test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode - Dust to Dust

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We're pleased to announce that our latest Featured Episode - Dust to Dust is now live! We've gotten disturbing reports of more Vaadwaur incursions on Kobali Prime! Captain Harry Kim needs your help on Kobali Prime fighting them off, as well with uncovering why the Vaadwaur are so drawn there.

Take a look at the new Kobali Hyper-Impulse Engines you can get.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It shows how much someone must love the Kobali if they actually went and got the mom form "the Suite life of Zack and Cody"... not many other one episode bits featured in the game have VAs.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We're pleased to announce that our latest Featured Episode - Dust to Dust is now live! We've gotten disturbing reports of more Vaadwaur incursions on Kobali Prime! Captain Harry Kim needs your help on Kobali Prime fighting them off, as well with uncovering why the Vaadwaur are so drawn there.

~LaughingTrendy

But..i dont wanna go under a temple....its dark and scary and....that creepy hologram from drozana might start calling me bonniekin again :eek:
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well it's pretty awesome so far - Kobali Uniform as a possible reward, plus the Kobali lost in the temple? So much win.

EDIT: To end a debate going on on chat, does anyone know if the 400 Qmendations is a once per account or once per character deal?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm worried about the set - the parts are accesible only on one day?
    And it's a day, when the game is down for 3-4 hours?
    In Europe it's around 3-6 PM - it's the best time to play.
    There is low chance that I get all parts for all my 11 toons if i have only 3 hours to play.
    I'm working man d... it!
    At leats make the parts accessible on 2-3 days please!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for more garret voice acting! Also, very much looking forward to seeing how this plays out. And great big thanks for getting Kim to do the voice work and reprise her role. Always love seeing more trek actors in game.
    johngazman wrote: »
    Well it's pretty awesome so far - Kobali Uniform as a possible reward, plus the Kobali lost in the temple? So much win.

EDIT: To end a debate going on on chat, does anyone know if the 400 Qmendations is a once per account or once per character deal?
    Per character if its like last year. Also, see the math here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21951401&postcount=428
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    There is low chance that I get all parts for all my 11 toons if i have only 3 hours to play.
    I'm working man d... it!

Parts are available forever. Just like the set from last year's episode. The only things time limited are the free ship and today's free costume.
    edited January 2015
    You did not read mission reward descriptions?
    Available Febraury 5, 2015:
    Kobali Deflector...
    Available Febraury 12, 2015:
    Kobali ... engine...
    Available Febraury 19, 2015:
    Kobali... shield...
    I would like it more if it was from 5 to 12 and so on...
    If the parts will be only for 1 day... Ouch
    No way i can do this mission on 11 toons in 2 - 3 hours :mad:
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm working man d... it!

Sorry for the confusion, the rewards are accessible starting on that day and afterwards. So on February 24th, you'll be able to choose all the rewards listed.

Basically, they are unlocked to choose starting on those days.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
    edited January 2015
    Ah - sorry for panic... :o
    And thanks for info :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just checking that this mission will be slotting in our mission journal afterwards, and if so what level requirement will it be? I am assuming it is 60 :(

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for the confusion, the rewards are accessible starting on that day and afterwards. So on February 24th, you'll be able to choose all the rewards listed.

How about NOT date-gating stuff to artificially pad log in metrics, and just let people play the game THEY want to? :mad:
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2015

What about the Kobali Costume? Is that a one day only deal or can we get that at any time during the event?
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it implies it should be there fore duration atleast if not perminatly. The Year 3 Yesterday's Enterprise belt and sash are still in the rewards list for Temporal Ambassador.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Who's bright idea was it to date gate rewards? What the hell guys!?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Just checking that this mission will be slotting in our mission journal afterwards, and if so what level requirement will it be? I am assuming it is 60 :(
    I was able to get the mission prompt on one character (level 10) but I didn't do the mission on said character, instead, I did it on a character who was on Kobali Prime already (level 54), and I was able to do the mission.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure if this should go here or elsewhere, but this mission appears to be bugged when the *redacted* show up, twice now my ship has stayed at red alert, preventing progress through the mission. I just closed the client and am relogging now, I'll see if I can pick up where I left off.

I was able to, and was no longer at red alert. This is the second character (of two attempts) to run into this issue though.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    -The Time gate rewards sucks.
    -The maze was terrible. Probably just me, but I was lost near the end, and it was super frustrating.

Everything else is fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This was a good episode, and the only bright spot of this miserable update.

