test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about PvP functionality for the Foundry?
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • alhuiatalhuiat Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cbp4964 wrote: »
    There's merit in alot of suggestions, but there is one in particular that I admit I'd really like to see introduced, and there are others I know who also like the idea. You know those extra ships that many of us have, but rarely use anymore? I have about 30 of them on my main character, and they all have full loadouts of weapons and most of the consoles filled. I can switch to any of them at any time and none of them will pull weapons from another. Which brings the idea, wouldn't it be cool if I could share these? Maybe turn command of some over to bridge officers with a trained specialization, for help in a mission. Maybe loan some out to friends and fleetmates, so they can use their own boffs and captain skills to see how my ships handle. That could even end up in a few extra ship purchases from the z-store, if any of them like what they see. Would be a really cool option to see in a future update.

It's a bit of a coincidence, but I was thinking the same thing about one's own ships - allowing your boffs to use them so you have support on a mission if it is difficult or put together and equip ships with your own weapons and console layouts so they could be sold on the exchange for other players to buy if they need something more powerful for a mission. Like the Miranda Class set up with some Fleet Phaser Beam Arrays and a Fleet Quantum Torpedo Launcher for instance. That's just an example, but you get my point. :) I do understand the negative side to that, but what of the constructive criticism on that aspect?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm tempted to vote for Exploration, but since I have no idea what it would mean, I won't.

The "exploration" missions that previously used to be in the clusters before they were turned into doff assigmnent hotspots, made me feel like a delivery boy, not an explorer. "Go to planet Nobodycares and press a button on 3-5 random inanimate objects, or kill some random enemies standing around doing nothing, or maybe both at the same time, then beam out." Doesn't exactly inspire the Trek vibe in me. I'm glad they were removed.

If you can make exploration missions that make the player feel like a captain of a ship going where no man has gone before, to find new life and civilization and so on, instead of an first-year Academy cadet being sent on a snipe hunt by some jerk upperclassmen, then I'll vote for Exploration.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I picked exploration; but considering how the last player poll in which the Krenim for DeltaQ X-Pack "won" turned out my expectations are not very high.
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So nearly 20% of the player base that actually care about the game enough to vote are pvpers!

That goes against the perceived metrics, time for action devs please!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So nearly 20% of the player base that actually care about the game enough to vote are pvpers!

That goes against the perceived metrics, time for action devs please!

Nice Spin! There are many candidates for office coming up that can use this sort of service!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, with the poll closed, we have a clear winner. However, I believe if we look at previous polls and how long it takes the the devs to plan things out, Exploration probably won't make it into the game till at least season 11/Expansion 3 if it's coming on the horizon.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    with the pole turnout, i wouldn't be surprised if they disregard the results totally. i doubt the number of voters would even surpass a reasonable margin of error for the current regular player base
    edited February 2015
    with the pole turnout, i wouldn't be surprised if they disregard the results totally. i doubt the number of voters would even surpass a reasonable margin of error for the current regular player base

Well, they did say the poll was only for the forum users. Though, I can assume that some might have attempted to make another forum account to get another vote for their choice.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Consider it another way;
    68.52% (the combined total votes for Exploration and Episodes) want more Solo Player content in their "MMO". i.e. content that does not involve other real persons, nor require the involvement of other real persons.

i.e. they don't want to deal with other players in their third-person action shooter.

but the sample is less than 1% of the game's population as claimed by the company (and the company would know), and it's a smaller raw number, as well as smaller percentage, than it was in the last poll in 2012. THAT situation mabye kinda should bother you a bit, being as it supports assertions by certain Cryptic/PWE employees that the Forums aren't a good place to get feedback, because nobody's using them.

That is pretty much how I consider it and how I voted.

Also, I think it's fair to say that the forum-goers do not represent the overall playerbase - with a massive overrepresentation of pvpers and dps channelers here.

Still, I think the results of the poll speak for themselves.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More Episodes VERY MUCH YES!
    Exploration Missions Yes!
    More Fleet Functionality Yes!
    More Foundry Functionality Yes!

PvP: NEVER! NIL! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The typical western government public poll uses a sample size of only 1000 adults, which they then use to extrapolate the "opinions" of the greater public. We've had over 2000 votes in this poll, so it's valid from that stand point.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game.

Yes it is. But it is meant to be played as a SINGLE PLAYER game.

If you do not see this, you're not playing the game. At least not as it is meant to be played.

Star Trek is about ONE Ship. ONE Captain.

Everyone else...besides Spock...is a NPC.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for asking us, Smirk. BTW, who's in charge of "quality of life" improvements? Basic improvements and bug fixes weren't one of the options. More and more (dozens) of new ships are added to the game every year without adding any more slots to put them in. For those who don't know, there is a limit to the number of ship slots you can buy and it doesn't sound like that will change soon.

