Install Arc
Options

Can't Complete the Omega Molecule Daily

1235»

Comments

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyone else finding that the supposed 50 second timer jumps forwards a lot and the game finishes early?

I've had it happen too many times to be a one time bug and it can really mess with your attempts to get anything from the game.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    I thought that was intentional?

At this point, I'm beginning to think it is! :mad:
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I just tried the SFA "Workaround", which wasn't, since no particles spawned at the memorial. I only have a limited amount of time to play during the week, and wrestling with bugged, untested, and half-workarounds does not appeal.

Cryptic, I really think you need to hire some outside programmers at this point, or completely redo your Q&A methods. Major bugs like this followed by failed fixes for a major event... I don't understand how and why PW allows this to continue. It's been around a year since loadouts were introduced (or has it been longer?), and still suddenly my ship will "forget" its BOFF assignments.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding that the supposed 50 second timer jumps forwards a lot and the game finishes early?

I've had it happen too many times to be a one time bug and it can really mess with your attempts to get anything from the game.
    I think it's rubberbanding. The game gets faster each time you complete a molecule, and sometimes it goes into catchup mode if there's lag.... IE it stays the same speed for a few seconds then rapidly accelerates to make up for being too slow.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    got lucky today and managed DS9 ground, drozana ground and Vulcan space.

With all the lag and rubber banding, sometimes it's a pain to do
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      Lag and Rubberbanding related to the launch should not be affecting any of you any longer.

In true Starfleet fashion, our engineering team over estimated the ETA on a fix.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

No, its still there and closing the original thread about this topic doesn't make it any better.
      The lag might not be at ESD anymore but other zones suffer badly for several days.

Looks like just waiting for it to go away didn't really solve the problem (as expected).
    • Options
      r1shathrar1shathra Member Posts: 15 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      The version with Bajor (Space) CANNOT BE COMPLETED!!!

Bajor gound is NOT working as an alternative!

There is a workaround. Pick up the Cardassian episode mission "Crack in the Mirror". The second stage of this mission will take you to Bajor VII with station and particles to mine.
    • Options
      yellowlatern1yellowlatern1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      I get same issue what the heck, i know if you wait till next day you drop it and get any other location that is not ESD it works fine i hope they compensate for those days or extend the 2 weeks more
    • Options
      architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      r1shathra wrote: »
      There is a workaround. Pick up the Cardassian episode mission "Crack in the Mirror". The second stage of this mission will take you to Bajor VII with station and particles to mine.

Really? . . . thats the workaround?!? I am supposed to do part of an episode so I can get a 50 second mini mission to work? About 1/3 of the Omega missions are borked for me . . . wont start, finish early, no particles in the area. However, in ALL of the games, right after I collapse a molecule, the game jumps ahead a second or two so I miss a few particles.
      Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    • Options
      prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      lordsteve1 wrote: »

Yes.

From what I've bene told, if you begin to collect from a particle that someone else is already collecting, when they end their game, yours ends. This could be anywhere from the full 50 seconds to zero, or so I've been told.

Luckily that in no way impacts one's ability to compelte the qommondation misison or collect the trace particles. It's just annoying...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
    • Options
      aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      The version with Bajor (Space) CANNOT BE COMPLETED!!!

Bajor gound is NOT working as an alternative!

Bajor space can be completed once you've done "Crack in the Mirror" mission. I can confirm this from doing it last night.

(You've probably already been told this but just in case!)
    • Options
      alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      As far as i can tell....SOL..DS-9..and Bajor are bugged.....Bajor the particle doesnt spawn at all..and Q only seems to be handing out missions with these loc's.....i have completed one daily with me main today..BUT that was on my klingon toon and all locations wer in klink space

hope this helps DEV's

P.S. ya cant buff awesome

The one for the sol system is very easy, if you failed to get it in orbit just go to the academy and run towards the recruitment building where Ferra is located. If you see a particle there you're in luck if not then change instances until you find it there.
      tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
    • Options
      terodorterodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      Sol space can be done on acadamy but there is no pointer so you might need to move around before finding the right area.
    • Options
      alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      For the bajor space molecule, do the mission "Crack in the Mirror". When you get to the bajor part of the mission there will be molecules in there.
      tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
    • Options
      rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      They ever get a fix for ESD space? It's still not working.