test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The formidable Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser swoops into battle! For a limited time only you have a chance at winning this brand new ship every time you open a Research and Development pack! Now's your chance Captains! This promotion lasts from December 11th to January 5th at 10am PST.

Check out the new ship here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh I see. ^^ Nice attempt at bolstering the STF queues. I hope it works. ;)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Oh I see. ^^ Nice attempt at bolstering the STF queues. I hope it works.

Why would they need bolstering? We all have it on good authority from Captain (Al Rivera) Geko that the queues were all fine and being played regularly. The constant 'zero' (0) you were seeing the the 'players queued' column was a display bug. :eek::cool::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was wondering when this monster would be made available for play! Was already hinted at in the Foundry :D So happy!

P.S.: Any chance we could get an Oschu Shuttle as a playable Small Craft? Would really complete the whole lineup :)
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Considering you can't get it from STFS only if you buy the pack. I don;t see this as anything to waste my money on
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why would they need bolstering? We all have it on good authority from Captain (Al Rivera) Geko that the queues were all fine and being played regularly. The constant 'zero' (0) you were seeing the the 'players queued' column was a display bug. :eek::cool::D;)

ROFL...

What gets me is how this thing gets a special torpedo ship trait when ships like the armitage and the enhanced battle cloak b'rel were shown as torpedo bombers but neither really have much in those areas lol.

I guess I could try and add more ships to the ship lines of the characters on KDF side that don't any or much from their races as far as ships go. Would have been cool too if they had added in something like winning orion, nausicaan, and gorn ships you can't buy in the game lol.
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's my feedback on this:
    • More ships, yay? *slow claps*
    • I'm really over this whole "only get frigate pets if you own other ship" deal it sucks
    • Imagine how great this game could be if there were less focus on creating ships to sell and more focus on creating fun and immersive gameplay

Is this ship the Scimitard killer? Why not just throw a fifth tac console slot on it and call it a day.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Finally an alien ship that piques my Engineers interest.

To bad this week isn't my payday week.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow... I almost pulled out the wallet, but then I remembered the current state STO is in. Had to put wallet back :(.

Either way it's a nice looking ship...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *falls out of chair laughing*

While we're at it, why not tell everyone about the Kazon Carrier was well? :D
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is a complete tangent and I'm not saying whether I actually believe it or not (though I lean toward believing)... but that's not the bug Geko described.

The bug was that in the past the queues stated one figure for people queued but in actuality that number was inaccurate. Now they've fixed that. They've not said anything around the queues under-reporting at present.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Geez guys, could you copy the Galaxy Dreadnought any more in this ship?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Wow... I almost pulled out the wallet, but then I remembered the current state STO is in. Had to put wallet back :(.

...and the promo doesn't start till Thursday.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Geez guys, could you copy the Galaxy Dreadnought any more in this ship?

Actually its closer to a Scimitar for Feds and KDF. Just what the game needs. :rolleyes:
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How come these dont have a battle cloak? they have them during the romulan storyline.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are these from any R&D box or only from the Z-Store $10 a pop boxes?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe it's just me , but this thing having a greater shield mod than the Breen Carrier(which appears to be kinda Sci heavy) - just seems weird....them being both T6 an all....

[Yes I understand the difference why they are different(at least my reasons); but still - a Sci-ish carrier being out modded by a Engi-ish ship....]
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    been down this road... with the JHAS. After opening more than enough packs for it and no joy, I am cured of it. Even lockboxes are better than this .... at least lockboxes have some interesting junk when you lose.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like a cool ship*, but I am not really in the habit of hunting RNG lockbox type ships. Way too expensive.

*) Though it looks very greenish.. STO (maybe Star Trek itself actually) really has a preference for ships with lots of green. Romulans, Borg, Klingons, Breen...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me , but this thing having a greater shield mod than the Breen Carrier(which appears to be kinda Sci heavy) - just seems weird....them being both T6 an all....

[Yes I understand the difference why they are different(at least my reasons); but still - a Sci-ish carrier being out modded by a Engi-ish ship....]

This is typical for the Elachi ships. They have the Shield Modifier of a Science Vessel and a higher turn rate than typical ships of their class. The trade off is that they have reduced hull strength.
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think I have to have this ship. Like really have to have.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So...you guys looked at all the negative feedback from the JHDC needing bugships to unlock frigate pets and said, "You know what? We should do more of that."

Sigh...

The ship itself looks pretty cool though. But you really need to get over this whole owning one ship to use pets on another thing. It's so dumb.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh I see. ^^ Nice attempt at bolstering the STF queues. I hope it works.

How would this help the STF queues?

The ship comes from the R&D Box bought from the C-Store, not the ones from the STF queues
    Sorta like the Bug coming from the Romulan Survivor DOff Pack
    For a limited time from December 11th to January 5th at 10am PST , we are running a promotion from that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack.

When you purchase a Research and Development Pack from the C-Store and open it, you will receive either 10 Lobi Crystals or an Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser, in addition to the Research and Development Pack.

Although that would be great if it came from the STF drop one ;)

Not too keen on the ship itself, but I would love to have its trait
  • crusader3025crusader3025 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I don't think it works for those drops. Article states it comes from the ones you shell out actual cash for.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why would they need bolstering? We all have it on good authority from Captain (Al Rivera) Geko that the queues were all fine and being played regularly. The constant 'zero' (0) you were seeing the the 'players queued' column was a display bug.)
    Really, guys? On the first two replies? REALLY?!? You DO know that Trendy's just a messenger, right? You don't need to trounce anyone with a gold name just for your beef with Geko, you know. (assuming it's about that)
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    atlantra wrote: »

Seconded..

And i really like STO, but the bugs just ran off with my wallet >.>
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Almost had me there 5 weapons in the the front and only 3 in the rear. I'll wait when you provide a 5/5 ratio or even 5/4 would work. Maybe in 2015..? Plus scoring and all these cuts would have to be lifted too! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From the devs who brought you the space TRIBBLE!

You can now get your very own Cylon Basestar.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    *falls out of chair laughing*

While we're at it, why not tell everyone about the Kazon Carrier was well? :D

They're not that desperate yet.

The Kazon cruiser and the Kazon carrier (with raider pets unlockable) will come soon, just not yet. They're 'Cryptic' after all.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are these from any R&D box or only from the Z-Store $10 a pop boxes?

Does this question even need to be asked? It will only come from R&D packs from the C-Store that are purchased during the event, just like the JHAS and Bulwark only come from Doff packs purchased from the C-Store during their respective events.

The boxes can be opened at any time, not just during the event, but the boxes must be those that have been purchased during the event itself and will have a special name/icon/tag to distinguish them from normal R&D boxes.

It's a neat ship with a good shield mod, good trait, good layout, but it'll be way outside of my price range. :(

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    This is typical for the Elachi ships. They have the Shield Modifier of a Science Vessel and a higher turn rate than typical ships of their class. The trade off is that they have reduced hull strength.

'Cept it (appears to) match the Breen Carrier Hull step for step, and since I don't own/fly some of the other carriers I cannot comment on them, but 56K(@Lvl 60)seems pretty good.

So this may be exception to the hull strength rule...<shrug> I dunno.....