I'm trying to rally support for the ability to reclaim ANY ship you've had in the game (not just C-store ships) or at least re-box them. Sounds like that would fall under quality of life improvements.
    f86cqFw.png
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we get a balance PVP option :D
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All the nitpicking how relevant the % numbers of the STO forum goers in comparison to the complete STO playerbase is. Easy answer:

100% of those STO players not going to make the forum poll vote do not care enough or are satisfied with any of the results which makes the forum poll 100% relevant. +/- 1% error value :cool:
    edited February 2015
    he11blade wrote: »
    Thanks for asking us, Smirk. BTW, who's in charge of "quality of life" improvements? Basic improvements and bug fixes weren't one of the options. More and more (dozens) of new ships are added to the game every year without adding any more slots to put them in. For those who don't know, there is a limit to the number of ship slots you can buy and it doesn't sound like that will change soon.

I'm trying to rally support for the ability to reclaim ANY ship you've had in the game (not just C-store ships) or at least re-box them. Sounds like that would fall under quality of life improvements.

Bug fixes weren't an option because they're working on trying to fix the bugs. It seems that bugs get fixed the fastest when players work with devs like Crypticfrost to help them reproduce the bugs faster and send them off to get corrected.

Plus, there are only so many devs that can work on certain bugs. Tacofangs can fix bugs relating to the environment but he is not able to fix bugs that relate to the UI or to ships. That's for a different department.

And as far as increasing ship slots go, we last had an increase of 20 slots during the 4th anniversary. As it stands right now, we all start with 2 slots (from the May 8 2014). We get 5 more total for free for leveling up (at least as a free player, 1 from the shuttle requisition). If enough people want an increase, they may do it. For now, you're out of luck if you have anything other than a c-store ship.

• spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hanguko wrote: »
    I want PvP, we all do. /QUOTE]

Cleary "we" don't.
  • xaviermace86xaviermace86 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Must be a problem with my browser, because I don't see the bug fix option.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited February 2015
    hanguko wrote: »
    I want PvP, we all do.

Cleary "we" don't.

clearly the poll shows that the content that cost cryptic the least got the most votes...that is PvP.

now they can make pvp and make the game have success or make 1000 people happy and kill the game in 3 to 6 months.Pretty sure those 1025 explorers spend alot of money in game.
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I`me on board for Exploration Missions second a lot of Bug Fix pls !!!
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    when the results of this poll is counted

Cryptic needs to email all of its customers who have put money into the game with real follow up questions to these vague questions in this poll
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited February 2015
    clearly the poll shows that the content that cost cryptic the least got the most votes...that is PvP.

now they can make pvp and make the game have success or make 1000 people happy and kill the game in 3 to 6 months.Pretty sure those 1025 explorers spend alot of money in game.

Nothing has been spent on PvP from the games creation ive heard a lot of pvpers say

nothing has been spent on exploration either...what was here cryptic removed and yes it was very poor 1980s content

Another alien ship some traits some modules or duty officers will be out next month for all the pay to win E-Peen';s

So it will be business as usual

However if a decent Exploration with follow up colonization , territory control is established a LOT of solo players will be spending Zen dilithium god forbid even cash to buy all of the follow up goodies exploration will open up for them

Landing gear console for your BOP or Intrepid..........25000 dilithium
    The possibilitys are endless

Expand your colonist roster by 20 .......... 250 zen

Just depends on what cryptic does with it

I would enjoy balanced PvP but I already know balanced and pay to win cannot work together so I offer no support to a Futile gesture of attempting to balance something that cannot stay balanced...which is PvP

• horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    posted by notrealaccount

That makes no sense at all. PvP did not accumulate the most votes. In your case any money you contribute to this game would likely have to be divided by no less than three because you have probably voted on at least three separate accounts.

It's a shame for the PvP community that you are so vocal. There are some PvP players who have stated their case with care and consideration. In essence it would be nice to see these people get something that they want simply because it is easy to empathize with them.

A voice like your own closes ears. What I want for you is disdain and people dismissing your foolish comments for the drivel that they are. I don't have to wish; You invite it.

I have to wonder if you actually hate PvP and want to see it ignored. Acting as an "ambassador" for that segment of the game you have actively worked to alienate people who might support your interests if you weren't so intentionally unlikeable.

Maybe I'm mistaken and and you really are so ignorant you don't know what antisocial means. In some other posts you threw the word around quite a bit. You attributed the tendency to PvE players. This may come as a surprise but PvE allows for cooperative game play. The opposition may be the AI but you are working together to defeat it with other players.

