What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Complete the Omega Molecule Daily

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have heard that changing instances and interacting with a different node sometimes allows the mission to complete. It's a little extra effort, but it might be better than being completely unable to complete the mission.

All of these work internally, so we're still having some trouble tracking down why they may be failing in a live environment. It may simply have to do with the high server load at the moment. We are still investigating it, though.

Here's a wild idea. Just give up on the grind and let us have the ship as a mission reward for "Dust to Dust". Like you did in the first three anniversaries.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's a wilder and better idea, make Dust to Dust easier to complete on 'normal' difficulty, wasn't able to complete it last night, didn't slow down enough from 'very hard' to normal on the last section for it to be passable through the lag.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have heard that changing instances and interacting with a different node sometimes allows the mission to complete. It's a little extra effort, but it might be better than being completely unable to complete the mission.

All of these work internally, so we're still having some trouble tracking down why they may be failing in a live environment. It may simply have to do with the high server load at the moment. We are still investigating it, though.

Sorrry, but no.
    I did that about a dozen times today on a toon.

First, if you did 2 nodes, you cannot do any other. At least I can scan for 2 nodes and no more.
    Second, as I said I switched about a dozen times with one toon today. It did nothing. Do you suggest I should have tried more instances?

I'll gave up then. And I did with my other toons as soon as ESD space showed up as destination.

If this problem gets not solved soon, I may quit the complete anniversary. No need to be in, if I won't get anything.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Here's a wild idea. Just give up on the grind and let us have the ship as a mission reward for "Dust to Dust". Like you did in the first three anniversaries.

Or, at the very least, let us earn Qmendations from repeating Dust to Dust. I'd definitely much rather do that over and over again, than that stupid minigame.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not a good answer, at least the the first half of your comment. The second half is more professional and is a better response. It sounds like you PWE/Cryptic did not do a server load test on their new content.

I hope that the situation is fixed soon and an extension is added to the event. I do suggest free Qmendation, like 40 time the number of days this issue continue.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tasshena wrote: »
    Here's a wilder and better idea, make Dust to Dust easier to complete on 'normal' difficulty, wasn't able to complete it last night, didn't slow down enough from 'very hard' to normal on the last section for it to be passable through the lag.

I completed it just fine on "Very Hard". Switch your char to shooter mode (default key is "B", IIRC). Also note that each time you get to a rest area mid-puzzle, you'll respawn there (which I was very pleased about, since it took me two or three tries to get the hang of the puzzle and I still died a few times on the final stretch of platforms).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I completed it just fine on "Very Hard". Switch your char to shooter mode (default key is "B", IIRC). Also note that each time you get to a rest area mid-puzzle, you'll respawn there (which I was very pleased about, since it took me two or three tries to get the hang of the puzzle and I still died a few times on the final stretch of platforms).

Don't step on the sparkling areas!
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ... (which I was very pleased about, since it took me two or three tries to get the hang of the puzzle and I still died a few times on the final stretch of platforms).
    Which by the way I immediately recognized and thanked out loud to Cryptic they took that approach.

What's unfortunate is that this patch dropped a lot of great fixes/new ideas in place but the only thing that will be remembered is another PR challenge.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since there is lag and rubber banding at ESD, sol and academy it isn't registering properly. I expect internally you don't see the lag and rubber banding so it works fine for you.

Anyone experience the severity of lag at K7 and vulcan? Probably not and it works fine there.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    suzy32 wrote: »

I'd be annoyed by the fact that you have been posting this in almost every thread pertaining to the technical issues of this event....

...if I still didn't find it damn hilarious. Benny Hill can make anything better, I swear. :D
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Ha,Ha, you wish :D
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    maybe if we wait 2-3 days it will go away?
    no? :D
  • Options
    merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Have attempted getting completion at the ESD space location 65 times, at varying nodes, in every instance I could get into. It will NOT grant completion, no matter the node, nor the instance that I try in. If you cannot reproduce this internally, how about your team looking at it on live, perhaps attempting the mission on live? K7 and Vulcan were both lag-ridden and rubber banding like crazy, yet it granted completion in both locations on the very first try.
  • Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Omega not working? Must be our fault for not 'clicking on a different node'. That is the lamest thing I have seen come out of the support. How about we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to do a simple mini game that lasts a few minutes.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just got the answer in the News rubberbanding thread - the correct location is the academy. This completes the mission.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I managed to get it working. I was on SFA - tried a few, switched an instance or two and finally got it.

The ground omega mini-game from SFA instance 5 gave me the credit for the Sol space part of the daily. This is the omega point located in front of the Mark Valentine memorial.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This does not work and is now the second failure in two days to make this work. Its time to take ownership instead of rolling out this mess of a content and hoping players will muddle through it - fix it and extend this event.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well I managed to get it working. I was on SFA - tried a few, switched an instance or two and finally got it.

The ground omega mini-game from SFA instance 5 gave me the credit for the Sol space part of the daily. This is the omega point located in front of the Mark Valentine memorial.

I've now just had someone else in my fleet try the same point and it worked for them as well. Odd, but it's something.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.

It's not working for all, at least for me. But yes, SFA interactions appear to be working.
  • Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just got the answer in the News rubberbanding thread - the correct location is the academy. This completes the mission.
    Yes because that makes sense...? I know it works, just how many people will know that.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited January 2015
    Day 2 of the bug event...bringing you more rubberbanding, and stuff that just isnt working.

-Boffs still magically become un-stationed
    -Event quest bugging and not able to be completed
    -Massive rubberbanding on ESD and Acad

-.- All of which are new bugs, I'm sure older ones are still alive and kicking.

Just need to do 1 of 2 things, either drop another 400Qmends on everyone giving yourself 10 days to fix this issue while preventing us from being behind on the event...or just come out with an apologize and make the even auto finish for everyone at 400 instead of 1000 (or otherwise after you finish the story mission)
  • Options
    merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Borticus, the workaround does work, tested it on 3 toons, and it's completing at the academy, when the mission is asking for sol system in space.
  • Options
    macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mee too, can not complete this mission. I did notice that at ESD space my deflector dish is not activating when I start the scan. However, the omega particle collection screen shows up.
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Nope, that didn't work for me.
  • Options
    toratareltoratarel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can confirm this. I was able to complete the quest by using a node in Starfleet Academy.
  • Options
    macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I tried this before I posted here, and this trick did not work... actually it was my second idea to try. I posted this in my other reply, but I'll post this again. I noticed my deflector dish is not activating for the scan at ESP space. However, the omega particle collection is working, but still not completeing that part of the mission.
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
  • Options
    dpsmafiadpsmafia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got it to work but it has to be the omega in front of the memorial, all the others i tried (3 of) did not work. What a total PITA really, get your act together cryptic really....
  • Options
    robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Worked for me.