Install Arc
Options

Dust to Dust Anniversary Episode Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Options
    cyranorpcyranorp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erondas wrote: »
    I also have not received the Kobali boff. It seems as if the boff is not deposited properly in your inventory if your boff roster is full.
    I/m having the same issue. And on replays the BOFF is still there but I get a message saying I cannot have more than one unqiue item.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gr3yl1g3r wrote: »
    If you can, could you go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and tell us if the first "Application Error" log has "Exception code: 0xc0000374
    " in it?
    If it does, then it's probably the same crash-to-desktop others are having with Nvidia drivers newer than 320.18 or AMD drivers newer than 13.4.

Also, if you know them, what are the specifications of your system (CPU, RAM, GPU & OS should be fine)?

I finally completed it once after all the disconnects, crashes, & lag 6 hours later.

I couldn't locate the error log but that sounds like it may be that.

Intel Core i5-2500K, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Windows 7 Ultimate

Did the new patch make it worse?
  • Options
    gr3yl1g3rgr3yl1g3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I finally completed it once after all the disconnects, crashes, & lag 6 hours later.

I couldn't locate the error log but that sounds like it may be that.

Intel Core i5-2500K, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Windows 7 Ultimate

Did the new patch make it worse?

Personally, since around Christmas after the launch of Delta Rising I've only really been able to do pre-DR stuff, due to the crash related to the exception code i mentioned before.
    Mind you, my specs are: Intel Core i7-3770K (OC'd @ 4.2GHz), 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, EVGA 6GB GTX 780 SC ACX (Factory-Overcloked GTX780 with 6GB V-RAM and EVGA's ACX 1.0 cooler) & Win7 Ultimate.

Whilst some folks have been able to get things working with the 320.18 drivers from Nvidia (and 13.4 drivers from AMD) as mentioned here, those of us on GTX 700-series GPU's can only use 337.88 drivers as the oldest, 344.48 drivers being around the time Nvidia basically backported things like DSR (Dynamic Screen Res) from the GTX 900-series to the GTX 700-series.

Those of us having this problem and using GTX 970's & 980's are kinda S.O.L until the underlying problem (on Cryptic's end) is fixed, same for those on something like a GTX 750Ti through a Titan/Black/Z (the Titan Z being a pair of 6GB Titans in one-card SLI for 50% over the price of 2 separate Titans).
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I noticed that the retracting walkway seemed to retract too early. I talking about every one of them when you use it for the first time. I respawn and get to the point where I fell and this time it would remain out for 8 sec and then the next one retracts too early. This mission was done on normal so the only thing I lost was patience, but it is quite irritating see the same thing over and over no apparent reason other than questionable programming. :confused:
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well my game client crashed twice tonight already and it is that error code.
    Oddly I didn't have the problem before the latest patch. :(
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    let us change their appearance. Their face is always the same. Allow us to make them look like Jhet'leya
    considering she has the same problems as potato boff had (missing body pieces on some uniforms, wrong pieces available such as bare and caitian hands and a tail, fed clothes on kdf character), she was probably supposed to be uneditable like he was.

besides, you can change her face.

at least you can give her different clothes, it'll get patched out in a few weeks like potato was, and everyone will again be stuck with another identical boff.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    deleted .....
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    apocalypse72apocalypse72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    another missing kobali boff, full roster, the boff appears stuck in overflow bag.
  • Options
    alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm another one who got the invisible Vaadwaur tanks outside the Temple.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I had this too. I just logged my character out and back in and the tanks became visible.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That made the 16th crash since patch. :rolleyes:

Make a crash issue a priority please.....

This is sad, that game used to be stable if buggy for me before. :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Claiming reward bug on "Dust to Dust"

if you claim the "beam array" instead of the Kobali Uniform, on the first run, you can't get the uniform any more :mad:

afected alt : Mei Ling@nazelnag
  • Options
    lordbane2110lordbane2110 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Completed mission, found the Kobali in the maze

yet didn't receive her afterwards, annoying as hell
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    OK, the invisible tanks are a known issue and IIRC there's a fix inbound. The graphics related crashes are a known issue, but I have no knowledge about where work on that stands.

For the retractable bridge puzzle, try avoiding the electrified plates. These are the rectangular plates placed in various patterns along the bridges. Stepping on those can also trigger the bridge to retract. In any case, I will pass on your concerns about the bridge puzzle.

On the Kobali Boff being missing for those with full rosters, I'll be investigating this, but just to make sure, if you've not yet done so please check the Overflow Bag (if there is one), and also open the Stations tab of the Status window. At the bottom is a button labeled Show if you have any uncommissioned BOff Candidates. Check that for the Kobali Boff as well. If all that fails to turn up the Kobali Boff, let me know the name@handle for the affected character.

Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    (...)
    For the retractable bridge puzzle, try avoiding the electrified plates. These are the rectangular plates placed in various patterns along the bridges. Stepping on those can also trigger the bridge to retract. In any case, I will pass on your concerns about the bridge puzzle.
    (...)
    Thanks for the reports.

"Harry could give some information about them" or be available in a short text.

What about the "you better claim the kobali uniform on the 1rst run, or you won't be able to claim it later !?" my alt is naked with rags :(
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think it would make sense for the Kobali BOFF to be uneditable, given that other than the head, the body type, etc. is very humanoid-standard and should not cause clipping issues any more seriously than are already occurring with standard BOFFs.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    nazelnag wrote: »
    What about the "you better claim the kobali uniform on the 1rst run, or you won't be able to claim it later !?" my alt is naked with rags :(

Also a known issue with a fix inbound.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Also a known issue with a fix inbound.

thank you very much for the information :)
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I just logged in to let the Devs know that I can not finish the Omega Piratical daily mission because Starbase K-7 isn't finishing up the mission when I do it. I tried every instance and every Omega Particle and none of them are finishing the final place I need for me. I seriously want this damn ship and how the **** can I get it if the damn missions won't even complete for me!!!
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015

yeah it's a persistent bug - I'v only seen the tanks 2x, but have completed the mission 7x.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I finished it in under 2 mins and got that accolade "Static Sprinter" but the other one for not dying "Electric Slider" was not awarded. I think it was due to the npc follower "Captain Harry Kim" dying when he was trying to get to me after I deactivated the electrical floor trap. Seems he spawns before the floor trap is fully deactivated and so he dies and I dont get that accolade.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Kobali BOFF is restricted to fed costumes, even when used with a KDF/Romulan captain.

Not sure if it was reported, but this is clearly an issue for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please check out the Patch notes for this week for the info on the fix incoming for the Kobali reward bug.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066063-release-notes%3A-february-5th%2C-2015

We hope this resolves this issue for everyone!

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the Anniversary event!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Nice to see that floor is a bit more marked, but if you read through thread on GNN you would see that everyone but a few exception thought the floor was a bad idea to begin with.

As far as Dust to Dust goes, with exception for the story, people is not enjoying it.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

• Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Crash to desktop upon speaking reaching the first section of ground fighting. No Cryptic reporting program launched. Federation Trill Science officer. Ouzbel.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 54d2ac4d
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_5016
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce753
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5016
    Additional Information 2: 50161fa6dd3c0f792cff283e184ddee4
    Additional Information 3: a04f
    Additional Information 4: a04f7e0ec47125a573fb25956349dbd4
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been getting a lot of random crashes since Dust to dust came out.
    I tried updating drivers, resetting ingame graphics to defaults,(had same issue a while back and restting graphics solved it, but not this time), have no other programs running, tried running sto without arc, nothing seems to work.
    Have EVGA GTX 760, i7 860 @2.80GHZ, 8GB ram, all latest drivers.
    Asked in chat, and seems there is a few of us experiencing these crashes since dust to dust was released.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    masterares1masterares1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have been unable to complete the new mission on any of my characters. I am able to get to the part "Into the Depths" when you go into the temple, but then it goes to the loading screen and continually crashes. I have tried loading the game in "Safe Mode" as well as "force verify" on the options tab but anytime I try to "continue" the mission it crashes again. It has also crashed randomly on other missions but I have been able to work through them still. I cannot however get past it crashing whenever I try to continue "Dust to Dust." This started after the update. Is there a way to delete the most recent update without re-downloading the entire game to re-patch it. Maybe there is an error some where with the most recent update? Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Options
    masterares1masterares1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have also now used all of the proxy servers, run a dxdiag, made sure all my drivers are up to date, etc and so far nothing has helped. It crashes every time I try to continue the mission from the point of "Into the Depths" where your character follows Harry into the Kobali temple.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rolling back drivers didnt work
    time for cryptic to fix this problem, as i am sure some of us are sick of it crashing all the time, i for one am sick of it

Edit :

So, since rolling my drivers back didnt work, i reinstalled the latest drivers. As i was doing that, i remember some time ago reading in a forum somewhere, that the 3D controller driver and the 3D driver for Nvidia were causing problems, so, upon remembering this, as i was doing the reinstall of my drivers, i done a custom install, (as i always do because i dont use geforce experience as that also caused me problems a while back, again read that in a forum somewhere too, uninstalled it, fixed problem), so all i was actually installing this time was the video drivers, and audio drivers.
    Since doing this a few hours ago, not one crash. So, if you have 3D controller and 3D drivers installed, might be worth a try in getting rid of them.
    OR cryptic looks into why our 3D drivers and game client are clashing.
    Sounds strange this might be the cause tho, as i dont play the game in 3D or in simulated 3D.
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    craig76 wrote: »
    rolling back drivers didnt work
    time for cryptic to fix this problem, as i am sure some of us are sick of it crashing all the time, i for one am sick of it

Yes, we are utterly sick of all the crashes since anniversary went live. :(
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg