test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XTERN1TY: A call for common sense

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
Events of this weekend on the forums highlight why players get in trouble. Behavior going against the call for humane treatment of ourselves and others embedded in the legacy of Star Trek by its creator, Gene Roddenberry.

I am no less capable of this than others. Knowing the full potential of aggression, I value peace.

It is easy to be angry and hostile. Some provoke these reactions, others react when provoked. There are many who call for peace and love, others to which that motto is simply an excuse to take advantage of those who lower their guard. That is why I apprise equal opportunity, because I believe people have as much right to react to wrongs being committed, as the wrongdoers who believe they have the right to commit evils in the first place.

In other words, let's not use the internet and STO to harass each other. Common sense, no?

So far I have not doxxed, spammed anyone's channels, or been any of the countless vicious things haters frequently ascribe to me, though I am fully able of doing so. Many like to accuse me of things - unfit for repetition here - and then attack me further if I call out actions which lead to my own reactions, as if defence is some sort of crime; while they knowingly proceed to break all boundaries of humanity. By contrast, though I have experimented with the methods others have used first, I choose to restrain my own reactions time and time again.

Sometimes it feels I am the only adult in a place full of underdeveloped minds, with little comprehension of reality and less of humanity.

We all know of the attacks on Olivia lately. But she isn't the first to experience attacks, nor I for that matter; though I am the first I know of to maintain a video diary, useful among other things, for disproving rumors said about me or others. It caught so much more. Videos no one has seen until this weekend, in which I could have released alot more damaging information, but did not. THAT is restraint.

Others have as much power of restraint as I do. I call upon those who use harassment, doxxing, impersonation and all forms of psychological exploitation to restrain themselves. Withdraw impersonating accounts, videos of online shaming providing proof of their shameful ways which only serve to harm themselves.

Though I have full right to post evidence, I have taken the first step and took the few videos I did put up documenting their behavior down. On the other hand shameful videos posted for doxxing are up. If they are on the side of love, peace and helpfulness like so many claim, then they have no need to resort to evil tactics that even guys they paint as bad (me), don't do.

There are those who say I have never been helpful, never used common sense. To them I say common sense is proven by deeds, not talk. I have done my share and continue to do so.

I call everyone to spread this message. Let us show restraint in abusive behavior on STO, not with lip-service but with action. Take down doxxing videos, cease harassment. It is the right thing to do to honor Roddenberry's legacy this holiday season. Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No.

Walk always in the shadow of Dear Leader.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There comes a time in the life of any troubled community where things reach a boiling point..

Where the nameless and the faceless must rise up and be heard with resounding certainty!
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good luck with that.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was painfully obvious the dental trolls would be coming here.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't help but think this is just a badly attempted "please be nice" thread. One that will most likely end badly.

I'll have the popcorn ready if anyone want's some.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There comes a time in the life of any troubled community where things reach a boiling point..

Where the nameless and the faceless must rise up and be heard with resounding certainty!

Did that. With humor. Didn't work. :P

Still, the OP has a bit of a point. Just because we feel trolled by the devs at times doesn't mean we should resort to trolling other players.

*sigh*

This...
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Sometimes it feels I am the only adult in a place full of underdeveloped minds, with little comprehension of reality and less of humanity.
    ...however, is like wearing shirt that says "Kick Me" on the back and "Free Popcorn" on the front. You've got to be more careful. The forums are grumpy over <that which shall remain unnamed, for in naming it you bring it into being> and the trolls are bored. Not a good combination.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You're that guy from that fleet, aren't you?
    Galactic Horde.
  • Options
    psycholandlordpsycholandlord Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever read on these forums. I can't even find a way to twist it into a joke. It is simply that idiotic. I have probably killed several braincells attempting to figure out how, Xean, you function in day to day life with this amount of bluster and complete ignorance of your own incredible hypocrisy. I am actually sad at the thought of you inflicting yourself on the unsuspecting masses of the world and ruining their day to day life with the incredible social trainwreck that is your personality. Please, please, change for the better, and soon Xean. It is just a game. You are not a leader of men. Move on.

You know what the sad part is?

