Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    the outcome is invalid due to, from a statistical pov, totally wrong asked questions

Those are some impressive mental gymnastics.

"The problem is asking the wrong questions! If they asked the questions I wanted them to ask the votes would be 1000000000000% aligned with my own personal opinions!"

Somebody needs a good hit to the statisticals.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Remember when we used to be explorers? Starfleet's mission is to seek out new life and new civilizations.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Those are some impressive mental gymnastics.

"The problem is asking the wrong questions! If they asked the questions I wanted them to ask the votes would be 1000000000000% aligned with my own personal opinions!"

Somebody needs a good hit to the statisticals.

The questions are very biased, they are also very vague. More PvP queues, does that mean more 1v1 or 5v5 or more open battlegrounds like the now broken Ker'rat?

More Exploration could mean anything. Exploring ones naval doesn't necessarily seeing or investigating something you haven't seen before...

Questions which actually asked about what people wanted, rather than hey here's some throwaway questions to keep you busy while we do what we planned regardless, would be far more appreciated IMO.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    ednathepimpednathepimp Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The questions are very biased, they are also very vague. More PvP queues, does that mean more 1v1 or 5v5 or more open battlegrounds like the now broken Ker'rat?

More Exploration could mean anything. Exploring ones naval doesn't necessarily seeing or investigating something you haven't seen before...

Questions which actually asked about what people wanted, rather than hey here's some throwaway questions to keep you busy while we do what we planned regardless, would be far more appreciated IMO.

More pvp queue with curent bs broken game = nothing.Thanks to PvE and devs the game is unplayable so more pvp queues is like asking a guy dying of lung cancer if he wants to smoke more to cure his cancer.
  • Options
    scrdrscrdr Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PvE has had to much given to them give PvP some time. The more different type's of game play in this game will keep more ppl in the game plus more money for gear at the end? This game is going dead as there is so much for PvE and nothing else. There is only so much you can do at top lvl so PvP gives you more of a challenge.
    Please help PvP!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    Its pointless to vote for PvP because PvP is pay to win

If it was balanced by some miracle

The next lock box ship and its over powered duty officers ands its overpowered traits would break it once more

That's how pay to win works and this is a pay to win game

If they made a version of pvp without these pay to win features...And they will not !

Many people would play it, but if cryptic cant make cash on it there not going to make it

And were back to pay to win
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Its pointless to vote for PvP because PvP is pay to win

If it was balanced by some miracle

The next lock box ship and its over powered duty officers ands its overpowered traits would break it once more

That's how pay to win works and this is a pay to win game

If they made a version of pvp without these pay to win features...And they will not !

Many people would play it, but if cryptic cant make cash on it there not going to make it

And were back to pay to win

agreed but that is the whole point they wrote it that way...so people don't vote pvp.Ofcourse everyone wants pvp to be balanced and more queue wont help but they dont want pvp anyway .Remember that they made the poll after the most p2w broken content ever DR.
  • Options
    robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A vote for exploration from me, but also wanted to throw in a Tier 6 ship idea: the Vulcan Suurok class from Enterprise (or Surak class if you prefer).

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Suurok_class

For me it's one of the best-looking ships from canon, and would fit in perfectly with a theme of expansion of the 'home sectors' northwest of Sol with the opening of sector space borders, plus exploration generally.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The questions are very biased, they are also very vague.

They are intentionally vague. People are reading into these questions more than they need to.

More PvP Queues could mean any number of things and could be accompanied by any manner of changes, including the fabled "Major PvP Update". People are being short-sighted in what the polls "really" mean or trying to read between the lines when there's no lines to be read between. It's a pretty simple poll being given. People are treating it like a bomb to be defused and trying to clip the right colored wires.

They're stressing themselves out more over this than they should.

There is a reason these questions were an opinion poll and not a design poll. They weren't asking how players think they should design various things, they were asking what mattered most to people.

