test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dust to Dust Anniversary Episode Bug Report Thread

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Dust to Dust Anniversary Episode 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

For Kobali Ship & Gear specific bugs please report them here in this thread.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    During the opening space battle there seems to be a delayed reaction after you destroy the last of the Vaadwaur. When I did this (and saw it acknowledged on my objective list), the next objective is to hail Hanchon Jetalian, but the interact button to do so didn't come up for me until after several minutes of flying around aimlessly. Then without warning, something blew up behind my ship and suddenly I was able to hail Jetalian.

I'm not sure whether this actually was a delayed reaction, or if there's some kind of reach marker the player has to hit before the mission can continue (sort of like the issue with the Farn patrol where the waves of Vaadwaur stop spawning if you wander too far from the center of the map).
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please reply here with any bugs or concerns found after the launch of the new Dust to Dust Anniversary Episode 1/29 on the Holodeck Server.

For Kobali Ship & Gear specific bugs please report them here in this thread.

Please only report bugs or problems here so we can keep the thread focused on Fixes, not on opinions of why individual users are unhappy with the system. We value feedback and want our players to be happy and enjoy our product, but for the sake of fixing current issues, we want to keep this a technical thread.

Any discussions about new systems should be direct to the General Discussion Sub-forum.

Thanks everyone, and please be patient as our Dev team is working on fixes to the current problems experienced after our launch today.

~CaptainSmirk

shouldnt you have tested and bug fixed it BEFORE releasing it to the masses?
  • Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Delayed UI. Delays in abilities showing ready, multi clicks to get ability active.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After the space battle, upon beaming down the client stopped responding and crashed to desktop without any error reporting box.
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me, I'm having a heck of a time in the ground portion of the mission when you need to shoot nodes to extend walkways. I picked the "Normal" setting and was informed I'd have 8 seconds on each platform before it retracts. I shoot a node, step on the walkway and before I'm even able to target the next node the one I'm on retracts. So much for 8 seconds.

I mentioned this in one of the chat channels I belong to and someone mentioned that there are "electrified" portions of the walkway that if you step on them, it causes the walkway to retract much sooner. I made it a point to look but I saw no "electricity". I'm guessing that if this is ended the case it would look similar to the electrified floor earlier in the mission.

"Normal" should be easy, and currently, it is not. I could understand adding the "electrified" obstacle on the harder difficulty levels, but if it IS actually there, doing so on "Normal" just seems dumb.

Maybe I'm just too slow and stupid, but I give up even trying this thing anymore until things are fixed. Hopefully soon™.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    slightlystr8slightlystr8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I completed everything using the hardest options, received an accolade.

Discovered the new bridge officer and accepted her.

I beam off the Kobali bridge at the end, beam out confirmed all objectives completed.

I load into sector space and NO REWARDS, Bridge officer GONE, only thing left was the stupid accolade.

Seriously guys, wtf?

**Logged back in and now the Kobali bridge officer is back, sigh**

Still no Q-mendations, NOT EVEN 1, there's supposed to be 400!
  • Options
    springplankjespringplankje Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After i had finished the quest, i didn't gain any rewards.
    That kobali warp core is way better than the 1 i currently have, which makes me sad :(
    i hope there is a way to fix that.
  • Options
    phoenixianmodphoenixianmod Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    as i had no room in my active roster at the point where i recieved the boff in the maze it went to the reserve roster to make room for it. after i've done that i noticed that the boff was nowhere to be found.
    so i discarded some to make additional room in the reserve roster.
    after relogging the boff didn't appear so i went in the mission a seccond time to get her.
    after trying to re-obtain her i got the message that i can only have one of these unique items, but after checking again i still don't have that boff.
    the boff also isn't to be found in the overflow bag.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    as i had no room in my active roster at the point where i recieved the boff in the maze it went to the reserve roster to make room for it. after i've done that i noticed that the boff was nowhere to be found.
    after relogging the boff didn't appear so i went in the mission a seccond time to get her.
    after trying to re-obtain her i got the message that i can only have one of these unique items, but after checking again i still don't have that boff.

BOFF WHAT BOFF....... I played this mission and i did not get a Boff?!?!?!?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    BOFF WHAT BOFF....... I played this mission and i did not get a Boff?!?!?!?

it's a hidden reward, if you manage to find her you get an engineering/command boff.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rnaught wrote: »
    For me, I'm having a heck of a time in the ground portion of the mission when you need to shoot nodes to extend walkways. I picked the "Normal" setting and was informed I'd have 8 seconds on each platform before it retracts. I shoot a node, step on the walkway and before I'm even able to target the next node the one I'm on retracts. So much for 8 seconds.

I did this on Very Hard. When I replayed, I picked the easiest difficulty by hitting F to fast. I couldn't tell any difference in the time the platforms were out. Might have been one, I found the section easy myself and just rushed through it.

The electrified portions of the walkway are very obvious, but maybe detail settings affects their effect? It's the part without the stripe indicating the time that platform will be extended, in any case.
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Posting to let you know it is still a problem. I have chronic migraines and the rubberbanding is so bad it almost triggered one. I will keep an eye out for the "we have fixed it" announcement. Thank you for setting up these stickies to make it easy for us to see and thank you for keeping us informed. It really means a lot to the players.

