies, profiteers. We will never be truly free of them. But how fractured we are is proof we need to Unify or at least start thinking less of just Mine and My own, we have lost what made nations great in the past. A sense of Community. And at this point I would find it entirely appropriate to view our community as the entirety of Humanity. We can contact almost any human on the planet now. That's my mind state and point. We have too much committed to one egg, and if it turns sour we are well and truly screwed.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Haha I agree mate, but I ken Scotland can't sustain its self the now but who knows, maybe in the future when we are all on starships not getting the work done in time XD

And now all I can picture reading this post is Taysiders in Space... :D

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Have only been playing this game for two weeks and had started to enjoy it.

However, taking this long to patch and bring stable servers back online is unacceptable. At no point have any employees even tried to give us a proper update as to what the issue is that you are having. This either means you haven't worked it out or it's an issue you want to keep quite.

I'm a UK based player so you have had the servers off since 2pm today and now say won't have them running again until 11pm - 9 hours.

I don't think I'm inclined to invest my time or money in a game that has this kind of downtime. It's a disgrace and anyone who thinks it isn't must be mental.

its a regular thing on this game. but the door is there if you dont like it, cryptic wont change because you ask them to or how entitled you think you are.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I *do* mind the extra downtime. First they let me wait 6 hours, only to give me a 10 minutes uptime. Where is the professional pride in all of this?! Where is professionalism, period!? If I i did my job like this, I'd get fired on the spot!
    Read what I said again but in a more sarcastic frame of mind. ;)

My point was that even with the extra downtime I'm sure none of the most recent swarm of bugs will be fixed.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I gave up on the qmendations 4 days after its start of it. Mainly because nothing worked right and still don't work right They have fixed nothing that I can see, except how to keep us from playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Is this server farm part of the big DDoS going on?

*Puts on her tinfoil hat*

Could very well be true. You don't just take chat servers offline 'indefinitely', unless you're under some sort of siege. Would be nice if we ever got told the truth about it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    That's why the first thing I do when I log in is reload my dailies. That way I can keep the timing consistent.

i dont have a fixed time when i do my stuff, lots of stuff and there is no reason to explain what and why because thats life, it happens.

couldnt do it before hand because the day before it was well outside the 4 hour cooldown window.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    And now all I can picture reading this post is Taysiders in Space... :D

Haha you got me picturing that now! XD

"auch away and dinny talk pish"
  • Options
    shraannshraann Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic news this Thursday...

Let's start off with the world weather

As we can see in parts of North America and all over this part of North America, Canada and South America you can see the servers are down.

Over in Europe its the same story. If fact the whole world is having these problems.

Back to you Dave....

In other news Cryptic servers have been discovered to have been from 2003 just shows you how ****e they are just like most of the staff at cryptic. This has been a growing problem and has no end in sight.

If you have been experiencing these problems call our user friendly number : 123 456 789 and you will be put through with one of there customer service team in about 5 years.

That's all tonight please join us next Thursday at the same time.

From all the team her **** you cryptic.

Bye

This was beautiful..
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We are working to bring the shards back up and beginning our next phase in the repairs/tests.

We should have an updated ETA for you in approx 1 hour from now.

Thanks again everyone!

~Smirk
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    darpink wrote: »
    Read what I said again but in a more sarcastic frame of mind. ;)

My point was that even with the extra downtime I'm sure none of the most recent swarm of bugs will be fixed.

Why, my sense of humor left about 2 hours ago. :P But I hear ya now.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ninjazinsideninjazinside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll just keep watching Sargon of Akkad, have a good laugh whilst I wait, or play some game on the xbox 360, letting the brother use the Xbox One, cause I'm so huggy muggy nice. Blah
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fecoka71 wrote: »
    Your DEV team is reinitializing the servers? Don't you have operations people? And reinitializing the servers takes TWO hours? What kind of servers are these?

We deserve a complete and detailed descriptions on what went wrong, what you are doing about it, who is responsible and what is done to prevent him/her from failing again!

Well... it could take two hours if they are reinitializing from bare hardware..... install the OS, drivers, network management, etc. and then install the game (server side) and link up the databases, etc....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    We are working to bring the shards back up and beginning our next phase in the repairs/tests.

Thanks again everyone!

~Smirk

Not exactly inspiring...
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Thanks again everyone!

~Smirk

Ok smirk what kinda monkeys do you have working there this must be there 47th coffee break today. Tut tut
  • Options
    coneypark71coneypark71 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    its a regular thing on this game. but the door is there if you dont like it, cryptic wont change because you ask them to or how entitled you think you are.

I think I am allowed to express my opinion without you making comments about my "sense of entitlement"
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find the concept of having to wait to see how long we'll have to wait amusing.
  • Options
    ejg2k10ejg2k10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    See yall in 20 years at our Cryptic STO reunion