test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Really, guys? On the first two replies? REALLY?!? You DO know that Trendy's just a messenger, right? You don't need to trounce anyone with a gold name just for your beef with Geko, you know. (assuming it's about that)

Please show me in the post I made where I said ANYTHING (positive or negative) about her. Replying to a message post <> trashing the poster.

I think your White Knight Armor is a bit overbuffed. <--- Now that's a dig. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sgtschatz wrote: »
    Ugly ship I don't want it. Could we possibly get a T-6 fed dread that isn't ugly? :cool:

Typhoon PLEASE!
  • heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ODDS are conspicuously missing from this post. The line about "either 10 lobi or the Sheshar Dreadnought" makes it sound like the odds of either are roughly comparable, but I'll eat my hat if that's true.

I'm not typically a doomsayer, but this seems at least shortsighted and at worst deliberately underhanded. I'm already feeling a bit like I've been taken for a ride, considering that all the endgame ships I bought with cash money are now no longer endgame ships, and that the only way I can turn them back into endgame ships is to pay more money for ships I already paid 25-50 bucks for, and I could swear that promotions like this in the past always included the odds of getting the rare ship. I could be mistaken on that, but I don't think I am.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Geez guys, could you copy the Galaxy Dreadnought any more in this ship?

Um... there is only one thing that matches the Gal-X... and thats the one Hangar Bay... if you mean schimitar, than yeah the weapons layout is the same, but not sure about the Boff Layout
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heavensrun wrote: »
    The ODDS are conspicuously missing from this post. The line about "either 10 lobi or the Sheshar Dreadnought" makes it sound like the odds of either are roughly comparable, but I'll eat my hat if that's true.

I'm not typically a doomsayer, but this seems at least shortsighted and at worst deliberately underhanded. I'm already feeling a bit like I've been taken for a ride, considering that all the endgame ships I bought with cash money are now no longer endgame ships, and that the only way I can turn them back into endgame ships is to pay more money for ships I already paid 25-50 bucks for, and I could swear that promotions like this in the past always included the odds of getting the rare ship. I could be mistaken on that, but I don't think I am.

Cryptic has never ever told us the odds of getting the ship. Only the the odds are "improved" in these more expensive boxes than standard lock boxes.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't mention this in most latest ship blogs, but since the Sheshar is actually a very nice dreadnought, could we please once more have clickable images for better quality, Trendy (and Smirk)?

It saddened me greatly that since getting the new blog design, we are stuck with the 400x300 or so pixel images...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    primar13 wrote: »
    Um... there is only one thing that matches the Gal-X... and thats the one Hangar Bay... if you mean schimitar, than yeah the weapons layout is the same, but not sure about the Boff Layout

There is another thing that matches the Gal-X.

The Sheshar is an engineering dreadnought, same as the Gal-X and the Bulwark, a similarly (in)accessible ship. That means one hangar bay, Eng commander, slow turn, two cruiser commands and the Eng dreadnought mastery passives.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2014
    Hello,..

first off all.. the Ship is nice.. yes....

but no way i put here Money into this game.. what they did for US here.. right nothing ! :cool:

Who are that damm BUG-FIXES ?

No ?

So i say the same. ;)

Regarts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yes, because how many people are foolish enough to be easily parted with their money to drop $10 a shot to get that ship? I have seen a few in this thread so far but I can't imagine that balancing out to equate to as much as if they just used Master Keys and a new lock box.

Hey Dude...

1000 for a 4 Pack of R&D Boxes....
    300 for a Single Box...

Pay Attention to the Store...
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Very nice, I'm sure many will go for it. Right now funds are tight with Christmas, and the Dil exchange is too expensive for me at this time.

At least I have the Breen Carrier to fill in the void for a nice Romulan Carrier. I will pass on this ship for now.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heavensrun wrote: »
    I could swear that promotions like this in the past always included the odds of getting the rare ship. I could be mistaken on that, but I don't think I am.

Afraid you are friend.

To the best of my knowledge, The odds have NEVER been publicly declared by Cryptic, BUT have been estimated by those who research such things to possibly be about 1%, and perhaps maybe even LOWER, If I'm not mistaken.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have only two words for this special deal ship...

MONEY GRAB :P :rolleyes: :cool:
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm so happy to see the ship is finally becoming playable..

I'm so devastated that I will probably never own one..

(Loved it the moment I first saw it; loved it more when I got to fight it; going to loathe everyone else I see flying it.)
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've wanted this ship since I first laid eyes on it... but no, not with a RNG dictating whether I get it or not.

Put it in the C-store and I'll gladly buy it.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love me some flight deck cruisers. I shall attempt to get this one too.

My only question is whether they've fixed the Elachi Subspace Tranceiver bug, where aux2bat or aux sub system going offline causes the pets to dock/vanish without you ordering them to.

See here for video of the tranciever bug the last time I flew the Monbosh
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14274361&postcount=3
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • tasilatasila Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please dont buy any more R&D Packs. Even if its a very nice Ship ull support Trottel(idiot) Lotto if u do but im sure there are some PPl that throw Money to the game its oky but the price-performance ratio at the moment is much tooo high to do R&D or waste your Money for virtual Space Ships that are worth nothing if STO gets shutdown.
    But hey the Humanity is dumb as Bread if its going too Greed if you want something. STO atm got too far expensive for what we got.
    At the moment the game get squeezed like a Lemon please dont Just support Trottel Lotto of any kind of BOXXES let me beleive in the Humanity.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's my feedback on this:
    • More ships, yay? *slow claps*
    • I'm really over this whole "only get frigate pets if you own other ship" deal it sucks
    • Imagine how great this game could be if there were less focus on creating ships to sell and more focus on creating fun and immersive gameplay

Is this ship the Scimitard killer? Why not just throw a fifth tac console slot on it and call it a day.