*by the way, some of my fleet aren't having issues. Not sure if that makes a difference to help identify anything.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21983941#post21983941

Make sure to read this post/thread about the Kobali uniform reward. While we are working to get this fixed in next week's patch, you can avoid loosing out on the uniform.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On the ground I got to the maze portion of the mission. However, it seems that my graphics are too low, that I am unable to make out any details as to which way I am moving, or if I am hitting a wall or some other object. Mind you my graphic settings are already set at the lowest level in order to play the game at all. Do not know what I can do about this at this time.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • Options
    bluethirdworldbluethirdworld Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Outside the temple on the ground map: after defeating the Vaudwaar ground troops I noticed there were several invisible enemies still around, untargetable by me but only by the boffs. I could see the buff/debuff icons floating in the air... I was about to give up, but then eventually whatever enemy it was died and I was able to continue on. Otherwise no problems, interesting mission.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Outside the temple on the ground map: after defeating the Vaudwaar ground troops I noticed there were several invisible enemies still around, untargetable by me but only by the boffs. I could see the buff/debuff icons floating in the air... I was about to give up, but then eventually whatever enemy it was died and I was able to continue on. Otherwise no problems, interesting mission.

Aye, this is what I was going to post. In order to target the tanks, I had to select a BOFF that was shooting at them and then proceed to fire away...could not target them otherwise.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it's a hidden reward, if you manage to find her you get an engineering/command boff.

I have yet to find this boff, and I have checked every nook and canny in that mission.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    huntorhuntor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have yet to find this boff, and I have checked every nook and canny in that mission.

I found it.

WAI

Bug report: Harry die on the plates after you disable the security system (he spawn on them when it's still on). It's very funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    with the final accolade in the mission where the 2 harry's come together on the kobali bridge i was able to get "Twin Souls" on my science girl, yet on my main i did not achieve this, and even repeated the mission to get it yet it did not pop, will try a run through again after maintenance and see if it has been corrected..
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the beginning of the mission, the flashback showing Harry dying in the episode "Deadlock" the text says "34 years ago" it should be "38 years ago." Whoever wrote it was probably thinking of the episode "Ashes to Ashes" as it happened 34 years ago.

Deadlock was in 2372. 2410-2372=38 years

Ashes to Ashes was in 2376, 2410-2376=34 years.

Of course, I also reported that the button to return to Romulan space from the Jenolen Dyson Sphere says "return to the Alpha Quadrant" and not "return to the Beta Quadrant" and that never got changed either. But please change this one.

*EDIT* For the rest of the mission, everyone says it's been 32 years.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't complete the mission.
    My game client crashes randomly every time I try to play through the mission.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Aye, this is what I was going to post. In order to target the tanks, I had to select a BOFF that was shooting at them and then proceed to fire away...could not target them otherwise.
    Same problem, in my case I let myself damage by an AoE which is how I got the target.
    The Hidden Boff is appearing in the minimap (with an "i"). Though that doesn't necessarily make it easy in the maze, you can at least pinpoint whether you're going in a reasonable direction.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

i recieved my boff after the last patch, it was in the overflow bag.
  • Options
    slightlystr8slightlystr8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still have no 400 Qmendations, no uniform or weapon. Why is it so hard to just reward us for doing your damnable puzzles?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    huntor2 wrote: »
    Bug report: Harry die on the plates after you disable the security system (he spawn on them when it's still on). It's very funny

Confirmed. Luckily this isn't a prog stopper as he will pop to your location alive and well when you interact with the next door after that.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    vesh20vesh20 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a DELAY in abilities 2-3 seconds or I need to klik on ability several times for a single response.....this in PvP is anoying! Please fix it. Thank you in advance! :)
  • Options
    usskinotousskinoto Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    [System bug]
    My KDF Character accept the kobali bridge officer but didn't get, no overflow bag shows up.

[Graphic bug]
    Also the Vaadwaur tanks in front of Kobali temple are invisible but can be targeted, and powers like "battle strategies" shows where they are.

Mission was played always on "hard" options.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it intended that i can claim multiple kobali BOffs but only one will actually join my crew? If i click on join (or whatever button there is in english. In german it says "Beitreten" meaning"join") but they still show up as BOff candidate not as active Boff. Why not. i Can´t have an all Orion Away Team (as Fed) because of the Diplo restrictions and i can´t even have an all Kobali Away Team?

Let us have multiple Kobali and also let us change their appearance. Their face is always the same. Allow us to make them look like Jhet'leya
  • Options
    gr3yl1g3rgr3yl1g3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't complete the mission.
    My game client crashes randomly every time I try to play through the mission.

If you can, could you go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and tell us if the first "Application Error" log has "Exception code: 0xc0000374
    " in it?
    If it does, then it's probably the same crash-to-desktop others are having with Nvidia drivers newer than 320.18 or AMD drivers newer than 13.4.

Also, if you know them, what are the specifications of your system (CPU, RAM, GPU & OS should be fine)?
  • Options
    erondaserondas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also have not received the Kobali boff. It seems as if the boff is not deposited properly in your inventory if your boff roster is full.