What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Weekend Event (2/5 - 2/12)

Comments

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The problem here once again is not the Dil nerf. I have never collected Bonus Dil for any Reputation completion.

The problem here is people keep seeing the game they wish they were playing instead of the game actually in front of them. When they compare the two, the actual version will always come up a distant second. Perfection is unattainable. STO has a ton of flaws and an owner who will charge for breathing air just as soon as they can figure out how to do so.

Despite these and the bugs which are obviously never going to be fixed in this lifetime, STO can be an entertaining way to waste a couple of hours. Which is all it should be viewed as. Nothing more.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great. I'm sitting on over a thousand Delta marks that i had saved up for this occasion.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

Ah what!....I have been holding back on my last rep projects for several weeks for nothing!

I have let more dil slip away over the past few weeks, by not finishing the reps, than I will earn now. Was counting on that dil boost, to make holding on to those last rep projects worth it.

Stupid me huh! for not seeing this one coming (no comments thanks :D )

Luckly I have 1000s of marks to use.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    matkemp wrote: »
    Ah what!....I have been holding back on my last rep projects for several weeks for nothing!

I have let more dil slip away over the past few weeks, by not finishing the reps, than I will earn now. Was counting on that dil boost, to make holding on to those last rep projects worth it.

Stupid me huh! for not seeing this one coming (no comments thanks :D )

Luckly I have 1000s of marks to use.

You wouldn't have seen it coming because it already had during the last Dilithium Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Great. I'm sitting on over a thousand Delta marks that i had saved up for this occasion.

They will still net you a bonus. As will turning in the items. It's only the completion of the level 5 rep that won't get a reward, as well as something like Mirror Invasion etc.

Which is good, cos I've somehow ended up with 50 Voth cybernetic implants and a whole bunch of marks to turn in. I think I'll get the formal wear I missed out on.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    tullinsrtullinsr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a B.S. degree in Engineering Technology majoring in Electronics. I have worked extensively with electronics and computers most of my adult life. I have worked as a maintenance Supervisor for some very large Corporations. The equipment was different but the principles are the same. I have learned several things and would like to pass these words of wisdom on to you people at Cryptic.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. We expect new content and such, but don't change something just for the sake of changing it. Have solid reasons for it.

If there are bugs, like there are now, fix them. Don't make changes and add new content til the bugs are fixed. This will only compound the problems. We are still having some problems on the Borg Sector Block daily's. The Unimatrix does not appear. This gets very frustrating. We also have our Bridge Officers disappear where we have to reset their assignments and talents. We are suffering from bad lag to being disconnected frequently. This really makes us angry when we are teamed up in STF's. Fix the bugs first.

test your patches extensively on the Beta server. This will allow you to fix the bugs before they become a problem for us. Do NOT add to much all at one time. Don't have a new release at the same time you are doing an event. Don't have the events overlap. patches you used last year for an event may not work correctly for the same event this year. TEST it first. This will prevent bugs that are making everyone angry.

Game difficulties are driving a lot of us insane. Normal STF's should be able to be done by people with tier 12 equipment. Advanced with Tier 13 equipment, and Elite with Tier 14 equipment. if you make it impossible to complete these STF's, people will lose interest and go play an easier game to play. There are plenty out there that do not cause a lot of frustration in people, and are free to play also. Yes we realize you have to make it a little difficult to get the marks and special pieces to get the equipment for our ships, but don't make it impossible to advance our Captains.

We need more Tier 6 ships. We should be able to upgrade our T-5U ships to Tier 6 with upgrade tokens. You can add a console slot, upgrade the ranks of the Bridge officers, or add a front and rear weapon slot. Their is a lot you can do. Its kind of sad that most of the T-5U ships are better than the Tier 6 ships.

If you are unsure of a change, make a patch for it, put it on the beta server, and let us gamers test it. get an opinion from the people who play the game. WE are the customers you need to keep happy.

The dilithium weekend event starts today. it is overlapping the 5th Anniversary event. I wonder what bugs I will see when I log in after the patch.

tullinsr.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Uhhm 50k dili at the end of a reputation? Since when was that raised? i completed a reputation about a month ago and i got 32k, not 50k, so was I cheated out of some dili or is someone wrong about this?
    I'm pretty sure that it's only talking about one thing, not two. Especially since it's bulleted like so:
    •Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
    . ◦This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

The second line is templated as a clarification of the first. And as many have pointed out..... only EVENT rep projects actually give you a lump sum of 50k. T5 completion rewards are considerably less than that as-is.
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    What about minimum of 10 minutes per one toon? With all my 28 toons it's require about 5 hours in total, so after that time I just close the game till next day.
    Why bother? You don't actually need to do the Omega daily on everyone. Sure you get a bonus for it if you're Omega hunting, but the Samsar is discounted to 40 Q-marks once you get it on one character.
    One point i do concede is the mention of 50k dilithium rewards for reputation completion. I recently completely completed a few on two characters and got 32k each time, but maybe that was just an oversight.
    It's not an oversight. Rep T5 projects never have been worth 50k. I see no reason to believe that Trendy's statement is actually talking about rep t5 rewards at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    STO needs more leek.
    Just saying.
  • Options
    tonnbarttonnbart Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    You wouldn't have seen it coming because it already had during the last Dilithium Weekend.

The slotted rep projects - yes, but I've heard from several people on the forum that the tier V rep reward did indeed get boostet the last dilithium event. http://priorityonepodcast.com/rules-of-acquisition-87-learn-the-customers-weaknesses-so-you-can-better-take-advantage-of-them/
    It's even mentioned on the priorty one blog.

Anyway, I've vented and I'm ok with the change now. But you realize, that I've been planning the turn in for quite some time and understandably I feel bad when my party is pooped last minute. :)
  • Options
    zerotractionzerotraction Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is ignoring the major point. A dil event shouldn't be bonus ore that you have to refine. It should be "Good news everyone! The refining cap has been doubled just for the weekend!" That is a real event. I keep trying to figure out what benefit there is to increasing the grind when it isn't a required subscription anymore.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is in the event explanation in the game.

dilithium from reputation projects and t5 reputation missions remains at the normal rate.

But in the weekend event promotion page

Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

And the event has started but I can't get the +50% for returning marks or neural processors etc.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »

dilithium from reputation projects and t5 reputation missions remains at the normal rate.

Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

And the event has started but I can't get the +50% for returning marks or neural processors etc.

Those turn-ins are not so much rep projects, they work. And events start at 10 a.m., not when the server is up again. :P
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015

50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

Same problem, getting 50% bonus from contra and doffing, not from 50 mark turn-ins. I'll try again in an hour, though.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    From doffing +50% and I did a ground elite it gave +50% too, but that explanation for the event that I wrote is a bit worrying. And no extra dil for turning in marks or thingies.
    Galavant!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From doffing +50% and I did a ground elite it gave +50% too, but that explanation for the event that I wrote is a bit worrying. And no extra dil for turning in marks or thingies.

Then maybe I was wrong, but lets see what happens in 15 minutes. :o
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not getting extra dil from turning in marks/BNPs....??
  • Options
    kanonistiskanonistis Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this is unbelievable what Cryptic Guys changes here all time!
    Why the Reputation Mark and Rep Rewards do not give more Dilithium Reward?
    You nerfed the Mark Packages, T5 rep Diliithium Bonuses and now theReputation itself !

WHAT FOR DILITHIUM EVENT IS THAT???

Should we also go buy more and more Lock Boxes to obtain mining claims?
    No, i and all other here collects the Marks and claims... for only this reason, to break it on Dilithium Event!

Thank you Cryptic, Good JOB!
    Fleet Leader: Hellenic Space Force
    Characters FED: TAC Ponos - TAC Tromos - ENG Athena - ROM TAC Phovos - SCI Martyrium - REM Apatros
    Fleet: La Familia: SCI Stave
    KDF Fleet: Syndicate of Shadows: ENG Sha'Kal

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Save your outrage for 1:00 p.m. Eastern. If it's still this way in 3 minutes I'll join you :o
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Nope no added dil from those marks or thingies.

This is very annoying.
    Galavant!
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about now.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    post edited as the announcement was edited

when in doubt, nerf the frack out of it
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now I join the outrage.

I was expecting this to happen someday. And I guess the day is today. The last thing left will be 20 contraband for 1000 or something like that.

A sad day for me. And the end of dilithium weekends for me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now I join the outrage.

I was expecting this to happen someday. And I guess the day is today. The last thing left will be 20 contraband for 1000 or something like that.

A sad day for me. And the end of dilithium weekends for me.

What's funny is that they do these weekends so rarely, yet still find the need to nerf them into the ground just like regular rewards. Freaking lame...:rolleyes:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

So where is my bonus? :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope the rep marks/items bonus dil issue gets fixed soon...
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sf911 wrote: »
    I hope the rep marks/items bonus dil issue gets fixed soon...

Pretty sure it's working as intended read the in-game description of the event. It says all rep doesn't get the bonus.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After DR and the great launch of the 5th anniversary you would think something simple like a Dilithium event would work, well guess not.
    Bridger.png