test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XTERN1TY: A call for common sense

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dynov wrote: »
    Did you say Xean Trek? it already sounds amazing.

HEY!!! That video is insulting to Garret Wang! And to Harry Kim, who already got hosed by the Voyager hacks, no need to hose him more.

Though I'd LOVE to see Jeri Ryan play Nabreeki's main just for the sheer humor value.
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow another day and this TRIBBLE is still here, are the forums that boring?

Well the unimaginative and disjointed Delta Rising meme sigs certainly haven't made the place any more interesting.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2014
    Wow another day and this TRIBBLE is still here, are the forums that boring?

Sadly - yes!!
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From their own mouths.

All the evidence needed has been retained. Forum moderators, feel free to close this thread at your convenience.

Thank you.
  • siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why would they close it?

nobody has broken any TOS rules as far as I can see.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Xean.

Where to start... Firstly, I am still a little annoyed at being groundlessly demoted in Xtern1ty. It is unclear exactly what I had done wrong to be singled out in such a manner?

In any event, I think this is rapidly reaching the point that I would strongly advise you to log off and uninstall STO. I have not seen narcisstic delusional paranoia in one person to such a degree in quite some time.

You continually attack other posters and fleets - both in game and on the forums, in both an overt and indirect manner. You appear to genuinely believe you are on some sort of crusade, to help players and rid the galaxy of 'Dentals' and 'Cyberbullies'.

I have a newsflash for you. Half the people you are attacking are not Dentals, nor are they 'Cyberbullies'. They are ordinary players who are simply reacting to your increasingly bizarre and trollish behaviour. Your delusional behaviour is alienating a significant degree of the playerbase.

Your opening post, although written as an 'appeal for peace', is so full of passive aggressive behaviour to qualify as a baiting thread. As for your behaviour ingame - 'Naming and Shaming' is against the ToS, so I will not do so. That said, I will simply note that there are plenty of chatlogs out there showing your behaviour in game, as well as your malicious comments to some players. Several others have also mentioned their personal dealings with you in this thread. And you claim others are the trolls?

Frankly, I think you are quite unwell. This is not a healthy environment for you to be in. Log off before you do serious damage to your psyche.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All the evidence needed has been retained.

Lol screwdriver! Did you add it to your video diary or super secret evidence file? Thank you for continuing to make me laugh so hard I cry.
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    From their own mouths.

All the evidence needed has been retained. Forum moderators, feel free to close this thread at your convenience.

Thank you.

Behold, yet another sad Puppetmaster defense to try and save face.

You see he WANTED everyone to laugh at his awful posting and massive ego! You fell right into his plans to honeypot ??? to send ??? to ??? and cause ??? to happen.

To be honest I'm not sure if even Xean can fill in all those blanks. No matter how much he'll try to convince you that he can.
  • emeraldsiunemeraldsiun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zaichal wrote: »
    Anyone else suspect he's trying to convince himself he's got a master plan? I've called him out on his scamming and trolling before, also the preying on newbies to join his channel/fleet. He's probably started this thread as bait, in which to fabricate more so-called evidence with. Alas, it seems to have backfired. Once again, he's shown what a self-centred narcissist he really is.
    From their own mouths.

Thank you.

Oh Xean you failure of a puppetmaster.

'Wah wah, devs and mods, people were meanies again to me today, wah, wah, plz finish what I started, wah wah, close thread! PS make me a forum mod PLZ.'
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    I have a newsflash for you. Half the people you are attacking are not Dentals, nor are they 'Cyberbullies'. They are ordinary players who are simply reacting to your increasingly bizarre and trollish behaviour. Your delusional behaviour is alienating a significant degree of the playerbase.

Quoted for truth.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From their own mouths.

Thank you.

(queue dos equis commercial music)

Some say they saw him in Brazil once at an internet cafe playing sto and he single handedly beat 5 sad pandas in pvp in a t1 Connie...

Others say he's so influential in sto that with a snap of the finger 4 random players show up practically begging to start a new fleet with him.

....dental disco balls just make his uniforms shinier and trade ships are said to actually summon him...

...he gives players raiding party and diplomatic immunity by just looking at their ships on the screen

...he once role played a sto character so well at a convention that William Shatner cried..

...he is...the most interesting role player in the world...

(xternity's character turns toward the camera surrounded by 4 giggling caitian girls) stay frosty in winter wonderland my friends
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In before the thread lock. :rolleyes:
  • ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    While I generally take everything posted on here with a grain of salt since a lot of people have an agenda or slander players they have grudges against. My personal observations in both this thread and others previous is that while your spreading a message of peace and are against bullying(which is great as i was bullied for years in school and because if it have social anxiety) your tactics in fighting it sometimes seem to cross a line.

Even some of your fleetmates/former fleetmates, channel members have posted here maybe it is time to reevaluate how certain situations are handled such as booting from channel with no explanation, demoting players. At least give a reason or warning then people are less likely to get angry when they know why they are booted/demoted. Guess what i'm saying is be careful you do not become what you are fighting.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...I have a newsflash for you. Half the people you are attacking are not Dentals, nor are they 'Cyberbullies'...

OK, I hate to sound stupid, but I am older and some terms I do not know. I know what a cyberbully is, but WTH is a Dental?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited December 2014
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    OK, I hate to sound stupid, but I am older and some terms I do not know. I know what a cyberbully is, but WTH is a Dental?

Dentals are members of Starfleet Dental and its KDF fleet, Nerds of Prey, and probably Shutup Wesley as well although I've never seen indisputable confirmation of this. They came from the Something Awful forums, and have a long and distinguished record as professional-grade sociopathic trolls with too much time on their hands.

