test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! The Dilithium Ore event runs from 10 AM PST Thursday, February 5th until 10AM PST Thursday, February 12th, 2015 at 10AM PST!

Learn more here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tonnbarttonnbart Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

You knew I was going to do that, didn't you? But you're having none of that.. well at least there's hope that the implementation isn't working.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    * Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    Ancient Power Cells...

If I were to find enough to turn them in, let alone complete Delta Reputation items... ;)
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Ancient Power Cells...

If I were to find enough to turn them in, let alone complete Delta Reputation items... ;)

This ^

At least add them to the Kobali zone so people have an excuse to go back.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yay, been saving for this.

edit: also bug hunt is the easiest way to get power cells.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

Figures... so much for holding back on this stuff... Oh well, time to unload all these Borg Processors.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation[/COLOR][/B]

Boooo! And might I add, Hiss!

Does this mean that 1) Omega Reputation Completion will now reward in line with the other Reputations and 2) All reputations are getting increased from 32.5K dilithium to 50K dilithium upon completion? Because that would make me a happy Cath.

Yes, I know the reasoning behind why this change was made, but getting all that extra dilithium still was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :(
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did all of the last dill events even when vip tickets were character bound. Today I really don't know if I want to get into this again despite the bonus. STO's just become way too much work. I'm demotivated. Crafting grind & crafting rng just killed it all for me.
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Another reason to hate you Cryptic, not to mention you are lying in the dev blog as the reward is only 32k(and from Omega even less, 9k). However, if you are raising the reward to 50k I am totally fine with that.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tucana66 wrote: »
    Ancient Power Cells...

A decent source for those was Bug Hunt. But since now its broken/"adjusted":rolleyes:, there isnt one anymore :(
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Boooo! And might I add, Hiss!

Does this mean that 1) Omega Reputation Completion will now reward in line with the other Reputations and 2) All reputations are getting increased from 32.5K dilithium to 50K dilithium upon completion? Because that would make me a happy Cath.

Yes, I know the reasoning behind why this change was made, but getting all that extra dilithium still was a lot of fun!

As far as I know these changes were allready in place. I do remember last dil event that this change was allready in place but wasnt annouced, becouse I did had project queued up and they werent getting the bonus anymore.
    And I think with the 50k dil mentioning, is about the 50k dil u get from the event rep projects like crystal entity or mirror invasion ones.

Anyway, nice event, Thank You.
  • Options
    hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What the heck, I do ask why the reputation T5 completions are being nerfed, really.

We'll go with that 50,000 dilithium quoted in the announcement (Never got that much from any of my reps for hitting T5 but whatever)

So you get 50,000 dilithium, how long does that take to refine? At 8,000 per day it takes 6.25 days to refine it all, so day 7 the pool you got is gone.

Lets take the 50% bonus and apply it to the 50,000 number, that gives us 75,000 to be refined. At 8,000 per day it takes 9.375 days to refine it all, day 10 the pool + bonus is gone.

It's seriously worth ticking off those that work for it and save it for those few days because they'd like to have an extra 3 days of dil padding? Granted there's multiple reputation projects to do this on, but still the benefit to the player is only a few days long.

God forbid people get an extra few days for a break from the grind and can focus on other things, it's not like we have anyone griping about how grindy things have become.... Ohh wait.
  • Options
    devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It says Event Reputation projects won't receive a bonus. I'm guessing that means events such as the Mirror Event. Claiming the T5 rep isn't an event reputation.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If the reward is being nerfed back to 32k dilithium, I will quit grinding reputations on my alts and will spend much less time online.

This is the kind of petty **** that fuels player rage unnecessarily. I get that you gotta eat but I'm not taking on a second job.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Cryptic would at least allow us to convert more than 50 marks that would be great.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has been in place since the last Dilithium Weekend. They no longer provide the 50% bonus for the 32k Dilithium Reward for completing T5 of a Reputation (9k for Omega). You are NOT getting 50k for T5 completion. The 50k that they mention is the Dilithium Reward for completing special events like Crystalline Catastrophe or the Mirror Invasion. Those also do not receive the 50% bonus.

