test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You know you are a true STO veteran when...

rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Ten Forward
First of all, in this thread Veteran will be about your time in the game, not about whatever subscription days you have.

A simple game. I can explain pretty long, but it should explain itself.

My first entry.

You know you are a true STO veteran when you remember turning in Terradome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1: I remember Atari owning STO. And I remember the day everyone's join date reset to June 2012. And I remember the rage over everyone's post count resetting, as if the post count meant something important.

2: I remember filming a playthrough of Terradome, the entire mission! The mission took forever, but the end result was a video that was absolutely hilarious! This was also how we discovered that when you talk into the microphone, your character's mouth moves as if he was talking!

3: I miss the days when Task Force Omega meant getting a shiny thing after a mission, and you use that to buy a shiny weapon. That was how I fully equipped all of my ships. And I miss needing to go to DS9 to do this.

4: I remember the days when you needed to reach a certain rank to unlock the ability to create a KDF character.

5: My KDF characters have been in the same fleet for 2 full years. And I eventually ended up becoming THE leader of that fleet. And the fleet is still going as strong as it ever did. Yes, I take pride in that.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,528 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you still have a retro Gorn. :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You know you're a veteran when you have made at least 1 contribution (not meaning money and in my case many) to advance the failure of cyberbullies.

... and when you can play STO scrabble using a complete dictionary of purple doffs. :cool:
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you could craft the delta flyer.
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When delta rising was not the best expansion ever that the players loved.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you remember how the STFs used to work.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you remember the early mission (long since removed) in which you went to a mining colony which has disgruntled workers. You then talk to all of them, who in turn quiz you on whether your actually read what they said. Then you tell the Mine supervisor.

Then you get back to fighting Klingons.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When the highest item marks were MK X and XI and the game was balanced for them. Which led to good, balanced content that wasn't a rofl stomp but had decent challenge overall.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yer a vet when you have to spend BNP's because you don't have room in the bank to store the 2nd or 3rd stack of them.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When you remember defeating the original crystal entity that wasn't really hard so long as you did not pug with people screaming, "DON'T SHOOT TORPEDOES"
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I would talk to friends and family via chat channel, since Champions Online went F2P before Star Trek Online.

I Joined STO the day it went F2P!
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you used to go to Memory Alpha and trade mats, and there was no progress bar on the Aegis gear that you were crafting. :D
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...when you remember doing the DS9 Fleet Action.

...when you had to actually GO to the systems the STF's were at.

...when it took longer than the entire STF just to get enough people to run a STF with a Klingon.

...when you remember what the game was like before the red box bugship dealys.

...in fact, there was a time before Winter events, too.

...and I remember the year-long content drought.

...and lastly I remember when certain species had to be purchased, like Ferengi and the original Joined Trill.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When you remember tribbles getting bigger than players when you pet them..

Or when the KDF invaded the federation and launched an attack on earth space dock, which also resulted in borg ships attacking.

Or when the system was so overloaded that you would sometimes beam down as your ship, or beam up as your player and could move around ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I still have a "Celebration: Year One!" accolade in progress that I'll never be able to complete. Didn't get shape-changed by Q enough times at the time.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You remember Cannons were King, and anything else would never come close
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When all science powers could destroy everything!
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Damn, I was just gonna joke about D'deridex Defenders or the fun of combining the Jem'Hadar shield with a Shield Distribution Officer, but you people are truly old.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When you could change the colour of you're energy weapons! ( green antiproton's for the win ).
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You Still Have Space Weapons With The (Borg) Mod On Them In Your Inventory.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2014
    askray wrote: »

Or when the KDF invaded the federation and launched an attack on earth space dock, which also resulted in borg ships attacking.

I remember that one!!! I was there when it happen..

When you needed Tokens to buy Omega Gear at the old DS9 Store
    which only dropped randomly to random players...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When you remember the rage and whine fest that accompanied the first Jem'hadar giveaway.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2014
    When the borg Space Set used to the a 4 item set that included:

Assimilated Graviton Deflector Array
    Assimilated Transwarp Engines
    Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array
    Assimilated Module

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I remember when the Terran Empire ships were purple.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When the borg Space Set used to the a 4 item set that included:

Assimilated Graviton Deflector Array
    Assimilated Transwarp Engines
    Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array
    Assimilated Module

When everyone used this set because it was the only end-game set obtainable through PVE.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    When you've seen 8 or 9 of these threads before and understand that they're usually just full of rose-colored-glasses nostalgia complaints :D
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I'm not complaining. I just said one of the things I remember.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    when you remember failing 3 hour STFs since 4 people left in hour 2
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    You Still Have Space Weapons With The (Borg) Mod On Them In Your Inventory.
    When you have a Boff that carries around a Full-Auto Plasma Rifle with [Borg].
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    When you remember how hard the original ground portion of Cure and first space portion of Khitomer were.