I am still being kinder to you then you were to the man who's suicide you demanded.
    4KCfG9C.gif
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You're that guy from that fleet, aren't you?

He's that dude xtern1ty who runs the channel xtern1ty and spent the better part of a year spamming ESD Zone to find the perfect members to found his fleet, xtern1ty.
  • Options
    zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am no less capable of this than others. Knowing the full potential of aggression, I value peace.

You tried to spread lies about NoP PS, claiming repeatedly it wasn't a help channel. When certain members of a certain fleet tried to make peace by filling your dil heavy fleet projects, you were ungrateful, abrasive and went on another rant against them.
    It is easy to be angry and hostile.
    That's all you ever are.
    That is why I apprise equal opportunity, because I believe people have as much right to react to wrongs being committed, as the wrongdoers who believe they have the right to commit evils in the first place.
    That's not what I got during my brief time in your channel and fleet. Equal opportunity? No, I got verbal abuse and ranting from a member of your channel and when I did point out that your channel wasn't the only channel I help with invites for, you also started ranting and using threatening language towards me and blatantly lied to me about NoP PS, falsely claiming that it's a scam.
    So far I have not doxxed, spammed anyone's channels, or been any of the countless vicious things haters frequently ascribe to me, though I am fully able of doing so. Many like to accuse me of things - unfit for repetition here - and then attack me further if I call out actions which lead to my own reactions, as if defence is some sort of crime; while they knowingly proceed to break all boundaries of humanity. By contrast, though I have experimented with the methods others have used first, I choose to restrain my own reactions time and time again.

What you say others have accused you of isn't what has actually happened. What we accuse you of is actually rather factual and proof is easily found.
    Fact: Your fleet is low level.
    Fact: Your fleet has little to no provisions.
    Fact: It has very little projects queued.
    Fact: Your public service channel cannot actually provide what you claim, instead you demand people in t5 fleets go through you first to provide help. (I should know, as a leader of a t5 fleet who tried to help your channel members.)
    Fact: You can only answer the newbie, easy questions. When someone does need genuine help with an issue, you wait and see if someone responds, then repeat what they've said in your own words.
    Fact: Your own original advice and knowledge of the game is terrible (seriously, max out driver coil? Asking your own channel where in the stf queue epohh tagging is?)
    Really? Plenty of people have seen you flip out on ESD without any provocation, where even Olivia said you'd gone too far. I have the pastebin - it's not even my pastebin, it's from someone completely unconnected to any of your issues with more useful fleets and channels who just thought it'd be funny to log.

You even muted someone in your channel who just happens to have 'goon' in his handle. Just want to point out, he isn't even connected to SA goons. That's not the actions of an adult, that's the actions of a child hitting out at everything and anything, classic temper tantrum.
    We all know of the attacks on Olivia lately. But she isn't the first to experience attacks, nor I for that matter; though I am the first I know of to maintain a video diary, useful among other things, for disproving rumors said about me or others. It caught so much more. Videos no one has seen until this weekend, in which I could have released alot more damaging information, but did not. THAT is restraint.
    Me, me, me, me, me.

That's all I see there. Just you trying to twist someone's issue around to be all about you.
    Others have as much power of restraint as I do.
    Your ego knows no restraint. Look in the mirror. Look at yourself. Look at your ego and ask yourself what you've achieved to validate that ego (newsflash, very little).
    Though I have full right to post evidence
    I'd love to see this so called evidence.
    There are those who say I have never been helpful, never used common sense. To them I say common sense is proven by deeds, not talk. I have done my share and continue to do so.
    Well, you're not. You try to order people in t5 starbases around, like some pointless middleman. You should see what it's like in NoP PS. No middleman, just straight up invites without you cutting in and trying to tell people what to do while they're already trying to provide the help you can't. Your own fleet members might be able to tell you if they dare risk your wrath. I've seen a few of them use NoP PS to get things, but no doubt they don't want to risk being demoted (again) in your fleet, so I won't name them.

