test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you support a PvP balance pass if it help the PvE meta?

Comments

• j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not a PvP player so maybe I'm biased, but I'm more in favor of completely separating PvP from PvE.

I've read posts where people in favor of "balanced" pvp had a big list of conditions. I know PvP balance doesn't mean that to everyone, (or maybe even most players), but there are some who will never be satisfied unless ridiculous conditions are imposed on PvP, (e.g. no traits, blue mk x gear only, etc).

If players want more restrictions on PvP, then make it totally separate so it doesn't affect PvE at all. Then let the players define what they want to allow and not allow before the match. You know, like switch off traits or auto set gear quality.

It's what some PvP players seem to have been trying to do on their own, and maybe if Cryptic gave players the ability to customize the matches in this way it would entice people to try it out. Maybe a new meta would arise around various match types. Seems like it would be a lot of work to implement though.

I'm not sure imposing limitations/adjustments equally to PvP and PvE would at all benefit the PvE meta.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    I cant wait for your witless response :)

Ahh, did someone survive your alpha? I'm so sorry for your loss.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.