What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did my time. I put in my effort. I put in endless hours earning, yes earning!, marks and rep items with my eyes focused on the prize, cashing in on dil weekend. Just like the notes promised, just like the history promised. Now that I've committed all that time and effort, at the last second (and possibly after the event went live), suddenly the cash in part is stealth nerfed, with a revisionist rationalization for it that somehow no one picked up on until after the event started.

I played the game according to its rules hoping for the reward it promised, and look what you did. Only the worst entertainers shoot their audiences.

Scummy, scummy move Cryptic. Clearly nothing that comes from your rot holes (or the equivalent) can be trusted at all. There is absolutely no reason to play a game where nothing and no one can be trusted, where nothing can be expected, where nothing is ever delivered as advertised.

This isn't a game. It is abuse.

And no, worthless white knights, it isn't "entitlement" to expect what you were promised.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Your right, its the dollars views that count

And I have absolutely no problem with this. They deserve to earn money for their product if people are willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, because of decisions like these, I have held off on becoming a lifetime subscriber... and I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »
    I got 3k from it.
    That is normal. The dil bonus does not get applied until the doff project is completed.

The dil nerf for the marks on the other hand (especially in combination with the dev blog saying otherwise until a couple of minutes ago) is just another slap in the players faces.

Well that's a small mercy I guess.

But yeah, the other issues are really a kick in the nuts. Especially after them explicitly stating rep mark turn ins were included, then underhandedly changing it in the dev blog without so much as an "oops we made a mistake"... There's just no accountability with these people any more.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    The dilithium you earn for completing a reputation system will no longer receive a bonus.

Go fornicate yourselves, Cryptic.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah this really is a massive kick in the nuts to the players.

Nearly everyone will have saved up marks and BNP's etc to cash in for this weekend and now we find out we should have been cashing them in all along. And to add insult to it all they seem to have changed everything on a whim and for no purpose.

Really, really bad move guys....don't be surprised to loose more long term players with this mess.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dishonest:

behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy, deceitful, or insincere way.

intended to mislead or cheat.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Ruse? Doubtful. Mistake? Likely.

Intentional Bait & Switch? - I'm giving them too much credit.

Will they apologize for a mistake that impacts 2.5 million account holders? - See above.
  • Options
    trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BAD, BAD, BAD CRYPTIC!

Even if it was a bug, the fact the official announcement didn't include this restriction an now it's been added AFTER the event Go Live is a terrible business decision. You should be honoring your "misprint".

This is only hurting your reputation and giving ammunition to the people who accuse you of lying/cheating/etc. In this case, they are right and you can't possibly spin it any other way.

Big loss of faith in Cryptic here.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ya, that's cool, I mean they have to eat to, and clothe themselves and help out their family and stuff.

My family is in business, one thing they allways tough t me was:

Make your priorities 50/50.
    Make $$$
    But make your customers happy, so you get $$$

Yep, except that with me, it's focus on the customer and make them happy - that's #1. If you do #1, then you will be successful.

This is the ONLY MMO that I play and it's ONLY because it's loosely Star Trek related. Because of this, many people come here and play. I'm a Trekkie, but not really a game player. PWE could make me a fan of theirs if they changed how they dealt with their customers.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why was the marks conversion bonus removed?

Is this an event for rich people who buy keys only??

**** off. I ain't buying zen this year.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    keravnios wrote: »
    Why was the marks conversion bonus removed?

Is this an event for rich people who buy keys only??

**** off. I ain't buying zen this year.

We all keep asking this question, but we're not getting any response. The lack of communication is very frustrating.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh and... lol

That's as close to constructive feedback as they're getting from me on this particular matter.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After last night patch you have just about kill the game for me. Life member andhave been patient for the last 4 years, with a lot of sleep less night grind and grind. now look like you have kill the game and may be even star trek for me.:mad::mad::mad
    if you going to do this to all your Fan base, why not just close the star trek game down and that it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    1st they nerf Dyson battlezone so that time taken to make same amount of dil is increased by 150% and now this? I'm joining the club of "taking a break out of sto"
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raeat wrote: »
    I did my time. I put in my effort. I put in endless hours earning, yes earning!, marks and rep items with my eyes focused on the prize, cashing in on dil weekend. Just like the notes promised, just like the history promised. Now that I've committed all that time and effort, at the last second (and possibly after the event went live), suddenly the cash in part is stealth nerfed, with a revisionist rationalization for it that somehow no one picked up on until after the event started.

I played the game according to its rules hoping for the reward it promised, and look what you did. Only the worst entertainers shoot their audiences.

Scummy, scummy move Cryptic. Clearly nothing that comes from your rot holes (or the equivalent) can be trusted at all. There is absolutely no reason to play a game where nothing and no one can be trusted, where nothing can be expected, where nothing is ever delivered as advertised.

This isn't a game. It is abuse.

And no, worthless white knights, it isn't "entitlement" to expect what you were promised.

Hear, hear! The marks nerf is a slap in the face for all the people that have earned the marks. What's the point of earning them after the reputation is finished now?!
  • Options
    rayah9105rayah9105 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am not.. overly amused, I could have had those 750 free badges in a lot of my reps weeks ago had I not held out for this instead I played the game and did all those boring queue events over and over. This should have been announced at least a week ago because I would have played games not STO, this is not my favorite game by a long shot and I only play to get certain shinies you took the shinies away now I must find a new reason to keep playing.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I think they somehow hope PvE queues will become more active so their dismal post DR metrics rise.

My advice to everyone, just go to the Dyson ground BZ and shoot dinosaurs with freaking lazers on their heads since that's what this change is pushing everyone towards.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From February 5th at 10AM PST until February 9st, 2015 at 10AM PST, we are having a 20% off sale on the services listed below. Now is the time to purchase these in the C-Store!

No. Hell no. Not a ****ing chance in ****ing hell.

First you nerf the **** out of the Dilithium Event, and then you post a sale wanting us to BUY YOUR DISCOUNTED SERVICES?

What you've done is the equivalent of robbing us blind, and rewarding us with a discounted ****job.

PSA: Edited before making my initial post, to avoid actually cursing. I'm sure most will figure it out anyways. Cryptic ****ing sucks balls!!!

Mr Frost should be ashamed of himself, for perpetrating yet additional lies (we never intended to provide the bonus). The bonus has been there for Marks since the very first Dilithium bonus event. All along, never intended? Bull ****ing ****!
  • Options
    soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/9) should be renamed Voth Battleground Weekend Event as that's basically all it is now.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You guys know how to make them feel that what they did was bad? Stop buying lock box rewards from the exchange. That will force players to stop using keys. And thus stop buying keys. Then they will feel it up their TRIBBLE that what they did was wrong.
  • Options
    kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think I'll sit back and wear a LOT of asbestos. I'm rather steamed by this too, and so are a few other players I was helping to tier-5 their trackers in time for this. Why all these nerfs? the nerf to buff ratio is completely skewed towards nerfs right now; could you please explain why?

I couldn't stand MMOs when I first tried this game. I absolutely loved it. But this? This mess has got to be the closest I've come to throwing in the towel. This is not helping your case, Cryptic.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Late yesterday I finally managed to save up enough dilithium converted to Zen to purchase a much needed increase to the amount of duty officer slots available on my Klingon character. 725 Zen fetches 100 slots, but in this latest revamp of STO dilithium is at a premium and farming for it just to build up for the new upgrading system takes all of everyone's time from being able to actually enjoy the stories and new material.

Well, mere hours, literally hours, after I finally purchased the duty officer slots, and having forgone upgrading for three days while aggregating the resources from three Captains to add to already existing resources to accomplish getting the Zen to do it with, I now find a 20% off sale today.

Thank you so much for informing me of this in advance. Is there anyone at STO who might consider sending me back that 20%?
    You weren't robbed. The sale was announced, such as it was. Nothing was stolen from you, nor illegally and/or forceably taken without your permission.

You aren't the only person to have made a purchase, then have the item(s) go on sale afterwards. It's happened to me in the past; it's happened to others on STO, too. I've paid for Zen, only to have an unannounced sale take place. C'est la vie. Chalk it up to poor timing.

Instead of complaining in this forum, pick up the telephone and call PWE Support -- or file a support ticket. Maybe someone will take pity on you and try to refund the difference.

Besides, this is a "Dilithium Weekend Event" thread, not the thread announcing the Services sale. Even then, wrong place to rant.
  • Options
    zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just don't buy things unless they're on sale.

Or better yet, don't buy things for this dying grindfest.