If for some reason the PvP thing garnered more votes than anything else, you can be sure all eyes would be on that ball. If for whatever reason PvP queues got an overwhelming vote, the extremely vague "PvP Queues" would later turn out to be far more than what was given in the poll.

It could be that, but like any other thing was voted on, it could be anything, and accompanied by any manner of new development, ideas, or technologies.

If that's the case. If they wanted to give us throwaway questions, they would have done so way before Delta Rising, but they didn't. If anything, these 'throwaway questions' could be taken at face value.

"What is most important to you?"

And future design decisions may be focused with these things in mind.

Back when STO launched, Zink had a poll over what faction players wanted to see most. Romulans got an overwhelming majority of votes. Note that in the poll, Zink said absolutely nothing about how they would approach a Romulan faction (or the fact it would take 3 years to get to that point). It was just an opinion poll. That was it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Back when STO launched, Zink had a poll over what faction players wanted to see most. Romulans got an overwhelming majority of votes. Note that in the poll, Zink said absolutely nothing about how they would approach a Romulan faction (or the fact it would take 3 years to get to that point). It was just an opinion poll. That was it.

...And there's the problem. Everyone's worried that when Cryptic DOES get around to their feature of choice, they'll do something somewhere between silly and unwanted, and outright dumb. Personally, even after the Romulan sub-faction launch, I prefer to stay optimistic about major changes, but I understand why people feel the way they do.
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Heck, I wish the game supported 3rd party addons so we could make certain things easier. That won't happen though so I voted for exploration missions.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2015
    What would I like to see more of?

Bug fixes
  • Options
    lefthand5t0nerlefthand5t0ner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want space anomaly's during deep space travel (gravitational stress close to suns or black holes, radiation damage in nebula's, wormholes etc.)
    Realistic 3D Galaxy map!
  • Options
    trevilx2trevilx2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3 PVP Planet Types - Only able to be accessed by fleets who want to conquer and dominate or liberate the planet.

Dominating a planet will drain the resources and take everything that was stored on the planet splitting it to guild members of a certain level.
    Liberating a planet will need development plans and allow fleet members to contribute and constantly defend to setup a powerful base.

With that said here are the features.

If a planet is claimed they cannot be attacked for 48 hours allowing them time to develop defenses up to level 2. As planets are developed the resources gained increase. If successfully defended the planet is protected again for 20 - 24 hours. Allowing multiple attacks and continuous rotation of owners. If defended 5 times a bonus pay out is given to the guild members of certain levels. Allowing them to create guild events on the planets.

Fleet marks and Accolades: Are rewarded to all members who participate in guild defense and attacks based on kills, defense of areas, restoration of defenses, destruction of defenses, etc.

Planet 1: Sand - Rich in R&D materials, Dilithium Mines and Doff officer blue on 24 hr with crit Purple chance. Base can be setup allowing exchange, banks, meeting areas, ship customization additional features.

Planet 2: Jungle - Rich in pets that can be captured, traded and sold, R&D materials and pay per entry EC generator Vacation spots that splits to guild members of certain levels. Base can be setup allowing exchange, banks, meeting areas, ship customization additional features.

Planet 3: City - Developed environment with bank, exchange already in place, ship customization, 50% sale of items boost, dilithium planet missions - bounty hunter type. Able to enhance areas for dilithium mine, R&D materials. Base can be setup allowing meeting areas.

Planets can be instanced and or more than one of the same type across universe in specific areas.

Defense - Options - Space
    Defense Sensor satellites - L3 Space for alerting entire fleets
    Defense Space turrets - L2 for defense support
    Defense Shield Mines or Energy Shield - L1 Defense-

Defense - Options - Ground
    3 Areas to defend - Control Tower (last) - City Area (second) - Resource Areas (first)
    Defense Tanks - L3 Ground
    Defense Personnel - L2 Ground
    Defense Alert - L1 Ground - Alerting all fleet members.