Dental tends to do relatively harmless pranks like popping disco balls in STFs, proclaiming their fleet leader their Dear Leader and acting like North Korea, and more serious but still within-TOS stuff like that one time they deleted a bunch of JHAS packs and made a YouTube video of it to make some juvenile point. They also may or may not be involved in something like a feud between two similarly-named fleets that I can't comment on since I know next to nothing about it and nobody's ever explained it to me.

They're jerks, but they're amusing jerks, and they're a whole lot better behaved while on their KDF characters. Very few people hate Nerds of Prey the same way they hate Dental, for example.

I don't support Dental and their affiliates (although I must admit that NoP PS is the best, friendliest, most helpful public service channel in-game), but some people like xternity take opposition to Dental waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too far.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP:

Just walk away. Seriously. This thread was a mistake, and you are not going to win this one.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    TY for the reply worffan101.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2014
    hfmudd wrote: »
    OP:

Just walk away. Seriously. This thread was a mistake, and you are not going to win this one.

What are you saying?? This is grade A forum entertainment!!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Xtern1ty? Dude? Seriously? Here's some common sense for you: The Dentals find enough perceived slights to grief people over without you sending out gold-engraved invitations.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP is how I picture gecko
  • technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Dentals are members of Starfleet Dental and its KDF fleet, Nerds of Prey, and probably Shutup Wesley as well although I've never seen indisputable confirmation of this. They came from the Something Awful forums, and have a long and distinguished record as professional-grade sociopathic trolls with too much time on their hands.

Dental tends to do relatively harmless pranks like popping disco balls in STFs, proclaiming their fleet leader their Dear Leader and acting like North Korea, and more serious but still within-TOS stuff like that one time they deleted a bunch of JHAS packs and made a YouTube video of it to make some juvenile point. They also may or may not be involved in something like a feud between two similarly-named fleets that I can't comment on since I know next to nothing about it and nobody's ever explained it to me.

They're jerks, but they're amusing jerks, and they're a whole lot better behaved while on their KDF characters. Very few people hate Nerds of Prey the same way they hate Dental, for example.

I don't support Dental and their affiliates (although I must admit that NoP PS is the best, friendliest, most helpful public service channel in-game), but some people like xternity take opposition to Dental waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too far.

Don't forget our T5 invites channel NoP Public Service. Available to any and all for invites to T5 starbases for all your fleet gear needs.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget our T5 invites channel NoP Public Service. Available to any and all for invites to T5 starbases for all your fleet gear needs.
    he didn't forget
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel like this is going to become the new "DDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" thread. And I thought those were against the rules now.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I was about to ask where Dental was, I'd thought this thread would be a homing beacon for them! But hay presto they appear! :D
    josan369 wrote: »
    I feel like this is going to become the new "DDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" thread. And I thought those were against the rules now.

And no this isn't anywhere near a doom thread, no one has said anything is doomed in anyway shape or form!

Is it too late to grab some popcorn?
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Did someone just paint a big bullseye on themselves and declare an open season?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited December 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    Did someone just paint a big bullseye on themselves and declare an open season?

Yes.

/10char
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gazurtoid, you have been demoted so you cannot do any damage such as invite alts and trolls to spam flood the fleet with their chars, one of many fails tried earlier this year upon our fleet. Your behavior has made me suspicious for a long time that your loyalties lie elsewhere, a suspicion you have confirmed for all to see. There are many other fleets on STO, rather than rant, why don't you find a fleet more suitable for you. It's what players do all the time. You are considered dismissed from our group, may you find one of your taste.
    Xean.

Where to start... Firstly, I am still a little annoyed at being groundlessly demoted in Xtern1ty. It is unclear exactly what I had done wrong to be singled out in such a manner?

In any event, I think this is rapidly reaching the point that I would strongly advise you to log off and uninstall STO. I have not seen narcisstic delusional paranoia in one person to such a degree in quite some time.

You continually attack other posters and fleets - both in game and on the forums, in both an overt and indirect manner. You appear to genuinely believe you are on some sort of crusade, to help players and rid the galaxy of 'Dentals' and 'Cyberbullies'.

Your opening post, although written as an 'appeal for peace', is so full of passive aggressive behaviour to qualify as a baiting thread. As for your behaviour ingame - 'Naming and Shaming' is against the ToS, so I will not do so. That said, I will simply note that there are plenty of chatlogs out there showing your behaviour in game, as well as your malicious comments to some players. Several others have also mentioned their personal dealings with you in this thread. And you claim others are the trolls?

Frankly, I think you are quite unwell. This is not a healthy environment for you to be in. Log off before you do serious damage to your psyche.

If I really was psychologically unstable, insane or autistic as has been ascribed, posts like yours and many others on this thread would serve no comfort and only drive such a person over the edge. On the other hand, I prefer to let liars and their lies defeat themselves while I enjoy the pleasures of life others skip in their fail attempts.

I am neither victim nor hero. It is not my fault if I am almost the only one here speaking out on practices that are not right. Many prefer to keep quiet or quit the game rather than endure treatment as visible throughout this thread. Never did I mention anyone on this thread, they spoke for themselves and chose to focus on me rather than the problems addressed. So, I should keep quiet, hide, change my name, quit STO...

No.

They doomed themselves to the shadow of those they have no power over.

I sought to bring attention to issues which should not have been my job to do in the first place. Yeah, I know. No one cares. I hope for the sake of STO that's not the case.

I've done more than my share, now I am moving on. If others cannot do the same, that's their problem. *Walks away*
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And with that, I think this thread has run its' course. I was kinda hoping that people would just ignore it, but that's obviously not happening so we'll kill this before it turns nasty (-er).
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.