Install Arc
Options

STO Player Poll! February 12th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Might want to look at the poll results again....

go play your singleplayer TRIBBLE with a running server.

btw 3rd place in a game where pvp players left is good.

spend more money to kill the npcs .As known pve players are not very bright.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No thanks. I'll stay here. You are more than welcome to stay or go find a game that better suits the PvP experience you are looking for. ;)

Almost every vote is for something that isn't PvP though.

Not sure I'm following you here? PvP had even less a response on that poll.

easy: pvp got the 4th place in there. no's 1-3 made into the game. no's 6-8 made it into the game. no's 4 and 5 didn't.
    + there have been over 3500 votes in there, while we look at total number of about the half votes in here yet.
    also those questions had been asked much more appropiate on the matter.
    go through this thread, there are tons of posts that stated they would vote for pvp-development, but won't for just more pvp queues.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    • More PvP Queues - Meah, who cares :rolleyes:.
    • More Episodes - Yes, this is one thing STO does really well.
    • Exploration Missions - They were dull last time, so no.
    • More Fleet Functionality - The Fleets are dead Jim.
    • More Foundry Functionality- Would be nice :cool:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    locathaluslocathalus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PVP! your doom awaits...
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah ok, I follow you now. Thanks. ;)

If that were what they really wanted, then that's what they should have voted for.

anytime :)!

well, it got stated in all that posts that they would if the question not was for just more queues, but for revamp/balance/fix.
    and that's why the whole question is asked totally wrong from a statistical view. who would vote for more queues to something that seems so broken nowadays? it's "balance/fix first, then content". otherwise it doesn't makes sense at all.

personal note: i really appreciate the way our communication evolved :)! i salute u sir!
  • Options
    cptpencptpen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think more pvps are important cause we haven't really gotten an update of them.
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dude who cares these forum hero failboats have no understanding of the game anyways, why even respond to their posts. no one is voting for the pvp poll option cuz its not the issue, the quality is the problem not the quantity, People who have skill in the game know that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I find the wording on the first option hilarious. "More PvP queues"... as if more "queues" would really help in any way, considering the problem with PvP is not related to queues whatsoever...

But that's Cryptic for you. Probably just trolling those few PvPers left.

Still, I want a proper exploration. A reimagining of the old system, or something related to the Foundry. Anything that would introduce a random element and some decent replayable content (in contrast with the story episodes, which I mostly complete once and don't bother again, unless it's a grind or something).
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    solidzero2066solidzero2066 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What is really needed is a better ground combat system. It's really kinda stupid and nobody plays out cause it really is BAD
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    I find the wording on the first option hilarious. "More PvP queues"... as if more "queues" would really help in any way, considering the problem with PvP is not related to queues whatsoever...

But that's Cryptic for you. Probably just trolling those few PvPers left.

pretty much that.Trolling and flaming is only bad when players do it ...when a company does it is cool
  • Options
    chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about a Dyson Sphere that's 100% pvp? Ground & Space? HUGE battles. 24/7.

No more Queues.

More Open World Sand Box 24/7 Stuff.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wonder if the pvpers are multi account voting. :eek:
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is understandable why people who can only talk on the forums don't vote for pvp. It's complicated and has a learning curve, and it takes practice to become proficient. So, people who are bad and don't understand the game would not like pvp, because it takes a certain level of skill to be good at. Ill refer you to the loudmouth idiot who is going to respond to this post and try to dismantle it as a perfect example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »

Dude just get off the forums before I shut down the Internet.
  • Options
    cpj1227cpj1227 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Out of those 5 options? PVP.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    ednathepimpednathepimp Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015

mmmmnnn no
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

Why bother? Either they'll fix pvp or they won't. And I'm sure it can't possibly be that there's actually a big community of PVPers who want PVP to get some attention after these long years.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015

a little, but it's more of an organized group that lobbies hard and gets out the vote like an off year primary.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pvp could get 100% of the vote and they will still wont touch it

what happened to territory control or fleet star base pvp
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pvp could get 100% of the vote and they will still wont touch it

what happened to territory control or fleet star base pvp

PvP uses legacy code that the current dev team doesn't even know how to work with, if I remember correctly. Puzzling it all out would be too much work for far too little return.
  • Options
    ednathepimpednathepimp Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »
    PvP uses legacy code that the current dev team doesn't even know how to work with, if I remember correctly. Puzzling it all out would be too much work for far too little return.

top 10 games on steam and pvp mulitplayer games not sociopathic singleplayer games....so yea little return.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Dead PvP queues don't mean that there aren't thousands of people out there that actually would like to pvp if it was balanced ;)

I've met many dudes out there that stated they would like but it's too damn broken in their opinion. If it was fair and balanced maybe even you could find a lot of fun in PvP. Believe me, creating some team setups, discussing strategies, learning to communicate and to act under big pressure in arena can be really really great fun!

Forming a premade team, knowing every members builds to the smallest detail and knowing you can rely on them in any situation is a wonderful thing :)

Imho, that approach is very "trekkish". Forming a unity and always looking for perfection is part of Star Trek for me ;)

Edit.:
    Also, edna is not multi account voting - lol - gotta love edna
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Option 6: Less bugs.
This discussion has been closed.