As for deeds, I've seen you take advantage of other people asking about the price of an item they don't know the true value of. Saying the wrong price and trying to rip them off. I have my own evidence.
    I call everyone to spread this message. Let us show restraint in abusive behavior on STO, not with lip-service but with action. Take down doxxing videos, cease harassment. It is the right thing to do to honor Roddenberry's legacy this holiday season. Thank you.
    You're your own worst enemy. People try to help you and instead, because you want to be known as the helpful person, while not being in a position to actually provide any; you resent the people who can and call bs about their channel(s). Then you think once you've started something, you expect to get away with it? You expect them not to retaliate? Your self-serving post is only adding more fuel to the flames.

You try to act like you are the final authority, the one and only leader of an International Scientific Community, like your sig says. I know of a fleet which has members from around the world and yes, an actual scientist, degree and all. It ain't yours.

Get over yourself.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Events of this weekend on the forums highlight why players get in trouble. Behavior going against the call for humane treatment of ourselves and others embedded in the legacy of Star Trek by its creator, Gene Roddenberry.

It is easy to be angry and hostile. Some provoke these reactions, others react when provoked. There are many who call for peace and love, others to which that motto is simply an excuse to take advantage of those who lower their guard. That is why I apprise equal opportunity, because I believe people have as much right to react to wrongs being committed, as the wrongdoers who believe they have the right to commit evils in the first place.

In other words, let's not use the internet and STO to harass each other. Common sense, no?

Others have as much power of restraint as I do. I call upon those who use harassment, doxxing, impersonation and all forms of psychological exploitation to restrain themselves. Withdraw impersonating accounts, videos of online shaming providing proof of their shameful ways which only serve to harm themselves.

Though I have full right to post evidence, I have taken the first step and took the few videos I did put up documenting their behavior down. On the other hand shameful videos posted for doxxing are up. If they are on the side of love, peace and helpfulness like so many claim, then they have no need to resort to evil tactics that even guys they paint as bad (me), don't do.

A manifesto of caca

a document of dookie

a papyrus of poo poo

you get the idea :D
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The original Star Trek was filled with racist humor and celebrations of freedom of expression. The forum crack down is an embarrassment to Star Trek, along with the absurd amount of monetization in game.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    The original Star Trek was filled with racist humor and celebrations of freedom of expression. The forum crack down is an embarrassment to Star Trek, along with the absurd amount of monetization in game.

STO is an embarassment to anything star trek related
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

Amen good sir.

I have always said that if you play STO, enjoy it as a sci-fi MMO more than a Trek game, it'll do the soul more good that way.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

touche'

/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

"The Wrath of Mod" Star Trek mod for Civ4 is more Star Trek than STO..
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    <Strolls in somewhat oblivious to the situation>

<reads a bit>

<STOPS dead in his tracks>

<backs quietly out the door shaking head>

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see the possibility of a reality show here.

zaichal sums it all up nicely. :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have always said that if you play STO, enjoy it as a sci-fi MMO more than a Trek game, it'll do the soul more good that way.

Sadly, it has degraded to that level. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is this, I don't even.... :rolleyes:

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ehrlehn wrote: »
    What is this, I don't even.... :rolleyes:

This is someone in need of attention. Someone who thinks he's important enough to make threads about himself and his virtual characters.

I'm not sure why it is allowed to pollute the forums with pointless 'calls for attention' (ehm, common sense).

Pointless thread is pointless.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see the possibility of a reality show here.

zaichal sums it all up nicely. :)

I thought I was gonna have to tap out a long message on my Hudl. The only thing I can say from 1st hand experience about the OP was him berating people in zone for sending people people to NoP instead of his channel. Oh, the spam in zone about that as well.

As said in the post I have quoted, zaichal sums it up perfectly.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I used to be an active member of xtern1ty, until...

MXEC2G9.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WTF did I read, WTF is going on, is the moon too close to earth or something , has everyone everywhere lost their *** damn minds :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The OP, a screwdriver and a hammer all have something in common. Take a guess what it is?
  • Options
    doctorcrudoctorcru Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    The OP, a screwdriver and a hammer all have something in common. Take a guess what it is?

<peeks though the window>

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, I musta missed something...maybe if I run out and get some popcorn real quick I can catch the tail end of whatever ongoing saga is unfolding...

Or maybe I'll just go back to running level 4 diagnostics on my plasma relays...
This discussion has been closed.