The reward system is questionable. Obviously done to satisfy login metrics. Has it really gotten to this point with you guys now?
  • tavia12tavia12 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Be Real Nice if Some of US could Log IN and Check this out for Ourselves... Server Crashes everytime I get to that Cryptic Loading Page....
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jsck82 wrote: »
    Not sure if this should go here or elsewhere, but this mission appears to be bugged when the *redacted* show up, twice now my ship has stayed at red alert, preventing progress through the mission. I just closed the client and am relogging now, I'll see if I can pick up where I left off.

There seems to be some kind of delayed reaction there. After seemingly destroying the last REDACTED (and seeing that acknowledged on my mission checklist), I flew around for awhile without being able to hail REDACTED. Then for no apparent reason there was an explosion behind me, and suddenly the interact button appeared to hail REDACTED and get on with the mission.
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was so willing to play the new episode but my BOFFs were AWOL, and by trying to get them back into their positions I noticed that their abilities are lost. So I logged out in hopes that you can fix that. Because there is no easy way to retrain them back to where they were right now.
    I am really disapointed about that right now.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I enjoyed this new mission. It felt a bit long and some things were a little repetitive but I enjoyed it a lot more than everything added for Delta Rising. The maze was excellent and fun to explore for the accolade! The Kobali officer is a nice bonus to the mission. The platforms were fun a well but they seemed slightly over-done. Some of the dialog feels a bit drawn out and there was an instance where two NPC's dialog overlapped. That happened with the Hirogen encounter.

I palyed through the mission on elite and chose both hard challenges. I felt everything was balanced all but the ships for each space combat. Some of the hull hit points made them tedious kills. My ship may not be high DPS but the NPC's weren't exactly scratching me much. Perhaps a little more DPS and a bit less hull would work better. At least then, they would pose more of a threat.

Thank you for this excellent addition and the first piece of added story content I have thoroughly enjoyed since Temporal Ambassador! :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't find it fun in the slightest to be honest. Far too many instadeaths, that maze and inaccurate timings on the retracting bits over the chasm (if that was 5 seconds, then I'm Taylor Swift. It was more like 2). The whole thing was tedious.

The concept however, was interesting.

If y'all could fix the now horrendous UI lag with regards to boff and captain power activations, that'd be great.
    I need a beer.

• slightlystr8slightlystr8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I finished the mission, beamed off the Kobali bridge and NO reward, no one to hail, just the prompt in space asking if I wanted to start the mission!!!!!!!

I did receive the Accolade "Magnificent Five" that does show up in my accolades.

I logged back in and my new bridge officer I got during the mission is gone!!!!!!
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's a BOff reward for this mission?

I saw no BOff in the reward screen.

Let me guess, it's broken/bugged?

:rolleyes:
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rnaught wrote: »
    There's a BOff reward for this mission?

I saw no BOff in the reward screen.

Let me guess, it's broken/bugged?

:rolleyes:

The BOff is lost in the maze. You have to find him and let him join your crew.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't complete the final long plank run. So I guess I will never get the items. I don't know if its me being older an not as hand to eye co-ordinated or not. Yet after trying to get past one part for more than an hour I gave up.

Normal/easy should be normal and easy. Like if you fail so many times you get to go across automatically.

I wish they would've made this episode different. I know other people have had problems in other areas, but for me it was the planks moving across.

And for all those people that thought it was easy. Please remember I'm an over 40 yr old ST fan, and tried many different things during that hour from people in the chats. After some 60 fails you just have give up on ever getting across.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not as bad as I feared. I was hoping for an epic Reason You Suck speech at Q'Nel, but the ending was satisfying, even if the episode had a lot of needless Kobali hypocrisy.

Combat was ridiculously easy, even on advanced; I did everything on super-hard, enemy difficulty Advanced, tons of lag, and the only stuff I had any trouble with were the traps--those WERE difficult. At least, with every red option and lots of lag TRIBBLE with me.

Voice acting was good; Ballard/Jhet'Leya's Action Items were a bit annoying, but her acting was solid. Captain Kim was awesome, Ensign Kim was basically the polar opposite of Poor Dumb harry from the show.

Art is flawless.

Enjoyable enough. Good job.
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    awful, felt like captain mario from star plumbers rescuing princess peach from an existential crisis.
    whoever wrote this episode is an idiot, whoever decided it should be implemented should be fired.
    no fun at all :(
  • lepointblanklepointblank Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The issue I'm having beyond the traps being difficult is that for some reason, the combination of the colour scheme and everything is making me physically sick. I literally had to step away from the computer to recover a few times during the mission. This is getting really annoying.