test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Complete the Omega Molecule Daily

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
For the Omega Molecule Stabilization Daily, one of the locations I got was in the Sol System. However, whenever I complete the minigame, despite getting an Omega Molecule trace, it doesn't count toward the mission.

I've tried relogging, switching instances, and dropping the mission and picking it back up again. Still doesn't work. I was informed that I wasn't the only player experiencing such problems.

So, unless they do a hotfix at some point later this afternoon/evening, I'm basically gonna be missing out on my Qmendations for today.

I'm really hoping that they are considering extending the anniversary event timeframe, considering how much of a FUBAR these first few days have been, and seem likely to continue to remain for some time.

I know it's a vain hope. In all likelihood, they're just gonna tell me, and anyone else who complains, to just go buy Qmendations with Lobi. -_-
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I thought that was intentional?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Apparently the mission is bugged outside ESD. I got the Molecules on Vulcan and K-7, but outside ESD I've picked up six Traces so far, but gotten no credit toward completing the Daily. May have to just drop it later and hope tomorrow it doesn't have the same locations.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same issue for me. Sol System Space will not advance, no matter how many omega scans you accomplish. I have tried dropping and retaking. If I didn't have Earth Space Dock Space, I could probably advance.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    can also not finish the daily
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes ESD is bugged. Already sent out a bug report on this. Nobody seems to be getting this at moment, hope they fix it soon since want to have enough time for my rep ship. :rolleyes:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same here. I'm leaving after 12 particles...

And I'm seroiusly thinking about leaving this game for a while. :(
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    smiecho wrote: »

You and me both, brother. :(
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    smiecho wrote: »
    Same here. I'm leaving after 12 particles...

Got about 14, I feel like doing the same at moment because I feel like I have no choice on the matter until the dev fix's this. I'm surprised there's no maintenance yet.
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    bengusbengus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You and me both, brother. :(

alrdy have fk u craptic
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At least you guys are finding them, they do not even show on my end. I give up. Unless they fix the lag, tripple Q's running around boxes, no particles showing I'm just going to return some time after the anniversary is over. Good fun guys, really, a merry good time.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bengus2 wrote: »
    alrdy have fk u craptic

You need to:

... Learn to spell.
    ... Learn some manners.
    ... Go away, if you have really left the game (And really... we all know you havn't).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am seriously wondering if they are deliberately trying to drive their remaining playerbase away. For a celebration there's an awful lot of disappointment about.

Or is this STO's fifth anniversary redefining the meaning of celebration to abject despair?
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Same problem. How am I supposed to grind for the ship if the mission is bugged.
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same issue - completed the other two ares...at least they dropped off mission...esd space no complete after 6 particles
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Particularly annoying for me, as I only need to do the daily once more to get the ship...

... Then four more times for my alts. Bah.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Same problem. How am I supposed to grind for the ship if the mission is bugged.

This made me lol a little, but it's kinda true. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A response saying that they know of the problem and that they are working on a solution would be nice.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    A response saying that they know of the problem and that they are working on a solution would be nice.
    They are active in threads under Bug report section.

I don't blame them for ignoring General.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015

They posted three times now saying they are aware and that it will 'work itself out eventually.'
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited January 2015

They were rather quick to get a response out saying the Vaadwaur weapon's proc was bugged and that they were gonna work on a fix for it.

But, as usual, we get nothing but silence when it comes to issues that are an actual detriment to the playerbase.
  • Options
    isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They posted three times now saying they are aware and that it will 'work itself out eventually.'

Their response was essentially "People will either use Lobi to get the ship and stop clogging up the social areas, allowing others to achive it or players will just get fed up, and stop clogging up the social areas, allowing others to achive it."
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015

In laymans terms that would be something like stfu bend over and take it, eventually you'll learn to love it. Nice.

EDIT: What they said on twitter -

We're aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to fully clear up in 2-3 days
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015

That refers to the lag, not the mini-game, does it?

Unless the mini-game is particularly likely to be broken by lag in Earth Space Dock Space.

I guess the lag thing starts to make sense to me - whatever server is responsible to delivering the instance you are in is probably also responsible for the "on-demand" patching going on in the background - and everyone has to hit the social zones this anniversary for the mini-game. Still, it doesn't seem it was that bad in the Academy last year. Though... I actually didn't do the mini-game last year, so wasn't there all that much...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does everyone get the same zones to go to each day? I got vulcan, esd, and k7 as well. No wonder all the lag and other stuff.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I have heard that changing instances and interacting with a different node sometimes allows the mission to complete. It's a little extra effort, but it might be better than being completely unable to complete the mission.

All of these work internally, so we're still having some trouble tracking down why they may be failing in a live environment. It may simply have to do with the high server load at the moment. We are still investigating it, though.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have heard that changing instances and interacting with a different node sometimes allows the mission to complete. It's a little extra effort, but it might be better than being completely unable to complete the mission.

All of these work internally, so we're still having some trouble tracking down why they may be failing in a live environment. It may simply have to do with the high server load at the moment. We are still investigating it, though.

I've been trying for over 2hrs now to complete the Sol part of the daily. I've changed instances, relogged, verified files etc.. (you never know) used different nods.

Nothing. :( And this Sol part of the daily is the only thing holding me back from getting the new ship. :(

Edit: if it's working internally? You guys fancy running the daily on my account for me? :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

As I said in my original post, I have tried changing instances, as well as relogging, and dropping and then picking up the mission again. While I did not mention it in my original post, I did also try different nodes each time as well; the small stack of Red Omega Traces I had a little while ago can attest to this.

I genuinely wish you guys the best of luck investigating whatever the cause might be, and would also appreciate it if you guys could keep us posted in that regard, even if it's just to say that you're still investigating.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sorry, tried about 20 times instance jumping - no joy no luck.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This does not work on live, at all. It is impossible to complete if ESD space came up as an objective in the daily quest.

My only assumption is that internal testing is using the original ESD space zone or something instead of the current/live ESD space zone, since by all appearances it seems like the instance is simply not flagged properly to give credit. Please double check which specific zone map is being referenced here.
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela