test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First-Time Buyer Rewards System!

Comments

• pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cdwarden wrote: »
    I've basically been playing STO for a few days. I think I tried it for a few hours a long time ago, but never bought Zen.

This afternoon I bought some zen. Used Paypal, and made sure to buy in-game through Arc and not through Steam.

I did not get the 15% bonus

I do not have the first time buyers pack as an option in the zen store. (edit - nevermind. I got this. I had to re-log)

What am I doing wrong?

The 15% Charge Bonus ended at 9am PST this morning, according to schedule.

You did get the First-Time Buyer Pack because that promotion is continuing with no current end date.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Well, I completed the tutorial before the revamped one. I received a boost from a 5-year event Party Box and am unable to use it unless I complete the tutorial ... which I can't play on my existing character. So ... SOL?

Hmmm that's strange, I was able to use boosts before I created any new characters to run through the revamped tutorial.
    Usually when they say "you must complete the tutorial", that's just because you can't actually activate boosts whilst you're in the tutorial missions. Heck you can't even claim a lot of the C-Store items whilst in the tutorial missions. All vet rewards activate at level 5 if memory serves.

It may be worth putting in a support ticket. Or perhaps adammanteus can shed some light on the problem.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mightymoparmightymopar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As usual Veterans of the game get the shaft...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Yeah the f2p platform they use like Geko said a long time ago its designed to lure in a new player and hope they spend 20 bucks and then they have served their purpose.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited February 2015

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22317021&postcount=142
    As per usual....exactly
    signature.png
    edited February 2015

Everyone is eligible and treated on equal footing for this new reward. You are still eligible to receive the reward, just like someone who has never bought before, by making a purchase of ZEN.
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been buying Zen (or the old Cryptic points) for over 4 years, and bought some over the weekend and got my rewards exactly as advertised as if I was a first time customer.

Thank you for the bonus goodies, it was a nice touch which I appreciated. :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everyone is eligible and treated on equal footing for this new reward. You are still eligible to receive the reward, just like someone who has never bought before, by making a purchase of ZEN.

Game needs quite a clean up before I'd ever spend anything on it again. As well as KDF issues that have never been resolved some going on 3-4 years now.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Complain:
    When I bought Zen on Saturday, it didnt take up to 15 minutes to get the free pack.
    It took 8 minutes!! So I want the additional 7 minutes that are left, rewarded.
    :P:P:D

So far, I have received 2 free shuttles, 6 Keys (used on Boxes where I got some neat stuff), 60 Lobi and some boosts from PWE/PWE Europe.

Thank you
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Game needs quite a clean up before I'd ever spend anything on it again. As well as KDF issues that have never been resolved some going on 3-4 years now.

Aint that the truth, these first time buyer rewards simply mirror NWO.

STO is just a mirror image of the kinda deals on offer in there.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Aint that the truth, these first time buyer rewards simply mirror NWO.

STO is just a mirror image of the kinda deals on offer in there.

In nwo we got a unique companion, not something most people already had.

Also companions cost a lot more in nwo then shutles in sto....
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015

So far, I have received ... 6 Keys

How you get 6 keys? Thought promo only gave out 3?
  • gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Complain:
    When I bought Zen on Saturday, it didnt take up to 15 minutes to get the free pack.
    It took 8 minutes!! So I want the additional 7 minutes that are left, rewarded.
    :P:P:D

So far, I have received 2 free shuttles, 6 Keys (used on Boxes where I got some neat stuff), 60 Lobi and some boosts from PWE/PWE Europe.

Thank you

How did you get two packs?
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
    edited February 2015
    gameshogun wrote: »
    How did you get two packs?

What makes you think he got 2 packs? 2 shuttles would be the Fed and KDF ones... since I had neither I got 2 shuttles too...

thou I do wonder about the 6 keys... you only get 3. Least that is what I got.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    What makes you think he got 2 packs? 2 shuttles would be the Fed and KDF ones... since I had neither I got 2 shuttles too...

thou I do wonder about the 6 keys... you only get 3. Least that is what I got.

