test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Uhhm 50k dili at the end of a reputation? Since when was that raised? i completed a reputation about a month ago and i got 32k, not 50k, so was I cheated out of some dili or is someone wrong about this?

32k each is what I got for the couple I finished before the holidays also.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see a lot of elite and foundry being played this weekend on my alts.
    My main is still sitting on 1.5+M unrefined dilithium so that one doesn't need the extra care.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mchenckulamchenckula Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh yeah Cryptic folks,
    One more "EPIC FAIL" with the change of the Dilithium-Reward-Event for the Reputation T5
    I think the staff are only biggest looser on work :mad:
  • starwind2183starwind2183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sounds great! I was looking to get some more dilithium anyways, so this works out well! Thanks! :D
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup, gotta agree that taking away the bonus from finishing rep projects, or ANY rep projects is a bad move.
    However, if you are raising the reward to 50k I am totally fine with that.

Unless they actually are being bumped up to 50k for finishing. If that's the case then I too "am totally fine with that."

Otherwise, just one more nerf to go with all the others.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know what would make this event complete? For the duration of this event the 8k refine limit should be raised.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did you people read my earlier post on this thread - this was changed just before the last Dilithium Weekend so this is not new. The 50k is the reward for completing special events such as Mirror Invasion, they are not giving out 50k for T5 of a Reputation.

This was all like this the last time, nothing new, period.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited February 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    You know what would make this event complete? For the duration of this event the 8k refine limit should be raised.

Never going to do that, that is where they have the problem as people can turn it in for Zen. Having a mountain of Unrefined means nothing as there is still the hard cap of 8k - 9k a day refining. Could never understand their obsession with throttling back the collection on Unrefined. All it would mean to them is you had to do less grinding to get it. That way you have more time to do other things they want you to do anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really? T5 rep turnins won't give extra dil now? If true, that is a very, very dumb and disappointing move. :mad:
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Never going to do that, that is where they have the problem as people can turn it in for Zen. Having a mountain of Unrefined means nothing as there is still the hard cap of 8k - 9k a day refining. Could never understand their obsession with throttling back the collection on Unrefined. All it would mean to them is you had to do less grinding to get it. That way you have more time to do other things they want you to do anyway.

Well for once they should allow it. With the all the mess we all had to endure in the past few months.

ltminns wrote: »
    That way you have more time to do other things they want you to do anyway.

What would they want me to do then? As if I'm going to let them decide how I spend my time on this game.
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If the reward is being nerfed back to 32k dilithium, I will quit grinding reputations on my alts and will spend much less time online.

This is the kind of petty **** that fuels player rage unnecessarily. I get that you gotta eat but I'm not taking on a second job.

I've tried to ignore DR Dilithium Rising for as long as I could. What finally pushed me over the edge was removing "rare" Boff powers to be replaced at a undetermined date. That got me to finally start looking for another game and only log on for the 24 R&D.

But nerfing (adding small print) to the dilithium bonus is a bridge too far. I was planning to participate and do the anniversary mission...Skipping maybe log in a month. Maybe next "update". Time to take a break.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • pashganpashgan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What reputation reward is 50k dilithium?

If it's about standard 32k rewards (I have 5 of them stored for months to redeem during dilithium weekend) - then this "upgrade" is perfectly squeezing into latest development concept (to kill the game asap).
    edited February 2015
    crowley875 wrote: »
    Well for once they should allow it. With the all the mess we all had to endure in the past few months.

What would they want me to do then? As if I'm going to let them decide how I spend my time on this game.

Well no one is telling you what to run but doing almost anything other than mining Dilitium (like new revamped missions, Delta Missions, Delta Patrols, etc) will increase their metrics for something. Gives you more time for that if you have a good stash of Unrefined stored, then you can relax on that and do other stuff. So how would it hurt them if you do these other things, that you might want to do, which may coincide with what they are gathering metrics on. In the end there is still the Daily Cap.

