What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Complete the Omega Molecule Daily

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.

Just to clarify, not all Omega spawns will work. Through some trial and error, a dude at SFA discovered that it currently works when the Omega particles near the coast will complete the objective.

Shout out to Nimir for finding this out.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    finniganhawkfinniganhawk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I tried dropping the mission for Bajor and all I received was the same mission (multiple times). I tried the ground particle twice (3-Now) and completed and received the particle, but it does not count for a completion of the Bajor Space scenario. So I would have to say that it is still bugged.

Ok I'm going to go out on a limb here,

I know we live in a society of "What have you done for me lately" and the Need to be "Wowed" to the umpteenth degree and "Big is better" but "Bigger is MORE Betteror".

Suggestion . .

How about, try not to overwhelm all at once, but overwhelm us with a series of "whelms" that equal an Overwhelm.

Say Have the 5th Anniversary Festival start with the Q -Quests then a few days later put in the "Dust to Dust" quest because it really doesn't matter if you do it on the first day or the fifteenth day as long as it is available for when you hit your 600 Q-mendations.

A few days (maybe a week) later give us the Boff upgrade, all called as part of the 5th celebration. and every few days add the rest, again all called part of the 5th Anniversary.

The logic in it is, if the patches for the new stuff are causing the rubberbanding and crashing, (by the way the Bennie Hill Type video was perfect, with the exception of maybe missing the abuse of the little bald guy) and the need to have the developers pulled in every which direction because any one who knows, will tell you this stuff just happens. It is fraught with it, because of the Human aspect. Users will find a way to stray from the chosen path.

Sorry I digress . .

If all the downloadable updates are causing it, then limit the output so then you can make sure its working Mass scale, then move on, heck give a day range, "In the next few days as part of the 5th will be introducing "x".

Just a suggestion . . . .
    (steps down from Soapbox. . . .
    You may resume your rubberbanding . . )
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dunno what to say to that dude. Even now I can still see people in Sol zone chat saying it's working. :(

I guess I'll just have to wait. Not much anyone else can do.
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Like many others have said, Bajor space is what I'm stuck on. No particles floating around.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    jeffaxp698jeffaxp698 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Really hate this mission. I just don't understand how it's supposed to be fun, or a reward, or celebrating the anniversary. Just a pointless grind, and takes too long to go through (when it works).

And yet another ALT killer, so tough to get this to work repeatedly to get this on more than one character...
  • Options
    indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Like many others have said, Bajor space is what I'm stuck on. No particles floating around.

Same here... bummer.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Instead of work arounds ((which are very greatly appreciated to help the players out so please don't stop with these))........

Can we have an ETA on when this issue will be fixed so we don't have to keep trying and trying and trying to find work arounds and have endless headaches trying to get our dailies done....

Pllleeaasseeee........
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They aren't giving any updates on their tech support forums either, anyone else feeling ignored?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Instead of work arounds ((which are very greatly appreciated to help the players so please don't stop with these))........

Can we have an ETA on when this issue will be fixed so we don't have to keep trying and trying and trying to find work around and have endless headaches trying to dpget our dailies done....

Pllleeaasseeee........

Considering it's Friday afternoon and they'll be breaking for the weekend soon, if they haven't already, then I doubt it's coming in the next few days.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm baffled as to why they haven't delayed the event yet because at the moment the longer this bug occurs then the less time we have to complete it, basically means we're the ones being punished for a broken game. :confused:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Instead of work arounds ((which are very greatly appreciated to help the players so please don't stop with these))........

Can we have an ETA on when this issue will be fixed so we don't have to keep trying and trying and trying to find work around and have endless headaches trying to dpget our dailies done....

Pllleeaasseeee........

How can they repair it, if they haven't found the reason / cause for that.

And I want to add, that you can only farm Omega when it appears. If it does not appear at the memorial, it won't work. Bajor ground as well, I did all Omegas there = nothing.
    So, if somebody says it's broken for him, I believe him. The same way I believe the people who had success. But it's currently a roll of dice, somebody gets lucky, other's don't.

As I don't see conclusive evidence, the same is true for Cryptic and that is why a patch isn't there yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Considering it's Friday afternoon and they'll be breaking for the weekend soon, if they haven't already, then I doubt it's coming in the next few days.

they should treat this like crunch time, no one leaves, no one goes home, and no one gets a day off till it is fixed. That is how any normal studio would run when something breaks.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it's all to do with their metrics they want us to log in every day just to see if it actually works :eek:
  • Options
    neoforce42neoforce42 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    m1957flax wrote: »
    How can they repair it, if they haven't found the reason / cause for that.

