test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First-Time Buyer Rewards System!

pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
Rule of Acquisition # 191 It Never Hurts to Sweeten the Deal

Any Captain knows that when a deal comes your way, it’s best to act on it. We’re pleased to announce that Ferengi Merchants are adding an extra incentive for any user. For any Captain, their first purchase of ZEN for Star Trek Online through the Arc Games web page or the Arc Client starting at 9am PST today, allows them to claim one new First Time Buyer Pack in the Promotions section of the C-store. With our current 15% Bonus to ZEN, Captains should definitely take advantage of this opportunity!

Claiming this pack in the Promotions section of the C-store and unpacking it will reward:

- 3 Master Keys (Bound to account)
- 1 Large XP Boost (Bound to Account)
This cannot be used until after the tutorial is completed.
- 1 Research and Development rewardpack (Bound to Account)
R&D items cannot be used until the player is level 11.
- 1 ship pack that unpacks a shuttle depending on faction
All Federation or Federation-aligned Romulans on the account will get the Runabout Yellowstone shuttle. All Klingon and Klingon-aligned Romulans will get the To'duj Fighter shuttle. Romulans. Please note: Romulans without a faction will not receive this ship pack.

Captains who take advantage of this offer will find the First Time Buyer Pack in the Promotions section of the C-store within 15 minutes of their purchase but there may be delays this first weekend because of the 15% Charge Bonus so give it an hour or two. This is a great chance for any Captain to get some extra bang for their buck! Grab yours today!

Remember Captains, Rule of Acquisition # 22: A wise man can hear profit in the wind. Now is the time to act.

*Please note: This system activated as of 9am PST on 2/12. Zen purchases through Steam do not qualify.

See the news post here!

FAQ:

*If I bought ZEN in the past, before this promotion activated, do I still get the pack?
- You need to make a new purchase of ZEN for STO and then your account will qualify for the pack. Being a previous buyer does not exclude you from this promotion!

*Does ZEN received from the Lifetime Subscription stipend count for this?
- No. You have to purchase ZEN for STO through the Arc Games website or Client.

*Does purchasing an Arc Pack, Steam Pack, or Subscription qualify my account for this?
- No. You have to purchase ZEN. In addition, ZEN purchases through Steam do not qualify.

*If I purchase ZEN through the Dilithium Exchange in-game does my account qualify?
- No. You need to purchase ZEN for STO through the Arc Games website or Client.

*What do I do if I don't get the pack after 1-2 hours after buying ZEN?
- Send a support ticket in to our CS team so they can look into it and assist. You can do that by visiting https://support.arcgames.com/
Post edited by pweadamanteus on

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OK.. so this is a nice feature...

But question, what if I bought zen in the past for STO?

Is this retro? And if so, how long in the past?
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does this work with pre-paid cards when redeeming them on the arc website, or is it like the 15% bonus, only applicable to credit card purchases?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My take is that starting today, everyone who buys ZEN will get this offer on their first purchase.

Thereafter only New Players will get the offer.

I've been wrong in the past though on my guesses...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Definitely not retroactive. I bought zen yesterday for the new ships, but no promo pack.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry, but I can't justify spending money on this game anymore. For me personally, the store is too expensive for how little value we're getting out of it, but the game is just in too poor of a state due to bugs, breaks, and things just not working or being halfassed. Rather than fixing things or working on improving the quality across the board, or increasing the value of the store items(instead of the price), all I'm seeing is more things being added or changed without properly being fixed, or in some cases finished.

While a little incentive to buy is a nice gesture, there is no point in buying it when your game remains too broken to play at times.

Thank you, but no.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kinda funny to implement such a system 5 years into the game..... :D
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I am a Life Sub (get Zen allowance every month) but never specifically purchased 'Zen', does it apply?

My nephew is on a free account, but buys Zen with Dil... does it apply?

Is there a way to look at your account and see if it qualifies?

Can you buy the Zen with PayPal? (eg. not a CC)

Is there a FAQ for these sort of questions?

Enquiring minds want to know!

(PS: You should really make a reward like this for first-time-subscribers as well, I think I know a few could be talked into it...)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great idea. Hope it applies to ZEN purchases from today forward including people who have bought before, as long as they buy today.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "The first time a Captain purchases ZEN for Star Trek Online starting today.."

no, I dont think it is retroactive... :rolleyes:

But you only need to buy the smallest amount of Zen anytime in the next years to get that ONE-TIME-THANK-YOU-FOR-PLAYING-THE-GAME Pack.

It is an additional gift from PWE.

And now, we say Hail Adamanteus, Bringer of Presents!
    edited February 2015
    If I am a Life Sub (get Zen allowance every month) but never specifically purchased 'Zen', does it apply? No

My nephew is on a free account, but buys Zen with Dil... does it apply? Totally no, buy one Zen, get pack, no no no

Is there a way to look at your account and see if it qualifies? nope

Can you buy the Zen with PayPal? (eg. not a CC) yes

Is there a FAQ for these sort of questions? we'll see

(PS: You should really make a reward like this for first-time-subscribers as well, I think I know a few could be talked into it...)

Answers in red. :D
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is not retroactive for purchases made before 9am today. But any Captain, even if they purchased before, that charges zen for STO after 9am today will qualify for the pack and have it applied to their account.

Zen stipends from the Lifetime Subscription do not count towards this. Purchasing a subscription or Pack on Arc/Steam do not count towards this. Purchasing Zen in the Dilithium Exchange in-game does not count towards this.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I am a Life Sub (get Zen allowance every month) but never specifically purchased 'Zen', does it apply?

My nephew is on a free account, but buys Zen with Dil... does it apply?

Is there a way to look at your account and see if it qualifies?

Can you buy the Zen with PayPal? (eg. not a CC)

Is there a FAQ for these sort of questions?

you need to spend money...

getting zen form the exchange does NOT count nor is the monthly stipend you get.

Paypal is listed as an option so it should count... you need to buy the $50 level thou to get the "best" deal. Free 300 zen on top of and 15% bonus.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually this is pretty cool!

Thank you :)
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm wondering if somehow this promotion caused a bug. I'm not sure how but yesterday (before patch) a person in chat bought Master Keys from the C-Store and tried to sell them but couldn't. The keys were "Bound to Account", as I notice, so are the ones in this pack.

Is this a bug that somehow affected some purchases of keys or is this a new "feature" where keys are no longer trade-able?
  • isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So...3 keys...I guess ok... Thanks for the other items I've already got account unlocks on from previous content unlocks.
    edited February 2015
    emplehod wrote: »
    I'm wondering if somehow this promotion caused a bug. I'm not sure how but yesterday (before patch) a person in chat bought Master Keys from the C-Store and tried to sell them but couldn't. The keys were "Bound to Account", as I notice, so are the ones in this pack.

Is this a bug that somehow affected some purchases of keys or is this a new "feature" where keys are no longer trade-able?

See the Fraud Prevention System, it flags some accounts and binds stuff, has nothing to do with this. :)
  • tinemunetinemune Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So.. What exactly qualifies you for this? I know it says 'packs purchased via Arc/Steam do not apply' but I purchased my Zen via the C-store itself, and got no promotional offer.

I didn't see anywhere on the first time buyer page that stated you couldn't purchase the Zen in game from the C-store, so what's going on?
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Actually it's very crafty (no pun intended). The 15% bonus on Zen is also neat.

My only complaint - I also have to buy ship slots for the new ships on EIGHT alts or get rid of ships I can't necessarily replace. That sucks.

If I let a T-5U ship go, when I get it back will I be able to upgrade it for free? Does that also apply for fleet ships?
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nifty, but no thanks. I'm not spending any more money on STO. Too many nerfs combined with too few fixes equals a closed wallet.
    edited February 2015
    tinemune wrote: »
    So.. What exactly qualifies you for this? I know it says 'packs purchased via Arc/Steam do not apply' but I purchased my Zen via the C-store itself, and got no promotional offer.

I didn't see anywhere on the first time buyer page that stated you couldn't purchase the Zen in game from the C-store, so what's going on?

you need to buy zen... not ship packs or expansion packs. and it started today after 9 am pacific time... purchases made before does not count.
  • tinemunetinemune Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    you need to buy zen... not ship packs or expansion packs. and it started today after 9 am pacific time... purchases made before does not count.
    I didn't buy ship packs, or expansion packs, I bought ZEN through the C-store, via my steam wallet.
    edited February 2015
    tinemune wrote: »
    I didn't buy ship packs, or expansion packs, I bought ZEN through the C-store, via my steam wallet.

when... has to be after the time posted and it said at most 15 mins afterwards the item will be in the promo section of the z-store.
  • calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the thought behind this offer is nice but for people like me that already have the 2 shuttles that they have paid for it isn't as enticing. In my case if the scorpion Shuttle was an option for the Rom faction toons then I would be inclined to possibly buy some zen to add to my account. But seeing as how I already own the available shuttles on my account and won't receive the full value of said package it is just not as enticing for me personally.

The pack is still of some value with the Leys, xp boost and R&D Pack. But when you know you aren't getting the full value others are getting for the same deal it feels like a slap in the face to people that have previously supported your product. Just like the Voyager Bundle not being purchasable by those of us that bought the Tier 4 or 5 Intrepid before the release of the Pathfinder so therefore can not get the Voyager Bridge.
  • fenris357fenris357 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bought my zen an hour ago.....:( not got my package in the zen store yet
    edited February 2015
    well I just bought $50 zen and got an email from pwe time stamped at roughly 10:50am.

hopefully it'll show up in the promo section when I get on later tonight.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Idea for next time Adamanteus:

Just don't give any rewards or welcome package out again.

People don't miss anything what they do not know about.

Reminds me when a store I worked in gave out small packages of gummy bears in the first two weeks for every paying customer. A lot of them demanded those packs still 2 month later.. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2015
    btw from the read of the details... this is not a shuttle unlock.

it's just a shuttle in a box for 1 toon... the toon the claims the pack.

would probably of gotten more bites if they offered up a lobbi shuttle/ship instead.
  • calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually it's very crafty (no pun intended). The 15% bonus on Zen is also neat.

My only complaint - I also have to buy ship slots for the new ships on EIGHT alts or get rid of ships I can't necessarily replace. That sucks.

If I let a T-5U ship go, when I get it back will I be able to upgrade it for free? Does that also apply for fleet ships?

When you upgrade the Ship to T5-U the T5 and the fleet versions of said ship get a free upgrade to T5-U as it is a ship unlock. There for say you have the T5 Armitage that you upgrade to T5-U and then you buy a Fleet Armitage it will already have the T5-U unlock on the fleet version. If you Discharge the T5-U Armitage you will have the unlock there for when you reclaim another free. (Just be careful of discharging the fleet T5-U as you will have to pay for the required Modules to get another Fleet version to upgrade again later, The Upgrade back to the T5-U will be free still tho.)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Fleet ships are character bound, and can not be reclaimed if you dismiss them. You would have to re-buy them all over again. Don't delete fleet ships unless you want them gone for good.

T5U Upgrades are account-wide for that ship if it has been upgraded at least once on any character. So, yes, you will be able to re-claim it from the c-store, then go to a shipyard, and choose upgrade starship. Note: I've never tried this yet to make sure it works as intended. The T6 ship traits, if it is unlocked on that character, should also unlock when reclaimed on that same character, but again, haven't verified it myself.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wondered when this would cross over from neverwinter. I like the sto gifts better than the nw ones. Thanks for this.

The Yellowstone and toduj are interesting choices. Given how unpopular shuttle content is outside of the shuttle event. The keys and end pack are a nice touch. Shame the exp boost gives such an insignificant amount of exp, otherwise that would be good for people looking for spec points.