If they bonus these things, it makes makes NO difference to them because of the cap. Unless you just love grubbing for Dilitium that can't be refined for many days anyway, you can take a break from the grubbing and use that time to run content; stuff you make like and stuff they like you to run. Win-win.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah whoopie. Yet another dil nerf in the game. You guys keep adding more and more dil sinks and making it harder and harder to make dil.
    Are you guys TRYING to kill of the game or something? Because it seems to be working.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Making the dil weekend during the anniversary event is a very bad idea.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After looking I still have a lot of Delta marks to turn in. This would be a good time to cash those in. So I can save it for either zen or upgrading my ship's gear. I'm seeing upgrading as my ship still uses Mk 10 weapons.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Making the dil weekend during the anniversary event is a very bad idea.

Why>>> ??

the Anniversary Daily takes 5! mins to do and its not like there is anything else unlike th e Winter/Summer events :rolleyes:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    suprcheese wrote: »
    Really? T5 rep turnins won't give extra dil now? If true, that is a very, very dumb and disappointing move. :mad:

You still get dil, but you don't get bonus from event. I think.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not surprisingly, I'm unhappy about the exclusion of event rep projects and final rep rewards from the dil event. Thankfully I did expect that so it won't have unforeseen consequences on my health.

And, as many have noted, no reputation rewards 50k dil at completion of Tier 5. The most any of them gives is 32k dil (all except Omega), which, coincidentally still amounts to less than 50k dil (48k, to be exact) even if the dil event affected it.

If you lived with the idea reps offer 50k dil as a final reward, I hope this reality check will have you update the actual payout to 50k dil now. (Yeah, I know, that's as likely as them raising xp payout three times across the whole game.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Uhhm 50k dili at the end of a reputation? Since when was that raised? i completed a reputation about a month ago and i got 32k, not 50k, so was I cheated out of some dili or is someone wrong about this?

I think the devs reffer to the reputation proyects for the events, like cristaline catastrophe, in those you got 50.000 dil. and in a bonus weekend, you would receive 75.000 (i know i did that once), so for the onese saving for a new event, this is no longer possible..

I dont really care, i always knew that wasnt going to last, so i took advantage when i could :D
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    With the amount of things being excluded from this event these days it's really getting a bit lame. I'm sure by the next round contraband turn ins wont be included.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    the Anniversary Daily takes 5! mins to do and its not like there is anything else unlike th e Winter/Summer events :rolleyes:

What about minimum of 10 minutes per one toon? With all my 28 toons it's require about 5 hours in total, so after that time I just close the game till next day.
  • lionandthelamblionandthelamb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh boohoo, the substitute currency that I can use to purchase P2P items with instead of "REAL MONEY" that the devs give away for "FREE", isn't enough for me.

Lets go rant on the forums about how lousy their game is and complain about how much of a "grind" it all is....

GIBE ME FREE STUF NAO!!!!!!11one

Honestly?
    edited February 2015
    Ok guys and gals, you heard the Troll's order, each take one flaming torch each and I'll go get the battering ram.

We attack The Forum Time Gate at sunrise. Please check for your local time for the correct attack time.

What's a troll? :D

On a serious note though, that's exactly what it seems like to me. Every event all I see is complaints
    and I honestly don't understand why.

So what if the devs dont believe the game should live up to your expectations of "I want everything and I want it now!". How many other games give you the ability to "buy" stuff without spending a dime/penny/rupee (or whatever currency you happen to use). So what if you have to wait a little while. This game is unbelievably fast paced in terms of progression. There's another MMO with quite a few similarities to STO that I have been playing for five years now, and I'm still only mid-level, and it has a single annual Christmas event where they give away premium items for an entire two days! And people say STO are stingy with their events and premium services?

But I love that game, just as I love STO, and my point is, stop focussing on what they're not handing to you on a silver platter, and be gracious for what you get. It's not a grind at all, and if it is? Go do something else.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What's a troll? :D

On a serious note though, that's exactly what it seems like to me. Every event all I see is complaints
    and I honestly don't understand why.

So what if the devs dont believe the game should live up to your expectations of "I want everything and I want it now!". How many other games give you the ability to "buy" stuff without spending a dime/penny/rupee (or whatever currency you happen to use). So what if you have to wait a little while. This game is unbelievably fast paced in terms of progression. There's another MMO with quite a few similarities to STO that I have been playing for five years now, and I'm still only mid-level, and it has a single annual Christmas event where they give away premium items for an entire two days! And people say STO are stingy with their events and premium services?