Omega has always been a 9k Dilithium Reward, which was enough for a piece of the Ground Set. It is the only Reputation that did not provide sufficient rewards for a Space Set piece.

I don't know where people are getting this other stuff from.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It says Event Reputation projects won't receive a bonus. I'm guessing that means events such as the Mirror Event. Claiming the T5 rep isn't an event reputation.

That is correct. It was this way last dilithium event as well.

Time to make the dough nuts!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sweet, good thing I got those dil mining forms from the new lockbox.
  • Options
    ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tonnbart wrote: »
    You knew I was going to do that, didn't you? But you're having none of that.. well at least there's hope that the implementation isn't working.

You and me both. I've been holding hte mirror invasion project waiting for a weekend like this ,AND my delta rep T5's - sucks majorly.
  • Options
    thenoobcamperthenoobcamper Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It really seems like Cryptic wants to TRIBBLE all over the player base and make them quit.

Seriously, it's like you want to drive players away from your game. This makes no sense.....

(This is in response to the event rep not granting a bonus, on top of everything else that has happened over the last 6 months).

EDIT: Seriously, you complain that the forum sigs are unnecessarily rude, but then you take everything that was fun, and people looked forward to with the game, and just take it away. I am myself considering the tacky, Delta rising is the best and the players love it sig.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another reason to hate you Cryptic, not to mention you are lying in the dev blog as the reward is only 32k(and from Omega even less, 9k). However, if you are raising the reward to 50k I am totally fine with that.

I would be amenable to this change.

They specifically stated that

That's a copy paste. 50K would be actively generous for completing a reputation and would certainly nullify any complaints. I have three Delta reps that are going to finish so I guess I'm about to find out.

As long as they don't nerf DOFF mission payouts I'm cool.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I have 11 chars waiting to complete their delta rep after thursday patch so they just robbed me of 11*16k dilithium ore, lol.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I used to enjoy this event but taking away rep reward from the dil weekend makes this weekend very dissapointing
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Since when does completing any reputation reward 50,000 dilithium? 32,500 has been the maximum I've ever seen, and Omega is a measly 9,000. :confused:
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    thenoobcamperthenoobcamper Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Since when does completing any reputation reward 50,000 dilithium? 32,500 has been the maximum I've ever seen, and Omega is a measly 9,000. :confused:

See they want to "Trick" you into thinking it isn't that bad that they are taking it because you get 50,000. But no, you don't.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unless the Foundry is back up. I will pass on this event. Usually I love the foundry. Cause I can quickly hit a mission and move on. Then hit it again the next day, then move on. This way I get my Dil farming in, plus some other missions.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Omega is a measly 9,000.
    Apparently even a 50% bonus on 9K is too generous, even though we are paying their salaries. Ebenezer Scrooge, Silas Marner, and Cryptic Studios, all niggardly birds of a feather... :mad:

Cryptic giveth & Cryptic taketh away... :rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    there we go..another stupid change..changes like these are the reason why I stopped spending money on this game after I purchased the LoR-Pack back then..cryptic will - one day - learn to understand the problem when the lights in the office go out...:mad:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the extra Dilithium Ore.

:D

Time to shake the dust off my Alts so they can do some of my VIP Mining Claims.

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    tonnbarttonnbart Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm loving the fact that they waited until now for the reveal, it's like: Ohhh! You're so clever ey? Well, you wait on finishing that rep project - yes, yes.

Not that I'm behind the idea of having to save the Tier V rep turn ins, but that timing...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Uhhm 50k dili at the end of a reputation? Since when was that raised? i completed a reputation about a month ago and i got 32k, not 50k, so was I cheated out of some dili or is someone wrong about this?