Install Arc

XTERN1TY: A call for common sense

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tools. He means Tools. Xean is a tool.

LoL ...

I'm silly and foolhardy, not stupid...

And when I have to esplain a joke, then I'm off to find Lucy.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • erpmaster000erpmaster000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello, im here to offer my erotic services to the masses, please pm me ingame so i can invite you to my erotic channel. don't worry be erotic.

This is a open invitation to Xean and everyone else in this thread to shed your worldly worries, and come together and and be erotic in my erotic channel, Lets put aside our differences and be erotic together.
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello, im here to offer my erotic services to the masses, please pm me ingame so i can invite you to my erotic channel. don't worry be erotic.

This is a open invitation to Xean and everyone else in this thread to shed your worldly worries, and come together and and be erotic in my erotic channel, Lets put aside our differences and be erotic together.

Thanks, I really needed that. :rolleyes:
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Are you coming on to me?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP, you cannot claim the moral ground....at all.

You have personally told friends of mine in game (non-dental players), you hope they die in real life.

I would like you to produce evidence of your correspondence with Gene Roddenberry where he gave you his insight on how Star Trek was supposed to be. Only Mr. Roddenberry is aware of his goals for Star Trek, there is no subject matter expert.

You are your own worst enemy, you have created the conflict you find yourself in, before you try to bash me for being against you, check your leadership boards for your fleet, you will find that I have contributed to the adancement of the Xtern1ty fleet.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • vvetvvet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I heard Butts is back from the dead! HE still plays star treck online he does!!!
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Events of this weekend on the forums highlight why players get in trouble. Behavior going against the call for humane treatment of ourselves and others embedded in the legacy of Star Trek by its creator, Gene Roddenberry.

I am no less capable of this than others. Knowing the full potential of aggression, I value peace.

It is easy to be angry and hostile. Some provoke these reactions, others react when provoked. There are many who call for peace and love, others to which that motto is simply an excuse to take advantage of those who lower their guard. That is why I apprise equal opportunity, because I believe people have as much right to react to wrongs being committed, as the wrongdoers who believe they have the right to commit evils in the first place.

In other words, let's not use the internet and STO to harass each other. Common sense, no?

So far I have not doxxed, spammed anyone's channels, or been any of the countless vicious things haters frequently ascribe to me, though I am fully able of doing so. Many like to accuse me of things - unfit for repetition here - and then attack me further if I call out actions which lead to my own reactions, as if defence is some sort of crime; while they knowingly proceed to break all boundaries of humanity. By contrast, though I have experimented with the methods others have used first, I choose to restrain my own reactions time and time again.

Sometimes it feels I am the only adult in a place full of underdeveloped minds, with little comprehension of reality and less of humanity.

We all know of the attacks on Olivia lately. But she isn't the first to experience attacks, nor I for that matter; though I am the first I know of to maintain a video diary, useful among other things, for disproving rumors said about me or others. It caught so much more. Videos no one has seen until this weekend, in which I could have released alot more damaging information, but did not. THAT is restraint.

Others have as much power of restraint as I do. I call upon those who use harassment, doxxing, impersonation and all forms of psychological exploitation to restrain themselves. Withdraw impersonating accounts, videos of online shaming providing proof of their shameful ways which only serve to harm themselves.

Though I have full right to post evidence, I have taken the first step and took the few videos I did put up documenting their behavior down. On the other hand shameful videos posted for doxxing are up. If they are on the side of love, peace and helpfulness like so many claim, then they have no need to resort to evil tactics that even guys they paint as bad (me), don't do.

There are those who say I have never been helpful, never used common sense. To them I say common sense is proven by deeds, not talk. I have done my share and continue to do so.

I call everyone to spread this message. Let us show restraint in abusive behavior on STO, not with lip-service but with action. Take down doxxing videos, cease harassment. It is the right thing to do to honor Roddenberry's legacy this holiday season. Thank you.

If you're going to threaten people, at least have the balls to come out and say so instead of hiding behind your weasel words and making up flimsy justification stories.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • erpmaster000erpmaster000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Grow up in nebraska? shed your puritan roots, free yourself from those shackles, lets be erotic together,our erotic roleplay divsion is recruting, pm me ingame for invite. Xean, Dental, everyone else in this thread, lets all get together for a erotic party, and be erotic together lets have a erotic time together and forget our worldly worries. I'm sure once we all sit down togther for some good old times, with the spankins flowing we can pound out this problem together.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I'm late to the party, any popcorn left? And is the betting pool on when this thing gets locked open yet?

Seriously, though...xternity, I've told you before, your attitude and in-your-face attacks on Dental are not only annoying but also inviting them to break out their most sociopathic stunts. It's like singing Justin Bieber songs while waving a "Cartman Sucks!" flag in front of Cartman while he's got Cthulhu under his sway during "Mysterion Rises".

It's annoying everyone else and making you one giant target for the most sociopathic, sadistic, overpowered people in the game.

Just stop, man. Please.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm definitely heating up some popcorn and curling up by the fireplace with my tablet for this thread.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay, one of those threads that you know is going to provide nothing but magic.