Attack is timed 1hr max or 30 mins max depending on size of city development.
  • Options
    raquel013raquel013 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think in all fairness the exploration could be used as diplomatic encounters. It seems to me that makers forgot what star trek was all about. Not in every situation they fought every time they engaged an enemy. There is where i think a lot of Diplomatic points can be made.

I also think we need pet bags separate from our main bags to free up space. Not only that I think the idea in itself is sound.

I would also request that we be able to use screenshots as pictures in our offices aboard ship. Share a wonderful moment if you will :P

Revamp some of the kit looks with completed belt systems. Not ones that stop near connection like we currently have.

Also a button that can swap between traits for ground and space instead of having to re position the ones we have to match a situation. Example a mission start off in space ...space trait active. Next section ground ..button to swap and load ground traits without leaving the mission that's underway.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »
    ...And there's the problem. Everyone's worried that when Cryptic DOES get around to their feature of choice, they'll do something somewhere between silly and unwanted, and outright dumb. Personally, even after the Romulan sub-faction launch, I prefer to stay optimistic about major changes, but I understand why people feel the way they do.

So why do they even bother throwing in their two cents on the forums? I mean, I understand the perception sometimes that Cryptic can do no right.

But either they are willing to give Cryptic a chance at it, or they aren't. If they aren't going to give them a chance, then what is the point of spewing fear and paranoia? They've obviously lost all faith in Cryptic and the game itself, so why are they masochistic about it?

Do they enjoy getting angry over the fact Cryptic continually screws up? Are they happy over the fact they're disappointed or irritated with how the game is? Because that's what masochism is.

I just don't understand some of these people on the forums. They want beneficial and meaningful changes to the game but whenever a vague opening is made that might possibly lead to a beneficial and meaningful change, they're all too willing to jump on the paranoia bandwagon about how whatever it is they do will end up ruining the game forevers and evers. :confused:
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    deadman200deadman200 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    t should definitely be addressed to the bridge crew that they can also use kits and more spaceships as carrier it Solte also right battleships enter the hangar going to go in the case of the carrier vessels kan
  • Options
    diogo80diogo80 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really my vote would be more for expansion of PVE. We had much of the sames ones for years. Be nice if they changed more and were more random. Improved version of no win scenario is what I think is needed. PVE's with more random content and random situations. There needs something to break cycle of grinding the gets boring.
  • Options
    ir0ncladbravoir0ncladbravo Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see deep space exploration with its own side story line to bring the true Trek out of this game missions where decisions are made that that will effect how other missions that are available to you.
    Example going in with all weapons blazing for a diplomatic mission will make it more difficult for diplomatic missions further down the line as new races will not trust you.
    I would also like to see Movies available based on the episodes we already have YET tell its own story and can stand alone if necessary :cool:

I can see from Dust to Dust that another part of Delta Rising is going to come through the way has been set with Voyager in the Delta Quadrant Investigating the Krenim this seems likely and I would love to see the Krenim doing my own version of The Year Of Hell
    Everytime I see complaints about the same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lateralus1701lateralus1701 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I chose exploration missions, but the choices I really want weren't included, which are:

1) Bug fixes

Bugs are rampant in this game, and the only reason I log in are to do R&D projects. I complete the ones that finish, start new ones, and then log out. Rinse, repeat. The main reason why is because there are far too many bugs in this game to make it really worth playing anymore. I continue working on R&D in the hopes that you will fix them, but until then, I'm playing other games.

My biggest bug gripe? On the ground in RPG mode, when I'm on autofire and my target auto-switches to a target that is off screen or nearly off screen, the camera keeps jerking back and forth between where I was originally looking and where my new target is. I have to manually move my camera to get it to stop. This bug has been around since Head Start. Yes, I have been playing that long. I'm not saying that to imply that I'm anything special, but rather to illustrate Cryptic's woefully abysmal track record at fixing bugs that have plagued this game for years now. I've lost faith.