Pretty sure he's referring to several different 'giveaways' from the last couple of months. The 60 free lobi we got (at 20 a day) for three days a week or two after delta rising launched. 3 Lockbox keys were given to Europeans through a PWE Europe deal for logging in during a certain period a month or two back. And of course this one.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited February 2015

Exactly.... man you either are as dense as I thought or you simply just can't read. Either way, here's how I feel about your response. Enjoy!......... Oh and by the way, that's the issue. Long-time veterans are NOT equal to new/other players for many reasons. The main one, for you, is the fact that we've probably spent more. So again, Enjoy!
    signature.png
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Despite the obvious fact that PWE did this offer to boost lagging revenues, I was pleased to take advantage of it, so thanks, Cryptic/PWE! Not that the rewards were so good (I've already maxed all the rep's, already earning spec points, already have equipped shuttles), but the keys were nice, and the shuttles are better looking than my old ones, for the most part. And with a Shuttle Event Weekend coming up, I'll be able to show up in something a bit less stodgy... :P
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In nwo we got a unique companion, not something most people already had.

Also companions cost a lot more in nwo then shutles in sto....

Nitpicking, the premise is the same. The clues in the name... First-Time Buyers Reward. ;)
    edited February 2015
    Exactly.... man you either are as dense as I thought or you simply just can't read. Either way, here's how I feel about your response. Enjoy!......... Oh and by the way, that's the issue. Long-time veterans are NOT equal to new/other players for many reasons. The main one, for you, is the fact that we've probably spent more. So again, Enjoy!

your ******** over the promo program that's new... you might as well complain about all the sale price drops shops in the real world have after folks buy stuff before a sale.

no one forced you to buy zen before... you got what they offered at the time. now they are offering something more... you can either buy now or not... if you buy in the future you get the perk unless they discontinue the program at a later date.
    edited February 2015
    your ******** over the promo program that's new... you might as well complain about all the sale price drops shops in the real world have after folks buy stuff before a sale.

no one forced you to buy zen before... you got what they offered at the time. now they are offering something more... you can either buy now or not... if you buy in the future you get the perk unless they discontinue the program at a later date.

You obviously haven't been around enough and simply just don't get it. You argue the fact that I'm "complaining" rather than my reason why. So I have a simple question for you.. how bored are you?
    signature.png
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The day you offered the bonus for purchase of ZEN I bought the required amount of $200 to get the bonus. A bigger amount as I used to buy zen in $100 the largest on offer. Now, after having done that you are saying that had I not bought it then, I would get some extra stuff by buying it now. $400 is too much an expense in a few days. I feel cheated on my purchase the day you offered the 15% bonus on Zen with this new promo introduction so shortly after offering the previous bonus.

This is worrying, you guys must be desperate. To offer a bonus then follow it up with another offer with additional items to get $400. I have spent a pretty penny on this game...you have my history. This is below the belt.

The extras in this new promo like the shuttles, keys, etc. isn't important for me to have....it's the principle behind your actions that count. You should have been straight and offered $400 to get the bonus PLUS this and that then. I would have probably bought the promo then to support the game.
    edited February 2015
    dalmacius wrote: »
    The day you offered the bonus for purchase of ZEN I bought the required amount of $200 to get the bonus. A bigger amount as I used to buy zen in $100 the largest on offer. Now, after having done that you are saying that had I not bought it then, I would get some extra stuff by buying it now. $400 is too much an expense in a few days. I feel cheated on my purchase the day you offered the 15% bonus on Zen with this new promo introduction so shortly after offering the previous bonus.

This is worrying, you guys must be desperate. To offer a bonus then follow it up with another offer with additional items to get $400. I have spent a pretty penny on this game...you have my history. This is below the belt.

