What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would say it's the biggest dilithium nerf to ever hit the game - and I really doubt anyone will have the juevos to come talk about it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)

50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Well that's blatant lies.

I'm sure that if Cryptic even bother to check this nerf to dil, they'll just use their go-to phrase 'working as intended' and claim the above was supposed to read:
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    No longer receive a bonus.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well we have a new EP isn't it good to see that nothing has changed.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just don't understand why lie about it.

I would have started just to turn the marks to dil after missions. Now I have a lot of them and I'm very annoyed.

Just tell us about these things before we just get angry/annoyed.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You would think after the **** up's and bugs introduced with Delta Rising, The Winter Event, and The Anniversay Event They'd have the common sense to not to nerf the rewards on this round of the dil weekend and save it for the next one.

And i thought i worked for a bunch of imcompetent, greedy, self serving muppets. Cryptic make my company's faults look fantastic in comparison
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would greatly appreciate some unambiguous clarification from the Devs as to whether mark and token turn-ins are or are not currently intended to award bonus dilithium.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I would greatly appreciate some unambiguous clarification from the Devs as to whether mark and token turn-ins are or are not currently intended to award bonus dilithium.

They just rewrote the dev blog from yesterday and changed it to a nerf for all marks.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They have just deleted this sentence from the english Blog. :S

So no extra Dilithium for Marks. :mad:

I know why iam not longer spend any money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nerf this, nerf that. All those ****ing nerfs are getting on my nerves.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reputation turn in like marks and implants aren't working.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    You tell us one thing yesterday, then silently edit the post after the event has gone live to exclude content you explicitly told us was included. These 'events' get more rubbish every month. There's a word for people like you...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.

Dang... I could have emptied the marks out of two more alts before the event and deleted them. Oh well, I'll do that tonight. Less characters to level and grind for the more time and money I'll have for other games on Steam that create fun instead of grinds in broken content. :D
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really wish I could still be surprised by stuff like this.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is the kind of petty **** that fuels player rage unnecessarily.

For me it was just a happy coincidence. I got my main through the Delta Rep and got the sponsorship for my 4 alts. At some point I realized that my alts would be finishing the Rep on Dil weekend. I was happy. And then I heard about the change. It's like anytime I get excited about something, Cryptic whips it out and gives us a shower.

There seems to be 2 kinds of players. Those with hundreds of thousands or millions in unrefined Dilithium and those like me, who most of the time do not even have a days refine worth. The only time I carry unrefined Dil is during events or things like completing Reps.

Who was this suppose to hurt?
    tonnbart wrote: »
    You knew I was going to do that, didn't you? But you're having none of that.. well at least there's hope that the implementation isn't working.

Even if that were the case, the server would be immediately shutdown and an emergency patch issued.
  • Options
    malicejackmalicejack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no reason to burn off these 12000 + dyson marks yes 12000 marks 2000+ marks omega what is the point i have all my gear on my 5 main toons if you guys think pay to play is a good idea start the sub up again you want some ideas that may work for this game its been five years since beta and there is no content i know you dont have enough money to pay the developers to code right we all know sto is covered till 2016 with cash so game is going no were 5 years in to eq1 i wasnt 25% done with the content eq2 8 years still have 30% to go yea this game 1- year no new content that dont take 12 hours to catch up on there is no real reason im here other then the people i play/played with and most are leaveing for other games like me have nice day
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Those little fu*kers, read between the lines .\|/.

Ok, now I've raged enough.
    Galavant!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Please justify this latest idiotic nerf to your dying and unenjoyable game, Cryptic.
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ahem, we were so focused on the big chunk of dil. ore at the end of the reputation that we didn't notice mark turn-ins were being nerfed at the same time?! I am amused that Craptic managed to trick us yet again. But whatever, the more you take from us, the less time and money I will spend in/on this game. Simple math.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I'm also concerned that the Contraband turn in mission still only states it will reward 2K dilithium instead of 3K. Not sure if I've spent months saving the damned things up for nothing now.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm also concerned that the Contraband turn in mission still only states it will reward 2K dilithium instead of 3K. Not sure if I've spent months saving the damned things up for nothing now.

I got 3k from it.
    Galavant!
  • Options
    derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If cryptic had at least the decency to get parted with the Star Trek franchise and completely make this a different game, releasing Star Trek to some other programmers...

but hey, it's a money printing device :(

EDIT: earlobes already feeling warm?
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah the contraband turn in bonus still works. For now.

Expect them to nerf that in time for next dil weekend.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    zaichal wrote: »
    Yeah the contraband turn in bonus still works. For now.

Expect them to nerf that in time for next dil weekend.

I'm not seeing the bonus - tested it on all classes and factions.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That is normal. The dil bonus does not get applied until the doff project is completed.

The dil nerf for the marks on the other hand (especially in combination with the dev blog saying otherwise until a couple of minutes ago) is just another slap in the players faces.
  • Options
    gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am Starting to wonder if PWI and or Cryptic is trying to kill STO on purpose. I can understand needing to make some money however it would seem to me that if you have lost 3/4 of your clients you don't treat the remaining the same or worse. Seems to me you would re-evaluate what you have done to loose those clients and make changes to get new clients and rebuild the income you lost. However since DR was released and even b4 that there seems to be a trend of bad choices made that makes more and more players leave STO. Anyhow I don't want to rant but I do want to ask just how far does the powers that be feel they can push the players of sto b4 they loose to many or have they lost to many as it is and are just trying to get that last bit coin?
  • Options
    spriggan45spriggan45 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like you jerks to explain to me why at every turn you take something away from the game that people look forward to? I cannot refine my rep items or marks to earn more dil. How am I supposed to progress my fleet and upgrade my weapons. Ive only been playing for 6 months and I've already put $800 into this damn game. Until you guys stop doing everything you can to get people to pay for this and that I will be telling all my friends to either stop playing sto or to not play it to begin with.:mad:
  • Options
    possiblyboredpossiblybored Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can understand nerfing the T5 reputation projects, even though I don't agree with it.

I can understand nerfing mark turn-ins, even though I really don't agree with it.

But you have to be upfront and honest about these things. Putting that sentence in the blog and then stealth-changing it after people notice that marks weren't rewarding is very dishonest. If you knew you were going to nerf the rewards, why not tell us ahead of time? I actually look at the in-game calendar and plan for these events ahead of time...

Very frustrating to find that the rules to this game change seemingly every time I log in.