test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giuve me reasons why I should play Startrek Online again?

13»

Comments

• prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic's worst nightmare would be a rival Star Trek-themed mmorpg. It would mean the end of STO more so than a doom thread and all the people bored and burnt out with what they have done thus far. I bet the OP isn't asking reasons for them to stay they are trying to get a consensus of what would make a dedicated hardcore sto player leave the game.

The answer is DR.

I'd love to see more variety in ST MMORPGs. Evne if a new dev went with the Abrams' version of the original series....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It will put hair on your chest.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) Because the game and these forums are never so full of decent people there is no room for one more.

2) Because Starfleet needs a Captain with your experience and expertise.

3) Because the KDF needs a warrior who is the living symbol of honor.

4) Because the Republic requires a stalwart defender such as yourself.

5) Because I need a role model and mentor.

6) Because Jake and Elwood are putting the band back together, Man! :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    6) Because Jake and Elwood are putting the band back together, Man! :D

Day = made

Thank you :)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because ... orionian girls :P:D
    P58WJe7.jpg

• olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited January 2015
    you should only stay for the fun of it

as always, let fun rule the day
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I disagree with this, sometimes when you're burned out on a game or don't know if you want to play or why getting someone else to tell you why they like to play can open up a new angle on the game for example someone burns out on dps, lets say they were like that Ryan guy who parsed 17k in a torp build NX (I still call that claiming the rest of the team's APB and speed work as his own), they've mastered the ways of dps which is the most boring thing ever (in my opinion) and they've got bored of their two minute ISAs... Someone suggests to them making modest dps lolz or canon builds, that could be what brings the fun back to the game.

Ultimately I think what other players find to be fun about a game can be very influential.

well there you answered your own question, if theres something you are bored with in game go and find another thing in game to do for a while but its still pointless me telling you what parts I enjoy if they are exactly the parts you don't.
    you have to find your own fun you cant expect other people to find it for you.
    I could give you a very long list of all the things I enjoy doing in sto only for you to turn around and deride them all.

for example I could have suggested the very thing you have just labelled as the most boring thing ever (in your opinion).

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are NONE if you're not having fun in the game.

I've recently found that i have more fun just here in the forum or chatting with friends in the game or helping others to get fleet stuff than actually playing the "wonderful content". So i just log in, float in space, send some invitations to the fleet holdings and play a queue every once in a while when someone needs people to fill a queue. I don't even care if i need the rewards of the queue, neither care about upgrades, leveling t6 ship masteries (DR pack here) or fully developing all of my toons.

Once i get too tired of the things i'm doing now or if i can't even have some fun doing that because of total boredom... i'll take a long break, as usual.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Convince me why I should even care, if you play S.T.O. or not...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sadly I have none for you op.

Only reason I’m still in sto are my fleets. Only fun around for me atm are elite ground queues which we run quiet successfully. Seems to work fine even if we have to take a pug or two.

The game is clearly going in a direction I don’t like. I don’t seem to be able to open any widow in game not showing me a moneygrab or timegate anymore. I’m curious who will decide if or when I pull the plug. For the time being my in game friends and fleetmates clearly do a better job to keep me in game than the company who runs it.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated