test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Giuve me reasons why I should play Startrek Online again?

kelthuzad#7031 kelthuzad Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Im listening folks! Im still deciding to go back Eve Online or World Of ********...:D
Post edited by kelthuzad#7031 on

Comments

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    adventarc wrote: »
    Im listening folks! Im still deciding to go back Eve Online or World Of ********...:D

If you don't want to play then that's fine. Nothing on this forum will make you change your mind.

I wish you well in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015

dont know when u quit but the story is great and its worth visiting now and then to paly new story content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TBH, if you have to be convinced, then there's no point to this thread. C-ya.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Enjoy your time at Eve online, as I do not know you, you not playing STO is not hurting my enjoyment of the game.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because where else can you hunt down laser-firing velociraptors as an oompa-loompa strike team?

Some people really do miss the point of video games...
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Don't you want an epohh friend? :D
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No offense, but I have no clue who you are and I couldn't care less what you play ! :P
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Don't you want an epohh friend? :D

or create something teasty with Nelix?

edit: also as you can tell from all the nice repys STOs community is one of the BEST EVER

aloso see my sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The grind? Levelling alts maybe?? Rolling a new class of toon and species?
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because we all want to know which bug will kill the server for the last time. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It's a free game, log in and decide for yourself.

Come back.. don't come back.. no one here really cares.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well theres plenny reason!

- couple thousand argala grinding* //8 hours per day// --> ETA a years (+/- a month) to get "max**" lvl
    - a few billion dilithium in case you want epic gears ( +x billion each round you decide for another setup/build )
    - specialization standalone provides 20h of nothing to do dailies ---> ETA half a year per specialization
    - new pay2win possibility, this time for good ( works as intended: surgical strike, ionic turb )

* sooner or later its gona be taken out so better hurry up!!
    ** adding new specs, and stuff, random +30 hidden lvl to rank up

things like that awaits, wait no more!

and ye what seaofsorrows said: noone cares if 1 stay or not, we got enough spam bots registering each day to fill up more than enough instances for stable metric purposes
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    well theres plenny reason!

- couple thousand argala grinding* //8 hours per day// --> ETA a years (+/- a month) to get "max**" lvl
    - a few billion dilithium in case you want epic gears ( *x billion eacg round if you decide for another setup/build )
    - specialization standalone provides 20h of nothing to do dailies ---> ETA half a year per specialization
    - new pay2win possibility, this time for good ( works as intended: surgical strike, ionic turb )

* sooner or later its gona be taken out so better hurry up!!
    ** adding new specs, and stuff, random +30 hidden lvl to rank up

things like that awaits, wait no more!

You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Giuve me reasons why I should play Startrek Online again?
    Why would any of us care whether you play or don't?

Based on your neediness for attention and lack of personal decision-making skills, I think we're better off without you. But that's just one man's opinion. :P
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's a free game, log in and decide for yourself.

This. Try it for a few days and see if you like it. The only thing that matters is personal experience not what any of us say on the forums.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feel free...

The only reason you should play, is if you want to... If you need the rest of us to tell you why you should play, you probably should'n.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No special reason.

I play to kill my winter break time, in conjunction with a couple other MMOs and a few single player titles I'm working on.

On the whole, I'm playing it because I happen to have it installed. If it weren't, I probably wouldn't bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015

well now that you can spend $10s of thousands on sto its not vary different from eve I hope its not thare goal to compete with eve on how much one can spend to get ahead as still most mmo community is getting tired of this unfair advantage that ruins the ability to fairly test ones pvp skill

if you have not noticed free to play games are all taking a hit and not recovering in a sessional swing sense its a revalt man demanding a fair pvp opertunity
  • Options
    rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radakill wrote: »
    Beeeeeecaaaause...... you love being abused. You love endless bugs, downtime, lag, server and network disconnects, being told things that never happen, then being left out in the dark with no information at all.

And you cant figure out why the hell there are still people playing, so you play to try to understand it. So does everyone else.

So we all now stand there looking at each other like its a science project, failing to grasp the rational but ultimately coming to the realization that we are all here trying to make sense of why we are all here.

K? Thats it. Welcome back.

I can't speak for everyone but I play to blow off steam from daily life, go "pew,pew,pew" at some bad guys, and have a laugh with like minded players. Your mystery is solved.

Oh, *and* it's free.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    don't return. we don't want indecisive people.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You guys crack me up. As if WoW and Eve aren't epic grindfests in their own right, and have many of the same mechanics as STO.

I'll say this for STO -- the average player is a lot more friendly and more willing to help a stranger than the average WoW player. You would never see people in top WoW guilds going out of their way to help new players, provide access to top-tier gear, or answer questions from new players without mocking them mercilessly.

But STO has channels specifically set up to answer questions, and to hook players up with top-tier fleet facilities at no cost.

Likewise, I've been in plenty of WoW raids where people were outright rude to each other, screaming at each other, or going into fits of nerd rage over a piece of gear. In my STO fleet, that would be unthinkable.

I for one am grateful that the community is nowhere near as toxic as other MMOs, and that most people seem to be friendly and united by a common love of Star Trek.
  • Options
    sfcpoeticsfcpoetic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015

craptic FU sto they have turned it into a MASSIVE GRIND FEST if you want ANYTHING in sto you have to grind or spend cash money for it now there taking ability to train Boffs for free away there wanting you to spend money to train them and if you dont you will have to grind for i.
    SO is that reason enough for ya to play again!!!!. :cool:
  • Options
    domisthemandomistheman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I play Eve online most of the time unless i want more of a dog fight style space game then i play Star trek online, But eve is a much more refined and professional game then STO, Eve is a much less of a grind once you know what you are doing but with STO is a grind no matter how long you have played.

I came back recently to try the new missions and what not and wow has it changed, and not all for the better not sure how much longer i will be around PWI is milking the player's here hardcore, CCP thought about doing this also and lost a lot of subscriptions and had to lay off 25% of their work force. To bad the STO community isn't as strong as eve's
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The best reason to stick around?

All the wonderful advice from polite and friendly forum users.
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    herachrist wrote: »
    You guys crack me up. As if WoW and Eve aren't epic grindfests in their own right, and have many of the same mechanics as STO.

I'll say this for STO -- the average player is a lot more friendly and more willing to help a stranger than the average WoW player. You would never see people in top WoW guilds going out of their way to help new players, provide access to top-tier gear, or answer questions from new players without mocking them mercilessly.

But STO has channels specifically set up to answer questions, and to hook players up with top-tier fleet facilities at no cost.

Likewise, I've been in plenty of WoW raids where people were outright rude to each other, screaming at each other, or going into fits of nerd rage over a piece of gear. In my STO fleet, that would be unthinkable.

I for one am grateful that the community is nowhere near as toxic as other MMOs, and that most people seem to be friendly and united by a common love of Star Trek.

You seem to have missed the previous 25 posts.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Well, "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it". :P

No seriously, run while you can.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looking through the forums you will see a lot of complaints, but I see that in all forums!

Saying that, there are plenty of us still in game having a good time and good fun.
    I'm loving the new content and systems... they're giving me lots to do.