And I want to add, that you can only farm Omega when it appears. If it does not appear at the memorial, it won't work. Bajor ground as well, I did all Omegas there = nothing.
    So, if somebody says it's broken for him, I believe him. The same way I believe the people who had success. But it's currently a roll of dice, somebody gets lucky, other's don't.

As I don't see conclusive evidence, the same is true for Cryptic and that is why a patch isn't there yet.

Regardless they should at least delay the event, increase the timer, there's already enough evidence out there showing what problems are occurring, that should be enough to warrant at the least a response from them to say there trying to work on it. :rolleyes:
    vevutq3kggic.png

My ultimate Doom open world mod:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-compile-project
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    would be nice to give us something for our trouble, but we all know it won't happen I mean 2 days in a row of the event being terribly unplayable?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    None of the suggested workaround have been effective.
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They're trolling us. The actual daily freebies are the various points at which the grind game breaks. Today, it's no particle in Bajor space.
  • Options
    gotchapunkazzgotchapunkazz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As far as i can tell....SOL..DS-9..and Bajor are bugged.....Bajor the particle doesnt spawn at all..and Q only seems to be handing out missions with these loc's.....i have completed one daily with me main today..BUT that was on my klingon toon and all locations wer in klink space

hope this helps DEV's

P.S. ya cant buff awesome
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well that's it they've finished for the weekend, more patches on Monday folks.....
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The solution did not work for me; had to drop the mission and start a new one that fortunately did not include ESD in any way. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    NO, Q, I AM NOT ENJOYING OUR FUN TOGETHER! Your time together is filled with completely untested bugs because Cryptic's 'QA' is incompetent at best!

I'm sick and tired of Live being their testing ground instead of, you know, THE PTS SERVER.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Like several others, I too have a character stuck on Bajor (space). Yes, the particles are spawning on the planet's surface. No, those -don't- fulfill the mission requirement when it says to stabilize an Omega in Bajor (space). There simply are no Omega particles spawning in the Bajor (space) map to complete this mission with.

Unfortunately, it seems the random seed used to choose the locations you're sent to is fixed when you first accept the mission. (Or fixed at some point, for certain!) I dropped and reacquired the mission 5 times in succession and every time it gave me the same locations. So once you're stuck, you stay stuck. It would be nice if the thing at least re-randomized the locations each time so we might have a chance at getting a working combination.

Sure hope this gets fixed soon, along with other bugs. (My Romulan has a Dyson Science Destroyer -- the Commander seats on that are glitched since the Anniversary patch and the BOff skill changes.)

I too have to agree -- it would be a very good thing to extend the Anniversary event a few days to compensate for these issues. Please do give that some serious consideration.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It looks like today's daily has a disagreement between the Mission Completion Data, and the Text that is being displayed.

You should be able to complete the Sol System step by interacting with an Omega Particle at Starfleet Academy. This should allow the Daily to be completed.

If someone can confirm this, I'll see about trying to make this workaround more generally known.

Neither Academy, nor ESD (ground) doesn't complete space part for daily.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The first and best thing they should do right NAO is to extend the event by some days or a week while they work on a fix .
    It would cost them pretty nothing and it would be a nice gesture appreciated by the players
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After 2 days i managed to complete the SOL Earth Spacedock (space) part by scanning the particle at the Memorial at the Academy.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just had an issue today with Vulcan Space. I started the mini-game, got like 40 points and it cancelled. Still got credited for the Daily and got an Omega thingy, but it's still broken.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    trekwar10trekwar10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bajor is also bugged. alot of players, including myself, have been trying to find the Bajor System Space Omega Particle. nothing to be found.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic like reinventing the wheel, they call it New Modules, Anniversary Event, Summer Event and good ole Winter Event. :rolleyes:

There must be a Holiday somewhere in the world, cos I dont see alot of Dev work going on to fix these problems... #Youcouldn'tmakethissh*tupifyoutried.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    There must be a Holiday somewhere in the world, cos I dont see alot of Dev work going on to fix these problems... #Youcouldn'tmakethissh*tupifyoutried.

I thought I heard someone say it was the Super Bowl this weekday? Maybe I misheard. I'm not a sports fan, so I don't keep track of such things.

Going by Gecko's post, regardless of whether or not there's some outside special event going on, the devs are probably going to be spending most of the weekend partying. :(
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"