But I love that game, just as I love STO, and my point is, stop focussing on what they're not handing to you on a silver platter, and be gracious for what you get. It's not a grind at all, and if it is? Go do something else.

Perhaps they are complaining because there is reason to complain the way STO is going.

Your comment on the other hand was pretty much a trolls effort to a start flame war. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    edited February 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    I think part of the issue here is that STO re-runs the "same event" (with the same announcement text, same event name, etcetera) but then makes the specially available event activities or rewards much reduced from previous editions of the "same event". So people are complaining because the "same event" is in fact not the same.

For example, the T5 rep dilithium rewards, which previously were affected by dilithium weekend bonuses (I claimed several with the bonuses during the dilithium event last August) but now (possibly during the most recent previous run of the event as well, but not before that) are not.

Well I suppose that would moderately annoy me if I had grown accustomed to such an expectation, but if inconsistency is all that's wrong here, what's with all the talk of ragequitting and claims of Devs with an evil ulterior motive to undermine and ruin players gaming experience?

Whatever their reasoning, i'm sure it's a logical and justifiable one. It might even even have something to do with what I said earlier about how fast-paced progression is. They might simply be trying to slow things down so the game stays interesting for longer. What I am certain of though, is that they are not purposefully trying to turn STO into an unenjoyable experience for it's users.

One point i do concede is the mention of 50k dilithium rewards for reputation completion. I recently completely completed a few on two characters and got 32k each time, but maybe that was just an oversight.
    spookpwa wrote: »
    Perhaps they are complaining because there is reason to complain the way STO is going.

Your comment on the other hand was pretty much a trolls effort to a start flame war. :rolleyes:

If not conforming to the general consensus of "insult cryptic for creating a horrendous abomination that destroys the very idea of star trek and ruins countless users lives" makes me a troll, then so be it. Admittedly I could have been a bit more tactful (guess I wouldn't make a good Diplomat DOFF) but it seemed to be relative to the level of intelligence i've witnessed so far. I apologise to those I have offended :)
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I suppose that would moderately annoy me if I had grown accustomed to such an expectation, but if inconsistency is all that's wrong here, what's with all the talk of ragequitting and claims of Devs with an evil ulterior motive to undermine and ruin players gaming experience?

Whatever their reasoning, i'm sure it's a logical and justifiable one. It might even even have something to do with what I said earlier about how fast-paced progression is. They might simply be trying to slow things down so the game stays interesting for longer. What I am certain of though, is that they are not purposefully trying to turn STO into an unenjoyable experience for it's users.

Perhaps it they should place that effort they placed in making more mandatory grinding into fixing bugs and making more content instead.

And some of the new changes they done is obviously intended to add large amount of new grinding with possibility to reduce it with large amount of real world cash.

Grinding is not enjoyable, that is why it is called grinding. :P

That being said they do have placed more content in game and I am happy about that part, but with that nice property of STO that content scale content was all they needed to add.
    And they do have a backlog of content they still do need to place in game to make all three factions equal in content.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem here once again is not the Dil nerf. I have never collected Bonus Dil for any Reputation completion.

The problem here is people keep seeing the game they wish they were playing instead of the game actually in front of them. When they compare the two, the actual version will always come up a distant second. Perfection is unattainable. STO has a ton of flaws and an owner who will charge for breathing air just as soon as they can figure out how to do so.

Despite these and the bugs which are obviously never going to be fixed in this lifetime, STO can be an entertaining way to waste a couple of hours. Which is all it should be viewed as. Nothing more.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great. I'm sitting on over a thousand Delta marks that i had saved up for this occasion.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

Ah what!....I have been holding back on my last rep projects for several weeks for nothing!

I have let more dil slip away over the past few weeks, by not finishing the reps, than I will earn now. Was counting on that dil boost, to make holding on to those last rep projects worth it.

Stupid me huh! for not seeing this one coming (no comments thanks :D )

Luckly I have 1000s of marks to use.