The extras in this new promo like the shuttles, keys, etc. isn't important for me to have....it's the principle behind your actions that count. You should have been straight and offered $400 to get the bonus PLUS this and that then. I would have probably bought the promo then to support the game.

This promotion turned on at the same time as the 15% Charge Bonus Promo. So, if you bought your ZEN through the Arc Games client or website while the 15% Charge Bonus was running, or even after because this First-Time Buyer Rewards system is still running, then you qualified and get the package.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Prior to the implementation of this "reward system" I put in, roughly, $300-400. Yet in order to get the "First-Time Buyer's Reward Pack" I have to pay more? I'm wayyy past a "First-Time Buyer..." and yet I'm being treated as though I've never spent a dime? Kindly I say... **** you.

I think that is kind of the overall problem. As your loyal paying and/or playing customers keep grinding, the reward for their efforts is 'event grinds' on top of 'event grinds'.

Anniversary ships used to be free. In order to get a faction specific anniversary ship, the only thing a player had to do is: (1) visit the Utopia Planitia station, (2) talk to Q on ESD spacedock, or (3) play a single mission.

Although we do get yearly c-store freebees, the problem is that most people have them all.

'Star Trek: Online's" population consists of mostly veteran players; thus, the majority of the new captains and accounts created were done so by loyalists. 600,000 new captains were created due to 'Delta Rising'. 1.2 million new captains were created due to 'Legacy of Romulus'. Cryptic saw a 50% drop in the creation of new characters. Look at the anniversary infographic statistics between the two upgrades. I call that a serious problem.

I recently received a promotional email, for one of our accounts has been inactive. Before I even think about reinstalling 'STO', while also considering buying zen, I want to see where all of these changes will lead.

I am concerned that Cryptic is monetizing and changing too many game elements.

I am also concerned that Cyrptic's 'customer appreciation' has become 'grind your customer appreciation rewards'.

Why do your customers have to grind public relation items, which were created to show that Cryptic appreciates their loyalty?

How about those 'seasonal event ships'? Are you celebrating the season, or are you celebrating a cash grab?
    edited February 2015
    linyive wrote: »
    I think that is kind of the overall problem. As your loyal paying and/or playing customers keep grinding, the reward for their efforts is 'event grinds' on top of 'event grinds'.

Anniversary ships used to be free. In order to get a faction specific anniversary ship, the only thing a player had to do is: (1) visit the Utopia Planitia station, (2) talk to Q on ESD spacedock, or (3) play a single mission.

Although we do get yearly c-store freebees, the problem is that most people have them all.

'Star Trek: Online's" population consists of mostly veteran players; thus, the majority of the new captains and accounts created were done so by loyalists. 600,000 new captains were created due to 'Delta Rising'. 1.2 million new captains were created due to 'Legacy of Romulus'. Cryptic saw a 50% drop in the creation of new characters. Look at the anniversary infographic statistics between the two upgrades. I call that a serious problem.

I recently received a promotional email, for one of our accounts has been inactive. Before I even think about reinstalling 'STO', while also considering buying zen, I want to see where all of these changes will lead.

I am concerned that Cryptic is monetizing and changing too many game elements.

I am also concerned that Cyrptic's 'customer appreciation' has become 'grind your customer appreciation rewards'.

Why do your customers have to grind public relation items, which were created to show that Cryptic appreciates their loyalty?

How about those 'seasonal event ships'? Are you celebrating the season, or are you celebrating a cash grab?

This has nothing to do with the First-Time Buyer Pack. If you have comments/suggestions about this promotion then by all means post here. If you have comments/suggestions about other things then you're welcome to post in threads appropriate for those systems or start your own thread in the General Discussion section.