Op named the fleet after themself,
    Prefixed the title of the thread with their name, as though they are words of wisdom from on high,
    Proceeds to talk about how superior they feel in here.

Magic. Wonderfully self-centred magic.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the OP gets confused.

He wants things to be one way, but he loses track of the difference between wanting something to be one way, and it actually being that way.

This isn't his first post that just makes you think "wait what? who? what planet does this guy live on?"

In this modern age of such immersive video games, I suspect that more often than we think, there are issues separating fantasy and imagination from reality.

And as with so much else in life, perspective is *so* important.

I've had the pleasure of meeting the OP. I got the impression that he lived in a world of perpetual self-roleplay.
  • aranellesaranelles Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I went to externity channel once. I didn't see much in the way of help being offered by the official members and such. What I did see though filled me with shame.

AOTC was there and was trying to engage with the members of the channel. He was ignored. This struck me as both sickening and saddening beyond description. It also put lie to any claims of being a legitimate help channel, here's AOTC - a guy who's probably forgotten more about this game then most of us (devs included) will ever know, a legendary player, someone supremely qualified to help people, and he's ignored.

Really. You guys should have been thanking him and humbly asking him for help. I don't know most of the posters in this thread and yet I'm pretty confident that the only person posting here who's in his league of skill and knowledge would be cesbot. I mean, if I had started a help channel, and I really wanted to help people, and homeboy graced my ranks, I'd beg him to be an admin. I'd turn the channel over to him. Dude. Seriously.

For those of you who shamefully don't know who AOTC is/was, as I don't know if he even plays the game anymore, in the old days there was very little info about how to set up a ship correctly available to the general public. There was basically Husnak's old thread and then Hilbert's guide. Hilbert's guide was set up though just to teach you how not to suck, how to set up basic macro's and make a decent build using free ships and mission rewards. It was extraordinary and probably the most helpful thing ever made for this game. AOTC and his guildmates though came in and showed the general public how to go to the next level. How to set up a lockbox ship, which ones are ideal, how to run aux2batt, what those things are, what stf sets to use on what ships, how they work, how to excel. Myself and many other players were deeply indebted to his builds and the generous sharing of knowledge.

That's just some of the things he contributed to this game. I would imagine there were times he knew more about this game then a lot of the devs. Some of his lasting contributions include opening 1,000+ lockboxes to get sample sizes and arrive at basic probabilities of getting ships, information he shared with the public and has made it's way into the sto wikis and the like. This is a player coming from a guild who's understanding of the game code was sufficient that they made improvements to things like the launcher and loot critter, some of which the devs even implemented. And he was totally ignored in this Externity help channel. No one said as much as hello to him, let alone answered his questions.

I would add that unlike others, he's never asked for any kind of credit for this stuff. He never created chat channels or fleets in his name. He didn't ask for gratitude. To the contrary he tried to organize pretty serious large scale give away events but was met with resistance from PWE.

That a legend within STO was treated that shabbily by the original poster and his fleet were all I needed to see. I left the channel without saying a word and never went back.

I'm not connected to AOTC, I've never been in a guild or raided with him, I doubt he would even recognize me ingame. I think the last time I saw him around prior to the chat channel was the day we first got the party balloons in droz a few years ago and had the geometry breaking party to end all parties. Yet he helped countless players, myself and my friends included, and for that I am grateful. Sean, I would emphatically advise you to emulate his example.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Events of this weekend on the forums highlight why players get in trouble. Behavior going against the call for humane treatment of ourselves and others embedded in the legacy of Star Trek by its creator, Gene Roddenberry.

I am no less capable of this than others. Knowing the full potential of aggression, I value peace.

It is easy to be angry and hostile. Some provoke these reactions, others react when provoked. There are many who call for peace and love, others to which that motto is simply an excuse to take advantage of those who lower their guard. That is why I apprise equal opportunity, because I believe people have as much right to react to wrongs being committed, as the wrongdoers who believe they have the right to commit evils in the first place.

In other words, let's not use the internet and STO to harass each other. Common sense, no?

So far I have not doxxed, spammed anyone's channels, or been any of the countless vicious things haters frequently ascribe to me, though I am fully able of doing so. Many like to accuse me of things - unfit for repetition here - and then attack me further if I call out actions which lead to my own reactions, as if defence is some sort of crime; while they knowingly proceed to break all boundaries of humanity. By contrast, though I have experimented with the methods others have used first, I choose to restrain my own reactions time and time again.

Sometimes it feels I am the only adult in a place full of underdeveloped minds, with little comprehension of reality and less of humanity.

We all know of the attacks on Olivia lately. But she isn't the first to experience attacks, nor I for that matter; though I am the first I know of to maintain a video diary, useful among other things, for disproving rumors said about me or others. It caught so much more. Videos no one has seen until this weekend, in which I could have released alot more damaging information, but did not. THAT is restraint.

Others have as much power of restraint as I do. I call upon those who use harassment, doxxing, impersonation and all forms of psychological exploitation to restrain themselves. Withdraw impersonating accounts, videos of online shaming providing proof of their shameful ways which only serve to harm themselves.

Though I have full right to post evidence, I have taken the first step and took the few videos I did put up documenting their behavior down. On the other hand shameful videos posted for doxxing are up. If they are on the side of love, peace and helpfulness like so many claim, then they have no need to resort to evil tactics that even guys they paint as bad (me), don't do.

There are those who say I have never been helpful, never used common sense. To them I say common sense is proven by deeds, not talk. I have done my share and continue to do so.

I call everyone to spread this message. Let us show restraint in abusive behavior on STO, not with lip-service but with action. Take down doxxing videos, cease harassment. It is the right thing to do to honor Roddenberry's legacy this holiday season. Thank you.

common sense between people is different, its exactly the same as asking a room full of different people what the word normal means from their own point of view. each person will have their own answer or copycat another one. all it will illustrate is that where you consider picking up a right size box enough for you to see around and climb the stairs safely, manual handling 101, another person will lift a heavier box wrong and run up the stairs they cant see simply because they can get away with it and because they think they can get away again after a few chances.

your barking up the wrong tree for an answer to common sense, the only ones who can provided a rough location on it is the moderators and thats only through the rules that exist and how they interpret those rules themselves. the rest of us have to accept what is offered by the mods at that point otherwise there would be threads filled full of depravity and disgusting behavior.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How the hell is this thread not locked? It's BEGGING to be trolled and mocked based on the title alone.

Someone pass the Popcorn please. I seem to have run out.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    josan369 wrote: »
    How the hell is this thread not locked? It's BEGGING to be trolled and mocked based on the title alone.

I'm coming, I'm coming.....I can only make so much at a time....:D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I'll take "what is a narcissist" for 800, Alex.

Oooh. Niiiice.

My snack of choice is a cheese platter; truffle enhanced Gouda, a nice Balsamic infused cheddar, crisp wheat thins and a 'to-die-for' fig and roasted garlic compote.

For tonights yet-to-be-locked-thread, my drink of choice will be an out of production Cask 16 Crown Royal blended whiskey.

Gout, please refrain from participating in my body tomorrow.

Please. Continue.
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    josan369 wrote: »

I'm sure if his majesty, the special snowflake, bothers to grace us with his presence with another grandiose, self-serving message of 'me, me, me, oh please won't you notice me, validate me, add to my persecution complex!' the thread will be locked.

Anyone else suspect he's trying to convince himself he's got a master plan? I've called him out on his scamming and trolling before, also the preying on newbies to join his channel/fleet. He's probably started this thread as bait, in which to fabricate more so-called evidence with. Alas, it seems to have backfired. Once again, he's shown what a self-centred narcissist he really is.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He once spent about a week masquerading as a Cryptic employee in chat, calling himself "General Chat Help" or something similar.

I'm not sure what a person's mental issues would have to be to do something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    am I meant to know who this is? (should just about sum up 99.432% of the game population)
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    am I meant to know who this is? (should just about sum up 99.432% of the game population)

The guy's name is Xean and his ego alone takes up 99.432% of the server's capacity. The rest of us are forced to claw and bite our way past the login server just to play in the other .568%.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited December 2014
    The guy's name is Xean and his ego alone takes up 99.432% of the server's capacity. The rest of us are forced to claw and bite our way past the login server just to play in the other .568%.

ah thankyou, that clears it up :)
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    kozar2 wrote: »
    The OP, a screwdriver and a hammer all have something in common. Take a guess what it is?

Lol :P

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked already, I don't have any popcorn but I do have a good supply of mince pies, being that time of year and all, so anyone want any?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
    edited December 2014

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked already, I don't have any popcorn but I do have a good supply of mince pies, being that time of year and all, so anyone want any?

Thankyou for the offer, but no. I don't really like mince pies very much.

Do you have any cheese balls?
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Take the petty, childish Fleet Drama to the Fleet subforum ffs, because NO1CURR!!!!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I'm not surprised at all. It is keeping people occupied and out of the &#^#&*#* Cryptic &+^#*Γ¥#& Delta Rising &#&#*#*{ threads, after all.

But yes, please pass the mince pie.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2014
    Umm....Doom??
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Thankyou for the offer, but no. I don't really like mince pies very much.

Do you have any cheese balls?

I'll have a look, I love cheese so there must be some somewhere...

bergins wrote: »
    I'm not surprised at all. It is keeping people occupied and out of the &#^#&*#* Cryptic &+^#*Γ¥#& Delta Rising &#&#*#*{ threads, after all.

But yes, please pass the mince pie.

Lol true, and yeah sure help yourself :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014

Magnanimous man-about-town shares message of peace with his fellow man.

Concern troll can't manage to keep it up for one paragraph before returning to harassment.
    I AM WAR.
  • dynovdynov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately for the OP, no matter how much he daydreams or fantasizes about it being otherwise, this is not Xean Trek Online.
    Did you say Xean Trek? it already sounds amazing.
This discussion has been closed.