Maybe you would be capable of better understanding how to interact with other people on the forum and in other areas of your life if you stopped trying to view other people or players for that matter as the enemy. You may PvP but you play with yourself.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

Nothing has been spent on PvP from the games creation ive heard a lot of pvpers say

nothing has been spent on exploration either...what was here cryptic removed and yes it was very poor 1980s content

Another alien ship some traits some modules or duty officers will be out next month for all the pay to win E-Peen';s

So it will be business as usual

However if a decent Exploration with follow up colonization , territory control is established a LOT of solo players will be spending Zen dilithium god forbid even cash to buy all of the follow up goodies exploration will open up for them

Landing gear console for your BOP or Intrepid..........25000 dilithium
    The possibilitys are endless

Expand your colonist roster by 20 .......... 250 zen

Just depends on what cryptic does with it

I would enjoy balanced PvP but I already know balanced and pay to win cannot work together so I offer no support to a Futile gesture of attempting to balance something that cannot stay balanced...which is PvP

Exploration MISSIONS ,episodes ....Delta quadrand ,Tau dewa ...nope nothing was spent on exploration.

trolling much?
    That makes no sense at all. PvP did not accumulate the most votes. In your case any money you contribute to this game would likely have to be divided by no less than three because you have probably voted on at least three separate accounts.

It's a shame for the PvP community that you are so vocal. There are some PvP players who have stated their case with care and consideration. In essence it would be nice to see these people get something that they want simply because it is easy to empathize with them.

A voice like your own closes ears. What I want for you is disdain and people dismissing your foolish comments for the drivel that they are. I don't have to wish; You invite it.

I have to wonder if you actually hate PvP and want to see it ignored. Acting as an "ambassador" for that segment of the game you have actively worked to alienate people who might support your interests if you weren't so intentionally unlikeable.

Maybe I'm mistaken and and you really are so ignorant you don't know what antisocial means. In some other posts you threw the word around quite a bit. You attributed the tendency to PvE players. This may come as a surprise but PvE allows for cooperative game play. The opposition may be the AI but you are working together to defeat it with other players.

Maybe you would be capable of better understanding how to interact with other people on the forum and in other areas of your life if you stopped trying to view other people or players for that matter as the enemy. You may PvP but you play with yourself.

PvP got by far the most votes per $ invested in it .The only ignorant person here is you.

sad part is after they will spend another wave of money on the same boring singleplayer episodes 99,9% of people who voted here will be gone so I wont be able to laugh at any pve heroes who wanted singleplayer content in a MMO.

huh i know what anti social means.Its what people who hate to be around other people are called ...you see them voting for exploration and other singleplayer stuffs .I vote for Star Trek Offline....can play episodes with no server running.
    They did say that they know PvP is broken, and this is smashed and that is buggered as well that so and so is sodded to hell, so wheres the fix for it or indeed the whole game?

Actually in the last podcast Geko said the game is fine and those who play pvp don't know how to play it.Its like the grind thing in pve...its not really there is just people who report it don't know better .
    edited February 2015
    Exploration MISSIONS ,episodes ....Delta quadrand ,Tau dewa ...nope nothing was spent on exploration.

trolling much?

I see what you scribbled............Don't see anything exploration about any of it..........missions episodes are not exploration just so you know

Seriously.............

PvP got by far the most votes per $ invested in it .The only ignorant person here is you.

Show your Facts

Put up or shut up

Guess you TRIBBLE the cryptic accout paid data base and have everyones credit card information as well ?

just
    just saying..........................

edited February 2015

Show your Facts

Put up or shut up

Guess you TRIBBLE the cryptic accout paid data base and have everyones credit card information as well ?

just
    just saying..........................

press M in game and thats facts.....2 new sector blocks to explore full with missions and episodes.

now you show me what was invested in PvP.

you sure troll much around here or you dont play the game and like to chat on the forums.
    edited February 2015
    press M in game and thats facts.....2 new sector blocks to explore full with missions and episodes.

you sure troll much around here or you dont play the game and like to chat on the forums.

Like I said there isn't anything exploration about any of that

Its missions and episodes just slightly less worthless as a end game investment than PvP is

I guess I play as much as you do Huh ?

Don't worry you get a new lock box next month

edited February 2015

Like I said there isn't anything exploration about any of that

Its missions and episodes just slightly less worthless as a end game investment than PvP is

I guess I play as much as you do Huh ?

Don't worry you get a new lock box next month

oh so the content is worthless.Not my fault you are never happy.Go QQ in podcasts about npcs and ask for more broken lockbox garbage.
    edited February 2015
    oh so the content is worthless.Not my fault you are never happy.Go QQ in podcasts about npcs and ask for more broken lockbox garbage.

Wait a minute ...You called it exploration

Now you call it content.....................

make up your mind !!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.