Thanks for keeping this thread a little cleaner so it is easier to find appropriate info.
    edited February 2015
    You obviously haven't been around enough and simply just don't get it. You argue the fact that I'm "complaining" rather than my reason why. So I have a simple question for you.. how bored are you?

that's cause your reason was asinine to begin with... what you did in the past is irrelevant to the present.

that you spent in the past was your own choice based on what was offered. you got what was offered for the amount you ponied up... deal complete end of story.

that does not entitle you to new stuff down the road...

i bought zen for the 1st time during this offer with the 15% bonus... spent just enough to get the extra 300 zen. never ever bought zen before cause I had no interest in it.

if they ever juice up this promo and add new shineys to it.... i will not get those and I know that. if they decide to go retro and give it away cool... but not gonna hold my breath for it.

with the anni going on you might as well be saying, hey i grinded for the dyson last year... just give me to new ship now cause I did the grind before... not gonna fly.

as for rewarding loyal players... umm this is a game for entertainment. your rewarded by playing already. if it's not rewarding or entertaining enough play something else. that's what I do. i have not done a single particle trace since i finished my grinds... I could be stocking up on omega crafting upgrades or components to gouge on the exchange later... but i am sick and tired of it and have zero interest at the moment cause I am playing something else once I am done doing part of the dyson story arc on an alt.

as for vet players not being as important... guess what... imo they arent. I think Lifetimers like me and long term players (and folks who grind dil for zen) are a drag on profits for a F2P game. I believe it's profit model is focused on high turnaround, new players coming in spending cash and going away. Star Trek brings in more fans each day due to syndication of the TV shows and movies.
    edited February 2015
    This has nothing to do with the First-Time Buyer Pack. If you have comments/suggestions about this promotion then by all means post here. If you have comments/suggestions about other things then you're welcome to post in threads appropriate for those systems or start your own thread in the General Discussion section.

Thanks for keeping this thread a little cleaner so it is easier to find appropriate info.

Good job addressing issues... -_-. He/She posted here because at least here they might get the message across and that someone from PWE/Cryptic would read it i.e. you. Whereas if he/she made a separate thread that wouldn't be the case.
    signature.png
    edited February 2015
    that's cause your reason was asinine to begin with... what you did in the past is irrelevant to the present.

that you spent in the past was your own choice based on what was offered. you got what was offered for the amount you ponied up... deal complete end of story.

that does not entitle you to new stuff down the road...

i bought zen for the 1st time during this offer with the 15% bonus... spent just enough to get the extra 300 zen. never ever bought zen before cause I had no interest in it.

if they ever juice up this promo and add new shineys to it.... i will not get those and I know that. if they decide to go retro and give it away cool... but not gonna hold my breath for it.

with the anni going on you might as well be saying, hey i grinded for the dyson last year... just give me to new ship now cause I did the grind before... not gonna fly.

as for rewarding loyal players... umm this is a game for entertainment. your rewarded by playing already. if it's not rewarding or entertaining enough play something else. that's what I do. i have not done a single particle trace since i finished my grinds... I could be stocking up on omega crafting upgrades or components to gouge on the exchange later... but i am sick and tired of it and have zero interest at the moment cause I am playing something else once I am done doing part of the dyson story arc on an alt.

as for vet players not being as important... guess what... imo they arent. I think Lifetimers like me and long term players (and folks who grind dil for zen) are a drag on profits for a F2P game. I believe it's profit model is focused on high turnaround, new players coming in spending cash and going away. Star Trek brings in more fans each day due to syndication of the TV shows and movies.
    Bored it is... thanks for not answering the question directly and monologuing like I actually care because you are still wrong and I'm smart enough to know that you are not worth explaining jack-**** to so... Keep on keepin' on.
    signature.png
  • killbot88killbot88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nevermind, got it
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess prepaid zen cards qualify. A few days ago I bought a couple $20 zen cards at Wal-mart. I was looking around the c-store to see what I wanted to buy when I noticed the new buyers pack in the Promotions tab. Funny thing is I've had both shuttles for a long time but the keys and other stuff were nice.

No complaints here. :)
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is the shuttle for a single character or an account-wide unlock?