test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adding expertise to reputation system

mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
In the Reputation System, especially the Nukara Strikeforce, when I try adding expertise to it in order to progress, it only allows me to add it incrimentally.

First it allows me to add 100 points at a time in which I have to repeatedly press the 'contribute' tab. Then it scales down to adding 75 points, then 50 and finally a button-mashing 25 points once I reached the 1000 point mark until I reach 2000. I've just tried it on a different character on the tribble server with the Omega Reputation system, and the same issue exists.

This has happened on the ground at Q'onos First City, and also in Q'onos space, so it isn't a location issue.

edit: To clarify, this doesn't occur with adding marks or credits, it only happens when I try to add expertise. At one point I even got a wierd pop-up saying I earned fleet marks for it.

edit once again: This also happens when I try to add to the Q event reputation for the Breen ships. It seems the entire reputation system is plagued with this.

This is really tiring on my fingers. 'Contribute - Add - hit the OKay button over and over and over ad infinitum. I can hear the carpal tunnel syndrome settling in. And my brain hates repetitive tasks that are so repetitive they're repetitive, so a bit of mania may be surfacing as well.
sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
Post edited by mrlizardo on

Comments

• Options
    jbhughesjbhughes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the same issue.
  • Options
    dardnokdardnok Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    took me 55 clicks to finish the expertise i just hope this doesnt end up on holodeck :mad:
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    I just raised a ticket on this myself..

here is a very very short video of what the issue looks like.

http://youtu.be/nsXipTHMSBk
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Confirmed bug, fixed on internal builds.

Thanks for the report!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    perhaps we could get a Contribute All button on Reputation projects to automatically add the required items/xp with a single click. Either that or default each slider to max available rather than 0.

This would be a great QoL improvement.
  • Options
    rainbowwargamesrainbowwargames Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    perhaps we could get a Contribute All button on Reputation projects to automatically add the required items/xp with a single click. Either that or default each slider to max available rather than 0.

omg yes it would!
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eiledon wrote: »
    ...or default each slider to max available rather than 0.

Not he best idea - someone could slot some project by mistake and then he would lost everything the system would auto - put in the project... unless it would be in the contribute dialog itself maybe.

Anyway the existing set up is good for me - just need fix the issue with not allowing some contributions and I'm happy!