Install Arc
Options

Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser

Comments

• Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    This is typical for the Elachi ships. They have the Shield Modifier of a Science Vessel and a higher turn rate than typical ships of their class. The trade off is that they have reduced hull strength.

'Cept it (appears to) match the Breen Carrier Hull step for step, and since I don't own/fly some of the other carriers I cannot comment on them, but 56K(@Lvl 60)seems pretty good.

So this may be exception to the hull strength rule...<shrug> I dunno.....
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    So...you guys looked at all the negative feedback from the JHDC needing bugships to unlock frigate pets and said, "You know what? We should do more of that."

Sigh...

They probably also got a lot of positive feedback - people trying to buy a lot of boxes for the bugships so they finally get the frigate pets.

Oh, sorry, the term here is "metrics", right?

If you don't like it enough, you won't pay the price. Cryptic is probably okay with that considering the people that like it enough to pay the price...

I don't like it either. But I never liked the whole lockbox bullsh*t.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Welp, let's see...

5/3, 1 hangar bay, 1 more boff slot than Scimitard, high shields, weak hull, some intel, 4 tac consoles...

Meh.

Scimitard is still a little tankier with the right build, and has a better turn; this beast is pants in PVP and the Scimitard will still parse higher and tank better in PVE.

Not worth it. But nice ship anyway.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My bug ship is collecting dust for the amazing privilege of using decent frigate pets on my JHDC. At least the Breen frigate is easy to get for unlocking the frigate pets on the Breen carrier. Otherwise, I say "meh". :(
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Aww was hoping for a full dread with 2 hangar bays, but its still a nice "little" ship. The trait its kinda meh. With the elachi torp it will suck alot since that one is slow and destructable...
    But one thing tho, whats up with this new trend that dont give lvl 3 abilities to pets at ultra rare quality?:confused:
    Saw this first on the breen pets and thought it was a bug, but it seems is not if these new pets follow the same rule. I know that they get a new ability, but so are the old ones like the Mesh Weavers or JHAS pets. They have lvl 3 ability + extra special ability.
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone have any idea what the odds are on that shipping popping up when you buy the R&D box?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am good with my Breen carrier and Frigate pets, thanks.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd rather see some new KDF and ROM T6 ships added to the C-Store...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really like how it looks, and... that's all.

I would probably buy it, by the looks alone, if it was in the C-Store. Not gonna gamble for it.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sleek design. Really like the style of the separation ability going on with this ship.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Welp, let's see...

5/3, 1 hangar bay, 1 more boff slot than Scimitard, high shields, weak hull, some intel, 4 tac consoles...

Meh.

Scimitard is still a little tankier with the right build, and has a better turn; this beast is pants in PVP and the Scimitard will still parse higher and tank better in PVE.

Not worth it. But nice ship anyway.

this can run OSS3, scimitar cant. the intel cruisers already beat the scimitar in the DPS game.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i can't keep up with this **** anymore.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Very nice looking ship but as always out of reach of all but the very lucky few or the space whales who will throw $$$'s at the game until the cows come home.

So for most of us this is a non-event.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice ship, but I'm not interested in gambling for it.
  • Options
    kdfrulzfeddroolzkdfrulzfeddroolz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    I really like how it looks, and... that's all.

I would probably buy it, by the looks alone, if it was in the C-Store. Not gonna gamble for it.

I agree I would have bought it if they offered it from the C-Store.
    However since it's a random chance to get it, and likely a very low chance at that :(
    ..no thanks I'm done with that.
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another weird alien ship. I will pass. NEXT! :P
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    conclainconclain Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd love one , but I aint playing that lock box game ever again. If it were c store I'd be all over it.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    karlbarb wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the odds are on that shipping popping up when you buy the R&D box?

Probably between 0.5% and 2%.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ugly ship I don't want it. Could we possibly get a T-6 fed dread that isn't ugly? :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sgtschatz wrote: »
    Ugly ship I don't want it. Could we possibly get a T-6 fed dread that isn't ugly? :cool:

How about a Jupiter class? :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about a Jupiter class? :P
    He said one that isn't ugly.

Plus, FEDs got enough T6 ships for the time being. Devs should really spend some time on the KDF and ROM T6. Especially considering these are now packed with Starship Mastery Trait unlocks, which these factions really need more of, seeing how FED ones are such OP gamechangers.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Heavy breathing. This may get me back into the game though.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    holiday sales are down. unleash the doffbox

Yeah, does seem a bit 'out of the blue' promotion. And Elachi? Thought we were in the Delta Quadrant now...
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    All these money grabbing ships which are far too OP are what's killing this game for everybody who doesn't have thousands of bucks to spend every week on the game. Way to go on another game breaking ship. I'm sure the whales will love it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, does seem a bit 'out of the blue' promotion. And Elachi? Thought we were in the Delta Quadrant now...

Ever played "What's Left Behind"? ;)

And yeah. Say what you want, but that ship is at least on the same level with the Scimi. The Intel Boff gives it a good edge I actually think.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You'll know when things are really bad... The Borg lock box will appear. I look forward to flying my probe, and lobi Sphere. Doff pack Borg Diamond ship ( 'octotechgrodon' omg that's not it. I forget what's it called. Darn you geometry... XD )
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Does this question even need to be asked? It will only come from R&D packs from the C-Store that are purchased during the event, just like the JHAS and Bulwark only come from Doff packs purchased from the C-Store during their respective events.

The boxes can be opened at any time, not just during the event, but the boxes must be those that have been purchased during the event itself and will have a special name/icon/tag to distinguish them from normal R&D boxes.

It's a neat ship with a good shield mod, good trait, good layout, but it'll be way outside of my price range. :(

Yes, because how many people are foolish enough to be easily parted with their money to drop $10 a shot to get that ship? I have seen a few in this thread so far but I can't imagine that balancing out to equate to as much as if they just used Master Keys and a new lock box.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lot of nerve, really.
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice ship but I don't haz the moneyz to buy1 :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.