This!

Ships ships ships its getting boring. And the real sad part is still no scim 2.0:(
    No com tac no battlecloak so go home elachi go home.. An almost 2 years old ship is still much better than anything released since. And i hate the scim visually speaking.

Seems like this thing about cryptic needing money is wrong otherwise the stats would have been better. So sad:(
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Ever played "What's Left Behind"? ;)

And yeah. Say what you want, but that ship is at least on the same level with the Scimi. The Intel Boff gives it a good edge I actually think.

No its not!
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Aww was hoping for a full dread with 2 hangar bays, but its still a nice "little" ship. The trait its kinda meh. With the elachi torp it will suck alot since that one is slow and destructable...
    But one thing tho, whats up with this new trend that dont give lvl 3 abilities to pets at ultra rare quality?:confused:
    Saw this first on the breen pets and thought it was a bug, but it seems is not if these new pets follow the same rule
    . I know that they get a new ability, but so are the old ones like the Mesh Weavers or JHAS pets. They have lvl 3 ability + extra special ability.

Probably will be Epic quality (perhaps upgradable to milk players for even more) for the T6 pets in the future which will max out those lvl II skills.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Frankly I am tired...

Tired of lottery where you need to spend huge amount of zen trying to win a ship bound to character... at least box ships should be bount to account (better if avaible to all the toons of our accounts like zen ships) and still are too expensive.

Moreover I am tired about huge "need to grind".. once upon a time this was star trek on line, now it's grinding on line... grind for fleet mark, omega mark, romulan, nukara, delta... grinding dilithium and crafting materials to buy/build/upgrade items. And if you not need to grind, you need to play the same contents because of specialization...

I do not need/want more power, more dps... i just want fun and fun is in real new contents (both pve and pvp) without bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thanks alot i have been asking for this ship for so long im glad to be able to get a chance to play this sexy looking ship. i carnt wait to try it :):):D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No its not!

Well, this time we can find out.
    A romulan in this monster can test drive it and compare. Most ships, you have to compare non-rom vs scim, and the advantage of the officers and racial trait make even really nice ships fall behind the scim ... not because of the ship, but because of the extra crit and critD ... it is significant. For example try to compare a scim & a maha raptor... you can't, unless the rom self-gimps by removing the racial trait and race officers.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    AUX 2 4th quarter earnings .:cool:
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow...

Four months not playing this game and things have actually gotten worse.

I'll come back in another four months, maybe things will get better then. Maybe this game will change for the better, maybe Cryptic will break free from their overlord and create a real enjoyable game that doesn't cater to Whales with bottomless pockets.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    Well, this time we can find out.
    A romulan in this monster can test drive it and compare. Most ships, you have to compare non-rom vs scim, and the advantage of the officers and racial trait make even really nice ships fall behind the scim ... not because of the ship, but because of the extra crit and critD ... it is significant. For example try to compare a scim & a maha raptor... you can't, unless the rom self-gimps by removing the racial trait and race officers.

Actually this ship is just begging for Reciprocity which the Roms cannot get (at last something in the game that does not benefit Roms more than the others).
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Alas, another amazing ship that I'm not likely to get. Still, I have to say that this is the first ship in a while that I'm feeling compelled to actually attempt to obtain. I've always liked the vertically-oriented hexagonal patterned Elachi ships.

Stats are pretty impressive, too, but I'm in it for the looks.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ***yawn*** :rolleyes: T6 ships are not required to complete DR content, remember?
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm quite impressed that so many people have been able to travel into the future, fly this ship and return to the present to report that it's a Scimitar-killing God. A beast, a planet destroyer, slayer of mighty deities that Thor's hammer couldn't put a dent into.

Or is all this enthusiasm just because it's the new shiny?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I'm quite impressed that so many people have been able to travel into the future, fly this ship and return to the present to report that it's a Scimitar-killing God. A beast, a planet destroyer, slayer of mighty deities that Thor's hammer couldn't put a dent into.

Or is all this enthusiasm just because it's the new shiny?

One you seem to confuse a fair amount of disdain with 'enthusiasm.' Two, it doesn't take a genius to be able to look at a ships listed stats and figure out roughly how its going to handle. If you're going to try and feign arrogance, at least be accurate about it.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eurialo wrote: »
    Frankly I am tired...

Tired of lottery where you need to spend huge amount of zen trying to win a ship bound to character... at least box ships should be bount to account (better if avaible to all the toons of our accounts like zen ships) and still are too expensive.

Moreover I am tired about huge "need to grind".. once upon a time this was star trek on line, now it's grinding on line... grind for fleet mark, omega mark, romulan, nukara, delta... grinding dilithium and crafting materials to buy/build/upgrade items. And if you not need to grind, you need to play the same contents because of specialization...

I do not need/want more power, more dps... i just want fun and fun is in real new contents (both pve and pvp) without bugs.

I feel mostly the same way. I like the look of this ship, and I'm sure it's great, but $10 for a minute chance to unlock a ship for a single character on an account where I have about 20? Just not happening. I've also already got more ships than I can practically use, and they all work fine. I'll be more than happy with the Winter Event carrier, thanks. At least I know my investment will pay off there.

I've also gotten pretty bored with Star Grind Online so anymore I play this game pretty casually. I'll run the occasional STF, do a few of the Winter events, and log off. I'm much less likely to get bored if I take it in small doses.