2) A revamp of existing PvE queues

Look, you guys have made some pretty darned cool new PvE queues, and some of the old ones are oldies but goodies. They have massive potential. But the balance between rewards vs. time invested is completely out of whack. We invest far too much time in many of the new queues to make them worthwhile due to the lackluster rewards they offer. And gimping the queues that people do enjoy does not shift us to the queues that we don't; it simply means we have no reason to continue playing the game...period. Well, this is true for me, anyway...I don't want to speak for anybody else.

You're just trying to discourage people from playing the queues they enjoy, instead of encouraging them to play the queues they don't. I like the Undine queues, but their rewards are pathetic. And with some tweaking of the gameplay of the queues themselves, they could be a much more viable option. I like having a lot of queues to choose from, I want a wide variety of options available as it keeps things interesting. But when 80% (that's just my estimate) of them are buggy, offer lame rewards, or just simply aren't that interesting to play, they no longer become viable options.

I don't post very often (obviously, just look at my post count), so when I do, it's because I feel very strongly about something. I'm one of those people who play the game and don't come to the forums. So when one of those people actually do come the forums to express their perceptions, it would behoove you to take notice.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone tell me the difference between...

"More Episodes & Exploration Content"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Someone tell me the difference between...

"More Episodes & Exploration Content"

Episodes = Continuing the storyline in STO

Exploration Content = Continuing the storyline of your own personal character.

Episodes are more or less just stories, and your character is brought along for the ride.

Exploration is not necessarily connected to the storyline of STO, but your own personal progress.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Voted "More Episodes" - Seems more "Trek" to me if I can log on, get some new story. It can be exploration, it can be "God like being of the week", or whatever.

I can't rank the rest really without Cavets.

"Exploration" does not mean what you think it does, and makes for boring missions to many (IMHO). Good for us, not so good for paying public. Think explore like games (Tomb Raider 1 comes to mind. Little fights, lot's to explore). Dust to Dust, was hated by some because it was too Tomb Raider (platform wise, but what else is there?). Do you want to log in and answer walls of text, or search for a elusive item, and/or jump through hoops ? I wouldn't mind, but can I still just go grind to use up time?

Fleet Functionality. Really, less missions to add easier ways to do things for a fleet, that you could do with more work? I'd rather have a new grind patrol than a new option for fleet email. Spend time to entertain me, not make a job I "Volunteered" for easier. Yeah I get it's social, but really, less content more "fleet funcitionality"?

PvP. Make it better, why not? I don't want to do it, I won't do it. I learn alot from it. Just do the Guild Wars thing and make the powers/skills act different while in PvP. Balance seperately. PVE only needs to learn one way, and PvP players are so good that learning two ways to use powers are childs play.

Foundry. Yeah open it up. So much TRIBBLE, but some good stuff. It's like music. Give everyone a chance to play the flute and we'll decide how hard they blow.:P

Other Notes.

Bug Fixes. Duh, but people should learn what's practical, what's PEBKAC, and what's WAI.

XP. It's a MMO, learn to grind/farm. Sell ways out in the C-Store. Neverwinter has a way to just buy completion of adventure arcs, put ways to buy Spec points in.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    ashukaashuka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    #1 Tied for exploration missions and episodes... more playable content period.

#2 More fleet content

#3 Make the foundry interesting.

#4 pvp because I don't care about it. Its so far out of balance its not salvageable in my opinion.

Why are more PvE instances/STFs not even on the list?

#1 thing we DON'T need are more ships.

#2 Is changes to systems that already work fine. (Like bridge officers).

In short, we need a reason to keep playing, not keep paying.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Vote more for antisocial singleplayer content.

I want a option to play sto offline....I dont need a server to play singleplayer episodes and fly around "exploring" .
  • Options
    erebozz86erebozz86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @Erebozz86 says: More PvP

Including more balanced PvP, of course *dreaming* ;)
  • Options
    beefydegreebeefydegree Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PvE Content for Elite Borg Missions. So that we can get our Omega Styles 2, and 3, and 4? And please, fix the PvP. (I don't care about it, but, there's a lot of people do wants to play it. And balanced)
This discussion has been closed.